Throat of Miellil

Go down

Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Miellil (http://galiavan2282.forumotion.com/t7-characters-dragons#1830), a red dragon had attacked the Scardian Queen nearly four centuries ago. The Queen was rescued by Hrothor Brightblade, also known as Hrothor the Honored, as well as various other Scardian Knights and Nobles of the time. They defeated Miellil the Lord of Flame by casting her into the depths of a cavern with a decorated mythril bolt, and a large dragon bone spear that was an heirloom to the Scardian Throne. The cavern is too deep and dark, but many believe the treasures still lie with the corpse of the creature deep within...

That is why, this vast open cavern within the drifts of Silent Drift Canyon is called the 'Throat of Miellil', a name to scare bold Scardian Tykes from trying to peer down its edge, in fear the red scaled dragon is alive and ready to swallow up any foolish child or drunkard who looms over its depths...



Li secured the ropes tightly, rifle bouncing against her right hip as she leaned over the gaping hole in the ground, her 38DDD's bouncing as she jostled the rope! "Okay...looks like its gonna be a tight hold." the Beijionese explorer announces proudly to her dangerously small staff of a Feniran Radio guy named Fenris who wore a tropical themed button down, Carmella a Scardian Doctor incase something went wrong, and Shen who was a Domescan Wanderer, who was added security. They only lacked a Geologist from the Far North, and a Historian from either Rolan or Danton and then their group would be a multi-cultural melting pot!

She jiggled over the edge, her breasts and ass doing some jigging themselves as she glances over to her team members faces. Fenris held up the camera, videotaping Li Houtou as she was ready to discover the depths of Miellil's Throat. "Hey there, I'm Li Houtou, mercenary and explorer. Today I lean over the edge of the scary deep 'Throat of Miellil'. Legend has it, Miel, a red dragon who attacked the Scardian Queen in 2282 had taken her to this spot where she planned to eat the Monarch. She was stopped however by the Knights of the now defunct White Tower and Hrothor the Honoured who lead the rescue party. Miel was brought down by several mythril bolts and a legendary dragon bone spear once crafted from a dragon Scar'd supposedly slain himself. I'm going to search for the carcass of Miel and hopefully retrieve the deadly projectiles that sent her to her doom into the very depths of these caves below me. Lets... hope she's 'dead' like the legend claims. You guys don't want buxom old me to be a snack for a 4 century old beast, right?" She chuckled, shaking her head side to side playfully. "Okay, gonna drop a flare and I'll radio you all when I'm down there!" she winked, popping a hand flare from her fanny pack, popping the cap with her mouth before twisting the ignition. Within a second of pulling it from her mouth, sparks shot from the end. She lets it drop down below her, like a match falling in the darkness.

No sign of walls as it fell, and fell... and fell.... before there was a pinprick of light engulfing the cave floor several meters below. Li let out a high pitched 'impressed' whistle call which carried down the gaping 'throat' of the cavern, and echoed throughout the belly of the underground beast. "Dayum... looks like I'll need the rope ascender if I wanna climb up, I'm not doing that by hand!" She laughed as Shen handed her the climbing gear.

She smirked, tapping her yellow construction hat as she prepared herself. She set the mic earpiece with combined flashlight to her left ear, and then turned to the camera. "Don't miss me for too long fellas~" She winked, before pushing off the ledge!

She curled up into a ball as she fell into the depths of the 'Throat', to aid in her descent. She scanned the environs on the way down, turning her head to see what the head light of her earpiece would pick up. She saw some cave ceiling, some walls, more darkness, and continued her way downward to the base of the cave. For the moment, there wasn't much to see, answering Fenris with: "Nothing much to see here, you'd think that she'd just be laying here." she joked, shaking her head, allowing her incredibly long raven hair sway behind and below her as she slipped the helmet off her head. She undid the harness around her waist, and began to inspect the area around her first hand.



She looked around, her head sweeping left to right among the crystal and rock formations around her. She didn't see any obvious signs of a struggle, but then again... over 370 years have passed since the defeat of Mielil. She looked up at the way she entered, and was unable to determine the exact height she descended:



"Hm... having plunged from that height, even without the injuries would have been the scaly handbag's doom... so why aren't her remains near by..?" She asked herself, muttering under her breath.

"Okay, moving in guys; let me know if I'm breaking up." she ordered, taking a hand held camera with a brighter flashlight attachment from her side pouch and began her in depth exploration.
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Sat May 26, 2018 5:51 am

Li continued into the cave, filming with the handi-cam as she progressed. The place certainly was massive enough to hide a dragon. She wondered if Miel had dragged herself deeper within, or the strength to have done so. "Its not like she could have survived down here for too long anyway." Li says to her imaginary audience, before her ears picked up a rushing noise she had previously mistaken for the rushing wind from the outside.

Upon further investigation, she rounded the corner of the cavern, and found a small river cutting through the rock. She filmed the river as she approached:



"Seems and underground stream runs through Miellil's Throat, the source is probably from Blade-Breaker River which flows at the bottom of Silent Drift Canyon... you know, that river is a pristine source of fresh water, supplied to several villages out in the fields... My dark humor about me 'hoping I won't end up being a tasty Gigas Mac for Miellil'... lets hope that remains just a joke." Li says, with a somewhat nervous tone as her eyes now began to check the walls and dark ceilings a bit more fervently. "But surely that red scaled handbag isn't still around? Could be just a myth like the Megas Selachi or-" CLANK

She paused, checking under foot, stepping back as she saw the dusty remains of what appeared to be a silver... no, Mythril arbalest bolt! Li's wide eyes stared in disbelief at the item, slowly panning the camera upon it, before she knelt down and grabbed it. "Huh... looks like a bolt. Nah, could be just a coincidence its all mythril-" She paused again, noting in the light of her earpiece radio's light the long defunct crest of the White Tower Knights. She gulped. "Wow... this is for real..." She whispered. Her excitement raised, and she began scanning for signs of a body or skeleton. None. Sighing, she slipped the priceless artifact into her bag, and turned her attention to the bridge which spanned the river.

She patched in to her team above. "This is Li... I found one of the fabled bolts! No dragon corpse yet, but I'm going to investigate further. Feel free to move base camp down to the crystal cave." She smirked, rising to her feet and crossed the bridge. She began following the path of the underground river, which became wider as she progressed deeper...

She suddenly was overlooking a drop off, a water fall that fell into the deeper depths. She didn't have that kind of gear to check it out unfortunately. She was about to turn back when she saw a curiously large side tunnel carved into the rock...



She turned her pair of lights down its length, watching the pretty crystals glitter. In awe of the beauty, she took the detour down the shaft of crystalline stone...
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Sat May 26, 2018 6:41 am

The caverns were enormous, and combined with their muted blue/green luminescence created a very creepy atmosphere. However, one would note that unlike what would be expected, there was a subtle warmth in the air. The slight mist generated from the water was due to the very slow vaporisaton caused by an unknown source of heat somewhere, and it seemed to be radiating from the stone. No geiger counters would activate their rapid clicking, so it was safe to assume it was not radiation from an undiscovered uranium deposit.

That being said, the deeper into the cave one goes, the lumiescence coming from the rock seemed to increase.

Once Li rounded a particular corner, the cavern opened into a massive chamber, filled with what looked like an old, well hidden research facility...

avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 am

Li made her way through the crystalline tunnel, her light picking up the unique blue green glow of the crystals which lined it. As soon as she rounded the corner, the tunnel opened into another wide and empty passage... but it wasn't empty on second glance. Li's light pierced through the mist which pervaded every inch of the open space, seemingly originating from the ceiling. "Where this fog come from? Wait.. how can there be fog...?" She asked herself, before manipulating her light up and saw the tower coming into view!

Li's jaw dropped. "By the twelve...!" She gasped, panning the tower, some sort of refinery of sorts? Into the view of her camera. "Guys... you have no idea what I've found!" Li spoke, but oddly received no response. She blinked, tapping the ear piece, looking away from the screen of her camera... just as something she didn't see skittered across the len's line of slight, slithering in the mist.

"Hello? Fenris? Carmella? Shen? Can any of you hear me?" She asked, but got only interference. "Huh... perhaps I'm too deep inside. Or these beautiful crystals have something to do with it..." She says out loud, turning the camera towards her equally beautiful form:



"Well as you can see, this documentation is going to change narrative as we now investigate this glowing green structure in the middle of this cave!" Li giggled, not too worried since she was armed, but then again what could this building hide that was dangerous? "So we'll postpone the hunt for dragons as soon as we check this place out!" She added, turning her camera away from her face, and began approaching.

She didn't see any signs of an obvious entrance, only noting the tower went through the ceiling rock somewhere. Curious, Li continues her search till she sees what she's looking for one the side mounted screen of the handicam. "Jackpot!"



As she makes her approach, she notes the electric blue webbing in the earth and rock, mistaking it for electricity... but the eerie glow also reminded her of the low-yield plasma weaponry on the market these days. She saw that it was stemmed from the crystals, and that it wasn't painful to the touch. "Oddly warm down here..." she says, taking care to film all that she saw as she pushed forth, ever the curious cat.
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Sat May 26, 2018 7:27 am

As Li made her way deeper into the ruins, she would notice that the presence of the crystals seemed to be getting larger the deeper she went. Less soil and more crystal seemed to be present.

The warmth remained a steady comfort. It never grew into an uncomfortable heat, but always stayed at the level of a comfortable blanket and a cup of warm chocolate milk - strange as that sounds, it was a Cozy temperature. And then, Li could hear the distant echoes of laughter. Pleasant laughter, like that of children playing, and adults conversing pleasantly.

After some small moments exploring, Li would then see one of the crystal's reflective surfaces shimmer, and the ghostly image of a pair of men appeared, tinged blue, and glowing in the dim light of the crystals, one wearing a red dress suit and gloves, while the other wore a set of white armored robes and had a very large sword strapped to his back.

"This is it Master Hrothor. There's not much of it here, but we have to make the attempt to activate the BGP with what we have. Time is running out and Abdel will not wait to get those gates open." the tall man in the suit spoke first.

"There is another, Val.... though I had promised to keep it secret, this is one of those times I must break my word..." the elderly gentleman in the white armored robes said with much chagrin and regret. "Lux... You will find all the Bavarium you could ever need beneath Lux Island. But Val, do not take it by force. The people of Lux are innocent, and are not modernised yet, they will need your help - especially if Abdel and his mistress find the Bavarium... They will stop at nothing to keep it from you."

The tall blonde man, Valundar, kept his silence for a moment, his red eye glowing in the dim light. "I hope, I hope we have enough time..." said the man as he looked to the distance.

The vision of the old man faded, but the one of the man in the suit remained.

"I did have enough time to get to Lux, and help them. Even married their queen and saved her people. But I didn't have enough time to activate the project, and I had to face Abdel alone to make sure my people got to safety... I died, and left my daughter fatherless..."
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Sat May 26, 2018 8:03 am

Li walked deeper into the ruins of the facility, her reflection in the shapes of the crystals were exaggerated and humorous, making her feel like she was in a fun house during the White Light Festivals of her childhood. The air remained a comfy warm, and oddly specific. It was literally like she was draped in her blanket once it came out of the dryer and had snuggled up with a beau and a glass of creamy chocolate milk in her hands. Not that she had a beau, but if she had one he'd be a lucky man right about now.  

Her face was pink, giggling as warm and fuzzy thoughts streamed through her mind; with a smile on her lips she continued to amuse herself in the reflection of the crystals. Before she realized that her reflection had mysteriously vanished... she began seeing images, like those eyewitnesses reported in Asrond's open air filled with the glowing green blue orbs... but instead, here, it was crystals:

Random Mobs wrote:
After some small moments exploring, Li would then see one of the crystal's reflective surfaces shimmer, and the ghostly image of a pair of men appeared, tinged blue, and glowing in the dim light of the crystals, one wearing a red dress suit and gloves, while the other wore a set of white armored robes and had a very large sword strapped to his back.

"This is it Master Hrothor. There's not much of it here, but we have to make the attempt to activate the BGP with what we have. Time is running out and Abdel will not wait to get those gates open." the tall man in the suit spoke first.


Li's brows furrowed at the name drops. "Hrothor? Abdel?" Both men were well past their expiration date by this point, and she filmed the interaction between Hrothor and the blonde man further.  

Random Mobs wrote:
"There is another, Val.... though I had promised to keep it secret, this is one of those times I must break my word..." the elderly gentleman in the white armored robes said with much chagrin and regret. "Lux... You will find all the Bavarium you could ever need beneath Lux Island. But Val, do not take it by force. The people of Lux are innocent, and are not modernised yet, they will need your help - especially if Abdel and his mistress find the Bavarium... They will stop at nothing to keep it from you."

To this, Li was confused. There was no such island named Lux, and even on maps from over 300 years ago, no such land existed... then again, Tenik Inc. runs the map making business, and she knew what they were capable of growing up as a child during the Beijio Civil War, and Pre-Sephiroth Wars... Bavarium was also a confusing element, but from the look inside the images, it was the crystals themselves.

Random Mobs wrote:
The tall blonde man, Valundar, kept his silence for a moment, his red eye glowing in the dim light. "I hope, I hope we have enough time..." said the man as he looked to the distance.

The vision of the old man faded, but the one of the man in the suit remained.

"Hmm... the plot thickens." Li said to herself, about to close the camera due to it getting hot when she heard a noise come from not the crystal itself, but... seemingly behind her! "Huh?!" She jumped, dropping her camera. It clanged onto the floor, the flashlight light module flickered briefly, and Li drew the assault rifle from her right hip, but there was nothing.

Random Mobs wrote:"I did have enough time to get to Lux, and help them. Even married their queen and saved her people. But I didn't have enough time to activate the project, and I had to face Abdel alone to make sure my people got to safety... I died, and left my daughter fatherless..."

She sweeps the room slowly, listening to the voice of the man in red in a somber tone. She gulped, remaining silent as she turned to the crystals... the man's image remained, plastered on all of them. Lowering her weapon, she bent down to retrieve her camera with a frown. "Scaring myself..." she sighed, checking her camera to make sure it was undamaged. Nothing serious, thankfully. "Lux huh... they even had a Queen and future Princess." She paused, before remembering the name Hrothor had said. "Val... Val...." She rubbed her chin with one fingerless glove clad hand and thought back on her Scardian history.  It didn't take long, after all... Blade-Breaker River ran through the Silentdrift Canyon above her! "Lord Valundar Blade-Breaker? Thats what you looked like... handsome for a brutish Scardian." She giggled to herself, brushing off the lens of her camera, about ready to explore more. The visions replayed in the crystals were entertaining... and only drew Li further in with her insatiable curiosity.
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Wed May 30, 2018 1:40 am

Li Houtou wrote:Li walked deeper into the ruins of the facility, her reflection in the shapes of the crystals were exaggerated and humorous, making her feel like she was in a fun house during the White Light Festivals of her childhood. The air remained a comfy warm, and oddly specific. It was literally like she was draped in her blanket once it came out of the dryer and had snuggled up with a beau and a glass of creamy chocolate milk in her hands. Not that she had a beau, but if she had one he'd be a lucky man right about now.  

Her face was pink, giggling as warm and fuzzy thoughts streamed through her mind; with a smile on her lips she continued to amuse herself in the reflection of the crystals. Before she realized that her reflection had mysteriously vanished... she began seeing images, like those eyewitnesses reported in Asrond's open air filled with the glowing green blue orbs... but instead, here, it was crystals:

Li's brows furrowed at the name drops. "Hrothor? Abdel?" Both men were well past their expiration date by this point, and she filmed the interaction between Hrothor and the blonde man further.  

To this, Li was confused. There was no such island named Lux, and even on maps from over 300 years ago, no such land existed... then again, Tenik Inc. runs the map making business, and she knew what they were capable of growing up as a child during the Beijio Civil War, and Pre-Sephiroth Wars... Bavarium was also a confusing element, but from the look inside the images, it was the crystals themselves.

"Hmm... the plot thickens." Li said to herself, about to close the camera due to it getting hot when she heard a noise come from not the crystal itself, but... seemingly behind her! "Huh?!" She jumped, dropping her camera. It clanged onto the floor, the flashlight light module flickered briefly, and Li drew the assault rifle from her right hip, but there was nothing.

She sweeps the room slowly, listening to the voice of the man in red in a somber tone. She gulped, remaining silent as she turned to the crystals... the man's image remained, plastered on all of them. Lowering her weapon, she bent down to retrieve her camera with a frown. "Scaring myself..." she sighed, checking her camera to make sure it was undamaged. Nothing serious, thankfully. "Lux huh... they even had a Queen and future Princess." She paused, before remembering the name Hrothor had said. "Val... Val...." She rubbed her chin with one fingerless glove clad hand and thought back on her Scardian history.  It didn't take long, after all... Blade-Breaker River ran through the Silentdrift Canyon above her! "Lord Valundar Blade-Breaker? Thats what you looked like... handsome for a brutish Scardian." She giggled to herself, brushing off the lens of her camera, about ready to explore more. The visions replayed in the crystals were entertaining... and only drew Li further in with her insatiable curiosity.

The further Li went into the caverns and the ruins of the facility, she would see each reflection give off a different memory, as though the crystals held the accumulated memories and wisdom of thousands, maybe more, of different people's memories. It was a truly differing experience.

Then, the spirit of Valundar appeared once again.

"I am sure someone like you has many questions, Li Houtou. Ask, and I will answer what I can. But... it would be unwise to proceed further into the mine unprepared... I placed Guardians in the lower shafts back while I still lived, and they will not take kindly to intruders."
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Wed May 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Li continued to film the layout of the odd setting. The mystifying crystals and the cozy warmth in the air only served to draw her curious mind and body further into the facility. "Like moments trapped in time... this is very old magic. With more of a reliance on technology these days, you see less and less of things like this." She spoke, observing several different scenes, narrating for her non-existent audience. Her eyes focused on the screen of the handicam, when she paused, hearing the voice again.

She could feel a high amount of chi resonating from the objects now thinking about it, and it seemed to only increase every time the spirit spoke to her. She paused, unable to see him, and unsure what to ask or say. She was nervous in fact. Instead of responding all together she crept further along, frowning with goosebumps across her body. What was she supposed to do? Play twenty questions with a disembodied voice? Part of her felt like she should ditch the facility altogether, go back looking for the fallen dragon, with the fact the voice of the Scardian figure knew her name as if he crawled into her head, and the eerie warning about the lower levels. She did entertain the thought of a question, as in what this place was and its purpose, but she could also somewhat surmise what it could have been from what she had already recorded.

Then again, speaking to spirits is unhealthy for those without training in the spiritual arts... I'm no Miko or Priestess... She thought, her frown becoming a grimace as she was conflicted between fear and curiosity..
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Li Houtou wrote:Li continued to film the layout of the odd setting. The mystifying crystals and the cozy warmth in the air only served to draw her curious mind and body further into the facility. "Like moments trapped in time... this is very old magic. With more of a reliance on technology these days, you see less and less of things like this." She spoke, observing several different scenes, narrating for her non-existent audience. Her eyes focused on the screen of the handicam, when she paused, hearing the voice again.

She could feel a high amount of chi resonating from the objects now thinking about it, and it seemed to only increase every time the spirit spoke to her. She paused, unable to see him, and unsure what to ask or say. She was nervous in fact. Instead of responding all together she crept further along, frowning with goosebumps across her body. What was she supposed to do? Play twenty questions with a disembodied voice? Part of her felt like she should ditch the facility altogether, go back looking for the fallen dragon, with the fact the voice of the Scardian figure knew her name as if he crawled into her head, and the eerie warning about the lower levels. She did entertain the thought of a question, as in what this place was and its purpose, but she could also somewhat surmise what it could have been from what she had already recorded.

Then again, speaking to spirits is unhealthy for those without training in the spiritual arts... I'm no Miko or Priestess... She thought, her frown becoming a grimace as she was conflicted between fear and curiosity..

"You need not fear the spirits and memories of the Crystals. These crystals, are pure raw Bavarium, the basic element of Materia, but it is also a direct conduit to the planet's lifestream - the place all souls go when they die, and await their time to return to the living world. Or, where they pass on to the next." Valundar explained. "I chose to remain, and keep watch over the world since my departure. I had to know that what I did made a difference. It would seem I managed only to minimize the danger, but not eliminate it."
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Li paused, and looked back to the crystals to get a better look at them. They kinda had the color of the energy that once powered Tenik's Reactor's all over the planet. Some were still active spots due to meltdown, like in Asrond, and in Renoa.

She paused, curious. "...so you're really Lord Valundar Blade-Breaker? The one the river in the canyon above is named after? AH wait... that was after your passing if I recall." She cringed from her stupid remark, before raising a brow. "Limited the danger? But Abdel is dead, his entire culture... well, most of Domescan culture has been since erased, what remains are sad tribes and raiders who skulk the sands of Domescadia these days. How can that be limited?" She asked, confused. After the fall of Abdel's Fortress, much of Abdel's forces had dwindled, and they became almost as displaced as the Galideno survivors... except the Far North wanted vengeance. For their lost comrades, the Tsar had mobilized the bulk of his mobile forces to completely eradicate Domescadia's Army. The chaos was fierce and swift, and rather Barbaric; but Domescadia was dealt a fatal blow from the likes of which they never recovered. This event has been felt through the decades, and even other proud countries like Scardia found the act... over kill.

Then again, the Scardians did sack my home town along with the Beijionese Imperialist Elites when I was a child; not all Scardians abide the code. I guess Karma struck back like a bitch, given they were absorbed by the ADN's TCT treaty... the only army they have are their Foreign Legion which is a loop hole in their red tape agreement with the other two nations... She reminded herself of the histories of Galiavan's countries of recent.
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Wed May 30, 2018 9:32 pm

"And you have no idea how much that grieves me. Most of Domescadia were innocent civilians held in bondage against their will, as were the Teronians. Abdel was an evil being most foul, his dark deeds worthy of the lowest demons of Hell indeed. He enslaved Domescadia, and literally held Teronia by the throat as he consumed as much shadow power from them as he could for the sake of his new mistress..." Valundar's eyes turned to the surface of one particular crystal.



The figure of a dark hooded man approached the great gate, adorned with skulls and ablaze with magics and energies so foul it turned the surface of the usually blue crystal orange with it's intensity.

"He found a pathway... He found a Gate to Hell, the original homeland of the Demons, and managed to strike an accord with the last of the Fallen, the eternal ruler of that accursed dimension. She provided him with the means to acquire power, and in return, he was to use that power to open the gate between Galiavan and Hell. When we died in our final combat, he must have gotten the gate open just enough for Hell to eventually be able to wrench it free from their side... it took nearly four centuries, but they are here now. Asrond, and Gazatine. Those are the fortresses they managed to create. The third, thankfully, has been destroyed."

Even as Valundar spoke, the Guardians stirred as they heard voices. One familar, the other strange, and their protective instinct moved as they were instructed. The immense titan slithered her way to the borehole beneath the facility...
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 pm

Random Mobs wrote:"And you have no idea how much that grieves me. Most of Domescadia were innocent civilians held in bondage against their will, as were the Teronians. Abdel was an evil being most foul, his dark deeds worthy of the lowest demons of Hell indeed. He enslaved Domescadia, and literally held Teronia by the throat as he consumed as much shadow power from them as he could for the sake of his new mistress..." Valundar's eyes turned to the surface of one particular crystal.



The figure of a dark hooded man approached the great gate, adorned with skulls and ablaze with magics and energies so foul it turned the surface of the usually blue crystal orange with it's intensity.

"He found a pathway... He found a Gate to Hell, the original homeland of the Demons, and managed to strike an accord with the last of the Fallen, the eternal ruler of that accursed dimension. She provided him with the means to acquire power, and in return, he was to use that power to open the gate between Galiavan and Hell. When we died in our final combat, he must have gotten the gate open just enough for Hell to eventually be able to wrench it free from their side... it took nearly four centuries, but they are here now. Asrond, and Gazatine. Those are the fortresses they managed to create. The third, thankfully, has been destroyed."

Even as Valundar spoke, the Guardians stirred as they heard voices. One familiar, the other strange, and their protective instinct moved as they were instructed. The immense titan slithered her way to the borehole beneath the facility...

Well I never thought I'd see a Scardian sympathize with a culture revolved around slavery centuries before Abdel's birth, nor the Island of Assassins which died out during the Beijio Civil War in the 2620's, also caused by Scardia's Naval Blockade and their own internal threat... Li chuckled uneasily, best keeping that to herself, she kept continued recording; but was unsure if she really should at this point.

"I...see." she replied, unknowing what to say in response to such an info dump. "Well thats good, right? I mean, if one of these gates are closed, they've diminished their field of operations, no?" She asked, filming the scene of the door with the camera in hand, unaware of what was coming...
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Wed May 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Li Houtou wrote:Well I never thought I'd see a Scardian sympathize with a culture revolved around slavery centuries before Abdel's birth, nor the Island of Assassins which died out during the Beijio Civil War in the 2620's, also caused by Scardia's Naval Blockade and their own internal threat... Li chuckled uneasily, best keeping that to herself, she kept continued recording; but was unsure if she really should at this point.

"I...see." she replied, unknowing what to say in response to such an info dump. "Well thats good, right? I mean, if one of these gates are closed, they've diminished their field of operations, no?" She asked, filming the scene of the door with the camera in hand, unaware of what was coming...

"Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Hell's Ruler is far too adept to let the loss of a single spire be a hindrance. Even if the other two towers are destroyed, there is still the overarching problem. The Demons have already touched this dimension, and somehow... they managed to open a supergate in orbit above Galiavan..."



"With this, the monsters have deployed a space fleet millions strong in a matter of hours. They intend to assimilate the entire dimension into their own... Though we, despite being dead, do not know the reason why she would do this." Valundar suddenly stopped speaking, as his eyes turned toward the entrance to the dig site. "The guardians are awake. You cannot remain much longer. The Wurms cannot see me as you do."


avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 pm

She silently listened, before Val suddenly paused, and his eyes went elsewhere. Li cleared her throat. "Lord Blade-Breaker...?" She asked, calling for him gently before he returned his attention to her. She blinked her long lashes. "Wurms?!" She couldn't think how such creatures could be used as sentries, they were dimwits mostly... but then again, they are somewhat easy to tame and were not always the bloodthirsty giants they were usually seen as. She looked around, herself, and figured she'd cut the meeting short. She needed to get back to her comrades and look for Miellil's skeletal remains another day! Then again her comrades could have already set up base camp inside... She stood frozen, unprofessionally for once in her life as she debated her actions. She glanced up at Val. "I'll be back here again, promise!" She exclaimed, rushing off in one direction. She didn't hear or feel signs of them yet, but they were worms, they couldn't get the jump on her, Li the Bái lóng, the White Dragon?
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:31 am

As Valundar faded from sight, Li rushed to the exit. The sound of her boots clacking off the hard stone ground echoed ominously through the facility and the caverns beyond. But were soon followed by low rumblings, and the ground quaking from below.

Even as Li exited the facility and made for the caves, she could see the very ground shift and move, before an enormous claw the size of a Main Battle tank ruptured the ground only a few dozen meters ahead of her, barring entrance to the caves beyond. The large claw was covered in dark obsidian colored scales, and each talon a deep ebony...
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:33 am

"Crap, came down here for a dead dragon but found a creepy facility and ghosts, okay.. okay! I need to get out of here for now, don't want to get caught by the wu-" She broke her sentence as the ground beneath her began to rumble. She stopped, watching the ground wobble and wave. She watched, with horror as the ground broke ahead of her, a massive claw adorned in ebony exploding from the rocky earth! Its talons were long and a glossy black, a clutching motion made by each digit! Li shuttered, nervously backing away, pulling her rifle up from her hip she took it in hand and decided heading back!

Not this way! She thought, her ebony hair waving behind her as she ran back towards the facility to look for another exit out! Her boots foot falls crunching under stone and crystals as she sprinted back, her weapon's magazine clanking and the camera now hanging off her other hip, casting light from its head light onto the misty ground as she ran through the misty and open facilities grounds. She had to find another exit, and was ready to unload her rifle if it came to it. I'm pretty sure this weapon hasn't been field tested against Wurm scales yet, and in this dark I'm not going to be a great shot either, crap... She reminded herself, feeling sweat trickle down her face and off her chin; her massive DDD's bouncing left and right as she sprinted away from the closed off tunnel!
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:46 am

Even as Li ran, what emerged from beneath the cavern ground was... not a full sized adult Wurm, but rather a juvenile. While certainly larger than her intended prey, the Wurm was by no means a giant yet.



Still, as is typical of her kind, the Wurm let out a hiss. "Indruders no welcome! We protect crystals from all intruders!" she said, before slithering with a vastly surprising speed and agility towards the facility entry li disappeared into, following the scent, heat trails and vibrations of her footsteps.
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 am

Random Mobs wrote:Even as Li ran, what emerged from beneath the cavern ground was... not a full sized adult Wurm, but rather a juvenile. While certainly larger than her intended prey, the Wurm was by no means a giant yet.



Still, as is typical of her kind, the Wurm let out a hiss. "Indruders no welcome! We protect crystals from all intruders!" she said, before slithering with a vastly surprising speed and agility towards the facility entry li disappeared into, following the scent, heat trails and vibrations of her footsteps.

She didn't look back, not till she felt the creature's movements falling swiftly behind her! She turned, the bouncing camera light on her hip flickered, her breasts swaying with her abrupt turn, rifle raised- and it was almost impossible to see her! The smaller light which glowed above her left ear, attached to her wireless radio earpiece microphone and head phone was too weak to pick up the creatures shape in the distance. She could gather, however from the faint glow that the creature was less a giant as Wurms generally go; her human like face was also quite youngish in appearance, similar to Li's own face, if not in her twenties in human appearances.

She stalled for a moment because of the youthful look, her eyes locking with the creature's. She stood there, finger on the trigger but frozen in her decision to fire blindly in the darkness. I don't feel comfortable making this shot...! She thought, before looking up at the ceiling at crystals, raising her rifle and finally shooting at the hanging crystals and ceiling rocks high above the Wurm! Her rifle recoiled in her arms as she let rounds fly, firing about fifteen or so rounds from the Assault Rifle.
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Random Mobs on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:19 am

As Li began to fire into the crystals directly, the Wurm's face changed from stern, to panic very quickly. "Ah! NO SHOOT SHINY ROCK! IT EXPLODE!" she shouted as she tried to fling her forearms infront of the bullets. Several plinked off of the hardened scales there as the wurm reared on her tail. Others only glanced the crystals, striking bedrock.

"Insane human! Crystals full of energy!" roared the Wurm in indignant anger, her teeth now bared in a savage snarl. As if to punish the intruder, the Wurm lashed pout a very fast tail whip right at Li's ribs.
avatar
Random Mobs
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Posts : 263
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Li Houtou on Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:35 am

Random Mobs wrote:As Li began to fire into the crystals directly, the Wurm's face changed from stern, to panic very quickly. "Ah! NO SHOOT SHINY ROCK! IT EXPLODE!" she shouted as she tried to fling her forearms infront of the bullets. Several plinked off of the hardened scales there as the wurm reared on her tail. Others only glanced the crystals, striking bedrock.

"Insane human! Crystals full of energy!" roared the Wurm in indignant anger, her teeth now bared in a savage snarl. As if to punish the intruder, the Wurm lashed pout a very fast tail whip right at Li's ribs.

Li seized her fire upon hearing, and seeing panic upon the Wurm's face! Her bullets bouncing off the creature's scales! "She... blocked the crystals...?" She lowered her smoking weapon, and then felt a bead of sweat roll down the back of her neck as the female creature scolded her. She wasn't expecting that, which threw her off when the snake like giantess twisted around her body, her scaly tail whipping out at her! "UGh!!" Li grunts, her eyes wide mouth agape and body curled over her the tail! Her rifle was at an angle which made it so that the blow was not bone-crunching lethal, especially given it was her upper chest!

She was flung far, her back hitting the cave wall, her head snapping back against it, letting out a yelp of pain! She felt numb across her entire body, her nerves jolting and slowly regaining their sensation as she landed on her chest under the mist. "Ow..." she whined, crawling. "Like a fucking truck...." she spat. Her rifle wasn't in her hands any more, not that it did her much good. Gotta move quietly... She thought, sliding under the mist. She needed to find a place to hide, and quickly!
avatar
Li Houtou
Private
Private

Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throat of Miellil

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum