The Great Steps of Beijio

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Lieutenant Watanabe on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 pm

The 100,000 steps it takes to reach the Imperial Palace by foot can be harrowing, but thankfully it's just a steady slope upwards with no curves...
avatar
Lieutenant Watanabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-18
Location : Lieutenant of the Imperial Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Lieutenant Watanabe on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:15 pm

The Lieutenant stumbled down the stone steps leading to the palace after plunging down onto them. She dropped her katana, and tumbled sideways down, all the way down. At the base of the first landing, she tumbled onto her chest, head faced down. Covered in bruises, scrapes, scratches and steadily bleeding, her katana clanged beside her and stilled beside her still body. "Emp..press.." she called out weakly, trying to lift her torso but quickly fell back down on her chest-her left cheek planted upon the stone landing. She looks up with wavering tired eyes at the palace, feeling as though she had lost it all...
avatar
Lieutenant Watanabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-18
Location : Lieutenant of the Imperial Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Reno KimKaze on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Lieutenant Watanabe wrote:The Lieutenant stumbled down the stone steps leading to the palace after plunging down onto them. She dropped her katana, and tumbled sideways down, all the way down. At the base of the first landing, she tumbled onto her chest, head faced down. Covered in bruises, scrapes, scratches and steadily bleeding, her katana clanged beside her and stilled beside her still body. "Emp..press.." she called out weakly, trying to lift her torso but quickly fell back down on her chest-her left cheek planted upon the stone landing. She looks up with wavering tired eyes at the palace, feeling as though she had lost it all...

A tall shadow lingers over the fallen woman. He is wearing a dark clandestine suit with Dark leather boots. He kneels down, and feels her pulse. "Still breathing, but daaaamn...you did take one hell of a beating, kid." he says, his red spiky hair flowing over his eyes. He stands up, arching his back as he stretched. "Tsch, it's always guys like me who have to do all the work." He says out loud, putting his hands in his pocket and ascending the stairs with a chuckle.

_________________


My theme curtosy of Mr. Stratusi xD :
http//ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqmu-daXX7Y&feature=related]theme[/url]
avatar
Reno KimKaze
Private
Private

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  barduwulf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm

The general and the young demon hunter approached the steps to the palace noticing the damage that had been done to the city. Soon enough, Barduwulf spotted the lieutenant, still breathing, he pulled out a potion and poured the contents down her throat, helping he swallow. "Lieutenant Watanabe, what the hell is going on here?" He asked as soon as she stopped coughing.

_________________
avatar
barduwulf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 179
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 pm

Satori stood by their side, looking from the samurai to the ninja. "Jeeze what the hell happened to you?" she asked, concerned for the well being of the Lieutenant.
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Lieutenant Watanabe on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 pm

barduwulf wrote:The general and the young demon hunter approached the steps to the palace noticing the damage that had been done to the city. Soon enough, Barduwulf spotted the lieutenant, still breathing, he pulled out a potion and poured the contents down her throat, helping he swallow. "Lieutenant Watanabe, what the hell is going on here?" He asked as soon as she stopped coughing.

The Lieutenant shakily opens her eyes. "Oh...General.." she winced. "So..nice to see you again." she said with her removed veil, closing her eyes. "Out of one hole, and into another...I'm afraid....some...'creature', a Dragon who calls himself a 'Guardian of Beijio'...he's devoured the Empress...he said she betrayed us as a people, and within the remaining hour, she'll be dead...." she tried to stand. "We need to SAVE her!" She exclaimed, coughing up blood that came from her jaw, falling upon the General for support.
avatar
Lieutenant Watanabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-10-18
Location : Lieutenant of the Imperial Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  barduwulf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:29 pm

"Satori, there's a hospital nearby, take the lieutenant there and tell them I sent you. I'll handle the rescue, understood?" He said, with a calm rage brewing inside.

_________________
avatar
barduwulf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 179
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:32 pm

barduwulf wrote:"Satori, there's a hospital nearby, take the lieutenant there and tell them I sent you. I'll handle the rescue, understood?" He said, with a calm rage brewing inside.

She looked from lieutenant to Barduwulf. She could handle dragons...been eaten by one, yes; but she can help him defeat the roaring beast above. She nodded. "Understood, I'll return to help after I complete the task." she replied, holding the Lieutenant in her arms, noticing the deep bruises upon the woman's legs. "Leave something for me to fight when I get back, ok?" she asked grinning, before running off with the woman.
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  barduwulf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:01 pm

He did not reply, but started running up the steps.

_________________
avatar
barduwulf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 179
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Satori continues down the stairs. She was glad to have helped, even if it was a simple job as delivering a message. If that man had not came the moment he did...
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Diasuke Hirojawa on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Satori wrote:Satori continues down the stairs. She was glad to have helped, even if it was a simple job as delivering a message. If that man had not came the moment he did...

"Satori." came Diasuke's voice. He was smiling at the woman as he approached her. "Hold up a minute...I'd like to talk to you in relative privacy if I may?" he asks, taking out a cigarette and lighting it, he began to draw it in, and then blew out a steady stream of smoke from his nose and mouth.

Diasuke Hirojawa
Private
Private

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Diasuke Hirojawa wrote:
Satori wrote:Satori continues down the stairs. She was glad to have helped, even if it was a simple job as delivering a message. If that man had not came the moment he did...

"Satori." came Diasuke's voice. He was smiling at the woman as he approached her. "Hold up a minute...I'd like to talk to you in relative privacy if I may?" he asks, taking out a cigarette and lighting it, he began to draw it in, and then blew out a steady stream of smoke from his nose and mouth.

Satori paused, turning to the man from earlier. "Ummm Sure? How may I help you?" she asked the man folding her arms.
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Diasuke Hirojawa on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Diasuke puffed out smoke. "Well, I'm wondering if you'd like to do something else for a living...other than killing demons for a profit." he says with a grin, flicking the tobacco stick away.

Diasuke Hirojawa
Private
Private

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Diasuke Hirojawa wrote:Diasuke puffed out smoke. "Well, I'm wondering if you'd like to do something else for a living...other than killing demons for a profit." he says with a grin, flicking the tobacco stick away.

Satori blinked. "Wait...are you offering me a job?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "What...kind of job to be exact?" she added, tapping her foot.
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Orihime on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm

From behind Satori a woman in armor, a sword on her left hip ascended the stairs. "Head Captain Hirojawa. The front entrance is secured with our forces. Fires are still dispersed throughout the City, but the civilian populace can manage them." she states to her captain, her tattered black kimono flowing behind her.
avatar
Orihime
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Diasuke Hirojawa on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am

Orihime wrote:From behind Satori a woman in armor, a sword on her left hip ascended the stairs. "Head Captain Hirojawa. The front entrance is secured with our forces. Fires are still dispersed throughout the City, but the civilian populace can manage them." she states to her captain, her tattered black kimono flowing behind her.

"Ah, Orihime! I need you to report to the Palace; look for a General Garamonde, he will inform you of your duties. Report to the Odawara Inn once your duties are complete. Dismissed." he says, on hand behind his back the free hand raising up into a salute of sorts. He then turns to Satori. "Well Satori, I'd like you to look at joining the 12 Swords of Hiiten. A woman of your talents shouldn't be wasted on solely fighting demons after all." he grins. "So how about it? Like to join up with us? I mean...this has been the longest you've been in your 'released' state, isn't it?" he asked, adjusting his frames.

Diasuke Hirojawa
Private
Private

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Orihime on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:18 am

Diasuke Hirojawa wrote:
Orihime wrote:From behind Satori a woman in armor, a sword on her left hip ascended the stairs. "Head Captain Hirojawa. The front entrance is secured with our forces. Fires are still dispersed throughout the City, but the civilian populace can manage them." she states to her captain, her tattered black kimono flowing behind her.

"Ah, Orihime! I need you to report to the Palace; look for a General Garamonde, he will inform you of your duties. Report to the Odawara Inn once your duties are complete. Dismissed." he says, on hand behind his back the free hand raising up into a salute of sorts. He then turns to Satori. "Well Satori, I'd like you to look at joining the 12 Swords of Hiiten. A woman of your talents shouldn't be wasted on solely fighting demons after all." he grins. "So how about it? Like to join up with us? I mean...this has been the longest you've been in your 'released' state, isn't it?" he asked, adjusting his frames.

Orihime nodded. "Sir Yes Sir!" She replied, standing firm, she then heads up the stairs, holding the scabbard of her Souba as she ascended the rest of the stairs within seconds, showing off the strength, agility, and stamina a 2nd class soldier of the 12 swords could muster.
avatar
Orihime
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Diasuke Hirojawa on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Diasuke watched his subordinate leave before turning his lens gaze back to Satori. "You see, you can also greatly improve your skills joining our ranks. Your family reputation proceeds you Ms. Kabuki." he finishes, adjusting his glasses so they cast light in them again.

Diasuke Hirojawa
Private
Private

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm

Satori paused, not truly sure what to say. "Well...." she starts, but then remembered the purpose of her trip here. Diasuke was right, her appearance did appear to last longer than usual...but she wasn't here for strictly pure business.
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Diasuke Hirojawa on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm

He closed his eyes behind his lenses, and grinned. "Ah, take your time for an answer, it must be a lot to absorb in one afternoon. I'll be in Beijio for a while anyway, so just take your time and come to me when you have an answer." he says with a wave before walking past her. As he did, his lenses shined and revealed half open eyes that expressed minor irritation when combined with his flat expressionless grin. Satori Kabuki...

He hangs a right and heads into the West District where the Odawara Inn resided.

Diasuke Hirojawa
Private
Private

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Satori on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Satori watched the man leave. She still didn't know how she should answer, but she decided it would be best to wait on it. Till then, she'll continue to follow the General's orders and thus she continues forth to the medical tent.
avatar
Satori
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 166
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Connecticut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Miko Hakurei on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm

The priestess ascends the steps, her heavy bag slacked over one shoulder, barely a problem for the strong and well trained female. She could see smoke rising from the palace, but despite her concern she tried to remain calm and not rush herself up the grand steps. "Still...I should have been here..." she thought, her eyelids dropping a little, but she then looks fiercely up to the top steps. "Katsumi's right, I can't blame myself for not being here. It's energy not worth spending."

She would soon make it to the top of the steps.
avatar
Miko Hakurei
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-10-23
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Anastasia Faizland on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 am

As Akubo and Anastasia make there way through the towns and markets, the tall blond Elven woman continued to hold onto the young boys hand, while at the same time silently tugged him along and away from debris ridden areas or places where bodies were being hauled out from. She did it subtly too, so all the while the young Akubo was unaware and remained gleefully at her side. They tried several of the districts, but due to the chaos and the fallout of the CKB attack and of Celestine the poor boy couldn't make heads or tails of his neighborhood.

"I miss my momma Lady Faizland." he says at one point. Anastasia pauses, but the young boy continued to walk forward, dragging her arm only slightly before he noticed she was standing still. He looks at her with curiosity and blinks, stepping closer to her. Her eyes were hidden by the shadows of the setting sun and due to the brim of her peaked cap. She seemed frighteningly detached when her neutral unsmiling lips moved. "We all miss someone little one." Anastasia said, a brief vision of an inferno came across her mind. "It is only natural...even for a soldier to miss someone." she lifted her head slightly, allowing the light to reflect off her shining blue eyes. From this angle they almost looked like blue flame, and she saw a young familiar blond haired Elven maiden in a traditional white nightgown being curled around a good Samaritan's arm, a man who had risked himself to pull the young Elf away; her eyes filled with tears that dripped down the curves of her fair cheeks, the flames and tears had made them appear rosy and more reddened. She cried out silently in Anastasia's mind; as the fire consumes the rest of this thought. She closed her eyes briefly and let out a soft sigh before opening them again.

"Well, since looking for your parents in the city in its current state has become a 'bust' Private, we'll just head to the Palace, and see if someone could help us there." she explains. Akubo's wide eyed expression made her feel a tad more easier on her mind. She cocked an eyebrow. "There something the matter Private?" she asked.

He continued to stare at her before smiling. "I've never been there before! Momma says people like me and her are not usually allowed up there since it's the Empress House." he snorted.

Anastasia blinked. "So you have never seen the layout of the Palace grounds before?"

Akubo blinked back. "Nope!"

"Really?"

"Yup!"

"Huh. Well Private I guess this will be another adventure for us. I can't say I've been up there either." Anastasia says.

"Really?! You too?!"

"Yup." she mimiced. She watched him giggle with excitement and jump about with his hand holding hers and she couldn't help but crack a soft smile from his childish excitement. She is only momentarily brought back to the fire in her mind again when she begins to walk again.

As they got to the Great Steps, the young Akubo looked up the great stair with wide and almost terrified eyes. "Thats... a lot of steps." he says with a shiver. Anastasia nodded. "Almost 2000 steps." she added. The kid physically paled. Anastasia turns to him and smiles before kneeling down. "Hop on." she says. Akubo looks to her with pensive eyes and she tussled his hair. He grins. "Besides...you'll get a better view of the world upon my shoulders." she finished.
avatar
Anastasia Faizland
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2013-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A new dark visitor arrives

Post  Darkstorm Zero on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:17 am

While the siege of Ithteca proceeded, the Asrond detachment of the Horde dispatched, a more subtle response.

A localised mist was forming at the base of the 100,000 steps. The white, chilling tendrils of the foggy mist whipped lazily in the breeze. Unseen, and unknown to the guards and civilians around the base of the stairs, a new presence appraised the somewhat ostentatious structure that led up the mountain to the palace grounds. The chilling, terrifying but unknowable presence manifested unbeknownst to those around it, only a sense of dread terror, unease, and fear of death would creep, unconsciously into the minds of the mortals around it.

"Remarkably arrogant, some mortals... For one to claim to be a benevolent ruler, this Empress Sango Sigara assuredly lives far above her people... Hmph, Heheheheh, and the scent of blood on her soul... Yesssss, there are many dark secrets to exploit here...." the mysterious being thought to itself, as the mist crept up the steps rapidly, like a cold wind, unhampered by the steps or the distance.


_________________


You will bow before the throne of Hell, or you will become part of it.
avatar
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Posts : 519
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 36
Location : The Sinful Throne Of Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Mink on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:While the siege of Ithteca proceeded, the Asrond detachment of the Horde dispatched, a more subtle response.

A localised mist was forming at the base of the 100,000 steps. The white, chilling tendrils of the foggy mist whipped lazily in the breeze. Unseen, and unknown to the guards and civilians around the base of the stairs, a new presence appraised the somewhat ostentatious structure that led up the mountain to the palace grounds. The chilling, terrifying but unknowable presence manifested unbeknownst to those around it, only a sense of dread terror, unease, and fear of death would creep, unconsciously into the minds of the mortals around it.

"Remarkably arrogant, some mortals... For one to claim to be a benevolent ruler, this Empress Sango Sigara assuredly lives far above her people... Hmph, Heheheheh, and the scent of blood on her soul... Yesssss, there are many dark secrets to exploit here...." the mysterious being thought to itself, as the mist crept up the steps rapidly, like a cold wind, unhampered by the steps or the distance.


Mink had gotten lost walking around Beijio. She had followed a trail of hard to find breadcrumbs that lead her to the grand city, but she wasn't sure where exactly she had to head first. As she was walking by the ascending 100,000 steps, she was looking at her wrist, looking at the map of the local area via a hologram. She wasn't looking and bumped into a cloaked figure as she was walking by. "Ooof! Oh, I'm sorr-" she started to apologize when she was struck with a tremendous chill that rolled up and down her spine and felt as though a layer of ice was placed under her shiny ebony skin. She shivered physically, rubbing her arms together viciously. Mink hated the cold, and right now it felt as though she was standing in the ice caps.
avatar
Mink
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 27
Join date : 2013-04-03
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Steps of Beijio

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum