Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karadin's Butchery and Tannery

Go down

Karadin's Butchery and Tannery  Empty Karadin's Butchery and Tannery

Post  Captain Karadin Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:22 am

(from here)

Not too far from where Karadin slaughtered the lizardmen for their supplies, meat, sport, and... to get out some of his pent up frustration through savage yet efficient killing strokes, he made his way deep into the Furs, and then to a lift he made-

A mini-dridder popped up as he got onto the lift, poking his hand with a sharp stick, making the Captain irritated.

"Password!"

She hissed. She was but the size of a mouse, and Karadin rolled his eyes and swatted her off the platform without a word, the creature screamed before hitting the ground! It was fine however, and upon collecting herself the creature rasp-berried him. He tugged on the pulleys, pulling himself, and his sled up the side of a granite cliff- more like a large boulder that grew into a stony hill when the earth shifted millennia ago. He was a strong man, a Scardian enhanced with the Crimson Gene, he was able to lift himself, the cart, and the two bodies of the bulky lizards up with relative ease- he was also a hardened old bastard who didn't know when to quit.

Once at the top, he pulled the lock into place and dragged his sled of 'meat' over to multiple fire pits he had. He had a smoker, a tanner, and a fire pit that would have been for a massive feast in his home of Kilwood, and he thought of his old friend Vod, who became his enemy back in Tenik years... He closed his eyes and sighed. "Hope you're living better than I, old friend. And your sons..."

"Old Man Moss!" Cried a trio of mini-dridder which snapped him back to his senses. "Do you officially declare your surrender to the Minki Tribe?!" They barked.

He glanced down at the little creatures and he sighed. "Again... there is no surrender. Your grandmother helped me craft this lift, and its ours. Together. Now, do you want animal bones? Or will I finally be allowed to shoo the rest of you off the cliff with my boot? Eh? I'm too old and tired."

The creatures snarled, before he pointed at the lizards. "You can have their trinkets too."

To this the creatures jibbered amongst each other and its then he cleared his throat. "BY the way, I didn't appreciate your guard prodding me. Passwords now? Among old friends? Are you trying to pull a fast one on me ladies?" He asked, hands on his hips.

The creatures paused, snarled, then went back to their jibbering. He sighed, rolling his eyes, walking back to the sled while they deliberated and he prepared the flesh. Skinning lizardmen felt off, it wasn't too far from skinning a human if you thought about it in a morbid manner... just taller and scalier. He pushed such thoughts from his mind as he peeled the scaly flesh to be tanned, harvested the fat for all sorts of uses, including bug repellent. He tried to harvest the blood for a cocktail once; one of the dridder called it the 'Dew' or 'Dew special' named after the other island bogeyman he never had the fortune of meeting. It was awful.

He continued to break the creatures down, harvesting the intestines for sausage casings, and boiled the flesh from the bones, giving both to the dridders who helped him make the lift to this high off camp ground. He could see smoke yet, from that fresh crash site... he didn't know if there were survivors, and quite honestly... didn't care. It was all the same. People died, then get replaced. The Island drew them in. Kept them there. It was a prison like no other.

He let the dridder bicker as he sprung up his hammock and leaned back, arms folded behind his head and closed his eyes... napping for now while he let the dridder do with the rest of the carcasses as they pleased. It was part of their deal, again. They also gathered supplies for him at his ship, his main housing unit... maybe, heh... he'll be able to fly the old bird again... even if its for a few short minutes before he crashed and burnt up like he was supposed to have, all those years back...
Captain Karadin
Captain Karadin
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum