Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Chie Arakawa on Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:33 pm



An unmarked trail and location within the Amaine, that is surrounded by a grove of tall and skinny trees, with an open field of Zawilik Wild Flowers, which can be used to cure a multitude of poisons.

-----------------------

The afternoon light filtered down through the thicket of branches and limbs of the groves trees. This golden light cascaded down upon the youthful, beautiful visage of a young woman. Her layered silky onyx bangs were in a similar fashion to that of the standard priestess 'Hime' cut. However, these long draped bangs and angled locks set back into a low hung ponytail held in place by a unique and ornate head piece that was made of a polished bronze or gold material. Her long silky hair kept descending, falling past the rounded curves of her butt that was hidden beneath her hakama skirt of scarlet red. Her attire was similar to that of a Beijionese Priestess, but the clothing was made more 'relaxed' and allowed for more 'breathablity' in the tropical environments. In this temperate location, the cool air was able to flow in through the slits of her top and her bottom; the tight straps of the black and red bikini visibly indenting her skin could be seen from these openings, and made up part of her uniform. Red, partially armoured fingerless gloves were pressed against one another; between her well manicured hands was a bill sized sheet of paper with kanji written in thick black ink.
She had her eyes closed as she chanted softly in this prayer position, her lips glossy and lush, and her eyelashes were long and beautiful. She continued the chant, and the paper began to emanate a faint almost pale blue glow. It was then her eyelids lifted, revealing two large orbs of garnet that gleamed in this brilliant golden light. Her visage changed from neutral plainness to a fiery and passionate smirk.

Her bare toes clothed behind her toeless-heeless socks clenched down into the straw of her sandals as she sweeps out with her left legs, dragging her left toes into the dirt and grass and positioning herself into a defensive stance. Breaking the prayer stance, she swings out her hand which held the flimsy Sutra paper talisman; which then became as stiff as steel as it was thrown from her hands into the field before her.
The field of flowers then were beset with flames of imposing demonic blue colour, fierce and intense, though only with demonic energy. The flowers themselves were not effected by these flames, nor did the flames spread like regular fire. The Priestess's red orbs were trained upon the flames, her eyelids narrowing, then her head bowed.

"Watashi wa anata no sonzai o kanchi1," she spoke evenly, before bearing her teeth as if to growl: "..reveal yourself, vile demon!" she exclaimed her hand upon the grip of her Butterfly Blade, hunkering forwards.  

Almost at once, Hi no Tama raised from the fields, rising then circling around the woman before the balls of flame sank into the earth again. What came up from the field of flowers was a dark shape, a pillar of darkness that suddenly lashed out at her. The Priestess unsheaths her blade and swings it towards the darkness, parrying the claws of the beast whom could have otherwise taken off her head.

The force of the creature's strength causes her feet to slide across the forest floor, wet foliage rushes past her feet as well as dirt and twigs and rocks. Though she is dragged back, her stance is still firm, and the gleaming silver steel blade protects her lovely face from being separated from her neck. When she finally stops sliding back, she swings out her blade, dispersing the dark flames that were overwhelming her blade.

Before her stood a large tiger, at least three times the size of a regular one; with silver and black stripped fur. It had two fangs similar to that of a sabre tooth, and the jaws could easily tear an average human in half. She raised an eyebrow. "So," came her calm but somewhat condescending tone. "You're the one who's been preying on those walking the main roads through here." she continues; the creature snarling and widening it's maw, easily able to devour her if it so wished. However, she wasn't going to give it that chance. "Time for you to atone," she lunges towards the beast, readying her blade. "...and pay with your life!" she exclaimed, letting out a long war cry as she lunges forward, as the Demon Tiger charges. She swung the blade down at it's face and leapt up as she then vaults up and rolls over the large creatures back, spinning and taking a slice into it's rear thigh and calves.

The Beast let out a garbled roar of pain mixed with rage, before turning with a snarl. The Priestess smiled, and readied her blade again, ready to anticipate the creature's moves. The creature lets out powerful roar, leaping up into the thicket of branches above, it's body becoming invisible and like smoke as it climbs. The Priestess clicks her lips with a frown. "Damn!" She exclaims, reaching back into her leather sack that she had around her waist at present, grabbing at the machine within, wrapping her fingers around the delicate device. She would have to time this just right, or she might give the creature a means to kill her. She takes the blade in her hands and stabs it into the earth, she needed both hands for this to work properly. The air became tense, but she tried not to over tense her muscles. She would need to be as agile as possible with this next move.

She let out soft, slow breaths. It became so quiet she could feel the thrumming of her beating heart as it dropped to only a few beats...

Buh-bump...buh-bump...buuuh-bump...

A snap of the branch from behind her, she quickly spins on her heels, leaping back as she yanks the Heretic Bow from the bag. The unique pneumatic bow quickly unfolds and extends, pistons along the length of the limbs release gas within the cylinders as the bow's string begins to pull back for her. Using her 'quick draw' technique, the bow automatically is set to double her output, and with her free hand she grabs hold of the harpoon like spear of an arrow's fletchings yanking back the string further, and creating the necessary tension to double the output of her harpoon. The front of the harpoon's blade had a few Sutra's rolled around it, and the invisible Demon Tiger became visible as she pointed the weapon at it. It's large, gaping maw was bellowing out at her, aiming to likely bite off and swallow her head like some of it's previous victims. She lowered her eyelids, and a small grin appeared as she lets go and pulls a switch. Sha-twink!

The large projectile ejects from the bow, soaring through the creature's mouth within seconds, and then quickly through and out the back of it's neck before it continued it's high velocity path into the deep of the forest behind it. The Demon Tiger let out a roar of garbled pain. She felt a jolt of pain run through her thumb as her feet dig into the grass and dirt beneath her. She ignores the pain however, ducking over her right knee as the beast tumbled over her. It hit the ground hard, kicking up plants and dirt, rolling and tumbling over itself as it made whining grumbling noises.

The Island Priestess turned around, noting the quick recovery of the monstrosity. It quickly scrambled back onto all four paws; each paw was as big or just slightly bigger than her head. The creature turned, bearing its massive jaws, it's eyes red and burning with rage mixed with pain. It started to charge towards her again, and with murderous intent. The Priestess got into a sprinting stance rolling as the beast got within pouncing range. When it did leap, the creature readied it's maw, to pounce onto this woman whom harmed it.

The Priestess rolled forward, reaching out and grabbed hold of the Butterfly Blade, and lunged out, swinging the blade with a loud war cry. SHINK

The demon's head rolled and it's body slumped against the ground. The Priestess let out a sigh, swinging her blade. She looked down at the creature which now lay dead. She shook her head and sighed again. "Ow!" she winced, bringing her thumb to her mouth, then looked at it. It had gotten dislocated by the snaping cord of her bow. She slips the bow around her shoulder and stabs the blade into the earth again before taking firm hold of her dislocated thumb and painfully snapped it back into place. "NNNNG! bastard." she whispered under her breath, sheathing her blade. She waved her hand and shook it. "You gotta be more careful next time Chie." she says to herself sighing once more. "Lets get this over with." She grabbed 1 of the 100 Magatama beads from the braided rope and dipped it into the demon's bubbling blue blood. "This makes the first of many, 99 left to go.." she finished. The demon's demonic energy was suddenly drained from the creature's body and was absorbed into the single tadpole shaped bead. She looks at it semi-irritatedly. "Too bad all 100 don't absorb the energy. This would make things so much easier." she pouts, slipping the beads back in the bag.

The Priestess Chie looked at the demon once more and faintly smiled. "At least this thing won't kill any more innocent people."

She looks over to the forest where her arrow had flew into. "Huh... perhaps that was too much power." she says, grabbing the blade before heading into the woods to look for her lost arrow.


1. I sense your presence
avatar
Chie Arakawa
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2015-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:34 am

From the Forerunner's Glen

Elric managed to chase after the peeved Mai Natsume, who had stammered off into the woodland blindly. "Hey, I'm sorry! Seriously..." he says gently placing his hand upon her shoulder. She didn't look at him, and he wasn't going to force her to either. He frowned. "Look, I know, it was a bad call on my part. I don't know why I wanted to fabricate the bit about turning to a tree if poisoned by the Wood Lim, it was funny at the time but...not." he paused, sighing. "Look, my bad joke aside we have to be extra careful in these woods. I... lost the vision in my right eye here, and got scarred up pretty bad as a teen." he says softly, gently sliding his hand down her right shoulder to her arm, his fingertips against the back of her forearm. "The Amaine is a tough stretch, similar to Minktail, but almost twice as vicious," he says the light in the sky shining through the tree tops producing a green filtered rays to cast down upon them in the shade. "We're a team. I need you to be in tip top shape in order for us to function. I trust you with my life as well, Mai." he says truthfully. "If something happens to me, I expect that you've got my back." He raises his right hand, giving her a thumbs up with a slight smile, holding it till she either turned his way or walked away.
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:16 am

The NERVE, the very fucking CHEEK of it! That was not cool at all man! NOT COOL! She thought lividly, stomping through the woodland at a quicker pace than he.

Elric Cinderwood wrote:
Elric managed to chase after the peeved Mai Natsume, who had stammered off into the woodland blindly. "Hey, I'm sorry! Seriously..." he says gently placing his hand upon her shoulder. She didn't look at him, and he wasn't going to force her to either. He frowned.

She kept her pace as he followed after her. She wouldn't speak to him as he plead forgiveness, and wouldn't acknowledge him with her voice as she silently pedaled through the misty forest. She paused when he grabbed her shoulder, and turned her head away from him with a "Hmp." She stood there, fuming as he explained his reasons.

Elric Cinderwood wrote:
"Look, I know, it was a bad call on my part. I don't know why I wanted to fabricate the bit about turning to a tree if poisoned by the Wood Lim, it was funny at the time but...not." he paused, sighing. "Look, my bad joke aside we have to be extra careful in these woods. I... lost the vision in my right eye here, and got scarred up pretty bad as a teen." he says softly, gently sliding his hand down her right shoulder to her arm, his fingertips against the back of her forearm. "The Amaine is a tough stretch, similar to Minktail, but almost twice as vicious," he says the light in the sky shining through the tree tops producing a green filtered rays to cast down upon them in the shade.

She slowly began to ease up, feeling her expression softening as he spoke, and flustered as his fingertips dipped down the back of her arm. Jokes aside, if this is where Elric lost his eye this place must have had a rather... painful impact on his memory.

Elric Cinderwood wrote:"We're a team. I need you to be in tip top shape in order for us to function. I trust you with my life as well, Mai." he says truthfully. "If something happens to me, I expect that you've got my back." He raises his right hand, giving her a thumbs up with a slight smile, holding it till she either turned his way or walked away.

Her jaw dropped slightly and she closed her eyes and cringed slightly before she slowly turned to face him, looking almost apologetic as he did. She noted his thumbs up display, and realized how bad it looked from him, compared to her own. She closed her eyes, smiling as she shook her head side to side. She reopened her eyes and could help but giggle. "...well," she started, reaching up as she blushed, parting back some of her blue hair behind her right ear. "In...hindsight, it was kinda funny. Hehheh..." she chuckled, looking down with a goofy smile, before looking back up at him. She then threw out her left arm, and made his thumbs up pose less lonely by adding her own. "I've always got your back, Sabby." She winked, still flustered and smiling that goofy grin:


avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 am

Mai Natsume wrote:
Her jaw dropped slightly and she closed her eyes and cringed slightly before she slowly turned to face him, looking almost apologetic as he did. She noted his thumbs up display, and realized how bad it looked from him, compared to her own. She closed her eyes, smiling as she shook her head side to side. She reopened her eyes and could help but giggle. "...well," she started, reaching up as she blushed, parting back some of her blue hair behind her right ear. "In...hindsight, it was kinda funny. Hehheh..." she chuckled, looking down with a goofy smile, before looking back up at him. She then threw out her left arm, and made his thumbs up pose less lonely by adding her own. "I've always got your back, Sabby." She winked, still flustered and smiling that goofy grin:



He smiled. "Not my finest moment, admittedly. Heh, I'm glad to hear that, partner." He said, bumping his fist against hers. "How about we stop by that spot I mentioned. That way if we do get bit in the future, neither of us won't become scaly trees." He says with a smirk, again referring to the trees. "Its a hidden grove, filled with a peculiar herb called a Zawilik Flower. It's got curative properties which acts as both an antivenom and a potent neutralization agent when it comes to most poisons. Unless the pharmaceutical companies located the grove first, there should be some we can take for the road." he says before waving his hand. "This way."
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:13 am

She rolled her eyes, and walked up beside him, mock punching his chin as in reference to her anger from earlier, smiling as she ventured with him. "Zawilik Flowers huh? I've heard of them. Rarer to find in other forests around the world." she says before raising a brow. "I can't help but ask... what happens when you do get bit by a Wood Lim? For real."
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:21 am

Mai Natsume wrote:She rolled her eyes, and walked up beside him, mock punching his chin as in reference to her anger from earlier, smiling as she ventured with him. "Zawilik Flowers huh? I've heard of them. Rarer to find in other forests around the world." she says before raising a brow. "I can't help but ask... what happens when you do get bit by a Wood Lim? For real."

He winced, despite the mocking punch, the area of his chin was still rather sensitive. "Ow-ow, its...still a bit tender there. Damn, I'm glad we never were on opposite sides. You don't pull your punches, Mai." he says rubbing his chin. "Yeah, the herb is highly valued so its usually uprooted when found. They haven't really perfected the conditions for home growing it yet, those pharmaceutical companies. Either that, or they're just getting rid of the competition, making a monopoly for the trade." he says before pausing in his tracks. He turns to her, raising a brow himself. "You sure you want to know? I've seen what happened when I told you BS. The truth is far bleaker than becoming a tree."
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Elric Cinderwood wrote:
He winced, despite the mocking punch, the area of his chin was still rather sensitive. "Ow-ow, its...still a bit tender there. Damn, I'm glad we never were on opposite sides. You don't pull your punches, Mai." he says rubbing his chin. "Yeah, the herb is highly valued so its usually uprooted when found. They haven't really perfected the conditions for home growing it yet, those pharmaceutical companies. Either that, or they're just getting rid of the competition, making a monopoly for the trade." he says before pausing in his tracks. He turns to her, raising a brow himself. "You sure you want to know? I've seen what happened when I told you BS. The truth is far bleaker than becoming a tree."

She cringed, feeling a tiny smidgen of guilt for having hit him so hard. "Tssss...Yeah... you probably shouldn't have lied." She says with a slight smirk. "I don't like being fooled, so let that be a reminder, mmmmkay?" she states, before pausing with him. "Yeah, I wanna know. I mean, for an icky little thing I can't help but be fascinated by what it can do. I mean... Wood Lims are... that dangerous? Yet here you risk getting bit taking it off me. I'm debating if I should reward ya for peeling it off." she says with a wink, leaning forward slightly. "Plus, it helps to know the symptoms in full." she added at last.


Last edited by Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Mai Natsume wrote:
Elric Cinderwood wrote:
He winced, despite the mocking punch, the area of his chin was still rather sensitive. "Ow-ow, its...still a bit tender there. Damn, I'm glad we never were on opposite sides. You don't pull your punches, Mai." he says rubbing his chin. "Yeah, the herb is highly valued so its usually uprooted when found. They haven't really perfected the conditions for home growing it yet, those pharmaceutical companies. Either that, or they're just getting rid of the competition, making a monopoly for the trade." he says before pausing in his tracks. He turns to her, raising a brow himself. "You sure you want to know? I've seen what happened when I told you BS. The truth is far bleaker than becoming a tree."

She cringed, feeling a tiny smidgen of guilt for having hit him so hard. "Tssss...Yeah... you probably shouldn't have lied." She says with a slight smirk. "I don't like being fooled, so let that be a reminder, mmmmkay?" she states, before pausing with him. "Yeah, I wanna know. I mean, for an icky little thing I can't help but be fascinated by what it can do. I mean... Wood Lims are... that dangerous? Yet here you risk getting bit taking it off me. I'm debating if I should reward ya for peeling it off." she says with a wink, leaning forward slightly. "Plus, it helps to know the symptoms in full." she added at last.

His eye became narrow, lidded as he looked at her with an expression of suspicion. "You're just going to hit me again." he says closing his eye and sighing. "Yes, they are..." he says, slightly exhausted, opening his eye again to look at his partner. "Wood Lims have a potent venom that is similar to a poison. You get feverish, then the shakes. You begin to dehydrate, unable to keep anything in your stomach down. Within a few minutes, you'll end up vomiting. It's so potent, even stronger demons can get effected by the venom, however... there is only a handful of lethal cases that I am aware of. It is just very unpleasant to experience, and if you keep yourself hydrated it'll keep your food down, and your energy up." he says with another sigh. "It's such a small thing, creatures are just not used to being exposed to them. Most of the time... they're harmless." He says, running a hand through his hair. "However... they'll be dangerous to us since we'll be heading deeper into the brush. If we get bit, and begin to suffer, we could get lost and into more trouble, and after being lost we'd either die of exposure, or the environment. These woods are home to quite the twisted species of fauna, similar how Minktail's flora had evolved." he explains. "There are Werebeasts, trolls, goblins, Lamia... there is even a carnivorous tribe of pixies somewhere out here. Still, I think the worst of the lot are Keropin and..." he pauses, thinking of his prior experience in these woods, and of the young 15 year old he was twelve years ago; running for his life from that hungry predator...

He paled, closing his eye. "...so many other creatures. These woods are not to be trifled with." he turned towards one of the pathways, opening his eye again to the tell tale marks. "The flowers are this way." he says as he began to lead her further in.


Last edited by Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Elric Cinderwood wrote:

His eye became narrow, lidded as he looked at her with an expression of suspicion. "You're just going to hit me again." he says closing his eye and sighing. "Yes, they are..." he says, slightly exhausted, opening his eye again to look at his partner. "Wood Lims have a potent venom that is similar to a poison. You get feverish, then the shakes. You begin to dehydrate, unable to keep anything in your stomach down. Within a few minutes, you'll end up vomiting. It's so potent, even stronger demons can get effected by the venom, however... there is only a handful of lethal cases that I am aware of. It is just very unpleasant to experience, and if you keep yourself hydrated it'll keep your food down, and your energy up." he says with another sigh. "It's such a small thing, creatures are just not used to being exposed to them. Most of the time... they're harmless." He says, running a hand through his hair. "However... they'll be dangerous to us since we'll be heading deeper into the brush. If we get bit, and begin to suffer, we could get lost and into more trouble, and after being lost we'd either die of exposure, or the environment. These woods are home to quite the twisted species of fauna, similar how Minktail's flora had evolved." he explains. "There are Werebeasts, trolls, goblins, Lamia... there is even a carnivorous tribe of pixies somewhere out here. Still, I think the worst of the lot are Keropin and..." he pauses, thinking of his prior experience in these woods, and of the young 15 year old he was running for his life from that hungry predator...

He paled, closing his eye. "...so many other creatures. These woods are not to be trifled with." he turned towards one of the pathways, opening his eye again to the tell tale marks. "The flowers are this way." he says as he began to lead her further in.

She highlighted and committed the key facts to memory as he explained the physiology of Wood Lim venom. It seemed rather trifle at first, but as he later explained it made sense that they shouldn't let themselves get exposed to something debilitating in the long run at the start of their long trek into the woodland. Mai was both weary and fascinated by the fauna he described, for she's always had a fascination and appreciation for the mysterious and mystical creatures of Galiavan. Her side venture in exorcism up at Ithteca, well east of their location, preached mostly of their destruction, but Mai was different than that, and...didn't exactly follow all the rules of the scripture they were pushing on the students.

Honestly though, she could sense something bubbling up he didn't want to tread so she didn't answer him vocally and instead followed after him in relative silence, humming to herself as she did. There's no reason to pry, and bring out the bad memories again. she thought to herself.
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Mai Natsume wrote:
Elric Cinderwood wrote:

His eye became narrow, lidded as he looked at her with an expression of suspicion. "You're just going to hit me again." he says closing his eye and sighing. "Yes, they are..." he says, slightly exhausted, opening his eye again to look at his partner. "Wood Lims have a potent venom that is similar to a poison. You get feverish, then the shakes. You begin to dehydrate, unable to keep anything in your stomach down. Within a few minutes, you'll end up vomiting. It's so potent, even stronger demons can get effected by the venom, however... there is only a handful of lethal cases that I am aware of. It is just very unpleasant to experience, and if you keep yourself hydrated it'll keep your food down, and your energy up." he says with another sigh. "It's such a small thing, creatures are just not used to being exposed to them. Most of the time... they're harmless." He says, running a hand through his hair. "However... they'll be dangerous to us since we'll be heading deeper into the brush. If we get bit, and begin to suffer, we could get lost and into more trouble, and after being lost we'd either die of exposure, or the environment. These woods are home to quite the twisted species of fauna, similar how Minktail's flora had evolved." he explains. "There are Werebeasts, trolls, goblins, Lamia... there is even a carnivorous tribe of pixies somewhere out here. Still, I think the worst of the lot are Keropin and..." he pauses, thinking of his prior experience in these woods, and of the young 15 year old he was running for his life from that hungry predator...

He paled, closing his eye. "...so many other creatures. These woods are not to be trifled with." he turned towards one of the pathways, opening his eye again to the tell tale marks. "The flowers are this way." he says as he began to lead her further in.

She highlighted and committed the key facts to memory as he explained the physiology of Wood Lim venom. It seemed rather trifle at first, but as he later explained it made sense that they shouldn't let themselves get exposed to something debilitating in the long run at the start of their long trek into the woodland. Mai was both weary and fascinated by the fauna he described, for she's always had a fascination and appreciation for the mysterious and mystical creatures of Galiavan. Her side venture in exorcism up at Ithteca, well east of their location, preached mostly of their destruction, but Mai was different than that, and...didn't exactly follow all the rules of the scripture they were pushing on the students.

Honestly though, she could sense something bubbling up he didn't want to tread so she didn't answer him vocally and instead followed after him in relative silence, humming to herself as she did. There's no reason to pry, and bring out the bad memories again. she thought to herself.

Elric lead Mai through a winding path, before he saw it. He turns to her, smiling a little. "Well, looks like we're in luck." He takes his left arm, and pulled back the brush, "After you milady." He teased, but also his action in pulling back the pine needled branches a view of the clearing. Flowers spread across the forest floor with unique shape and white petals.



"They're a unique breed. My people told me much about them when I was a lad." he says, mocking a flourished bow. "Ripe for the picking, be careful not to trample them as you enter." he says in a butler like manner, smirking.
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Mai couldn't help but be rather in awe of the hidden grove. It was close to the entrance of the woodland, yet it felt like they had hiked further in. "Wow! Its beautiful!" she exclaimed, flustered a little. She turned to him with a raised brow and smiled. "See, this is how you impress someone Sabby." she says, punching his shoulder lightly as she enters the grove further. She was careful not to trample them as she entered, crouching down and lightly inspected a few, bringing one towards her face and sniffed it lightly. "They carry a pleasant aroma as well." She says, smiling.
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 pm

Mai Natsume wrote:Mai couldn't help but be rather in awe of the hidden grove. It was close to the entrance of the woodland, yet it felt like they had hiked further in. "Wow! Its beautiful!" she exclaimed, flustered a little. She turned to him with a raised brow and smiled. "See, this is how you impress someone Sabby." she says, punching his shoulder lightly as she enters the grove further. She was careful not to trample them as she entered, crouching down and lightly inspected a few, bringing one towards her face and sniffed it lightly. "They carry a pleasant aroma as well." She says, smiling.

He smiled back, and as he watched her enter couldn't help but feel cordial. He approached one of the flowers, and plucked it from it's stem before kneeling beside Mai, reaching out and slipping the flower behind her right ear. "Heh, you know. You look kinda cute like that." he says, in a teasing manner, but he realized he meant it. At her side, looking at her with the flower in her hair like an accessory, in a field of flowers hidden and untouched in the forest which had plagued his nightmares ever since he left Gailden. He never realized this place of despair could have a peaceful side. He closed his eye and chuckled. "Heh, couldn't help myself." he says standing up, blushing lightly as he began to look around for other flowers suitable for the taking, planning on taking only a handful.
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Elric Cinderwood wrote:

He smiled back, and as he watched her enter couldn't help but feel cordial. He approached one of the flowers, and plucked it from it's stem before kneeling beside Mai, reaching out and slipping the flower behind her right ear. "Heh, you know. You look kinda cute like that." he says, in a teasing manner, but he realized he meant it.

She froze there, wide eyed as she felt the stem of the flower slide behind her right ear, slightly entangled in her blue hair. She blushed as he spoke, complimenting her; feeling her heart going pitter-patter again, like she had before. However she didn't embarrass herself on trying to act on it this time as he picked himself up and began looking for other flowers. She sat down, leaning back as she rested her left hand on her shoulder:



"You know, you're kinda romantic sometimes. Perhaps I should pose as your girlfriend in front of your parents, Elric." she says, blushing with a smile, giggling girlishly as she reached up and admired the gift which was tucked behind her ear.
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:50 pm

Mai Natsume wrote:She sat down, leaning back as she rested her left hand on her shoulder:



"You know, you're kinda romantic sometimes. Perhaps I should pose as your girlfriend in front of your parents, Elric." she says, blushing with a smile, giggling girlishly as she reached up and admired the gift which was tucked behind her ear.

He froze himself, turning to to look at her when she spoke and again was taken aback. Blushing yet, he slightly frowned. I...am definitely not worth that honor, Mai... he thought as he closed his eye, and chuckled. "Heh, its a curse. I blame my upbringing." he says in a passive manner, and tried getting back to work on finding appropriate flowers, and keep his wandering eye away from his lovely, and charming partner...
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Darkstorm Zero on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:03 am

A thick, dense fog slowly roiled into the hidden grove. and the temperature of the forest dropped sharply. So sharply infact that the very plants seemed to recoil. The precious flowers became brittle and grey, before their petals shattered like so much glass.
Heavy footsteps could be heard, along with the rustling of heavy cloth, and the clank of steel, a large shadowed figure could be seen through the mist...



The towering robed and armored form of one of Hell's Dread Wraith stood over the grove, it's chill aura froze the plants and the grass, cracking the soil beneath with terrible force.

"Hmmmmm, Intrudersssss in our territory. I believe thisssss will be the perfect opportunity. Esssspecially for you..." The utter darkness beneath the hood seemed to stare at Elric for a moment.

"Thissssss will be a reunion long remembered." the Wraith spoke again as it stepped aside, back into the mist.

Deeper in the mist, a hunched over form of fur and muscle stared through the fog towards the pair, it's crimson eyes cutting through the murk like a pair of lasers.

"Hrrrrmmmm You're that boy....." came a distorted, demonic, yet somehow familiar feminine voice.

With a growl, the hunched shadow dissapeared as it took off to the side. The pattering of it's hands and feet could be heard as it echoed around the grove.

_________________


You will bow before the throne of Hell, or you will become part of it.
avatar
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Posts : 656
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 37
Location : The Sinful Throne Of Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:19 am

Mai giggled, rolling her large magenta-red eyes, fluffing the flower petals playfully above her ear...when they got suddenly cold. She blinked, feeling a sense of dread all of a sudden... and then felt the petals curling on their own, as if brought on by frost, before falling; shattering upon impact with simple blades of grass...

Her heart, which was so warm, began to sink into her chest...

Darkstorm Zero wrote:A thick, dense fog slowly roiled into the hidden grove. and the temperature of the forest dropped sharply. So sharply infact that the very plants seemed to recoil. The precious flowers became brittle and grey, before their petals shattered like so much glass.
Heavy footsteps could be heard, along with the rustling of heavy cloth, and the clank of steel, a large shadowed figure could be seen through the mist...



The towering robed and armored form of one of Hell's Dread Wraith stood over the grove, it's chill aura froze the plants and the grass, cracking the soil beneath with terrible force.

"Hmmmmm, Intrudersssss in our territory. I believe thisssss will be the perfect opportunity. Esssspecially for you..." The utter darkness beneath the hood seemed to stare at Elric for a moment.

"Thissssss will be a reunion long remembered." the Wraith spoke again as it stepped aside, back into the mist.

Deeper in the mist, a hunched over form of fur and muscle stared through the fog towards the pair, it's crimson eyes cutting through the murk like a pair of lasers.

"Hrrrrmmmm You're that boy....." came a distorted, demonic, yet somehow familiar feminine voice.

With a growl, the hunched shadow dissapeared as it took off to the side. The pattering of it's hands and feet could be heard as it echoed around the grove.

She looked up, seeing the figure for only a few moments before it vanished, and then there was the raspy, feminine tone coming from the fog which now began to permeate the area. She watched, disheartened as many of the flowers like the one Elric had given her began to wilt and shatter, corrupted by the foul miasma that was now flowing into this once sacred grove...

"Elric... what's going on here?" she asked, gently but loud enough for him to hear. She stood up, producing the once hidden, but now fully visible and humongous spear from the bed of flowers:



She then twirled the weapon above her head, and let the polearm rest behind her back:



Despite the prick of sorrow from witnessing the flowers wilt away, she couldn't help but wear a friendly face. She could sense the darkness coming from the creature which skittered around them, cloaked in the veil of the thick miasma; but she personally believed not all things dark in this world are necessarily evil, either. "Hey, that isn't a very nice way to make an entrance! Your friend withered these flowers!" she started, calling out to the animal or creature in the fog. She suddenly remembered Elric, and how he didn't reply. Worried about her partner, she turned her head to him, glancing back from her shoulder.

"Elric, you still there?" She asked, worried.
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:47 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:A thick, dense fog slowly roiled into the hidden grove. and the temperature of the forest dropped sharply. So sharply infact that the very plants seemed to recoil. The precious flowers became brittle and grey, before their petals shattered like so much glass.
Heavy footsteps could be heard, along with the rustling of heavy cloth, and the clank of steel, a large shadowed figure could be seen through the mist...



The towering robed and armored form of one of Hell's Dread Wraith stood over the grove, it's chill aura froze the plants and the grass, cracking the soil beneath with terrible force.

"Hmmmmm, Intrudersssss in our territory. I believe thisssss will be the perfect opportunity. Esssspecially for you..." The utter darkness beneath the hood seemed to stare at Elric for a moment.

"Thissssss will be a reunion long remembered." the Wraith spoke again as it stepped aside, back into the mist.

Elric felt a chill run up his spine, his hands going to his back where he unsheathed both his Scardian and Lamian Scimitar like blades, while the long sword clapped against his right thigh. He turned with the blades at the ready as the cloaked figured appeared before him. He had no idea who this guy was, but his familiarity of his approach was unsettling, especially as he seemed to look at him from behind a veil of shadow.

"What? Wait, who the hell are you?!" He called out, but he vanished into the mist.
Mai Natsume wrote:

She looked up, seeing the figure for only a few moments before it vanished, and then there was the raspy, feminine tone coming from the fog which now began to permeate the area. She watched, disheartened as many of the flowers like the one Elric had given her began to wilt and shatter, corrupted by the foul miasma that was now flowing into this once sacred grove...

"Elric... what's going on here?"

Elric didn't immediately answer her, as he was trying to put those puzzle pieces together as well. He was running through his head a list of various enemies he's made, but couldn't think of anyone as unique as this hooded figure. He was running it through his mind again when he....heard her.

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Deeper in the mist, a hunched over form of fur and muscle stared through the fog towards the pair, it's crimson eyes cutting through the murk like a pair of lasers.

"Hrrrrmmmm You're that boy....." came a distorted, demonic, yet somehow familiar feminine voice.

With a growl, the hunched shadow dissapeared as it took off to the side. The pattering of it's hands and feet could be heard as it echoed around the grove.

Ba-dump...Ba-dump...

Elric made a barely audible gasp, his voice hardly above a whisper as he felt the world encroach upon him like a fish-eye lens. His heart beat pounding in his ears, the worlds audio falling away with exception of the hissing, heavy panting of that beast... his minds eye imagining her, crawling low on all fours in the bushes around them, her eyes piercingly focused on him, saliva dripping off her tongue as it rolled down her chin, her breath becoming like fog as she breathed, smiling sadistically as she chuckled in a low, erotic tone.

Mai Natsume wrote:
Despite the prick of sorrow from witnessing the flowers wilt away, she couldn't help but wear a friendly face. She could sense the darkness coming from the creature which skittered around them, cloaked in the veil of the thick miasma; but she personally believed not all things dark in this world are necessarily evil, either. "Hey, that isn't a very nice way to make an entrance! Your friend withered these flowers!" she started, calling out to the animal or creature in the fog. She suddenly remembered Elric, and how he didn't reply. Worried about her partner, she turned her head to him, glancing back from her shoulder.

"Elric, you still there?" She asked, worried.

He did not answer, he could not even hear Mai, nor see her. His face was glazed over by fear, his weapons tightly held at his sides as he remained frozen, petrified in his position. His head was bowed down, looking at the flowers which were wilting beneath him. His single eye was small, like a pin prick as he fell back into his memories... remembering the rain on his flesh as he ran from her in the woods twelve long years ago. Her golden eyes reflecting in the darkness as she cornered him in the dense woodland.

"Lost...little boy? Mmhmmhmm~" she had called out, licking her lips. A wolf-kin, having gone rabid and feral. At one point even, she may have been a good person, but something...malicious turned her into the ravenous beast which had so relentlessly hunted him down. His fifteen year old self panting heavily, already bleeding from multiple lacerations from her now dripping crimson claws.

In the present, Elric was pale, his single, contracted eye wavered as he began to hyperventilate. How...why? Why is she here? It's...been years! How-how can she still be here?! Sho-shouldn't the forest have taken her by this time?! his thoughts, though nonsensical and panicked, echoed in his mind, somewhat rippling the painful memories he tried to repress and forget for good.
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Darkstorm Zero on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:04 am

"Ah, so you do remember me. Delightful. I took your eye, but you took more from me before leaving me here to die, boy." came the voice from the mist with no clear direction as it echoed off the trees.

"But a friend found me... I wandered this forest as a vengeful ghost until only a few weeks ago... Then I was given life anew..." the voice said as a whisper in the ears of both of them.

"Amaine Foresssssst is not as you once knew Elric. In fact, it'ssssss barely what it onccccce wasssss now. Your little Demon Realm enemiesssssss, they have been called home. And home assss it where, hasssss come for them." this time, the voice of the Wraith pierced the veil.

"Yes. Home has come for us, as those of us who disagreed with the Baroness always knew it would."

_________________


You will bow before the throne of Hell, or you will become part of it.
avatar
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Posts : 656
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 37
Location : The Sinful Throne Of Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:03 am

Mai's jaw dropped slightly at the sight of Elric now being the one who was freaking out. "Elric...?" She called out, feeling a knot in her throat as she realized he was either working his way up to it, or was already going catatonic! "Elric!" she cried out, before the taunting voices assaulted them, seemingly from all around, up close and even in their ears!

Darkstorm Zero wrote:"Ah, so you do remember me. Delightful. I took your eye, but you took more from me before leaving me here to die, boy." came the voice from the mist with no clear direction as it echoed off the trees.

"But a friend found me... I wandered this forest as a vengeful ghost until only a few weeks ago... Then I was given life anew..." the voice said as a whisper in the ears of both of them.

"Amaine Foresssssst is not as you once knew Elric. In fact, it'ssssss barely what it onccccce wasssss now. Your little Demon Realm enemiesssssss, they have been called home. And home assss it where, hasssss come for them." this time, the voice of the Wraith pierced the veil.

"Yes. Home has come for us, as those of us who disagreed with the Baroness always knew it would."

She felt a slight tinge of anger, just because of their taunting attitude. Demons, from her knowledge, expressed their emotions on a higher magnitude than humans, so to question their methods at times would get you no where, and in turn make them more angry. "Stop terrorizing him! Is it revenge what you seek? You've been given new life, why don't you move on?" She asked the creature roaming the shadows somewhere out there, gripping her spear tightly. She blinked, still thinking of what the shrouded one said by 'new home' and what that meant. "A new life, and a new home. There is no reason for you to remain here, you are no longer a wandering spirit!" she says before turning to Elric. "Elric..." she whispered, frowning as he still remained still, slowly back walking towards him to attempt and snap him back to reality.
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:16 am

Elric...

He could just barely hear Mai's voice, his vivid memory of the wolf-kin licking his bare chest, laying on top of him, her claw running down his right eye, damaging the retina as he screamed, and she reveled in his agony. "Why, why lady whhhy?!" he screamed, shivering with fear and in the agony of being mauled by this malignant force of nature. His hand had padded the earth as she rode him, grinding him... and then his rage... his sorrow. His anguish lashed out. He slammed the rock against the side of her head, smashing it, smashing it... he stumbled off, running and crying, bloody from his wounds and hers...but he heard her... she was still after him!


He blinked, for a moment was back in the present, he looked up slowly at my, blinking again. His partner in crime before him made him feel slightly better, putting his anxiety at ease. "M-Mai...?" he replies, breathing harshly.
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Darkstorm Zero on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:30 am

Mai Natsume wrote:Mai's jaw dropped slightly at the sight of Elric now being the one who was freaking out. "Elric...?" She called out, feeling a knot in her throat as she realized he was either working his way up to it, or was already going catatonic! "Elric!" she cried out, before the taunting voices assaulted them, seemingly from all around, up close and even in their ears!

She felt a slight tinge of anger, just because of their taunting attitude. Demons, from her knowledge, expressed their emotions on a higher magnitude than humans, so to question their methods at times would get you no where, and in turn make them more angry. "Stop terrorizing him! Is it revenge what you seek? You've been given new life, why don't you move on?" She asked the creature roaming the shadows somewhere out there, gripping her spear tightly. She blinked, still thinking of what the shrouded one said by 'new home' and what that meant. "A new life, and a new home. There is no reason for you to remain here, you are no longer a wandering spirit!" she says before turning to Elric. "Elric..." she whispered, frowning as he still remained still, slowly back walking towards him to attempt and snap him back to reality.  

"You whom have never crosssssssed beyond the gate of death know not the cold pain of purgatory, yet you quesssssstion why vengeanccccccce is sssssssought. Pain, ssssssuffering, and then a sssssslow death in myssssssery. That isssss why vengeancccce musssst be claimed." the voice of the Wraith answered Mai's question. Then she heard a chilling sound indeed. the sound of a long sword being drawn from a sheath. Then a loud thunk into the cracked soil.

Elric Cinderwood wrote:Elric...

He could just barely hear Mai's voice, his vivid memory of the wolf-kin licking his bare chest, laying on top of him, her claw running down his right eye, damaging the retina as he screamed, and she reveled in his agony. "Why, why lady whhhy?!" he screamed, shivering with fear and in the agony of being mauled by this malignant force of nature. His hand had padded the earth as she rode him, grinding him... and then his rage... his sorrow. His anguish lashed out. He slammed the rock against the side of her head, smashing it, smashing it... he stumbled off, running and crying, bloody from his wounds and hers...but he heard her... she was still after him!


He blinked, for a moment was back in the present, he looked up slowly at my, blinking again. His partner in crime before him made him feel slightly better, putting his anxiety at ease. "M-Mai...?" he replies, breathing harshly.

Quickly, the circling shadow passed by the point of sound just heard, and a loud clack could be heard, before it dissapeared again.

Then, when Elric seened to snap out of it and looked at Mai, he could then see the Hellhound, a creature of his most fearsome nightmares, was raising a wicked looking encorcelled blade behind his partners back, ready to slice the woman in two.




_________________


You will bow before the throne of Hell, or you will become part of it.
avatar
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Posts : 656
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 37
Location : The Sinful Throne Of Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:52 am

Listening to the shrouded one's hallowed words left Mai Natsume with a persistent chill which ran down her spine. She began to think there was no choice in this matter, that their dice had been cast. She turned to Elric again when he finally spoke, breathing a soft sigh of relief. "Elric..." She smiled, but then felt a sudden shift in the air, and she slowly turned around to face the creature with blade in hand!





"Huh...?!" she gasped, her eyelids peeling back, her jaw agape, as she turned to face the swinging blade descending upon her!:



In slow motion, Mai swung up with her spear, her speed, would be surprising perhaps to the not-wolf-kin as she brought up her long red shaft, slamming it against the downward swinging blade.



Her face expressing ferocity, she grinds her teeth and takes a powerful step forward, launching the creature back as she swung her polearm out:



"Hrrraaah!" She cried, before hunching into a combat ready pose, her expression now becoming something akin to competitiveness:



"Heh...not bad. I almost didn't hear your approach..." she gulped, gasping, feeling cold, nervous sweat dripping down her curves.
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Elric Cinderwood on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:02 am

Elric's eye widened as he saw the beast come forth! It...was her, but...not. She looked much different, her skin darker, her appearance more feral than mortal now... fire burning from black sclera! "MAI!" He called out, but apparently his concern was not needed, for she blocked and repelled the woman nearly in an instant. He always admired Mai's combat prowess, but... that movement was perhaps the fastest he'd seen her move up close! Gripping his blades, he appeared at her side, his movement rigid yet as he stared at the even more corrupted version of the creature from his nightmares, taking in her dark appearance. "Wh...what are you?" He spoke these words out loud, gulping dryly.
avatar
Elric Cinderwood
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Darkstorm Zero on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 am

The Hellhound didn't answer Eric as her face smirked savagely at Mai. "We know your secrets too... Little boy." taunted the monster, smiling, before leaping backwards back into the mist, a gout of flame escaping her fang filled maw at the pair to keep them off foot.

"Azula's shard... How quaint. After seeing what I've seen, you primals and your War god userpers really are small on the grand scale... And as for mortals.... They don't even know whats coming. But I do now."

_________________


You will bow before the throne of Hell, or you will become part of it.
avatar
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Posts : 656
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 37
Location : The Sinful Throne Of Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Mai Natsume on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Hellhound didn't answer Eric as her face smirked savagely at Mai. "We know your secrets too... Little boy." taunted the monster, smiling, before leaping backwards back into the mist, a gout of flame escaping her fang filled maw at the pair to keep them off foot.

"Azula's shard... How quaint. After seeing what I've seen, you primals and your War god userpers really are small on the grand scale... And as for mortals.... They don't even know whats coming. But I do now."



She froze, her eyes large and her jaw dropped. How...how...did she know?! She stood there, for a moment, dumbfounded as she looks around the misty battlefield. My father... all that planning, yet... this must be some sort of trick, she can't...possibly know... She thought, but she realized the glare was directed at her, and the Azula shard... which was her family's curse, and her greatest secret...
avatar
Mai Natsume
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 43
Join date : 2017-02-19
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hidden Grove of Zawilik Flowers

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum