Forest Path

Go down

Forest Path Empty Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:25 am

A winding forest path that branches out many ways, some closer to civilization, while others old hunting grounds leading further into the wood.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Narumeia sits to one corner of the prison cart, knees bent, arms folded around them. She was captured by some of the locals nearby who were too frightened of her appearance, and she was in the process of being sent somewhere to be disposed of likely. She had been fairly entertained by her captors earlier, giving them her long sword (which was now strapped to the side of the large black horse who was still pulling the cart, albeit aimlessly), for she didn't want to cause trouble for them; but the sound and shape of a dragon which flew over head had caused them to flee. She sighed, leaning back against the bars, looking up at the sky with one bright blue eye. If she was going somewhere to be paraded like a 'freak' she would allow it, but she wasn't going to let these mortals kill her. "Let them have their show, but I cannot allow them to kill me. No, not yet... I have to find her... my dear sister...." she thought, sighing.

She hadn't seen her sister in centuries, though half sister was more precise. She was half demon, her father having been human. Naru herself was 1/4 human, and was the eldest sister. They were close, but they had a fight when Naru suggested they leave for the Demon Realm, finding life among the humans... taxing. Leave me alone!! Unfortunately, soon after, her sister vanished. She'd been searching for her since. She had seen the rise and fall of nations through that time, and still hadn't found a trace of her sister. She'd search till the end of time if she had to.

In the mean time, she figured she may just escape, now that it seemed she was alone. She stood up, her slender 5'7 (5'11 with her horns) frame still not reaching the top set of bars of her adamantite prison. She went to bend the bars, and frowned, finding they were impossible to do so. "...Crap." she says softly, with another sigh. She rubbed the left eye under her peekaboo bang and looked about. She could see the key to her prison not too far away, the hoop looped around the hilt of her sword. If she was given either, she could easily break free. It seemed she was going to be headed to the Capitol of this human nation, hence the expensive bars. Still, she did have one trick up her sleeve...

She breathed in deliberately and slow, closing her eyes, and then, pressing her left hand against her plush pink lips, blew a kiss to the air with a smack. A glowing, violet/pink butterfly formed from her palm and split into seven more butterflies which darted off, across the forest landscape, seeking the assistance of a mortal. If it came to it, she'd simply use her less favorable seduction traits given to her by her mother, and then coax the individual in releasing her. She sat down on her knees, hands in her lap, bowing her head, and with her eyes still closed, 'remotely viewed' the butterflies she sent out, her eyes glowing the same color as them under her eyelids, which may have been a terrifying sight for the random passer by if there was one; but there wasn't as she would have known.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 am

Edgar streaked overhead like a blazing crimson comet breaking through the scattered clouds above Kilwood Forest, tracking and searching for the beast he sensed a few hours ago. His eyes scanned the forest in detail despite the speed he was travelling, for he sensed many unusual lifeforms below him now that he was close enough. Several demonic entities, several halfbreeds, standard monsters and animals, and several humanoids.

Wherever the beast went it was clearly hiding itself now.

He continued to search for minutes, circling around the continent spanning forest at multi-mach speeds, until his eyes noticed an abandoned horse cart. And he felt something there as well... Was that a Galivan demon trapped in a prison wagon?

Edgar's eyes narrowed and he descended.

The half fallen's metal boots slammed into the packed dirt path the wagon was abandoned on and he looked inside...

What Ed saw made him frown slightly, it was a woman with rather pronouced horns looking very depressed and curled up into the corner of the cage. Usually the way Ed delt with demons was to simply destroy them, but this one was not one of the demonspawn from Hell, but what they referred to as a sundered one, a lost demon from some unfathomably ancient cataclysm. Plus, Ed knew not all hellspawn or demonspawn in general were inherently evil, as Alexus proved back home, along with 'Janeway'.

Based on this, Ed didn't immediately destroy the wagon, and approached the cage. "Are you alright?" he asked.


Last edited by Edgar Holden on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:50 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Edgar streaked overhead like a blazing crimson comet breaking through the scattered clouds above Kilwood Forest, tracking and searching for the beast he sensed a few hours ago. His eyes scanned the forest in detail despite the speed he was travelling, for he sensed many unusual lifeforms below him now that he was close enough. Several demonic entities, several halfbreeds, standard monsters and animals, and several humanoids.

Wherever the beast went it was clearly hiding itself now.

He continued to search for minutes, circling around the continent spanning forest at multi-mach speeds, until his eyes noticed an abandoned horse cart. And he felt something there as well... Was that a Galivan demon trapped in a prison wagon?

Edgar's eyes narrowed and he descended.

The half fallen's metal boots slammed into the packed dirt path the wagon was abandoned on and he looked inside...

What Ed saw made him frown slightly, it was a woman with rather pronoiced horns looking very depressed and curled up into the corner of the cage. Usually the way Ed delt with demons was to simply destroy them, but this one was not one of the demonspawn from hell, but what they referred to as a sundered one, a lost demon from some unfathomably ancient cataclysm. Plus, Ed knew not all hellspawn or demonspawn in general were inherently evil, as Alexus proved back home, along with 'Janeway'.

based on this, Ed didn't immediately destroy the wagon, and approached the cage. "Are you alright?" he asked.

Forest Path 8fca454ab56532ab9ad7bd6c71501924_zpskis40kwc

For a moment, it appears that she may be sleeping. Though depressed in appearance she also seemed to be blushing slightly. A butterfly landed on her right breast as she sat there, still remote viewing...

Narumeia wrote:As soon as Jarrod fell into the arms of the blacksmith, one of Naru's butterflies which had followed the young man, making sure he would get to the long house in one piece landed on a window sill, viewing the scene from outside. No one took notice of her spying insect, and it was then Naru heard someone speaking up to her from outside her cage. Her butterflies quickly began to deteriorate, becoming a low pink light before 'popping' silently like a bubble; the energy drifting every which way.

Forest Path Sample-2c0851d457ebdf37fa1b501641c377af_zpstmfivjq1

She 'woke up', looking at the tall man before her, beyond the bars of her containment. She blinked again, and her lone bright blue eye glancing his tall height over. "Oh, I am fantastic. No need to worry." she replied with some sarcasm. She was seeking out someone to release her, but hadn't expected someone to appear straight from no where. It was odd how he managed to appear while remote viewing. She should have picked up on him sooner...
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Ed didn't seemingly hear the sarcasm, knowing it for what it was.. He reached out, and gripped the chain that bound the iron door and simply pulled the chain off with several loud metallic pops, like crumpling tinfoil. Next he  seemingly ripped the cage door off of it's hinges, tossing it aside.

Ed stood back away from the cage after that, and looked at the girl, the demoness before him. his psionics scanned her mind as much as her form, but it became quite apparent she didn't seem to pose a threat, she was looking for her sibling.

With that sorted, he simply replied with a little sarcasm of his own. "Well, I guess you can do what you want now."

He immediately focused on his next mission objective, and started looking away from her, his eyes unfocused as he extended the range. "Hrmmmm, Small village a few dozen miles to the south, away from the cliff. The beast's cave is back in that cliff..." he said lowly to himself.

His feet started to lift off of the grass and hover slowly upwards... Was he really just going to leave her there?


Last edited by Edgar Holden on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed didn't seemingly hear the sarcasm, knowing it for what it was.. He reached out, and gripped the chain that bound the iron door and simply pulled the chain off with several loud metallic pops, like crumpling tinfoil. Next he  seemingly ripped the cage door off of it's hinges, tossing it aside.

Ed stood back away from the cage after that, and looked at the girl, the demoness before him. his psionics scanned her mind as much as her form, but it became quite apparent she didn't seem to pose a threat, she was looking for her sibling.

With that sorted... "Well, I guess you can do what you want now."

He immediately focused on his next mission objective, and started looking away from her, his eyes unfocused as he extended the range. "Hrmmmm, Small village a few dozen miles to the south, away from the cliff. The beast's cave is back in that cliff..." he said lowly to himself.

His feet started to lift off of the grass and hover slowly upwards... Was he really just going to leave her there?

Her eyes widened, and she stood up, not sure what to expect as he crushed the chain and lock and then proceeded to simply remove the door off it's hinges. The horse which had been sleeping, and still attached to the cart woke up, startled, trying to scramble to its feet. Naru quickly exited the cage and went to the horses side, her palm glowing as she caressed it's neck. "Shh...shhh.....shhhhhh...." she says, calming the horse down. It bucked but slowly began to settle down before finally quieting, accepting both demon and the stranger's presence. "The key..." she says, pulling the hoop off the pommel of her human forged nodachi which hung on the side of the horse; the man who owned the animal and cart wanting to sell the item in Cretu as such blades were an expense, and Narumeia took care of her swords so it looked just like it was forged recently. She then turned to the man, holding it up. "...was right here you know." she then tossed the now useless item towards the tree line along the side of the path. "More importantly...why...did you pity me?" she asked, then took notice of his armor. He was wearing some pretty ancient gear. Nothing that made him look out of place, or would put him at a tactical disadvantage; most of the magic armors from the past could deflect anti-tank rounds after all, but he did appear old fashioned.

She placed her left hand on the neck of the animal behind her, gliding her gloved hand across it's mane and continued to keep her calm.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Edgar paid no mind regarding the key or Narumeia's sarcastic whit commenting on it, his eyes were glowing crimson like a pair of stop lights. his mind was stretching outward, he should have gone to Beijio to get the information he needed on the damn Sephiroth Canon reactor these idiots plugged into the planets core. but he had a mess here he started and had to sort out.

Then, Narumeia's question broke his concentration. His eyes dimmed and he landed back where he was, looking at her. "Because those who did no wrong should not be caged" he said.

"I know that pain, and worse, especially when it is someone you once respected who betrayed you. You came here to find someone, but she is not here..."


Last edited by Edgar Holden on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:Edgar paid no mind regarding the key or Narumeia's sarcastic whit commenting on it, his eyes were glowing crimson like a pair of stop lights. his mind was stretching outward, he should have gone to Beijio to get the information he needed on the damn Sephiroth Canon reactor these idiots plugged into the planets core. but he had a mess here he started and had to sort out.

Then, narumeia's question broke his concentration. His eyes dimmed and he landed back where he was, looking at her. "Because those who did no wrong should not be caged" he said.

"I know that pain, and worse, especially when it is someone you once respected who betrayed you. You came here to find someone, but she is not here..."

Naru's hands slid down the toned sides of the horse. It was a good breed and perhaps was an expense to it's previous owner who was either already back in Cretu by now or Warg meat...

She tilted her head to the left, her lavender hair drifting slightly as she glanced at him. She eased her shoulders slightly and smiled faintly. "There are no truer words." she said, before adding: "Around here though, some people are liable to act on fear before logic. It's not till you get to the major cities where the fear eases up a little. Even so, my captors probably would have made up some wild story just to see me get executed. Either that I charmed someone, or ate their babies....it's kinda generic, but I've heard worse in my time." she says, frowning with a sigh. "I've met humans who would fit quite well with demon society; ruthless and cruel to be even worse than some of the darker creatures of the Demon Relam. And I've also met ones who are worthy of protection, for they can look past the horns, fangs. My master taught me all life is precious, that includes demons, in some cases at least. I've equally met demons who are deserving of humanity. But...the world has a funny way of biting one in the ass." she added.  

"Hah!" she gasped, blinking. "How do you..." she looked him up and down, before closing her eyes and sighed. "Damn... I figured as much." she started, before glancing towards the direction of the village he had referred to earlier. She thought of the young man, Jarrod. How his village leader and father was quite against demons. As for his Father, it seemed set that demons were going to be waging war against humanity shortly. Though she wanted to see it's son get better, she supposed Jarrod was now in his mortal villages hands now...

That strange feeling rose inside her again. A second time she had seen his face when she looked inside his heart and memories. It was like her chest felt heavy, her heart raced and her stomach felt light, contradicting her physical feelings and felt as though she had been poisoned by a man-eating spider's venom, which is the only thing she could relate it to...

"Perhaps I delved too deep into his heart. Am I emulating feelings from his mate? If this is an emotional response, then what is it?" she pondered, placing her right arm under her breasts, supporting them, while cupping the elbow of her left hand which propped up her chin as she pondered such things. It wasn't the emotion of 'perversion' as her master had described to her centuries ago. It was a 'happy' feeling, she was sure.

She sighed, closing her eyes again. She wondered if the mortals got hold of a doctor for Jarrod. She could have fooled herself to say she was worried, she knew her magic had stabilized him. Even so though... that look of his face she had seen when she found him, laying there dying... it was...

"Like...looking in a mirror." she mumbled softly, her eyes half open, a frown upon her flushed pink face.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:37 pm

"So have I. Seen worse too..." Edgar said sadly. "My mother said similar words... Yet she still has no compulsion to spare mortal life... She is living proof that even archangels can fall."

His mind whirred around like gears again. 'she said they fell because they thought about things. But the truth is, they fell because they chose to.'

When her mind drifted towards thoughts of the human she had saved, he looked back at her again. "Do not be ashamed of your decision to help the boy. That is what initially drew me here, after all. Do you believe in karma?" he asked.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:"So have I. Seen worse too..." Edgar said sadly. "My mother said similar words... Yet she still has no compulsion to spare mortal life... She is living proof that even archangels can fall."

His mind whirred around like gears again. 'she said they fell because they thought about things. But the truth is, they fell because they chose to.'

When her mind drifted towards thoughts of the human she had saved, he looked back at her again. "Do not be ashamed of your decision to help the boy. That is what initially drew me here, after all. Do you believe in karma?" he asked.

Naru remained silent on the topic of this stranger's mother, half turning to her blade that had been belted to the animal. She undid the bindings and took the blade in hand, unsheathing it partly, seeing her reflection in the exposed blade's surface. "Looks like the blade is still in good shape. They didn't try to hack it into a tree while I was sleeping..." she thought, belting the long blade to her left hip, her long coat rising with the curved sheath's end. She turned to the man again and raised a brow. "I don't exactly feel ashamed in saving the mortal boy...as I do feel confused as to why I had. I can only send out seven of my familiars out on scouting runs, and I used three of them to ensure he survived. I am by all rights, lucky that you happened by. Even predators out here will devour a demon, if it is defenseless. As for Karma, my Master believed in such things. By extension I do as well, in the aspect that one shapes their own fate. I also take humor in the ironies in life. The boy I saved, his father, it doesn't like demons. However, I wonder how it would act if it found out that it's son had been saved by me." she replied, folding her arms under her protruding chest, and leaned towards the cart slightly. "Jarrod, the boy...is still hurt, but I think he will make it. He lost his lover to a dragon. He was very fond of it, and the two had a special bond, but...an ancient Dragon ate it. I was asleep when it had happened, I only know this transpired after reading his heart, and viewing some of his memories..."
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 am

Narumeia wrote:Naru remained silent on the topic of this stranger's mother, half turning to her blade that had been belted to the animal. She undid the bindings and took the blade in hand, unsheathing it partly, seeing her reflection in the exposed blade's surface. "Looks like the blade is still in good shape. They didn't try to hack it into a tree while I was sleeping..." she thought, belting the long blade to her left hip, her long coat rising with the curved sheath's end. She turned to the man again and raised a brow. "I don't exactly feel ashamed in saving the mortal boy...as I do feel confused as to why I had. I can only send out seven of my familiars out on scouting runs, and I used three of them to ensure he survived. I am by all rights, lucky that you happened by. Even predators out here will devour a demon, if it is defenseless. As for Karma, my Master believed in such things. By extension I do as well, in the aspect that one shapes their own fate. I also take humor in the ironies in life. The boy I saved, his father, it doesn't like demons. However, I wonder how it would act if it found out that it's son had been saved by me." she replied, folding her arms under her protruding chest, and leaned towards the cart slightly. "Jarrod, the boy...is still hurt, but I think he will make it. He lost his lover to a dragon. He was very fond of it, and the two had a special bond, but...an ancient Dragon ate it. I was asleep when it had happened, I only know this transpired after reading his heart, and viewing some of his memories..."  

Edgar quirked an eyebrow at Naru for a moment, while he believed her emotion and feeling on the matter was indeed genuine, he also noticed her rather impersonal approach to descriptors, referring to many people as a thing, or 'it' instead of the correct phrases such as 'him/he', or 'her/she'. This fact made him frown slightly in sadness. Her 'master' as she called him must still have been rooted in older philosophies regarding mortals. Not to mention it reminded him very sinisterly of another who referred to people as such. Himiko... she was talking to Catherine like that, viewing the woman as a mere object, a toy for her amusement rather than a person. And that thought made him simmer with rage inside slightly.

"Hmm, is that how you think of most humans? As simple things?" he asked on reflex. but let it drop almost immediately when she mentioned the Dragon. This time, his rage became almost palpable. He looked south towards the direction of the Gods Steppe Cliff, and she could see it now, his form was changing slightly. His ears elingated and sharpened, his jaw crackled as his sharpened teeth and fangs emered, and his hood fell backward, revealing a set of recurved black horns. Not the spiral horns many demons sported, or even the bull horns that were almost as common, but back swepped horns that folded like a v shaped horseshoe, before recurving back outward like a two pronged fork.

(OOC: think of these horns: Forest Path 53746-1-1402677238)
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:48 am

Edgar Holden wrote:

Edgar quirked an eyebrow at Naru for a moment, while he believed her emotion and feeling on the matter was indeed genuine, he also noticed her rather impersonal approach to descriptors, referring to many people as a thing, or 'it' instead of the correct phrases such as 'him/he', or 'her/she'. This fact made him frown slightly in sadness. Her 'master' as she called him must still have been rooted in older philosophies regarding mortals. Not to mention it reminded him very sinisterly of another who referred to people as such. Himiko... she was talking to Catherine like that, viewing the woman as a mere object, a toy for her amusement rather than a person. And that thought made him simmer with rage inside slightly.

"Hmm, is that how you think of most humans? As simple things?" he asked on reflex. but let it drop almost immediately when she mentioned the Dragon. This time, his rage became almost palpable. He looked south towards the direction of the Gods Steppe Cliff, and she could see it now, his form was changing slightly. His ears elingated and sharpened, his jaw crackled as his sharpened teeth and fangs emered, and his hood fell backward, revealing a set of recurved black horns. Not the spiral horns many demons sported, or even the bull horns that were almost as common, but back swepped horns that folded like a v shaped horseshoe, before recurving back outward like a two pronged fork.

(OOC: think of these horns: Forest Path 53746-1-1402677238)

She blinked, not understanding his reason for anger. "Pardon?" she asked, blinking in confusion. "I had just said my Master told me all things are precious." she says blinking again, turning her head slightly to the right, looking at him with a frown. "Some humans are worth protecting, I've said this too. To be honest I think most of their emotions are confusing. On that note, I can't exactly ascertain why you are getting angry..." she says before noting his transformation. She then took a step forward, grabbing his wrist, despite his boiling rage. "Calm down. There is no need to bring out your rage. For a half demon, you are as confusing as the humans... Were you raised by them?" she asked, trying to keep him from blowing out. Though they were deep in the woods, it wouldn't be too wise to draw unneeded attention, from either the Dragon or the villagers. At this point, the villagers may attack any demon or creature on sight.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:10 am

Edgar's head snapped back around towards Narumeia as soon as she touched him, his eyes were filled with violet light, but the emotions behind the illumination were conflicting. Sorrow, rage, pain hate, concern. All chased each other like possums on a wheel.

Eventually, his transformation ebbed away and recessed. and he heard her words.

"I am a half human, half fallen. my mother was originally an archangel who fell from grace and into Hell." he said brusquely.

"I'm not even supposed to be here, on this planet, in this dimension. The only reason I came here, was because her forces are attacking this dimension, this very world, to try and break the seal over my home world, to get me. I came here to protect my home, and all mortal life from her. But my presence has stirred more than I dared to anticipate."

"As for wether or not the mortals attack me is of no consequence to me. They can't damage me, their magics, and their weapons are not sufficient to that task... I learned that lesson thirteen years ago.... when my mother forced one of my own blasts into their path... she used my energy to kill millions and fuel her war machine..."

He again looked south. "This dragon, stirred by my attack on a Hell Spire in the Guardian gorge in Gailden, is another thing I have to correct, and pay penance for."

For the first time, narumeia could see... Edgar was trying to carry all the weight of responsibility for what has happened alone. if she were perceptive enough to see it.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:18 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Edgar's head snapped back around towards Narumeia as soon as she touched him, his eyes were filled with violet light, but the emotions behind the illumination were conflicting. Sorrow, rage, pain hate, concern. All chased each other like possums on a wheel.

Eventually, his transformation ebbed away and recessed. and he heard her words.

"I am a half human, half fallen. my mother was originally an archangel who fell from grace and into Hell." he said brusquely.

"I'm not even supposed to be here, on this planet, in this dimension. The only reason I came here, was because her forces are attacking this dimension, this very world, to try and break the seal over my home world, to get me. I came here to protect my home, and all mortal life from her. But my presence has stirred more than I dared to anticipate."

"As for wether or not the mortals attack me is of no consequence to me. They can't damage me, their magics, and their weapons are not sufficient to that task... I learned that lesson thirteen years ago.... when my mother forced one of my own blasts into their path... she used my energy to kill millions and fuel her war machine..."

He again looked south. "This dragon, stirred by my attack on a Hell Spire in the Guardian gorge in Gailden, is another thing I have to correct, and pay penance for."

For the first time, narumeia could see... Edgar was trying to carry all the weight of responsibility for what has happened alone. if she were perceptive enough to see it.

She bit her lower lip, her brows angled and her eyes lidded in distrust...but then as his eyes and transformation ebbed away, she too relaxed a little. She listened to him, silently, and watched as he shouldered this weight by himself. She could see herself in him as well. "You couldn't predict the dragon's awakening from the cave. You are not a God. What transpired here, isn't your fault. You cannot be certain if it had awoken from your actions, or simply because the beast was hungry." she said, gently letting him go. "I know the pain of shouldering the burdens of regret. But every little action, you should not let it fall to you alone. Running around, like a wind up toy is exactly what your mother wants. If what you say is true, by shouldering the responsibility everywhere you will run yourself ragged, then you'd be an easy target for her." She then had a thought enter her mind. "Perhaps, instead of being a one man army, you should be building your own."  

She looked to the village and then to the direction of the beast's lair. "Dragons....are tough creatures. But if you are not able to die then you shouldn't waste your time on a creature like a mortal to an ant. Again, if you run yourself down, tire yourself helping everything that transpires, you'll lose your mind and unkillable body. There are others who can shoulder the weight with you. It's a bit of journey to the Gods Steppe, but I can go and defeat this dragon myself. After viewing Jarrod's memories... the twisted malice the dragon had towards him and his mate... It makes me as angry as you. I was planning to kill the beast anyway." she says turning to the cart, drawing the blade from her hip and cut free the tethers which bound the horse before slipping the blade back into the sheath.

She looked over her shoulder towards the man again. "...I never did thank you for releasing me. So thanks. Killwood Village should welcome you, if you don't show your demon horns or powers. There may be people who could assist you there."

She was about to climb onto the horse when she felt it...

"Naru...meia...?"

Her eyes widen, and she turned, looking around her. "Danua..." she breathed, turning towards the Gailden Continent. The empath link was strong, strong as it's ever been before, but now she was in a predicament. Should she abandon these people? Or should she leave for Gailden... Her body stiffened, and she closed her eyes. "Before I leave... I have a question for you. Have you ever been torn to decide between your ultimate goal, and your duty to protect those deserving of your protection?" she then opened her eyes, and looked back at him over her shoulder, one leg up on the stirrup of the animal's saddle. "Which would you choose? Your goal, or those you protect?" she asked, her pink lips formed into a thin line, and her lidded, bright sapphire eyes glancing into his emerald ones.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:01 am

Edgar stopped the horse by placing a hand in it's flank. his look was determined.

"I never said i can't die, I said humans can't kill me. No mortal can now. But that doesn't make me invincible. The problem is that anyone I could recruit to a cause like that, would face things even I cannot protect them from. I cannot, and will not spend lives pointlessly in a fight that was never theirs to begin with. I do not mind dying if it means the safety of those I wish to save. No amount of fatigue and exhaustion will ever let me become complicit to her again."

He looked south, then towards Gailden. "Your sister is not even on this continent... he whispered, as he tried to zero in on Narumeia's sister through her own memories of her.

"Oh...... Oh no......" His psionic senses honed in on the Asrond Hell Spire. There, laying unconscious in a pool of blood and vile hell energy manipulated souls, he saw her.

His growl eminated from deep in his chest, and he started again. "She is in the Asrond Ruins Hell Spire! The one place I can't destroy yet!" he roared out loud.

This was terrible! He couldn't invade the fortress without running the risk of rupturing that damn Sephiroth Cannon generator Tenik used to tap the planets core!
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:25 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Edgar stopped the horse by placing a hand in it's flank. his look was determined.

"I never said i can't die, I said humans can't kill me. No mortal can now. But that doesn't make me invincible. The problem is that anyone I could recruit to a cause like that, would face things even I cannot protect them from. I cannot, and will not spend lives pointlessly in a fight that was never theirs to begin with. I do not mind dying if it means the safety of those I wish to save. No amount of fatigue and exhaustion will ever let me become complicit to her again."

He looked south, then towards Gailden. "Your sister is not even on this continent... he whispered, as he tried to zero in on Narumeia's sister through her own memories of her.

"Oh...... Oh no......" His psionic senses honed in on the Asrond Hell Spire. There, laying unconscious in a pool of blood and vile hell energy manipulated souls, he saw her.

His growl eminated from deep in his chest, and he started again. "She is in the Asrond Ruins Hell Spire! The one place I can't destroy yet!" he roared out loud.

This was terrible! He couldn't invade the fortress without running the risk of rupturing that damn Sephiroth Cannon generator Tenik used to tap the planets core!

She paused at that, and smiled. "I think you and my Master would have been good friends." she says thinking of the old man. That smile he had still perplexed her though... "You say similar things like he had when he was alive." she says before he mentioned her sister, Danua. She looked away, her eyes hidden by her lavender fringe, her smile becoming a thin line again. "I know. She's somewhere in Gailden... for the first time in twenty years, I've felt an Empath link.A strong one at that. Right now shes in the As-"

His words made her whip her head in his direction, her hand grabbing his hood, bringing his head down. "How? How did you do that? You again did something strange. You've pin pointed her in Asrond as well, but you're saying that you can pin point where she is exactly? I know you said you have archangel blood, but... what are you? What is it?!" she asked, wide eyed and shaking. Her thoughts shifted to her sister, and then the village. She shivered like a leaf, biting down on her lower lip painfully. She wanted to leave, to head to Gailden and reunite finally with her sister... but she couldn't abandon these people. Sure, their leader was a dick, but she saw many treat a small demoness as one of their own. Then there was Jarrod... despite that she didn't care for his father, it was still his father, and Jarrod's family. He didn't need any more suffering, having saw him attend his brother's graves...


Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:42 am

Edgar looked at the Demoness, his eyes squinted in concentration, but he did hear her question. "I told you, my mother is the last of the original Fallen. She rules from the Throne of Hell, the original Demon Homeland. Not the Demon Realm this world possesses, that's just a shard, a splinter of the Hell Dimension split off like so many others, that happened when the mortal universes were still new, and had not yet started creating sentient life." he said. "And this is not the first time I've reached out to minds and spirits on a global scale... It's becoming almost as easy to do as I did it back home, but not quite that easy yet. Your empathic link, and your memories of her allowed me to pinpoint her, and not only that, I can see her in my minds eye..." He suddenly clamped up a little.

'She... may not like what she finds of her sister when they reunite though..." he thought to himself.

"As for my other half... My father was human... Altered, but a peak human..."

He saw the conflict in her heart, and realised the true meaning of his earlier question. "You asked me earlier, 'I have a question for you. Have you ever been torn to decide between your ultimate goal, and your duty to protect those deserving of your protection?' You were really asking yourself the same question. My answer - I do what I believe to be right at that moment. I do what I do to save as many lives as I possibly can, especially those who'se lives are truly innocent. I do not always succeed in this endeavour, but that will not prevent me from trying... I tried dying, and giving up the fight twice. Even a point blank nuclear detonation couldn't stop me from living.... so I have to live on, and if I am going to live, then i must find a use for that time. That is my answer."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 am

Edgar Holden wrote:
He saw the conflict in her heart, and realised the true meaning of his earlier question. "You asked me earlier, 'I have a question for you. Have you ever been torn to decide between your ultimate goal, and your duty to protect those deserving of your protection?' You were really asking yourself the same question. My answer - I do what I believe to be right at that moment. I do what I do to save as many lives as I possibly can, especially those who'se lives are truly innocent. I do not always succeed in this endeavour, but that will not prevent me from trying... I tried dying, and giving up the fight twice. Even a point blank nuclear detonation couldn't stop me from living.... so I have to live on, and if I am going to live, then i must find a use for that time. That is my answer."

"It isn't that I don't fear death, as all mortals fear it to some extent. I simply acknowledge my time is complete, and that in my privilege to live as long as I had, that not a single moment was wasted, and have done things that will not be forgotten."


The old man's words resonated in her head after hearing the stranger speak those lines. "I think I'm beginning to understand what you mean, Master..." She thought of all the countless times she'd chase that empath link across the entire world. She closed her eyes and sighed. "...don't you move Danua...I'll come for you. Just wait a little longer." she silently promised, and removed her hand from the stranger's cowl. She opened her eyes, narrow and seemingly disappointed, in her own mind she knew she was doing the right thing. She swung one slender leg across the saddle, straddling the horse. She looked to the man again. "I'm human too. By one quarter. My father was a half demon." she says before finally adding: "I'm tagging with you for a little while. Though you said you wouldn't like to bring outside help into this, I've been drawn into this with the inclusion of my sister." she adjusted herself, and looked to the skies before looking back at the man. "I'm Narumeia. The eldest sister of Danua. You are?"
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Edgar Holden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:45 am

Edgar looked at Narumeia for a short moment, then sighed and smiled sadly. "My name is Edward Holden. Just call me Ed." With those words he reached up and patted the horse, and for a moment, the Horse became stock still, before it, and Narumeia began to levitate. "I can get us to the village in a few minutes, instead of taking the rest of the day to get there. Oh, I can also alter the way you look to the mortals if you desire, psionics can work wonders when needed, even though I dislike deception on the innocent."

As he said these words they began to fly, at a fair clip, not necessarily comet like speeds, but fast enough to shave hours off the initially planned trip. "Also, don't worry, we'll land on the road outside the village and walk in normally. We should be fine."


Last edited by Edgar Holden on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-03-01
Age : 38
Location : Wandering alone.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Narumeia on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:07 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Edgar looked at Narumeia for a short moment, then sighed and smiled sadly. "My name is Edward Holden. Just call me Ed." With those words he reached up and patted the horse, and for a moment, the Horse became stock still, before it, and Narumeia began to levitate. "I can get us to the village in a few minutes, instead of taking the rest of the day to get there. Oh, I can also alter the way you look to the mortals if you desire, psionics can work wonders when needed, even though I dislike deception on the innocent."

As he said these words they began to fly, at a fair clip, not necessarily comet like speeds, but fast enough t shave ours off the initially planned trip. "Also, don't worry, we'll land on the road outside the village and walk in normally. We should be fine."

She sighed. "I'm rather proud of my horns personally, but its probably for the best to remove them and give me human looking ears, at least till we get this dragon business sorted out." she says, raising her brows as they levitated. "Well... I see how you sneaked past my familiars so easily." she added. "Perhaps its best to give the old girl here a different coat too. I have no idea whose horse this is, and it's probably for the best no one recognizes her when we enter." she recommended.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 133
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Bullet on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:57 am

[From Here]

Bullet made her way through the forest, following up on the lead she got from her mobile phone about a merc job. She was sure she was headed in the right direction, but this forest path often diverged on multiple thoroughfares and side paths, it could be difficult at times to remember one's way even if they are familiar with the land. She was unfortunately, not too familiar with these lands, but she had a tool at her disposal which allowed her to find her way easily: Her nose. "Not too far, I can smell the campfires from here..." she says to herself in her low cool tone. Hands in her pockets, she continues down the path ahead of her, following the scent trail.
Bullet
Bullet
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 6
Join date : 2017-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Hinako Mizaki on Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 pm

[From Here]

Hinako navigated the harsh forest terrain, stumbling into the cleared out byway by a mere accident. Glad she no longer had to pick thorny barbs from her clothing, she took to the dirt path rather quickly, and followed along its length. What did my Mistress find out here that got her devoured, almost permanently killed out here? She wondered, holding her Grimoire tight to her chest as she walked along. She looked up, and saw another woman coming her way, and decided to slow her pace, bowing her head as they got closer to one another.

Bullet wrote:[From Here]

Bullet made her way through the forest, following up on the lead she got from her mobile phone about a merc job. She was sure she was headed in the right direction, but this forest path often diverged on multiple thoroughfares and side paths, it could be difficult at times to remember one's way even if they are familiar with the land. She was unfortunately, not too familiar with these lands, but she had a tool at her disposal which allowed her to find her way easily: Her nose. "Not too far, I can smell the campfires from here..." she says to herself in her low cool tone. Hands in her pockets, she continues down the path ahead of her, following the scent trail.

As both women pass one another, she kept her eyes out of sight, but scanned the woman for any signs of threatening items. She saw nothing really, save that gauntlet, so she continued on. She was heading to Kilwood Village proper at her pace, and could smell its famously scented bread on the wind.
Hinako Mizaki
Hinako Mizaki
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Fydis on Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Fydis was bored. Like, incredibly bored. He was so bored, he had made his way back to his older hunting grounds from centuries ago. He was laying back in his 'docile' form, up in the branches above, hands behind his head and eyes closed, below him was a disused pathway... He ate that cute Feniran Princess Thief on this same stretch of forest path in fact... she was tasty, but forgot if she was the one who escaped or not...

Grrrrrrrrroooo!

He furrowed his brows, his eyelids half opened, lidded with a look of pure annoyance. "Ugh.... thinking of the past has gone and made me hungry now!" He growled, flailing his limbs in a rather appropriate manner considering his current appearance. He was too lazy to hunt, but too hungry now to be lazy- when his fox ears stiffened and his attention turned to the woodlands to his right.

Hinako Mizaki wrote:[From Here]

Hinako navigated the harsh forest terrain, stumbling into the cleared out byway by a mere accident. Glad she no longer had to pick thorny barbs from her clothing, she took to the dirt path rather quickly, and followed along its length. What did my Mistress find out here that got her devoured, almost permanently killed out here? She wondered, holding her Grimoire tight to her chest as she walked along. She looked up, and saw another woman coming her way, and decided to slow her pace, bowing her head as they got closer to one another.

Bullet wrote:[From Here]

Bullet made her way through the forest, following up on the lead she got from her mobile phone about a merc job. She was sure she was headed in the right direction, but this forest path often diverged on multiple thoroughfares and side paths, it could be difficult at times to remember one's way even if they are familiar with the land. She was unfortunately, not too familiar with these lands, but she had a tool at her disposal which allowed her to find her way easily: Her nose. "Not too far, I can smell the campfires from here..." she says to herself in her low cool tone. Hands in her pockets, she continues down the path ahead of her, following the scent trail.

As both women pass one another, she kept her eyes out of sight, but scanned the woman for any signs of threatening items. She saw nothing really, save that gauntlet, so she continued on. She was heading to Kilwood Village proper at her pace, and could smell its famously scented bread on the wind.

His eyes fell upon a pair of jiggly orbs constrained in taught black cloth, their fullness and bounce hypnotic as his stomach growls again! Ohhhhh why you look fun~ His mind purred, a mischievous smirk upon his face, only his tongue breaking the smile as he drew the pink muscle from one side of his mouth to the other. She was just what the doctor ordered to alleviate both his boredom and hunger! He had to act fast as she was heading closer to Kilwood, and he didn't want to make the same mistake as before with that thief princess... he remembered retaliation, but was unsure if he digested that lovely, curvy frame now...

Doesn't matter, where she's heading, it'll be a long time till anyone else helps! He thought darkly, chuckling maliciously, his tail swaying playfully. He nimbly leaps from tree to tree, making his way over to her easily, and his light as a feather frame in this form made him virtually silent as he crossed the inter-tangled network of branches in the canopy! He was now above her, keeping up to her pace, looking down at his jiggly prey~ The smell of the local village bread caught his nose and it made his stomach growl hungrily again! Easy now! She'll be in your belly so-- His thoughts were cut off as he missed a branch, blinking before he fell with a shout of surprise! "Ahhhhck!" He cried, his body colliding with the raven haired, voluminous woman!
Fydis
Fydis
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 2
Join date : 2018-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Hinako Mizaki on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:40 am

Hinako paused, hearing movement above her when the Spritely creature descended upon her head! Out of reflex, she took a slight step back and with open arms caught the creature! Her arms recoiled only slightly, given his light frame. A fluffy reddish brown tail was now brushing against her face, while whatever the fluffy thing was in her arms was now upside down, face planted into the underside of her large breasts, and its small feet resting upon the upper hills of her voluminous orbs above. She blinked her long lashes slowly, her garnet gaze glancing over the creature. "...a kitsune pup?" She asked, more herself than the being in question, continuing to hold him in the awkward position.
Hinako Mizaki
Hinako Mizaki
Recruit
Recruit

Posts : 9
Join date : 2017-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Forest Path Empty Re: Forest Path

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum