Village Market Square

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:44 am

Kilwood village was built around it's central marketplace and the small community water well made up it's centrepiece. The well itself is a simple cobblestone well with a rope pulley and several buckets used for businesses and some of the homes cloistered around the square. Most of the foot traffic comes through the market square, and the ground was bare of grasses, the soil was packed in tight by all the trammelling feet. Quite the feat considering the environment surrounding the village was consisting of large trees and thick foliage and underbrush of the forest. nevertheless, all the footpaths eventually wound back to the square, and the main thoroughfare that cut the village in two.

Clustered in and around the square were several stores where street merchants constantly hawked their wares, to the other villagers and travellers. Most stores also had stalls in the square, where if the hawkers could not make a sale immediately, they would direct them back to their shops. Those stall operators who did not have the luxury of a store made do with what they could sell over the market counters.


Berthaire Underburrow's bakery was one such store that had a stall, and the owner and main baker, Berthaire was constantly working on baking and cooking the sweet treats and breads he was known for. One of his shopkeepers always ran the stall, a rotating shift to give them all experience in haggling buying, selling and trading. Today, the assistant storekeeper Sigebert Longbottom was working the stalls. He was wooing passebys into buying their morning loaves of breads and freshly baked treats.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:31 am

Random Mobs wrote:Kilwood village was built around it's central marketplace and the small community water well made up it's centrepiece. The well itself is a simple cobblestone well with a rope pulley and several buckets used for businesses and some of the homes cloistered around the square. Most of the foot traffic comes through the market square, and the ground was bare of grasses, the soil was packed in tight by all the trammelling feet. Quite the feat considering the environment surrounding the village was consisting of large trees and thick foliage and underbrush of the forest. nevertheless, all the footpaths eventually wound back to the square, and the main thoroughfare that cut the village in two.

Clustered in and around the square were several stores where street merchants constantly hawked their wares, to the other villagers and travellers. Most stores also had stalls in the square, where if the hawkers could not make a sale immediately, they would direct them back to their shops. Those stall operators who did not have the luxury of a store made do with what they could sell over the market counters.


Berthaire Underburrow's bakery was one such store that had a stall, and the owner and main baker, Berthaire was constantly working on baking and cooking the sweet treats and breads he was known for. One of his shopkeepers always ran the stall, a rotating shift to give them all experience in haggling buying, selling and trading. Today, the assistant storekeeper Sigebert Longbottom was working the stalls. He was wooing passebys into buying their morning loaves of breads and freshly baked treats.

Nessvyn's boots clicked as she hopped along the path from her home into the central market place, energetically waving to the other villagers as she passed by them. "Morning Ms. Riverthorne!" she exclaimed, turning around after she passed the young teacher on the path, but never changed her own gait and continued to walk the path backwards as she waved with a vibrant smile before turning her body around again and continued walking normally down the path. She waved to Mr. Whitdew, one of the loggers who was currently chopping firewood at the side of his home. He ventured a small wave back as she passed by his fence.

In the market place, Ness followed her nose to the stall, not that she needed her nose to find it. She passed several of the open stalls, one selling furs and hides and willing to trade Gilex for high quality or descent product, and another selling ore collected from the very distant mountains near Cretu. Her long braids trailed behind her as she made her way through the traffic with a beaming grin upon her face. Then, her stomach let out another glorp, arriving before the intended stall. "Hah...finally here!" She exclaimed, eyeing the fresh baked goods set before her on the counters; having to squeeze through a few window shoppers to get to her quarry. She wasn't sure if it was her demonic nature to be a little greedy, but she imagined she could devour all of the sweet rolls on display with little remorse. Her aching belly growling and her large emerald eyes lit up like trees during the White Light Festival.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:38 am

Nessvyn wrote:Nessvyn's boots clicked as she hopped along the path from her home into the central market place, energetically waving to the other villagers as she passed by them. "Morning Ms. Riverthorne!" she exclaimed, turning around after she passed the young teacher on the path, but never changed her own gait and continued to walk the path backwards as she waved with a vibrant smile before turning her body around again and continued walking normally down the path. She waved to Mr. Whitdew, one of the loggers who was currently chopping firewood at the side of his home. He ventured a small wave back as she passed by his fence.

In the market place, Ness followed her nose to the stall, not that she needed her nose to find it. She passed several of the open stalls, one selling furs and hides and willing to trade Gilex for high quality or descent product, and another selling ore collected from the very distant mountains near Cretu. Her long braids trailed behind her as she made her way through the traffic with a beaming grin upon her face. Then, her stomach let out another glorp, arriving before the intended stall. "Hah...finally here!" She exclaimed, eyeing the fresh baked goods set before her on the counters; having to squeeze through a few window shoppers to get to her quarry. She wasn't sure if it was her demonic nature to be a little greedy, but she imagined she could devour all of the sweet rolls on display with little remorse. Her aching belly growling and her large emerald eyes lit up like trees during the White Light Festival.

Sigebert was busy serving another customer, handing the older lady several French loaves and some cinnamon buns. "That'll be 8 Gilex please there Mrs Rosenthorpe." When the woman paid the tendered amount and made her way towards other stalls, Sigbert looked for his next customer, until his eyes drifted down. The bakers man smiled and said "Nessy, how you doin' squirt? What'll you have this morning?"
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:01 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:Nessvyn's boots clicked as she hopped along the path from her home into the central market place, energetically waving to the other villagers as she passed by them. "Morning Ms. Riverthorne!" she exclaimed, turning around after she passed the young teacher on the path, but never changed her own gait and continued to walk the path backwards as she waved with a vibrant smile before turning her body around again and continued walking normally down the path. She waved to Mr. Whitdew, one of the loggers who was currently chopping firewood at the side of his home. He ventured a small wave back as she passed by his fence.

In the market place, Ness followed her nose to the stall, not that she needed her nose to find it. She passed several of the open stalls, one selling furs and hides and willing to trade Gilex for high quality or descent product, and another selling ore collected from the very distant mountains near Cretu. Her long braids trailed behind her as she made her way through the traffic with a beaming grin upon her face. Then, her stomach let out another glorp, arriving before the intended stall. "Hah...finally here!" She exclaimed, eyeing the fresh baked goods set before her on the counters; having to squeeze through a few window shoppers to get to her quarry. She wasn't sure if it was her demonic nature to be a little greedy, but she imagined she could devour all of the sweet rolls on display with little remorse. Her aching belly growling and her large emerald eyes lit up like trees during the White Light Festival.

Sigebert was busy serving another customer, handing the older lady several French loaves and some cinnamon buns. "That'll be 8 Gilex please there Mrs Rosenthorpe." When the woman paid the tendered amount and made her way towards other stalls, Sigbert looked for his next customer, until his eyes drifted down. The bakers man smiled and said "Nessy, how you doin' squirt? What'll you have this morning?"

Ness was wide eyed and cheery up to the point she was called squirt. "Don't call me squirt!" She blurted, her cheerful manner deteriorated instantly. Her large doe like eyes became sharp and lidded, her mouth that was agape in savory awe before the resplendence of baked goods quickly turned into a slight pout, with one fang poking the flesh of her lower lip. Her brows furrowed, and she regrettably looked up at the man with her semi annoyed scowl that was very Impish looking. She folded her arms across her chest and harrumphed with her cheeks slightly flustered. "...Hello Sig. I see Berthold is in the back with Berthaire. Unfortunate, I just finished restoring his grandfather's armor coat. As for what I want...I'd like five Sweet Rolls and a couple Cinnamon Buns, I'm starving!" she exclaims happily, her cheery nature showing signs of a return in her expression.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:09 am

Nessvyn wrote:Ness was wide eyed and cheery up to the point she was called squirt. "Don't call me squirt!" She blurted, her cheerful manner deteriorated instantly. Her large doe like eyes became sharp and lidded, her mouth that was agape in savory awe before the resplendence of baked goods quickly turned into a slight pout, with one fang poking the flesh of her lower lip. Her brows furrowed, and she regrettably looked up at the man with her semi annoyed scowl that was very Impish looking. She folded her arms across her chest and harrumphed with her cheeks slightly flustered. "...Hello Sig. I see Berthold is in the back with Berthaire. Unfortunate, I just finished restoring his grandfather's armor coat. As for what I want...I'd like five Sweet Rolls and a couple Cinnamon Buns, I'm starving!" she exclaims happily, her cheery nature showing signs of a return in her expression.

Sigebert Chuckled slightly at Nessvyn's switch of personalities so quickly. He shook his head, bemused as she relayed that Berthold's Grandfather's coat had been repaired, and she made her order. He began placing her choice of foods into a large brown paper bag and chuckled again "Don't worry Nessy, I don't mean no harm by it." he said of her antics, as he wrapped up the paper bag and placed it on the counter. "That'll be 12 Gilex, Nessy. And I'll let Berthold know you fixed his grandpa's coat, ok?"
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:22 am

Random Mobs wrote:

Sigebert Chuckled slightly at Nessvyn's switch of personalities so quickly. He shook his head, bemused as she relayed that Berthold's Grandfather's coat had been repaired, and she made her order. He began placing her choice of foods into a large brown paper bag and chuckled again "Don't worry Nessy, I don't mean no harm by it." he said of her antics, as he wrapped up the paper bag and placed it on the counter. "That'll be 12 Gilex, Nessy. And I'll let Berthold know you fixed his grandpa's coat, ok?"

"I'm not a kid you know. I'm the same age as your cousin, and I can legally drink, and can do... other adult things!" she says flustered. She had to think about it, but despite being twenty, there wasn't really anything new compared to being a teen. And in this village...there was much less to come by in terms of things one could do. Hoewever all that fell away when he presented the bag of treats. She beamed again, drawing her hand into her satchel and produced the proper coinage, presenting it to him. "Thanks! Tell him I'll drop it off to his fiance's, I have to return her broach too." she says as she chuckled and backed away and waved. "See ya later!"
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 am

Nessvyn wrote:"I'm not a kid you know. I'm the same age as your cousin, and I can legally drink, and can do... other adult things!" she says flustered. She had to think about it, but despite being twenty, there wasn't really anything new compared to being a teen. And in this village...there was much less to come by in terms of things one could do. Hoewever all that fell away when he presented the bag of treats. She beamed again, drawing her hand into her satchel and produced the proper coinage, presenting it to him. "Thanks! Tell him I'll drop it off to his fiance's, I have to return her broach too." she says as she chuckled and backed away and waved. "See ya later!"

"I know your not Nessy, I know. I still remember your last 3 birthday parties. As I'm sure young Uther remembers it too" Sigebert gave Nessvyn a subtle smirk and a wink. "Pretty soon, you may even go adventuring with the men of the Graywatch family eh?"

Sigebert counted out the coins as Nessvyn left his stall. Satisfied, he placed the coins in the till, and waived her off before calling out to more customers.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:18 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:"I'm not a kid you know. I'm the same age as your cousin, and I can legally drink, and can do... other adult things!" she says flustered. She had to think about it, but despite being twenty, there wasn't really anything new compared to being a teen. And in this village...there was much less to come by in terms of things one could do. Hoewever all that fell away when he presented the bag of treats. She beamed again, drawing her hand into her satchel and produced the proper coinage, presenting it to him. "Thanks! Tell him I'll drop it off to his fiance's, I have to return her broach too." she says as she chuckled and backed away and waved. "See ya later!"

"I know your not Nessy, I know. I still remember your last 3 birthday parties. As I'm sure young Uther remembers it too" Sigebert gave Nessvyn a subtle smirk and a wink. "Pretty soon, you may even go adventuring with the men of the Graywatch family eh?"

Sigebert counted out the coins as Nessvyn left his stall. Satisfied, he placed the coins in the till, and waived her off before calling out to more customers.

The half Imp blushed a deep crimson, a mischievous grin upon her face as she waved him off. "For the last time, nothing happened between us you dirty old man!" She exclaimed laughing nervously as she stuck her tongue out. Well, nothing got to happen. Poor Uther passed right out as soon as I took it off... she thought to herself, chuckling before he mentioned the Graywatch family. Her fangy grin became a thin, half smile. "Yeah..." she says back, not entirely with assurance. The Graywatch family were as skilled as the Grayswifts, and had served along side her mother and father during the Beijio Civil War twenty eight years ago. They were also the family that doubted her alignment to this day... Vodveilk Graywatch, the Graywatch patriarch, was the juggernaut of a man who was in favor of killing her when she was found twenty years ago. The man himself had a large family, and personally lost three sons; his eldest in the Beijio Civil War. The other two had died when she was around two; one was a member of DarkSEED and was killed during the internal schism with the Crimson Knight Brigade before the Final Raid, while the other had died in Asrond fighting against Sephiroth and the CKB.

Not saying they were bad people, but the senior Graywatch's didn't really take to her well. Regardless, in a moment after he had spoken about them she was beaming again. "We'll have to see! Perhaps if I slay a dragon they'll let me in for sure this year!" She exclaimed half jokingly, waving erratically before turning tail and headed towards the Smithy. She'd have to pick up and deliver Bertold's armored coat and his fiance, Thea Graywatch's broach. Along the way, she grabbed a Sweet Roll from the bag, absently devouring it as she made her way along.

avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Fiona Hillcloud on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Fiona made her way down a beaten cobblestone path from her cottage and into the village. She batted her eyelashes as some of the villagers glanced her way, waving and smiling softly at those who saw her. The market was filled with the scent of fresh vegetables, meat, and the sweet scents of baking bread. She headed directly to the Bakery Stall, and stood before it, glancing over at Sigbert's back with a warm smile. "Hello Sig. How fares the stall this morning?" she asked, the basket on her right shoulder squished against her right breast.
avatar
Fiona Hillcloud
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-03-21

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 995

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:29 pm

Fiona Hillcloud wrote:Fiona made her way down a beaten cobblestone path from her cottage and into the village. She batted her eyelashes as some of the villagers glanced her way, waving and smiling softly at those who saw her. The market was filled with the scent of fresh vegetables, meat, and the sweet scents of baking bread. She headed directly to the Bakery Stall, and stood before it, glancing over at Sigbert's back with a warm smile. "Hello Sig. How fares the stall this morning?" she asked, the basket on her right shoulder squished against her right breast.

Sigbert smiled and turned to greet Fiona. "Ah, Good morning Fiona! We are doing well this morning so far. How goes it for you?"

He finished wrapping up the previous customer, placed the Gilex into his satchel and turned back to Fiona. "So, what'll you have today Fiona?" Sigbert asked as he rearranged the stall's inventory, replacing what had been bought or moved about in the bustle of the early morning customers.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Fiona Hillcloud on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Random Mobs wrote:
Fiona Hillcloud wrote:Fiona made her way down a beaten cobblestone path from her cottage and into the village. She batted her eyelashes as some of the villagers glanced her way, waving and smiling softly at those who saw her. The market was filled with the scent of fresh vegetables, meat, and the sweet scents of baking bread. She headed directly to the Bakery Stall, and stood before it, glancing over at Sigbert's back with a warm smile. "Hello Sig. How fares the stall this morning?" she asked, the basket on her right shoulder squished against her right breast.

Sigbert smiled and turned to greet Fiona. "Ah, Good morning Fiona! We are doing well this morning so far. How goes it for you?"

He finished wrapping up the previous customer, placed the Gilex into his satchel and turned back to Fiona. "So, what'll you have today Fiona?" Sigbert asked as he rearranged the stall's inventory, replacing what had been bought or moved about in the bustle of the early morning customers.

Fiona closed her eyes and smiled cheerfully. "That is wonderful! I've been working on a new lesson plan for the children this coming school day, we're going over the history of Scardia and of course our patron God Scar'd. Been thinking of a way to make the lesson more enjoyable to learn; you know how children are these days!" she says bringing the back of her left hand against her mouth as she giggled out loud.

After she waited patiently for him to restock the stall, she continued with her conversation when he returned his attention to her. "Oh I would like a few loaves of your freshly baked bread. Anything of notable interest happen today?" she asked.
avatar
Fiona Hillcloud
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-03-21

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 995

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Fiona Hillcloud wrote:Fiona closed her eyes and smiled cheerfully. "That is wonderful! I've been working on a new lesson plan for the children this coming school day, we're going over the history of Scardia and of course our patron God Scar'd. Been thinking of a way to make the lesson more enjoyable to learn; you know how children are these days!" she says bringing the back of her left hand against her mouth as she giggled out loud.

After she waited patiently for him to restock the stall, she continued with her conversation when he returned his attention to her. "Oh I would like a few loaves of your freshly baked bread. Anything of notable interest happen today?" she asked.

Sig smiled. "The children finally getting something to do that is productive and educational has been of great help to the village Fiona. I'm sure the Graywind's appreciate it."

"3 loaves coming right up!" Sig said as he placed 3 fresh loaves of baked bread into a large brown paper bag, and he placed them on the stall counter. "That will be 5 Gil... ex.... please.... By all the War gods....!" Sigberd's breath caught in his throat and his eyes widened as they were drawn to the horizon. In the direction of Gailden, Ithteca to be accurate, Sigbert saw a small, but blinding glow, and the sky around the area darkened compared to the rest of the bright sunny day. The ground trembled slightly, spilling some of the stalls in the markets contents to the ground, and the sound of a far distant explosion could be heard...
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Fiona Hillcloud on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 pm

Random Mobs wrote:
Fiona Hillcloud wrote:Fiona closed her eyes and smiled cheerfully. "That is wonderful! I've been working on a new lesson plan for the children this coming school day, we're going over the history of Scardia and of course our patron God Scar'd. Been thinking of a way to make the lesson more enjoyable to learn; you know how children are these days!" she says bringing the back of her left hand against her mouth as she giggled out loud.

After she waited patiently for him to restock the stall, she continued with her conversation when he returned his attention to her. "Oh I would like a few loaves of your freshly baked bread. Anything of notable interest happen today?" she asked.

Sig smiled. "The children finally getting something to do that is productive and educational has been of great help to the village Fiona. I'm sure the Graywind's appreciate it."

"3 loaves coming right up!" Sig said as he placed 3 fresh loaves of baked bread into a large brown paper bag, and he placed them on the stall counter. "That will be 5 Gil... ex.... please.... By all the War gods....!" Sigberd's breath caught in his throat and his eyes widened as they were drawn to the horizon. In the direction of Gailden, Ithteca to be accurate, Sigbert saw a small, but blinding glow, and the sky around the area darkened compared to the rest of the bright sunny day. The ground trembled slightly, spilling some of the stalls in the markets contents to the ground, and the sound of a far distant explosion could be heard...

"Well, when I was growing up, Grelod was such a nasty hag; she had little promise as a teacher. I'm sure if the children now days had to put up with that old crone, they would have gone insane." she starts, sighing with a little huff. "I'm glad to have received a proper education in Cretu, and returned to give them a better education than what we had!" She chuckled, and continued on to say: "Besides, teaching the children here have been a delight! The Graywind's were very generous to persuade the Graywatch family into restoring Grelod's Schoolhouse into a proper educational facility." She says before noting the bread placed before her. "Ah, all right then...huh?" she says as she held the five platinum coins out, noting the look of shock in his face. She noticed the sunlight was dimming, as if covered by a large cloud and turned to face where Sig had been facing. She gasped, her narrow eyes widening upon the distant bright lights. The small tremors took her by surprise as well, and she had let go of the five platinum coins, letting them scatter with a cling and roll about.
avatar
Fiona Hillcloud
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-03-21

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 995

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Fiona Hillcloud wrote:"Well, when I was growing up, Grelod was such a nasty hag; she had little promise as a teacher. I'm sure if the children now days had to put up with that old crone, they would have gone insane." she starts, sighing with a little huff. "I'm glad to have received a proper education in Cretu, and returned to give them a better education than what we had!" She chuckled, and continued on to say: "Besides, teaching the children here have been a delight! The Graywind's were very generous to persuade the Graywatch family into restoring Grelod's Schoolhouse into a proper educational facility." She says before noting the bread placed before her. "Ah, all right then...huh?" she says as she held the five platinum coins out, noting the look of shock in his face. She noticed the sunlight was dimming, as if covered by a large cloud and turned to face where Sig had been facing. She gasped, her narrow eyes widening upon the distant bright lights. The small tremors took her by surprise as well, and she had let go of the five platinum coins, letting them scatter with a cling and roll about.

Sigbert held onto his stall and held Fiona's shoulder to help her stay upright as the tremors died down and ceased. He saw the far distant stream of energy that looked partly like a meteor, and part like a giant energy weapons discharge streaked off parallel to the horizon, disappearing into the blue of the distant skies. he turned towards the other villagers in the square. "Is everyone alright? Hrolland? Sigrid? You guys ok? Lindel, get word back to the chief. Something happened on Gailden, some sort of explosion we could see from here. Hod, lets gather some boys and clean up this mess... Sorry Fiona... I'll get Berthold to bake you some fresh loaves..." Sigbert said with a sad apologetic smile as he tried to keep everyone organised.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Fiona Hillcloud on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:46 pm

Random Mobs wrote:
Fiona Hillcloud wrote:"Well, when I was growing up, Grelod was such a nasty hag; she had little promise as a teacher. I'm sure if the children now days had to put up with that old crone, they would have gone insane." she starts, sighing with a little huff. "I'm glad to have received a proper education in Cretu, and returned to give them a better education than what we had!" She chuckled, and continued on to say: "Besides, teaching the children here have been a delight! The Graywind's were very generous to persuade the Graywatch family into restoring Grelod's Schoolhouse into a proper educational facility." She says before noting the bread placed before her. "Ah, all right then...huh?" she says as she held the five platinum coins out, noting the look of shock in his face. She noticed the sunlight was dimming, as if covered by a large cloud and turned to face where Sig had been facing. She gasped, her narrow eyes widening upon the distant bright lights. The small tremors took her by surprise as well, and she had let go of the five platinum coins, letting them scatter with a cling and roll about.

Sigbert held onto his stall and held Fiona's shoulder to help her stay upright as the tremors died down and ceased. He saw the far distant stream of energy that looked partly like a meteor, and part like a giant energy weapons discharge streaked off parallel to the horizon, disappearing into the blue of the distant skies. he turned towards the other villagers in the square. "Is everyone alright? Hrolland? Sigrid? You guys ok? Lindel, get word back to the chief. Something happened on Gailden, some sort of explosion we could see from here. Hod, lets gather some boys and clean up this mess... Sorry Fiona... I'll get Berthold to bake you some fresh loaves..." Sigbert said with a sad apologetic smile as he tried to keep everyone organised.


Her face flustered slightly, as Sig caught her shoulder and kept her upright till the tremors passed. "T-thanks." she shakily replied. "What on Galiavan was that?" she listlessly whispered, looking about at the other villagers as Sig barked out a roll call. As soon as he mentioned the Chief, she gulped. "N-no, that's fine. On second thought, I forgot I had to be somewhere, I'll pick them up later!" she says in a nervous fidgeting manner. Jerrod's waiting out in the wood... Gosh, he must have seen this too! I better go and see if he's all right.... she thought, her heart racing as she headed towards the direction of the forest. Even as the sky was clearing up, Fiona was still unsure of Jerrod's well being. Besides, he probably knew more about the situation at hand than she did, being the Chieftain's son...

She crossed the small bridged over the brook and headed into the woods, hoping Jerrod had not been out looking for her, worried.

avatar
Fiona Hillcloud
Private First Class
Private First Class

Posts : 24
Join date : 2016-03-21

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 995

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Fiona Hillcloud wrote:Her face flustered slightly, as Sig caught her shoulder and kept her upright till the tremors passed. "T-thanks." she shakily replied. "What on Galiavan was that?" she listlessly whispered, looking about at the other villagers as Sig barked out a roll call. As soon as he mentioned the Chief, she gulped. "N-no, that's fine. On second thought, I forgot I had to be somewhere, I'll pick them up later!" she says in a nervous fidgeting manner. Jerrod's waiting out in the wood... Gosh, he must have seen this too! I better go and see if he's all right.... she thought, her heart racing as she headed towards the direction of the forest. Even as the sky was clearing up, Fiona was still unsure of Jerrod's well being. Besides, he probably knew more about the situation at hand than she did, being the Chieftain's son...

She crossed the small bridged over the brook and headed into the woods, hoping Jerrod had not been out looking for her, worried.

Sig nodded and started helping with the cleanup. "Get all the visitors to the Dragons Tooth Tavern, and tell them to stay there till we get this mess sorted out..." his voice faded as Fiona disappeared into the foliage of Kilwood Forest beyond.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:50 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Fiona Hillcloud wrote:Her face flustered slightly, as Sig caught her shoulder and kept her upright till the tremors passed. "T-thanks." she shakily replied. "What on Galiavan was that?" she listlessly whispered, looking about at the other villagers as Sig barked out a roll call. As soon as he mentioned the Chief, she gulped. "N-no, that's fine. On second thought, I forgot I had to be somewhere, I'll pick them up later!" she says in a nervous fidgeting manner. Jerrod's waiting out in the wood... Gosh, he must have seen this too! I better go and see if he's all right.... she thought, her heart racing as she headed towards the direction of the forest. Even as the sky was clearing up, Fiona was still unsure of Jerrod's well being. Besides, he probably knew more about the situation at hand than she did, being the Chieftain's son...

She crossed the small bridged over the brook and headed into the woods, hoping Jerrod had not been out looking for her, worried.

Sig nodded and started helping with the cleanup. "Get all the visitors to the Dragons Tooth Tavern, and tell them to stay there till we get this mess sorted out..." his voice faded as Fiona disappeared into the foliage of Kilwood Forest beyond.

As Ness made her way through the village, she ran into Sig. Unsure if he knew or not, she walked up to him with a frown. "Sig, did you hear the news about Jarrod and Fiona?"
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:02 am

Sig was taking a slight breather as he tried to quell the rising panic of the villagers and was taking a drink of water. When he heard Nessvyn's question, he sagged slightly and looked positively distressed.

"Yeah... I heard... The poor kid dragged himself right through the village.... Didn't even seem to see anyone, and he mumbled about all the way about Fiona's fate." Sig said dispondently. He looked up at the sky, and not for the first time that day, wondered to the War gods what was going on. First that strange explosion, and now this?

"What the fuck else could happen today?" he moaned out loud before taking another long swill of water.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:11 am

Random Mobs wrote:Sig was taking a slight breather as he tried to quell the rising panic of the villagers and was taking a drink of water. When he heard Nessvyn's question, he sagged slightly and looked positively distressed.

"Yeah... I heard... The poor kid dragged himself right through the village.... Didn't even seem to see anyone, and he mumbled about all the way about Fiona's fate." Sig said dispondently. He looked up at the sky, and not for the first time that day, wondered to the War gods what was going on. First that strange explosion, and now this?

"What the fuck else could happen today?" he moaned out loud before taking another long swill of water.

Nessvyn shrugged. "I don't know. We better be on our toes in any case. I bet you if Jarrod's injuries hadn't made him faint, he'd go after the beast. Still...those injuries... so much blood. I'm surprised he's still alive. His chest piece had the indentations of large claws... a normal human being shouldn't be able to breath from such injuries..." she added, sighing at the thought. Then there was that butterfly...
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:20 am

Sig nodded. "Hos sword was chipped, his bow was splintered, he had used a few of his specialty arrows, and he had about 30 feet of his grappling line left... he used nearly 200 feet of solid metal line... Whatever he fought, it got the best of him, by a wide margin. That sword is a priceless, yet powerful treasure of our village, to even damage it would have taken something insane, like a missile strike, or a sizable monster with some very powerful grip... Those injuries are consistent with crushing pressure, like some kinda snake constriction, or being gripped in a hand the size of a car." Sig read out his thoughts of Jarrod's condition almost mechanically, clinically, as if to distract him from the greif.

"He should have been dead when those injuries were inflicted Ness... his chest was so badly damaged, I could see broken ribs sticking out, he may not make it to nightfall, even with hospital assistance, or the best medical equipment the ADN could offer...." The words seemed to drain Sig, and he slumped down, almost curling up into a ball. This would break Amelia and Vodvelk's hearts if Jarrod died. And if vod became broken, he couldn't lead the village.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:33 am

Random Mobs wrote:Sig nodded. "Hos sword was chipped, his bow was splintered, he had used a few of his specialty arrows, and he had about 30 feet of his grappling line left... he used nearly 200 feet of solid metal line... Whatever he fought, it got the best of him, by a wide margin. That sword is a priceless, yet powerful treasure of our village, to even damage it would have taken something insane, like a missile strike, or a sizable monster with some very powerful grip... Those injuries are consistent with crushing pressure, like some kinda snake constriction, or being gripped in a hand the size of a car." Sig read out his thoughts of Jarrod's condition almost mechanically, clinically, as if to distract him from the greif.

"He should have been dead when those injuries were inflicted Ness... his chest was so badly damaged, I could see broken ribs sticking out, he may not make it to nightfall, even with hospital assistance, or the best medical equipment the ADN could offer...." The words seemed to drain Sig, and he slumped down, almost curling up into a ball. This would break Amelia and Vodvelk's hearts if Jarrod died. And if vod became broken, he couldn't lead the village.

Ness frowned, yet walked to Sig, and hugged him at this level. Her massive...mounds, squished against his chest. "He'll be fine. I don't know how, but... I feel as though something... something good is going to happen. I think Jarrod has a guardian angel or something. He managed to get this far with those injuries, and he's definitely bull headed enough to make it out of this. He'll be back to add more to his tab at your shop in no time! Just you wait!" she said, her tone changing to a cheery one. "Vod'll accept me as a proper villager too, so you'll better make me a cake to celebrate old man." she giggled, pulling away with a grin.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:59 am

Sig sort of smirked slightly, but was tempered by another grotesque thought. "Lets hope we make it to nightfall ourselves... A beast of that size could just hoover the village up if it wanted. I hope Eldrik has some good anti dragon weapons in that shed of his, we could use some anti aircraft guns... Big ones. Or a War God to descend from their lofty heavens to lend us aid."
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:23 am

Random Mobs wrote:Sig sort of smirked slightly, but was tempered by another grotesque thought. "Lets hope we make it to nightfall ourselves... A beast of that size could just hoover the village up if it wanted. I hope Eldrik has some good anti dragon weapons in that shed of his, we could use some anti aircraft guns... Big ones. Or a War God to descend from their lofty heavens to lend us aid."

"Actually, we could send word to the nearest villages for military aid, or even the King himself in Cretu. Till they arrive, we could hold out, we still have weapons left out from the Sephiroth Wars, no? That was against a War God, a dragon should be no big deal. Even so... didn't Old Man Winters say he was making a shelter? I remember before he died he was going to make one, said it was going to be somewhere outside the village set into a cliff or something. If he actually managed to make it, Gods know he was paranoid enough, we may have a place for women, children and those unable to defend the village to stay till the Scardian Legion arrives." she said, assuredly, despite the fact that it could be a myth. No one really knew if Joaquin Winters actually made a shelter, but when he was alive he was very convincing that he was still working on it.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:37 am

'If the stubborn old man Winters said it, he probably did it. But we'd still need to send out scouts to find it. I don't think Vod and Eldrik would send anyone out there alone... I imagine every journey outside of the village would be 3 person team all armed to the teeth now." Sig stood up and dusted himself down a little.

"Well, if this is an emergency situation, my guess is, we foodhandlers need to start preparing provisions. Can't sit in a shelter with no food or water. I imagine Bartoc is sending SOS signals by now to Cretu, and every other organisation on the planet." Sig then gently rubbed Ness's shoulder slightly as he walked past her to set up his tasks and get ready.
avatar
Random Mobs
Sergeant
Sergeant

Posts : 198
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:45 am

Random Mobs wrote:'If the stubborn old man Winters said it, he probably did it. But we'd still need to send out scouts to find it. I don't think Vod and Eldrik would send anyone out there alone... I imagine every journey outside of the village would be  3 person team all armed to the teeth now." Sig stood up and dusted himself down a little.

"Well, if this is an emergency situation, my guess is, we foodhandlers need to start preparing provisions. Can't sit in a shelter with no food or water. I imagine Bartoc is sending SOS signals by now to Cretu, and every other organisation on the planet." Sig then gently rubbed Ness's shoulder slightly as he walked past her to set up his tasks and get ready.

A thought came to her head. It would be in the villages best interest to find that shelter, and that would be her first task. But she wasn't going to run blindly into the wood to look for it. She'd need to grab provisions from her place just in case. If anything, Old Man Winters had to have made it close by. He was getting on in years, so if he wanted to make the place he'd have built a passage in his old home leading to it, or he'd build it relatively close to the village yet. Still, having rope, and some supplies on hand in case she ran into any snags would be helpful.

With that, she started her way back home.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 69
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Village Market Square

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum