Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palace of Alucphia: Throne Room

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Palace of Alucphia: Throne Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Palace of Alucphia: Throne Room

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:40 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia, at Leland's request alone, holstered her weapons, but looked just as impatient as the being before them had before. "Hey-just...get on with it. Does your place, Krad's place or this planets level and place in the universe, the very scheme of things, matter in the end? What point are you trying to get at, if time is of the urgency, get on with it then!" she says out loud, unknowingly that her very ancestors had acted the same upon Krad's arrival to Galiavan when he began to... 'spread his faith'. Hence why, Elves were cast from his 'light' and given his unwarranted rage.

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland looked to Anastasia, noticing her... shade of pink in her face. He frowned, and turned to the being. "Ignore her rantings, but she has a point. Spare me the history lesson, and simply tell me what you want. Then leave the Queen and her people alone!" he exclaimed.

"If you two would stop interrupting me with your impatience, then perhaps this would make sense. Because if I simply shown you your adversary, the only response you would have is 'Let me grab this gun or that weapon and i'll blow him up'. I am demonstrating that it is not, nor will it ever be that simple!" retorted the Empress irritably.

The green eyes turned to look at Anastasia. "To answer your question, Anastasia - it means Everything. To get a sense of scale, when the Universes were still forming, I and my siblings, the first archangels created by The One, explored the Void, the vast emptiness beyond our home, where we planted the seeds for future dimensions. But we never dared go beyond the light of our home, all but one. The image showed one particular angel, wreathed in holy light, streaking into the distance, further and further from the light of his siblings and their home, until nothing but the infinite blackness surrounded him, and he became lost.

"My brother, Verial was lost to us... We knew not what happened to him... until he returned, consumed by the deeper Void, and his body used as a host for it's terrible might and will to consume everything. Verial, my brother was gone, and in his place, the Void Dragon reigned."

Palace of Alucphia: Throne Room - Page 2 2746429-void_dragon.1

The monster was shown rampaging across multiple dimensions, consuming and destroying everything it touched. Angels and other gods included. "Before we could muster our forces and rally to the great ones call, the monster had destroyed half of what we had planted, and consumed half of our siblings before we managed to render it inert and send it back to where it belonged. For we could not destroy the fundamental force of all destruction."

The image showed the developing universes and the body of the Void Dragon drifting off into the infinite blackness beyond. "After the apocalyptic battle, the remaining universes continued to develop, and we seeded new ones. And before long, new wars would rise, and the Void Dragon was all but forgotten by the younger angels. The schism occurred, and we Fallen were cast from the High Heavens into the Pitts of Hell, cleaving the Great Ones forces almost in half once again. And as time past, unbeknown to us, the Void Dragon recovered it's strength, and sought to use a seed of it's former self's own power to return. Now, the Dragon awakes, and has found a new host.... And neither the forces of Light and Darkness can stand alone and face the monster now.... it destroyed too many of us, and the schism cemented our failure... We need the mortal realms now more than ever to equalise the balance and defeat the beast again."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Palace of Alucphia: Throne Room - Page 2 Empty Re: Palace of Alucphia: Throne Room

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 am

"Wow..." Anastasia said softly, her face neutral in expression, looking up at the Empress: "'Let me grab this gun or that weapon and i'll blow him up'." with that she turned to Leland whispering to him. "Seriously though, I don't like this. Neither this woman...nor the mission she presents us with our role being...minuscule and unclear. Granted, I don't mind playing the 'enemy of my enemy' is my friend card, but this feels off."
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Leland abashedly shook his head and took another side step, to shield Anastasia. "Given the circumstances... I think I shall take your warning and if I happen to run into your 'wayward' son, I'll pass the message along. However, I cannot condone your actions, and what you have done to the countless victims you've lain in your wake. To me, that you've allowed such freedom within your ranks to do as you please, building your shrines which produce monsters that victimize Galiavan's people... shows you are as fit to lead your people as the Baroness has to the Demon Realm..." he says his eyes glowing a bright blue as he used 'the sight' to help put other puzzle pieces together. "I don't fully trust you, nor this alliance because the way you lead. But...if you leave these Lamia alone, and not show retaliation to my Elven friend... I'll promise I will pass the message along."
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:10 pm

The Empress looked at the two of them, and smiled savagely. "Where it not for this emergency, you would all be destroyed by my presence. My people do what they do because they must. And they must, because the One Above All gave us no choice when he cast us away. You all have no idea of the good fortune you have by being granted the freedom of choice without ever having to earn it. We few who thought differently from what 'He' wanted, we were cast out of our homes, and forced to become monsters. Well, if we are to become monsters, so be it, but I will make sure 'He' and all His little loyalists and you His precious pets all know why we bear the title of monsters. Now, are you done with your heroic speeches? We nave not the time for you to try and debate with me over what is right and wrong with your world or our involvement with it."

The Empress snorted with her contempt. "And do not pretend that you yourself are so heroic, innocent and pure. Nobody on this planet is truly innocent. You have the blood of your own people on your hands, both of you. Some of evil people, but you've also all shed the blood of those you thought were innocent. And while you mortals blissfully all exterminate yourselves in intercene fighting and warfare, Hell came to your doorstep, yet you all kept up pretenses, and kept on going like nothing had changed. Some countries still plot to wipe eachother out, even if our arrival had produced a sense of tension, you would still face another war, Another wave of crime. Black Anubis? Shadowlaw? These were concepts before we arrived in force. And now, with the end of all things facing you, you STILL want to negotiate and cast judgement? You mortals are almost obscenely arrogant and hypocritical..."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:58 pm

"You are as a bully asking the kid he's picking on to help him fight his abusive father," she says to the Empress. "We are not acting 'holier than thou', although you on the other hand are. I'm sure most in this room, are aware of the crimes, how small or large we've committed. Of the blood we've spilled. We may be ants in the greater scheme of things, but so what? Apparently being on the top of the ladder isn't any better." she says honestly. "When the beast comes, there indeed may be no tomorrow which follows. But none of us know that. Leland here wants to negotiate during that time your 'things' your 'monsters' don't attack this tribe. That if we make it, we are rewarded and not simply lambs for the slaughter. Because frankly bitch, you don't give off the vibes you'll let us live once we've completed our end of the bargain." she grumbled.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:09 am

"No one here is a hero, we've got our demons. Some of us deal with them better than others." Leland gripped the Queen and frowned. "Its because we live such short lives, we must be paranoid of what ventures we delve ourselves into. I've agreed to help in this task most perilous, but your continued hostility and presence seems moot." he says before bowing his head slightly. "If you are second guessing our assistance, I cannot rightly blame you. But like you said, you are out of time. It is a simple request I make, to leave these villagers alone. You need us...as much as we supposedly need you. Or this entrance you've made...had been for naught."

Last edited by Leland McKelly on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No on here is now 'no one here' :P)
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:20 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"You are as a bully asking the kid he's picking on to help him fight his abusive father," she says to the Empress. "We are not acting 'holier than thou', although you on the other hand are. I'm sure most in this room, are aware of the crimes, how small or large we've committed. Of the blood we've spilled. We may be ants in the greater scheme of things, but so what? Apparently being on the top of the ladder isn't any better." she says honestly. "When the beast comes, there indeed may be no tomorrow which follows. But none of us know that. Leland here wants to negotiate during that time your 'things' your 'monsters' don't attack this tribe. That if we make it, we are rewarded and not simply lambs for the slaughter. Because frankly bitch, you don't give off the vibes you'll let us live once we've completed our end of the bargain." she grumbled.

Leland McKelly wrote:"No on here is a hero, we've got our demons. Some of us deal with them better than others." Leland gripped the Queen and frowned. "Its because we live such short lives, we must be paranoid of what ventures we delve ourselves into. I've agreed to help in this task most perilous, but your continued hostility and presence seems moot." he says before bowing his head slightly. "If you are second guessing our assistance, I cannot rightly blame you. But like you said, you are out of time. It is a simple request I make, to leave these villagers alone. You need us...as much as we supposedly need you. Or this entrance you've made...had been for naught."

The Empress was about to retort once again, however, before she could, she noticed a glint in the image of the Void Dragon she still had displayed from the orb in her hand. "!!!" Before she could do anything, the orb in her hand shattered, shredding her hand in the proccess. Then a voice filled the hall that shook her to her very eternal spark.

"Ah, There you are, my dear little sister Andariel... Heh, didn't think I would find you cavorting with the amoeba." the image of the beast was talking to them all, in real time, emitting now from an unknown source since the orb was destroyed. "Hmhmhmhmmmm, these limited beings are part of your plans to stop me? How thoroughly amusing. Look at them Andariel. They are fragile, their lives are but a blink of our eyes in time. Even the knife eared one who thinks she is immortal. They will NEVER understand your struggle. You argue yourselves in circles like glitchmice, all the while, I feast and grow ever stronger. You forfeited your eternal lifespark to LEGION, for nothing but the chance to defeat me. But no matter what you do, it will all be over this time...."

The presence of the monster before them was having a profound effect on not only the Empress, but Orphia as well, who was staring wide eyed at the apparition with horror, before she coughed into her hand trickles of blood. Her precognition sensed nothing but the utter darkness and destructive might of the beast before her, and it was overwhelming. "It's.... real!.... The monster of ultimate destruction..... is real...." she whispered in Leland's ear.

Zetose, Corona and the guards tried to form a defensive ring around the queen and her guests, while the Councilman watched on with nervous and horrified expressions. "Protect the Queen!" Zetose called out behind him to Leland and Anastasia.

Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:43 am

"From this side of the orb- your breath is fresh and minty, worm!" She exclaimed at the new arrival, turning to the others. "Apparition or not, its perhaps best to not fortify ourselves here and instead back away to a more advantageous locale!" She barked to the guards, grinding her teeth together. Knife eared eh? Up yours too you bony lizards; I've seen better handbags compared to you! She thought, while trying to help mobilize the Queen's forces.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 pm

Leland was not expecting the vile creature's arrival, causing him to take a few steps back. The beast seemed equally disdainful of the Empress if not simply teasing her in a twisted manner. He held the Lamia's Queen tightly, turning his body in such a manner that she would be safe from the swirling debris and aura radiating from this creature. He turned to Anastasia sharply: "Really?! What the hell are you on Anastasia?! Don't antagonize the dark entity!" he exclaimed, feeling a bit useless other than being a shield for the Queen.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 am

"Hmhmhmhmmm, This is nothing but a prelude. A portent of things to come. My host is almost ready, and soon, all shall become nothingness within the Void, as it should have always been." The beast did not even aknowledge Anastasia's outburst, or the flurry of activity of the Lamia or Leland.

"Until that day.... enjoy yourselves... Hmhmhmhmmmm" with those parting words, the monster faded, and it's power fell silent once again.

The Empress collapsed to her knee, the blackened stump of her upper right arm all that remained of the hand that once held the orb. On instinct, she reached up, and almost grasped the stump, until she realized the Void was eating her alive, and with the flick of her left hand, she severed the remainder of the arm off at the shoulder, and watched the desiccated limb be reduced to nothingness.

"....... He was even able to reach between dimensions to reach us, even while not fully awake yet..... Is that proof enough....?" the Empress's pained voice strained to them, before  she too began to fade.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 am

Leland turned from Anastasia to the Empress's lack of an arm, watching her remove it before the darkness spread up and devour the rest before it too vanished. It was a terrifying power indeed, to say the least. "...Everyone okay?" he called out, looking between the Lamias, Anastasia and Terras.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:57 am

Anastasia looked to Leland rubbing the back of her head and blushed, drunkenly. "S-sorry... I admit... I'm may have imbibed myself with a heavily intoxicating drink which...admittedly I've never had. Bloodwine, mortal whiskeys, hell even dwarven mead, they've got nothing... on what I've drank." she says before looking around. "Besides... stumpy over there, I think we're all fine love." she says blinking. "Leland." She corrected.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:09 am

The Empress frowned at Anastasia's comment and resolidified. "Give me a moment. RAAAAH!" she roared out, as her arm regrew rapidly in a burst of crimson blood and energies.

Testing the new appendage, she bent and unbent the elbow, and clenching and unclenching the fingers. "Hmmm, May sound strange, but I prefer the old arm better... Oh well, I guess I'll have to break it in." Those last words directed at Anastasia with a smirk.

But the smirk faded as she looked at the group. "If you still wish to try and take your vengeance against my sundered kin, then your vengeance is misplaced. I know what happened to your spouse Leland. Why you seek those weapons, the fires of vengeance in your heart burns as strongly as any Revenant in Hell. But your target is misplaced. The sundered ones who did so were driven mad by hunger, and they were driven mad because the current Baroness forbid them their sustenance. Sealed them in the demon realm and shut herself away from mortals entirely. Indeed, demons of any kind require one thing to survive and power their immortality - living energy. That is the key. Without it, weakness, starvation, followed by deterioration of mental faculties, until only the beast remains... "
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Empress frowned at Anastasia's comment and resolidified. "Give me a moment. RAAAAH!" she roared out, as her arm regrew rapidly in a burst of crimson blood and energies.

Testing the new appendage, she bent and unbent the elbow, and clenching and unclenching the fingers. "Hmmm, May sound strange, but I prefer the old arm better... Oh well, I guess I'll have to break it in." Those last words directed at Anastasia with a smirk.

But the smirk faded as she looked at the group. "If you still wish to try and take your vengeance against my sundered kin, then your vengeance is misplaced. I know what happened to your spouse Leland. Why you seek those weapons, the fires of vengeance in your heart burns as strongly as any Revenant in Hell. But your target is misplaced. The sundered ones who did so were driven mad by hunger, and they were driven mad because the current Baroness forbid them their sustenance. Sealed them in the demon realm and shut herself away from mortals entirely. Indeed, demons of any kind require one thing to survive and power their immortality - living energy. That is the key. Without it, weakness, starvation, followed by deterioration of mental faculties, until only the beast remains... "

Anastasia looked on as the being regrew her arm in a rather grotesque fashion. Still, Anastasia appeared physically unmoved by this, either because of the drink in her system, her experience with the gruesome through her years of conflict and war, or slightly both. She frowned at the being. "What's that supposed to mean?...Forget I asked." she says shrugging before helping some of the Lamia up around her. To listen what the Empress said about Leland, she slowly turned to face the Gunslinger with a weary look before looking back at the Empress then him again. Before she was unaware of his intentions, though it be for in search of a weapon of some sort, she wasn't aware of the motivation behind it.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:22 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:
Darkstorm Zero wrote:"If you still wish to try and take your vengeance against my sundered kin, then your vengeance is misplaced. I know what happened to your spouse Leland. Why you seek those weapons, the fires of vengeance in your heart burns as strongly as any Revenant in Hell. But your target is misplaced. The sundered ones who did so were driven mad by hunger, and they were driven mad because the current Baroness forbid them their sustenance. Sealed them in the demon realm and shut herself away from mortals entirely. Indeed, demons of any kind require one thing to survive and power their immortality - living energy. That is the key. Without it, weakness, starvation, followed by deterioration of mental faculties, until only the beast remains... "

Anastasia looked on as the being regrew her arm in a rather grotesque fashion. Still, Anastasia appeared physically unmoved by this, either because of the drink in her system, her experience with the gruesome through her years of conflict and war, or slightly both. She frowned at the being. "What's that supposed to mean?...Forget I asked." she says shrugging before helping some of the Lamia up around her. To listen what the Empress said about Leland, she slowly turned to face the Gunslinger with a weary look before looking back at the Empress then him again. Before she was unaware of his intentions, though it be for in search of a weapon of some sort, she wasn't aware of the motivation behind it.

"All the more reason why I should see my mission through, Empress." Leland spoke with some bite in his wording, releasing the Lamia Queen to her subjects huddled around them. He turned, briefly, to Anastasia with a raised brow. "Clearly this one has had a bit too much to drink for one evening." he sighed, closing his eyes, wiping his brow with his damaged stetson. "Even so... I feel like there has been enough hostilities for one evening... from all sides. As I see it, I have two problems to deal with now that the Voidbeast threat has made an appearance." he says, turning sharply to the Demon Empress. "If you wish to forge a pact with me, I cannot be helped to be bound to my oath, and must cordially decline your offer, be it command or not. Take me as a stubborn ass, but I will not be swayed to aid you." he explains to the demon, before shuffling Anastasia away from the creature. His thoughts turned readily to the Elf's well being once she wasn't in a highly buzzed state.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:38 am

"You mortals re strange.... You get your priorities confused, and you still cannot tell the difference between an erstwhile ally and a real enemy. Would you prefer I withdraw my forces and leave you all to face him alone? Would you like to see the fate of the last half a million dimensions full of mortal worlds who tried? I'm certain I can find countess amounts of more amicable mortal dimensions who would rather survive than settle petty scores. But it seems you are all far more interested in being stupid and willing to be erased for the sake of vendetta... And you all wonder why Hell exists..." The Empress frowned as she looked over the Lamia, and the pair of bipedal mortals. Her eyes fell upon Ana and Leland again.

"Are you going to rebuke with a clever retort, human? Come on, say something clever. Even if you obtained your weapons, and killed every sundered one who wanders Galiavan, it won't change anything. And no weapon you could find within the secrets of Asrond could enable you to defeat me... Come, I'll even let you into the Spire I built into that place... You can even recruit my wayward son who plans to go there and blow it up, ask him how his last battle with me went. After that, consider this piece of information - The last time we faced Verial, it took the combined efforts of over 300 Arch Seraphim like me, and half of that number dying, to simply contain that beast.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:13 am

Leland simply closed his eyes. "Call me what you will. Stupid. Stubborn. But you must be hearing me wrong..." he then opened his dark blue eyes and glanced up at her coldly. "I'm denying you my gun, but I'm not going to let the void claim us either. Be it pride or just plain spite... I will not work side by side the creatures who ate my wife, and left me her 'scraps' as a parting gift." he says, choking on his words. He lowered his head, his hat covered his eyes. "I won't try to stop you from recruiting whom you think may help. As for your challenge, was it not you who said we mortals are not so weak as we seem? What makes me different from any other mortal?" he asks, before sighing.

"You don't need me to help you slay the problem your people burdened existence with! But by all means, do what you like. I don't care anymore." Leland shouted, clenching his fists tightly. There was a part of him that still felt duty as a Gunslinger, to aid the civilized people of the planet where they lack proper military and policing care; but he also felt an empty coldness all Gunmen of the Association deny they have, hide and ignore though ultimately possessed. A robotic coldness that guided their philosophies and ensured they see the job, no matter how brutal it was, through. A lack of empathy.

Those who do not keep this part in check, fill that void with hate... malice. They turn 'Rogue', and go against the code, the Gunslinger Oaths. They forget their teachings and work not for the people, but themselves. Leland knew he was treading between the line, allowing his wrath and pride fill the void in his own heart... but there was a point when the pain became numb and he simply wouldn't care. A part of him, deep down inside wondered if he denied the Empress because of her kin, or because he was afraid to fail protecting those he cared.

He remained there in silence, waiting for a snide remark or fed-up reaction from the demonic entity.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:31 am

"And there in lies your problem. We never did. I told you who was responsible for the death of your wife. Do you blame all demonkind for it? Or those responsible for it? Would you like to be judged by the sins of every human in all existance? I can tell you personally that those sins are many and ever growing. No... You are not so monumentally foolish as to take on the sins of your entire kind, not even for the sake of vengeance. the Empress stated, her face not full of anger, but more of a distant sadness.

Good and evil, order and chaos, light and darkness, The High Heaven and All the planes of the Nine Circles of Hells... These things have always existed, and must always continue to exist, lest it be the end of everything. And this is what Verial seeks. We did not create him... He came before all other Arch Angels, he was the oldest and most powerful of us... And he was the boldest by far. That boldness... the courage to venture into the unknown depths alone, that is what made him who he is now. He was my brother once, but now, he is a monster born of the desire to end everything. A more extreme version of your desire to end all demonkind perhaps? And yet, while you do not possess the power he does, I imagine what you would do if you did. The Empress's eyes flashed, and for a moment, Leland coud see. a single golden tear drip down her cheek.

"I imagine even my lost son, Edward, who is half mortal, would not be spared your venegance, even though he fights for you mortals and has forsaken me. He is his father's son in spirit, far more than he is mine... And all of that, because we who fell from heaven dared to think independently of what the one Above All thought. We fell, by choice, and yet we still fulfilled our roles for him, and we fought beside him when we were needed.... You mortals have your freedom of choice... And yet you choose to do nothing as Doom approaches. I do not know what he sees in you... You are all so fragile still, naive, and ignorant of what is really happening, and even when presented with irrefutable proof, you still must cling to your old hatreds, and allow the beast yet another way to defeat us... Perhaps then, only by the words of an archangel who had not fallen would you be convinced..."

Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:08 am

Leland remained silent for a long while, looking away from the Empress. Once finished, he simply turned away. "Don't send these creatures to their deaths. Give them roles they were never supposed to fulfill. I shall part, in peace with you Empress. I suspect you grow weary of speaking with 'this idiot'. I'll spare you of your explanation, words I'll need not heed anyway." he says, as he begins to walk out of the throne room, frowning, unable to look the Lamia he had been friends with. His hate and anguish made him rattle, and his mind went back to the dream of Everin Faust once more.

"I'll kill who ever gets in my way, if they aren't part of the picture, they become part of the problem." he says in parting, both hands pushing open the double doors, walking through them as he exited.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:54 am

Anastasia watched Leland withdraw, her face unflinching as he did so and said what he said, silently taking the data in. Is that truly your mission... has grief and pain taken you in such a manner? Nothing lies at the end of that road mellon, I know this... personally. She thought, turning from Leland's fleeing image to the Empress. "Though I share the same animosity towards you as he... though for different reasons, I agree that this business with the void beast is indeed more pressing than revenge..." she paused, redirecting her gaze to the Empress' eyes. "I'll see to it he doesn't do something reckless and unwise. I've been down a similar road..." she says softly, remembering their cries faintly in her mind's eye, even now. Her little ones...

She bowed her head, her face unflinching yet, and cold as ice... but her eyes were flickering with the determination she needed to see to it Leland would not fall upon the same path.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 am

The Empress eyed the departing man carefully, her senses detected his need for vengeance, his rage, his sorrow... His despair.

"You may not be able to help him, Anastasia. His mind is a maelstrom of hatred, desire for vengeance, rage, and despair at the loss of Izuna. But.... her eerie lime green eyes cast their inner light on the Elvish woman. "He does not know yet that even the dead are not safe from the Void... If Verial wins then the entire collective of souls within both the Heavens and the Hells are also lost. Not even the One, seated upon the throne of the Tetragramation and alight with the Flame Imperishable can restore the erased. He can only recreate in the image of what was lost, he cannot restore the lost. Thats why he never replaced the Archangels slain in the first war with the monster..."

The Empress shook her head, her horns swaying slightly. "Anyway, the more immediate concern right now is Leland's need for vengeance against the sundered ones. The truth is, the current Baroness who leads the sundered ones of this world is currently suffering my judgement. She is now existing as a mortal woman until she can prove herself worthy of her post and earn her name. She was one of Everin's concubines. If ever there would be a time to talk to her as an equal, it would be now. But, if you need help... seek out my son, Edward Holden. The man who is responsible for the blast that destroyed my spire in the Guardian's Gorge.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Empress eyed the departing man carefully, her senses detected his need for vengeance, his rage, his sorrow... His despair.

"You may not be able to help him, Anastasia. His mind is a maelstrom of hatred, desire for vengeance, rage, and despair at the loss of Izuna. But.... her eerie lime green eyes cast their inner light on the Elvish woman. "He does not know yet that even the dead are not safe from the Void... If Verial wins then the entire collective of souls within both the Heavens and the Hells are also lost. Not even the One, seated upon the throne of the Tetragramation and alight with the Flame Imperishable can restore the erased. He can only recreate in the image of what was lost, he cannot restore the lost. Thats why he never replaced the Archangels slain in the first war with the monster..."

The Empress shook her head, her horns swaying slightly. "Anyway, the more immediate concern right now is Leland's need for vengeance against the sundered ones. The truth is, the current Baroness who leads the sundered ones of this world is currently suffering my judgement. She is now existing as a mortal woman until she can prove herself worthy of her post and earn her name. She was one of Everin's concubines. If ever there would be a time to talk to her as an equal, it would be now. But, if you need help... seek out my son, Edward Holden. The man who is responsible for the blast that destroyed my spire in the Guardian's Gorge.

Her icy exterior thawed somewhat at the mention of souls being at risk as well. Perhaps their cries I've been hearing are not my memories after all... She felt sweat trail down her cheek from the eerie thought; her heart sinking deep. She glanced up at the name. "Edward Holden... Right." she nodded, and then, admitted something peculiar. "His name appeared to me several hours ago when we were in Beijio, an hour or so before the blast in Ithtecca occurred." She continued. "It was around the time I, and several others at the castle, just simply keeled over. They were mostly elves... but Leland fell over as well."

She turned to face the Lamia around them, and still felt a little buzzed from her drink. "I think you may be wrong about him. I too forged the same steely will for an endless crusade of vengeance. I still feel that way at times..." she frowned, closing her eyes. "He is lost in grief, but he can be guided back."
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:08 am

The Empress said nothing for a moment.

"You care for him... I cannot say what the fate of that would be, but if you cannot steer him from the dark path he is heading, he may cause us all to take the darkest road to the end of all things... And that would mean Izuna will die a second time by his choice..." The Empress closed her eyes again, and this time she began to fade once more.

"That being said, I can only show you mortals the way... I cannot make the decision for you. Hopefully the other side will send their own envoy to help... But I remain doubtful of even their intentions now..." she added, before fading completely and dissapearing.

Once the Empress had gone, the Lamia Queen Orphia had recovered somewhat, the terrible pressure of first the Empress, then Verial's apparition no longer thundering against her untapped psionic sensitivity. She opened her eyes and saw that Leland had left, and Ana was standing in thought. "What has happened?" she asked nobody in particular. Zetose looked grim, and said nothing.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:37 am

Anastasia blushed. "I...wouldn't go so far to say that..." she looked away, for only a moment, before the Empress vanished.

The Highborn Elf turned to the Queen Naga and frowned. "Very...much." she replied simply. She was about to elaborate when she felt that weak sensation again, burning red eyes flaring into her mind. She fell to her knee, but it wasn't because of the powerful drink she had earlier. "Ah..." she gasped, blinking, wincing through the weird sense of fatigue that was almost painful in a numbing way. "I-I'll let them update you.... your grace." she gasped, standing up and pushing through the fatigue. She made her way after the foolish mortal man, almost immediately as the man soaring across the sea!
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:39 am

(OOC: From here)

Ed had followed Ana and their Lamia guide through the halls and passages of the Palace, until they reached the throne room. Several attendants were there, trying to calm down the Queen, who seemed to still be in the throes of Delirium, tho much less than earlier.
the royal Guards however, prevented Ed from approaching, the Lamia were still very wary of the strange outsider. One not classified as prey nor friend, was normally a dangerous enemy.

Ed sighed and let Ana deal with this, for if he said or did something wrong here, it could go very wrong very fast, and he had no desire to harm these people.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next