Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divine Challenge

5 posters

Go down

Divine Challenge Empty Divine Challenge

Post  Divine Nicolette Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:45 am

Adjusting my skirt I stood at the center of the square, a small crowd having formed. I'd hoped for a more grandiose venue, but my advisers had suggested something a little more grassroots. I'd recently gotten some bad publicity after responding to a rude question by farting in the reporter's face, and they said I needed all the public support I could get. And my family's martial arts style was rather well known, so I decided I might as well give a public demonstration. But just fighting would be so boring. Luckily, I came up with a great idea. I added a bet.

First, the entry would have to fight one of my bodyguards. I didn't know who it was that was selected, but they won the test fight so I didn't care. Second they'd have to put up a rather steep entry fee. Not enough to make it impossible for less well off fighters, but enough to make sure they were serious. And third was the bet itself. If the opponent won, I'd give them a week long vacation for 4 to anywhere they so desired. But if I won, then they'd be subjected to my Princess' Decree and become my servant! So for me some substantial cash was on the line. For them... it was a bit more pressing.
Divine Nicolette
Divine Nicolette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Divine Challenge Empty Re: Divine Challenge

Post  Stephen Chesluk Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:25 am

Divine Nicolette wrote:Adjusting my skirt I stood at the center of the square, a small crowd having formed. I'd hoped for a more grandiose venue, but my advisers had suggested something a little more grassroots. I'd recently gotten some bad publicity after responding to a rude question by farting in the reporter's face, and they said I needed all the public support I could get. And my family's martial arts style was rather well known, so I decided I might as well give a public demonstration. But just fighting would be so boring. Luckily, I came up with a great idea. I added a bet.

First, the entry would have to fight one of my bodyguards. I didn't know who it was that was selected, but they won the test fight so I didn't care. Second they'd have to put up a rather steep entry fee. Not enough to make it impossible for less well off fighters, but enough to make sure they were serious. And third was the bet itself. If the opponent won, I'd give them a week long vacation for 4 to anywhere they so desired. But if I won, then they'd be subjected to my Princess' Decree and become my servant! So for me some substantial cash was on the line. For them... it was a bit more pressing.

A man walked up to Nicolette, a very confident grin upon his face. "Hello there, Ms. Kadrej; you may know me as Stephen Chesluk, heir, CEO, and the very rich man who owns Chesluk ARMS Corp. I...have a different wager for you. If you win against my fighter, I'll give you one of my factories in Beijio. IF I win, you'll have to sell your patoned firearm you have to me. I've seen your pistol before, and I must say Chesluk ARMS Corp would like to own a piece of that action...so what say you Madam, do you like my wager?" he asked, chuckling as he raised his hand to meet hers, hoping to shake it for a deal.
Stephen Chesluk
Stephen Chesluk
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Divine Nicolette Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Looking annoyed, I crossed my arms on my chest. "Uh, I outlined an arrangement in the flyer. Why exactly should I give a second one the time of day, especially since this gun is worth at least twenty of your grody factories." I didn't make it a rule to remember the faces of anyone, business relationship or no. I left that stuff to my advisors and management, but the name Chesluk at least rang a bell, not that it was enough to influence me.
Divine Nicolette
Divine Nicolette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Chesluk Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 pm

He chuckled, remaining pleasant while under the pressure. "Hey...now that isn't fair! Sure the flyer says a vacation, but my people can take a vacation anytime they want..." he narrows his eyes and smiles confidently. "Why? You don't feel too confident under my wager? I'm sure if the Kadrej Family Maritial Arts were as great as you state they are you should have no worries...well then, would you like me to add more for me to loose in the pot? Like you said, your gun is quite a valuable weapon...that is the only thing I ask if my fighter wins..."
Stephen Chesluk
Stephen Chesluk
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Divine Nicolette Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 am

I wasn't known for my restraint, and at the provocation I clenched a fist, nearly leaping on Chesluk by reflex. "Why you! One champion?! I could take your entire stupid company all at once, I..." Stomping a foot, I calmed down a little bit, after all my temper was what started this whole mess anyway. Smirking a bit, I casually flicked up one hand in the air. "Well if you want to sweeten the deal, maybe you enter the same agreement as your champion. I'm sure you'll taste amazing." I snickered at this before looking a bit more serious. "Though will the gun be of much use to you? It's scaled to my size, and larger versions may have performance issues. I slept through most the meetings about it, but I do remember that much."
Divine Nicolette
Divine Nicolette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephen Chesluk Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:27 am

Steve froze, feeling a chill run up his spine when she stated he'd taste good. "Eh...heheheh...right..." he says nervously, forgetting or rather hiding his anger over her mocking his company. When she stated the gun's small frame being an issue he grins. "That my dear is not an issue to worry about." he says pretty confidently. In truth, he wasn't after the gun itself...just the components that made up the gun is what he was interested in. "I have enough money to hire as many starving fighters to do my bidding, even my maids know some combat." he says with a haughty chuckle.
Stephen Chesluk
Stephen Chesluk
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Orihime Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:30 am

Orihime stepped up behind Chesluk with her blade at her side. She had some time off from the 12 Swords Unit, and the man had promised her some extra cash. "Can we get this done with? Your making me sound like a starving Samurai." she says with a sigh to Chesluk.
Orihime
Orihime
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack McKelly Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:34 am

Stephen Chesluk wrote:Steve froze, feeling a chill run up his spine when she stated he'd taste good. "Eh...heheheh...right..." he says nervously, forgetting or rather hiding his anger over her mocking his company. When she stated the gun's small frame being an issue he grins. "That my dear is not an issue to worry about." he says pretty confidently. In truth, he wasn't after the gun itself...just the components that made up the gun is what he was interested in. "I have enough money to hire as many starving fighters to do my bidding, even my maids know some combat." he says with a haughty chuckle.

From the other side of Chesluk and Orihime was Jack Handy, who was more or less winning his freedom if he won Chesluk's duel for him. He had a pretty famous background, one of a pair of twins born from two of the War Heroes of the Final Raid that took place 18 years ago, and once the star player of the blood sport 'Boontai', before he had a falling out. Now a lowly criminal in the sense of the word he looks to Chesluk with narrowed eyes. Seriously...I just want to get out of my cell and stay out of it this time, I can care less about the money... he thought.
Jack McKelly
Jack McKelly
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Tifa Lockheart Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:38 am

Unlike the other three, Tifa had come for the vacation. She sat back in her leather outfit leaning against the stage as the two bickered. She was looking at the number of people here and was quite shocked to see Chesluk to be here in person. "This might prove to be interesting." she says softly with a grin.
Tifa Lockheart
Tifa Lockheart
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Location : Lost Im afraid; thus I cannot reply to this question ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post  Divine Nicolette Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 am

I had to say that this deal seemed to be turning somewhat against me. My natural overconfidence told me I could take all of them, but in this situation even I had to be certain. I finally nodded with a smug grin, crossing my arms. "Well fine, it's not like we're using them for anything, and as I said if you want to scale-up or repurpose the parts, I think your in for an unpleasant surprise. But none of that's going to matter, because by the end of the day all of you will be in my belly, so try not to cry about what could of been, 'kay?"
Divine Nicolette
Divine Nicolette
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down