The Black Hammer's Smithy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:48 am

The Smithing shop and workplace of Elrich Doomhammer, nicknamed 'The Black Hammer' not only for his smithing work, but for the massive black steel warhammer he uses as a warrior when trouble confronts Kilwood Village. The place looked like a standard home and storefront much like the next door Graywswift home. The difference was that Doomhammer had his forges, smelters workbenches and other necessities for his work out the back in his very large barn. It is in this place where Elrich worked his craft to perfection. The Doomhammer family consisted of Elrich, his wife, 2 adult sons and 2 younger daughters. His wife and sons were entrusted to run the shop and marketplace stall, while his daughters attended school.  The architecture of the building was very similar to the Grayswift residence in terms of design and construction.

On this fine morning, Elrich was busy hammering away at his next project. Usually most of his time was busy repairing and maintaining the village guardsman's equipment, fixing the blades and equipment of the nearby sawmill, and their lumberjacks axes, or filling out orders for customers. When the requests were simple, he could simply fabricate what he needed on site, but for more complex materials or orders, Elrich needed to send away for parts from Cretu, the capital of Scaadia. He had finished the order for repairs and general maintenance work on a Battle Coat, and a piece of jewellery for Nessvyn last night, and got busy welding and hammering on the next set of guardsman armour sets. The guards tended to get ornery when they didn't have their favourite gauntlet or boot on them...



Last edited by Random Mobs on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:57 am

Random Mobs wrote:The Smithing shop and workplace of Elrich Doomhammer, nicknamed 'The Black Hammer' not only for his smithing work, but for the massive black steel warhammer he uses as a warrior when trouble confronts Kilwood Village. The place looked like a standard home and storefront much like the next door Graywswift home. The difference was that Doomhammer had his forges, smelters workbenches and other necessities for his work out the back in his very large barn. It is in this place where Elrich worked his craft to perfection. The Doomhammer family consisted of Elrich, his wife, 2 adult sons and 2 younger daughters. His wife and sons were entrusted to run the shop and marketplace stall, while his daughters attended school.  The architecture of the building was very similar to the Grayswift residence in terms of design and construction.

On this fine morning, Elrich was busy hammering away at his next project. Usually most of his time was busy repairing and maintaining the village guardsman's equipment, fixing the blades and equipment of the nearby sawmill, and their lumberjacks axes, or filling out orders for customers. When the requests were simple, he could simply fabricate what he needed on site, but for more complex materials or orders, Elrich needed to send away for parts from Cretu, the capital of Scaadia. He had finished the order for repairs and general maintenance work on a Battle Coat, and a piece of jewellery for Nessvyn last night, and got busy welding and hammering on the next set of guardsman armour sets. The guards tended to get ornery when they didn't have their favourite gauntlet or boot on them...

Two sweet rolls later, Nessvyn was bounding up the path towards her home but she then broke away from the path and onto the grass. She had another roll in her mouth when she hopped the low fence in back, and made her way over to Elrich's barn. She stood before the open doorway, a fang partially dug into the portion of roll in her mouth. "Elricf!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled from the confectionery. She enters the barn which carried the scent of charred coals and wood, and the sweat of the Doomhammer's labors. "Elricf?" she called out again, her ears twitching, picking up the heavy metallic strikes against metal. She followed her ears and appeared behind the man hammering away on his newest project. "Vah..thar you var!" She took a moment to engulf the remainder of the roll, chewing its savory sweet taste before gulping loudly, sighing with content. "Hah..." she grinned, perked up. "What are you working on now?" she asked, her mouth free of obstruction, but with a bit of icing caked on her lips. She hopped towards his right side, the bag of sweets still under one arm as she leaned in to observe his craftsmanship.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:09 am

Nessvyn wrote:Two sweet rolls later, Nessvyn was bounding up the path towards her home but she then broke away from the path and onto the grass. She had another roll in her mouth when she hopped the low fence in back, and made her way over to Elrich's barn. She stood before the open doorway, a fang partially dug into the portion of roll in her mouth. "Elricf!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled from the confectionery. She enters the barn which carried the scent of charred coals and wood, and the sweat of the Doomhammer's labors. "Elricf?" she called out again, her ears twitching, picking up the heavy metallic strikes against metal. She followed her ears and appeared behind the man hammering away on his newest project. "Vah..thar you var!" She took a moment to engulf the remainder of the roll, chewing its savory sweet taste before gulping loudly, sighing with content. "Hah..." she grinned, perked up. "What are you working on now?" she asked, her mouth free of obstruction, but with a bit of icing caked on her lips. She hopped towards his right side, the bag of sweets still under one arm as she leaned in to observe his craftsmanship.

The large man was busy hammering into shape the repaired sword of one of the guardsman. The white hot solid steel piece was glowing from the heat, and sparked every time Elrich's malus struck the weapon, melding the shape and filling in the damaged parts with refined molten steel. "Give me juuust *Thwack!* one moment there Nessvyn," said the elder black and grey bearded smith as he continued striking the sword another two more times before he placed the glowing blade into the ice water for cooling. He removed his gloves and goggles before wiping the sweat from his brow with a wash towel, and turned to look at Nessvyn and smiled. "Heh, I see you wasted no time in going for your sweets there Ness. How can this old man help you today?"
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:23 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:Two sweet rolls later, Nessvyn was bounding up the path towards her home but she then broke away from the path and onto the grass. She had another roll in her mouth when she hopped the low fence in back, and made her way over to Elrich's barn. She stood before the open doorway, a fang partially dug into the portion of roll in her mouth. "Elricf!" she exclaimed, her voice muffled from the confectionery. She enters the barn which carried the scent of charred coals and wood, and the sweat of the Doomhammer's labors. "Elricf?" she called out again, her ears twitching, picking up the heavy metallic strikes against metal. She followed her ears and appeared behind the man hammering away on his newest project. "Vah..thar you var!" She took a moment to engulf the remainder of the roll, chewing its savory sweet taste before gulping loudly, sighing with content. "Hah..." she grinned, perked up. "What are you working on now?" she asked, her mouth free of obstruction, but with a bit of icing caked on her lips. She hopped towards his right side, the bag of sweets still under one arm as she leaned in to observe his craftsmanship.

The large man was busy hammering into shape the repaired sword of one of the guardsman. The white hot solid steel piece was glowing from the heat, and sparked every time Elrich's malus struck the weapon, melding the shape and filling in the damaged parts with refined molten steel. "Give me juuust *Thwack!* one moment there Nessvyn," said the elder black and grey bearded smith as he continued striking the sword another two more times before he placed the glowing blade into the ice water for cooling. He removed his gloves and goggles before wiping the sweat from his brow with a wash towel, and turned to look at Nessvyn and smiled. "Heh, I see you wasted no time in going for your sweets there Ness. How can this old man help you today?"

She giggled, her tongue slipping out, removing what was left of the sweet roll on her lips before it withdrew. "I've come to realize one does not simply ignore their stomach; I swear it controls my life." she says with a low chuckle before she cocked an eyebrow. "Not many 'old men' can forge steel like you can Elrich. On that note, I'm here to pick up Bertold and Thea's orders. I figured I'd deliver them before I head out into the woods for some 'practice'." her large green eyes gleaming bright.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:36 am

Nessvyn wrote:She giggled, her tongue slipping out, removing what was left of the sweet roll on her lips before it withdrew. "I've come to realize one does not simply ignore their stomach; I swear it controls my life." she says with a low chuckle before she cocked an eyebrow. "Not many 'old men' can forge steel like you can Elrich. On that note, I'm here to pick up Bertold and Thea's orders. I figured I'd deliver them before I head out into the woods for some 'practice'." her large green eyes gleaming bright.

Elrich laughed loudly at that "All it takes is some experience and motivation." He nodded to Nessvyn's request for the orders. "I was going to have Brell deliver them after the lunchtime rush this afternoon, but if you want to save him the trip, I won't stop you." He hefted two packages, one small, and one large, onto the counter table for Nessvyn.

"it was really just some general maintenance work, not all that much considering the armor hardly ever gets used, and jewelry is really just worn. But I'll be damn if these guards don't just ruin their equipment entirely before coming to see me.. I swear Derrek handed me his sword, and both edges were so blunt and chipped, I'd be surprised if he ever had the thing sharpened or looked at before just now..."

avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:She giggled, her tongue slipping out, removing what was left of the sweet roll on her lips before it withdrew. "I've come to realize one does not simply ignore their stomach; I swear it controls my life." she says with a low chuckle before she cocked an eyebrow. "Not many 'old men' can forge steel like you can Elrich. On that note, I'm here to pick up Bertold and Thea's orders. I figured I'd deliver them before I head out into the woods for some 'practice'." her large green eyes gleaming bright.

Elrich laughed loudly at that "All it takes is some experience and motivation." He nodded to Nessvyn's request for the orders. "I was going to have Brell deliver them after the lunchtime rush this afternoon, but if you want to save him the trip, I won't stop you." He hefted two packages, one small, and one large, onto the counter table for Nessvyn.

"it was really just some general maintenance work, not all that much considering the armor hardly ever gets used, and jewelry is really just worn. But I'll be damned if these guards don't just ruin their equipment entirely before coming to see me.. I swear Derrek handed me his sword, and both edges were so blunt and chipped, I'd be surprised if he ever had the thing sharpened or looked at before just now..."


"I'm motivated to make my work better than yours, but in the meantime that 'legendary' title belongs to you. But just you wait old timer, I'll beat you yet." she says playfully in return. She engulfed a cinnamon bun while the tall, muscular blacksmith prepared the packages and gossiped about Derrek's sword. She shook her head at that, swallowing her second cinnamon bun before adding: "If that's Derrek's sword, I'm surprised he hadn't broken it a couple days ago. The damned fool was too lazy to grab an axe and was trying to chop down that oak behind his house with that sword. He's not a bad one, but honestly I wonder if its safe to give that man anything with a sharpened edge. Thankfully Xaverie came around and put him back in line; that woman can be quite the task master." She says with a chuckle, liking her fingertips before glancing up at her ring blade hanging against the wall. "Speaking of sharpening, mind quickly sharpening the ol' chakram till I get back? Like I said, I'd like to get some practice in. And the shops a little low on hide and leather so I may put a little hunting in, too." she finished, and like magic the contents of her bag of sweets were now residing within her. Ness was content now, full and awake. She was ready for some tough training today.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:33 am

Nessvyn wrote:"I'm motivated to make my work better than yours, but in the meantime that 'legendary' title belongs to you. But just you wait old timer, I'll beat you yet." she says playfully in return. She engulfed a cinnamon bun while the tall, muscular blacksmith prepared the packages and gossiped about Derrek's sword. She shook her head at that, swallowing her second cinnamon bun before adding: "If that's Derrek's sword, I'm surprised he hadn't broken it a couple days ago. The damned fool was too lazy to grab an axe and was trying to chop down that oak behind his house with that sword. He's not a bad one, but honestly I wonder if its safe to give that man anything with a sharpened edge. Thankfully Xaverie came around and put him back in line; that woman can be quite the task master." She says with a chuckle, liking her fingertips before glancing up at her ring blade hanging against the wall. "Speaking of sharpening, mind quickly sharpening the ol' chakram till I get back? Like I said, I'd like to get some practice in. And the shops a little low on hide and leather so I may put a little hunting in, too." she finished, and like magic the contents of her bag of sweets were now residing within her. Ness was content now, full and awake. She was ready for some tough training today.

Elrich chuckled slightly. "At least someone in the village is willing to pick up the hammer after I go." he said. And chuckled again when it came to talking about Xaverie and Derrick. "At the very least, none of those knuckle heads have tried mining with their swords yet. Well except for Xaaro 2 months ago, when he missed his training dummy, and hit the cliff face. Snapped his sword clean in two. Little fella was mortified."

Eldrich nodded at Nessvyn's request, and hefted her ring bladed chakram off the wall and fetched a few rods of solid steel before witting before the grinder. "No worries Ness. I'll have her fine as a razor," he said, before he placed his gloves and goggles back on, and turned on the machine and started his work, filing away the dull edges. Sparks flew down and sprayed everywhere as he repeated and cooled the edges, filling in fresh steel as needed, and honing the edge to a razor sharpness.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:50 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:"I'm motivated to make my work better than yours, but in the meantime that 'legendary' title belongs to you. But just you wait old timer, I'll beat you yet." she says playfully in return. She engulfed a cinnamon bun while the tall, muscular blacksmith prepared the packages and gossiped about Derrek's sword. She shook her head at that, swallowing her second cinnamon bun before adding: "If that's Derrek's sword, I'm surprised he hadn't broken it a couple days ago. The damned fool was too lazy to grab an axe and was trying to chop down that oak behind his house with that sword. He's not a bad one, but honestly I wonder if its safe to give that man anything with a sharpened edge. Thankfully Xaverie came around and put him back in line; that woman can be quite the task master." She says with a chuckle, liking her fingertips before glancing up at her ring blade hanging against the wall. "Speaking of sharpening, mind quickly sharpening the ol' chakram till I get back? Like I said, I'd like to get some practice in. And the shops a little low on hide and leather so I may put a little hunting in, too." she finished, and like magic the contents of her bag of sweets were now residing within her. Ness was content now, full and awake. She was ready for some tough training today.

Elrich chuckled slightly. "At least someone in the village is willing to pick up the hammer after I go." he said. And chuckled again when it came to talking about Xaverie and Derrick. "At the very least, none of those knuckle heads have tried mining with their swords yet. Well except for Xaaro 2 months ago, when he missed his training dummy, and hit the cliff face. Snapped his sword clean in two. Little fella was mortified."

Eldrich nodded at Nessvyn's request, and hefted her ring bladed chakram off the wall and fetched a few rods of solid steel before witting before the grinder. "No worries Ness. I'll have her fine as a razor," he said, before he placed his gloves and goggles back on, and turned on the machine and started his work, filing away the dull edges. Sparks flew down and sprayed everywhere as he repeated and cooled the edges, filling in fresh steel as needed, and honing the edge to a razor sharpness.

"Someone has to. Though what about your sons? Are you not passing your hammer down to them?" she asked as she picked up the packages, and laughed at the mention of Xaaro. "I still wish I was here when that happened! I was in Cretu with Ma. On that, I'm pretty sure Dad and Ma should be returning from their trip. It's been a couple weeks with the house all to myself." she says chuckling. On the topic of him agreeing to sharpen her blade she smiled warmly. "Thanks Elrich, I'll be back shortly to collect her from ya!" she says with a wink, carrying the large package in her small form with ease, with the smaller one slipped into her satchel.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:57 am

"Eh, I would if they showed any interest in it. All the boys want to do is be merchants and soldiers, rather than be smiths. I can't force them to do something they don't really desire to. My daughters may want to take up the trade. Brigette expressed a certain keen interest, and she has a pretty critical eye for it" the old smith said smiling between grinds.

When Nessvyn made her goodbyes, Elrich said, "no worries Ness, Give me about 30 minutes, and it'll be ready!"
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Nessvyn was back at the smithy again, in high spirits with her successful delivery. "Elrich, I'm back!" she exclaimed, walking into the forge area again. She sat upon a stool, crossing her legs. "I don't think I'm going to be part of the Graywatch any time soon." she says with a chuckle before sighing heavily. "How goes the blade?" she asked, smiling again.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:55 pm

Nessvyn wrote:Nessvyn was back at the smithy again, in high spirits with her successful delivery. "Elrich, I'm back!" she exclaimed, walking into the forge area again. She sat upon a stool, crossing her legs. "I don't think I'm going to be part of the Graywatch any time soon." she says with a chuckle before sighing heavily. "How goes the blade?" she asked, smiling again.

Elrich was busy charpening the last edge on the grindstone, adding a touch more steel to complete the sharp edge. "Aaaalmost... aaaand there. perfect." he said as he blew the last of the metal dust from the edge and rubbed over the fine edge with the gloved thumb, testing the edge. With a last piece of polish, he had completed the job.

"Did the old man give you another talking down to? I should give the old battleaxe a stern seeing to, with my hammer!" Elrich said with a boisterous growl to his voice. He knew Nessvyn would be all bubbly and exuberance on the outside, but he also knew, on the inside, the kid was hurting. If not for the Graywind's generosity, Ness would in all probability have gone feral, and relied on her demonic half as a means of survival. And old man Vodvelk, chieftain of the village, hadn't made that any easier. Always blaming Nessvyn for every little woe of the village, using her as a scapegoat to vent his frustrations and sadness for the loss of his sons in the wars wasn't fair on the girl. Elrich didn't even know if Ness knew the real reason Vodvelk was always looking at her with contempt, but the Doomhammer knew that she was a smart girl, and would eventually learn it sooner or later. "Well, you can always go with the Grayswift's and us Ness, we don't judge you for anything but your own deeds" Elrich said with a grin on his greasy black-bearded face.

"Ah, yes, I just finished with your ring blade. Heeere ya go" Elrich placed the comparatively smaller ring blade on the tabletop. "Now be careful, the metals still a little warm..." he warned.

avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:54 pm

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:Nessvyn was back at the smithy again, in high spirits with her successful delivery. "Elrich, I'm back!" she exclaimed, walking into the forge area again. She sat upon a stool, crossing her legs. "I don't think I'm going to be part of the Graywatch any time soon." she says with a chuckle before sighing heavily. "How goes the blade?" she asked, smiling again.

Elrich was busy charpening the last edge on the grindstone, adding a touch more steel to complete the sharp edge. "Aaaalmost... aaaand there. perfect." he said as he blew the last of the metal dust from the edge and rubbed over the fine edge with the gloved thumb, testing the edge. With a last piece of polish, he had completed the job.

"Did the old man give you another talking down to? I should give the old battleaxe a stern seeing to, with my hammer!" Elrich said with a boisterous growl to his voice. He knew Nessvyn would be all bubbly and exuberance on the outside, but he also knew, on the inside, the kid was hurting. If not for the Graywind's generosity, Ness would in all probability have gone feral, and relied on her demonic half as a means of survival. And old man Vodvelk, chieftain of the village, hadn't made that any easier. Always blaming Nessvyn for every little woe of the village, using her as a scapegoat to vent his frustrations and sadness for the loss of his sons in the wars wasn't fair on the girl. Elrich didn't even know if Ness knew the real reason Vodvelk was always looking at her with contempt, but the Doomhammer knew that she was a smart girl, and would eventually learn it sooner or later. "Well, you can always go with the Grayswift's and us Ness, we don't judge you for anything but your own deeds" Elrich said with a grin on his greasy black-bearded face.

"Ah, yes, I just finished with your ring blade. Heeere ya go" Elrich placed the comparatively smaller ring blade on the tabletop. "Now be careful, the metals still a little warm..." he warned.


She grinned. "I'm sure you would Master Doomhammer, but it was okay. He only did his usual: "who gave you permission to walk in my halls", "half-Imp", yada yada. You know him." she says with a humorous tone, leaning back. She looked over at him at the mention of her family and smiled. "Oh, I will always put my family before that of the Graywatch! The Grayswifts will always be the banner I lead under!" she says in a triumphant manner. As he handed the blade over, she removed herself from the stool and walked over to grab it. "Thanks, Elrich. I'll keep that in mind!" she giggles, beaming brightly.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:07 am

Nessvyn wrote:She grinned. "I'm sure you would Master Doomhammer, but it was okay. He only did his usual: "who gave you permission to walk in my halls", "half-Imp", yada yada. You know him." she says with a humorous tone, leaning back. She looked over at him at the mention of her family and smiled. "Oh, I will always put my family before that of the Graywatch! The Grayswifts will always be the banner I lead under!" she says in a triumphant manner. As he handed the blade over, she removed herself from the stool and walked over to grab it. "Thanks, Elrich. I'll keep that in mind!" she giggles, beaming brightly.

Elrich smiled slightly and was about to say something else, when the ground jumped up and trembled beneath their feet. "What on Galivan?!" he said as his tools and work pieces were jostling on their hooks or clattering to the floor. He looked out the shed and could see the sky darkened momentarily, as well as what was going on in the village. "Oh no. Are we under attack?" he said, as he grabbed his large black spiked warhammer and made his way out of his shed towards the front of his home.

"Hod, whats going on?!" Elrich called out to one of the vilagers making his way from the market to the Graywatch residence to make his report on what they had all seen.

"Big explosion, distant but we could see it in the direction of Galivan. Ithteca to be more accurate. But we saw it all the way from here!"

"By Scar'd! An explosion that size would have destroyed half the continent to be seen this far..." Elrich said in disbelief.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:06 am

(ooc: no longer dispirited by stupid photobucket Very Happy)

Nessvyn felt something strange, like if the world was screaming, but only she could hear it. "Do you hear that?" she says, at this whispering sound. Then, they were hit with a quake:

Random Mobs wrote:
Elrich smiled slightly and was about to say something else, when the ground jumped up and trembled beneath their feet. "What on Galivan?!" he said as his tools and work pieces were jostling on their hooks or clattering to the floor. He looked out the shed and could see the sky darkened momentarily, as well as what was going on in the village. "Oh no. Are we under attack?" he said, as he grabbed his large black spiked warhammer and made his way out of his shed towards the front of his home.

"Wh-whoa!" Nessy exclaimed, struggling to keep her balance thanks to her top heavy nature. She regained her balance and looked about. "That felt like an explosion!"

Random Mobs wrote:
"Hod, whats going on?!" Elrich called out to one of the vilagers making his way from the market to the Graywatch residence to make his report on what they had all seen.

"Big explosion, distant but we could see it in the direction of Galivan. Ithteca to be more accurate. But we saw it all the way from here!"

"By Scar'd! An explosion that size would have destroyed half the continent to be seen this far..." Elrich said in disbelief.

"Hm?" She blinked, and followed after Elrich. Outside he was speaking with Hod and she listened to the conversation. "Any idea what the means? Elrich?" she asked.

avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:05 am

Nessvyn wrote:"Hm?" She blinked, and followed after Elrich. Outside he was speaking with Hod and she listened to the conversation. "Any idea what the means? Elrich?" she asked.

Elrich frowned, as he looked at the waning light, the frown became a grimace fairly quickly. "Trouble, Ness... It means big trouble..." he said in a low rumbling growl, before he took off running towards the cheiftains home. This was a real emergency.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:46 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:"Hm?" She blinked, and followed after Elrich. Outside he was speaking with Hod and she listened to the conversation. "Any idea what the means? Elrich?" she asked.

Elrich frowned, as he looked at the waning light, the frown became a grimace fairly quickly. "Trouble, Ness... It means big trouble..." he said in a low rumbling growl, before he took off running towards the cheiftains home. This was a real emergency.

"W-wait for me!" Ness exclaimed, following Elrich closely. The cheery feeling she had all day began to numb. Not to mention... she felt as though something very bad just effected the village. She wasn't sure what it was, but it had nothing to do with the explosion in the sky, at least not directly. She could sometimes sense emotions from people within the village, and almost feel their life force. Did someone slip away? She couldn't tell, but she did feel an increase of anxiety.

Either way, they were headed to the Chieftain's now.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:11 am

Back at the smithy, Nessvyn enters looking for Eld. "Master Doomhammer?" she called out, the place looked seemingly empty. She sighed heavily. "Please tell me you didn't leave already?" she called out again, sounding slightly disheartened. She walked over to the forge, and glance over the forge equipment. It was a workplace she was quite used to, next to her sewing machine and needle and thread. She took a seat, and looked over the materials with a keen eye. She then turned to the set of ancient Scardian Plate mail in the corner of the room, and the tanned hides. She thought of making something for Jarrod, for when he pulled through; but deep down she knew she was only doing this to keep herself busy, and to distract her from the dark thoughts about him, and this village and the dragon.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Edgar Holden on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:43 am

U slightly distant sounding Eldrik sounded from an open trapdoor behind the forge. "Nessvyn!? I'm down here in the Arsenal! Dont worry, I'll be up in a few minutes!" he called out, while the sounds of heavy loading could be heard.
avatar
Edgar Holden
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:U slightly distant sounding Eldrik sounded from an open trapdoor behind the forge. "Nessvyn!? I'm down here in the Arsenal! Dont worry, I'll be up in a few minutes!" he called out, while the sounds of heavy loading could be heard.

She stood up, moving around the forge and glanced down the open shaft which the elder smithy was moving around by the sounds of it, heavy equipment. "'Kay!" She replies back, cupping her hands, before she turned to the walls again. "I'm surprised that this village is still crowding up with travelers Doomhammer, its like they are not aware that a dragon is at large yet!" she exclaimed.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Edgar Holden on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:57 pm

"A lot of them are stuck here out of fear, or orders. Kilwood Village is the only secure zone in over 200 miles inside the forest." Eldrik answered. Ness would hear more heavy machinery lifting cargo before the Master Blacksmith finally said "There we go, finally."

Then, Ness would hear a small engine and wheels move down below, before Eldrik emerged with a stack of crates on an elevated platform, rising out of the ground like an elevator. "Had to get some heavy duty hardware. I don't want nobody leaving the village without a team of 3, and they are to be appropreately armed. No sense sending good kids out to die."

avatar
Edgar Holden
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Edgar Holden on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:39 am

Narumeia wrote:She nodded again. "Yes, a selective team of skills and various jobs can be as effective if not more so than a trained, standardized army." she says before pausing, letting Ed walk ahead of her for a moment or two longer. "It matters not if they think of her as Slave or Friend, the fact is she is under their wing, and not here with me." She frowned, thinking of her past failure to communicate before closing her eyes and shook her head. "I...can't stand it. I will save her, even if it kills me." she says before looking up at Ed. "I'm sorry... I'm not too effective without a weapon however. Let us continue to the Blacksmith, so I can be properly re-equipped."

Edgar lead the way towards the house with the hammer and anvil sign out the front. "'The Black Hammer's Smithy' hm, must be the place." he said casually as he dangled the torn remnants of his chest armor from his left hand.

He turned around to look at Narumeia "I'm not sure if they have anything in Beijionese Steel, but they may...." His voice faded off as he felt another person being drawn into the Hell Demon's little game. This time, he managed to anchor it a little. and he tried to send some help through to the innocent victim.
avatar
Edgar Holden
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Narumeia on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:00 am

Edgar Holden wrote:

Edgar lead the way towards the house with the hammer and anvil sign out the front. "'The Black Hammer's Smithy' hm, must be the place." he said casually as he dangled the torn remnants of his chest armor from his left hand.

He turned around to look at Narumeia "I'm not sure if they have anything in Beijionese Steel, but they may...." His voice faded off as he felt another person being drawn into the Hell Demon's little game. This time, he managed to anchor it a little. and he tried to send some help through to the innocent victim.

She shrugged. "I'll take whatever they have. I'm handy with both Great Swords and Halberds as well." she replied, but then noted a strange look in Ed's face. "Is everything alright Ed?" she asked. He seemed to be... 'elsewhere', looking off into the distance.
avatar
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Edgar Holden on Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:41 am

Ed's face remained unmoving for just a moment, before he blinked, then shook his head in a grimace. "One of the baits. I almost had enough of an anchor to pull her back... but the trapper was too strong at this distance..."

Ed shook his head a little more, then walked through the front gates of the house. "Uhm, Hello?" he asked, not knowing where to go to get service.

EDIT: However, he cut himself off, and his head slowly turned back towards Gailden, eyes wide open. "No..... it's not possible! What in God's name is Catherine doing here?!" Edgar's eyes widened, and pulsed.

"Time..... has been altered.... She has the power of the Blood Orchid.... Something has happened!" Ed whispered to himself, before his hands immediately drifted to Narumeia's shoulders.

"Narumeia, I need you to wait here and hold the fort. I have to go somewhere and it cannot wait. Please...." the larger man pleased, and started removing his torn torso armor.

EDIT 2: Ed reflexively pulled, and the armor came off in his hand, showering broken chainmail among the grass.His head snapped around again. "I'm sorry Narumeia. I will return, I promise." Eith those words, Edgar cast an invisibility charm on the populace of Kilwood, masking him from sight. Then, he launched skyward, and rocketed back towards Gailden.

EDIT 3: about 20 minutes later, Edgar's mental voice reached Narumeia's mind. "Naru, I've returned to the village. I'm in my room, with a guest... She's hurt, and lost."
avatar
Edgar Holden
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 218
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Narumeia on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed's face remained unmoving for just a moment, before he blinked, then shook his head in a grimace. "One of the baits. I almost had enough of an anchor to pull her back... but the trapper was too strong at this distance..."

Ed shook his head a little more, then walked through the front gates of the house. "Uhm, Hello?" he asked, not knowing where to go to get service.

EDIT: However, he cut himself off, and his head slowly turned back towards Gailden, eyes wide open. "No..... it's not possible! What in God's name is Catherine doing here?!" Edgar's eyes widened, and pulsed.

"Time..... has been altered.... She has the power of the Blood Orchid.... Something has happened!" Ed whispered to himself, before his hands immediately drifted to Narumeia's shoulders.

"Narumeia, I need you to wait here and hold the fort. I have to go somewhere and it cannot wait. Please...." the larger man pleased, and started removing his torn torso armor.

EDIT 2: Ed reflexively pulled, and the armor came off in his hand, showering broken chainmail among the grass.His head snapped around again. "I'm sorry Narumeia. I will return, I promise." Eith those words, Edgar cast an invisibility charm on the populace of Kilwood, masking him from sight. Then, he launched skyward, and rocketed back towards Gailden.

EDIT 3: about 20 minutes later, Edgar's mental voice reached Narumeia's mind. "Naru, I've returned to the village. I'm in my room, with a guest... She's hurt, and lost."

Naru had decided to lie low for the time being, hanging about the markets close to the smithy before she received the message from Ed. Unsure what else to do, she decided to leave her broken blade at the smithy, a note promising to return with a full payment+ and signed 'Naru' left behind as the Smithy was busy down below his forge. She was curious about this new one, this guest of Ed's, and wanted to see her herself. She quickly made haste for the Inn, to check up on them both.
avatar
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 128
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Black Hammer's Smithy

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum