Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memories of the Seventh Sword

Go down

Memories of the Seventh Sword Empty Memories of the Seventh Sword

Post  Revan Uptincross Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 am

Izula Island, August 2629

The Hiitengumi have been in Izula for several days, preparing for the secret invasion against the now corrupt Beijio Capital City. Three of the Twelve Swords of Hiiten, once the Empire's most trusted and elite military force were preparing for the signal to fight. Sixty-three soldiers all trained in the art of the blade and gun, and to root out evil within the capital lie in wait on the tiny island not too far from Beijio's shores. The Captains of each twenty man unit could see the city and the Emperor's palace atop the mountain of Frey'd from this far at sea.

The Captain of Squad 7 is Tsukioka Revan. A bastard of eighteen, who joined the Swords when he was four. People speak of his unique mixed blood, and of being Emperor Diasuke Beijiosaki's royal bastard. However, in spite of his social stigma, rumor, and of his youth, the boy was one of the best swordsman in the Hiitengumi.

The young man stares out to the sea, his dark eyes worried as he cannot help but think of the coming carnage in the nights soon to follow. They were waiting for the fires, that was the signal to fight. It would not occur tonight, but it will soon. And it made him anxious in spite of his thoughts of glory and in cutting down the corrupt city who killed the Beiji-Scardia Island's representatives.

Memories of the Seventh Sword Revan_11

He is a tall, handsome lad, long black hair all trim and proper in the traditional samurai's ponytail. His uniform consisted of the green and red haori worn by the Twelve Captains of the Hiitengumi, Beijio's Twelve Swords. His skin was fairer than most of his comrades, but his eyes were obsidian and piercing. Still, he cannot shake off his worry for his men and women who he will be leading into battle.

"You worried, nyan?"
Memories of the Seventh Sword __original_drawn_by_accho_macchonburike__6894b1256_by_keskewolf-dbpnhpy

The Captain of Squad 7 turned to face the Izulan native. "That obvious huh?" He smiled bravely yet unconvincingly back. "Captain Kenryuu and Captain Saito are handling this situation better than I am. I've been in combat before, but... I fear for my troops and their safety." he says, fidgeting nervously.

The Neko smirked, and slipped closer to him. "You should relax. If you get too tense before the battle, you're not going to sleep. No sleep means you cannot lead with a clear mind. Without a clear mind, you'll be unable to control the chaos or the troops in your control, nyan~" she meowed, her tail flicking and ears twitching.

Tsukioka frowned. "Unfortunately I cannot sleep well these days. My body carries the soul of an oni or so I'm told. That blood is keeping me awake at night, making me restless and filled with worry. Its so cold some nights..." he says looking down at his open palm.

Suddenly, her hand appears in his, and this makes the young man flush nervously as he turns to meet her azure eyes. She smiles, seductively as she approaches him. "My lord, if it is the cold that keeps you from sleeping, allow me to be the pyre which keeps you warm~" she purred, slipping against him, her arms wrapping around his chest. The young man is unsure how to react, face flustered and his heart in his throat as the Izulan Neko pulls him away from the white sandy beach towards the village.

"Shh..." She stops him, pressing her fingers, the sharp claws barely touching his flesh as she shushes him. "Soon you will be forced to kill those that once, stood at our side. It will be difficult, but you must not fear your cause. Must not doubt what you face. Take everything head on and accept the consequences like any true man of Beijio. Tonight, you are no longer a boy. You'll be a man who lead your troops to victory." She says to him with a determined smirk, before pulling his face to hers. Their kiss is passionate and warm, which throws the silent young man off.

Once she pulls away, he sees her blushing, beautiful features and grins. "I am Maktasa of Izula, and I shall warm thy bed till you sleep." the Neko explained, arms linking with his as she lead him to her shack.

Ryunoshi Island, May 2630

Tsukioka lays to rest members of the Captain Kurogasa's unit. For four, long and bloody months an Imperial Assassin had been running amok of Ryunoshi. They called him Shin Takemaru, but it was unclear if the name was a false one. All the Captain of Squad 7 could tell is that many more of their Hiitengumi brothers and sisters were being cut down. He sighs heavily, wiping his forehead of sweat and dirt after pitching the shovel into the patch of dirt beside the grave; when a courier approaches.

"Captain..." he says, handing him a scroll. "A hawk arrived yesterday from Izula." he announced. Curious, the young man takes the scroll. It is weather beaten, and the writing is poor. But he can read the simple text and signature which filled him with a mix of emotions:

"She's a healthy human girl, our daughter. Red eyed, platinum hair. Be safe. Maktasa."

The young man closed his eyes, grinning. He found his reason to continue this fruitless war. He wouldn't let himself be slain by this assassin, nor would he deprive his undying unit of their families. He'll ensure their safety till the end, and condemn his enemies to the void if he had to.
Revan Uptincross
Revan Uptincross
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down