Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields

3 posters

Go down

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields Empty The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields

Post  Chalis Willowsteel Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:55 am

(from here)

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields 897563516db3232df431f16eb5ebb1cb

Captain Chalis Willowsteel's Police Akira 9600 brought both the titular commanding officer and the rookie officer to the majestic countryside, no longer surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city and beaches of Breland. Said rookie, Scott Wyvernbane who was clinging to her back since they left the BCPD Garage, had been awfully quiet since they departed. "You holding up well, Rookie?" She asked her understudy. "Mu-Irzik is unfortunately in the depths of the Rolan Fields, and it can take a while to get there. If you wanna chat, go for it, I don't bite Rook." explained the woman officer, her blue eyes shifting from the road to her mirror, to look at the young man hugging her back and lower stomach.
Chalis Willowsteel
Chalis Willowsteel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Drakk, The Rabbit Slayer and Scott Wyvernbane like this post

Back to top Go down

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields Empty Re: The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields

Post  Scott Wyvernbane Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:24 am

Scott was trying his best to simply keep himself seated to the high-speed bike as Captain Chalis carted them off into the rolling hills of Rolan outside of Breland's modern infrastructure. All he could see for miles were rolling hills and pastures, with the occasional farm dotting the landscape. It was around the time he was just getting 'settled in' when the Captain called back to him. "I'm doing my best Cap," Scott began. "I just wasn't expecting a high speed drive into the countryside when I woke up this morning! You sure there won't actually be a dragon at the end of this road? I'd rather not test out if my surname can live up to the real thing, ya'know?" He answered his incredibly hot superior officer.
Scott Wyvernbane
Scott Wyvernbane
Private
Private

Chalis Willowsteel likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields Empty Re: The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields

Post  Chalis Willowsteel Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:21 am

Scott Wyvernbane wrote:Scott was trying his best to simply keep himself seated to the high-speed bike as Captain Chalis carted them off into the rolling hills of Rolan outside of Breland's modern infrastructure. All he could see for miles were rolling hills and pastures, with the occasional farm dotting the landscape. It was around the time he was just getting 'settled in' when the Captain called back to him. "I'm doing my best Cap," Scott began. "I just wasn't expecting a high speed drive into the countryside when I woke up this morning! You sure there won't actually be a dragon at the end of this road? I'd rather not test out if my surname can live up to the real thing, ya'know?" He answered his incredibly hot superior officer.

"Sheesh, that all you're worried about?" Commented the Captain who shook her head as she returns her eyes to the road ahead. "Look, I've seen a lot of things here in Rolan. I've seen vanishing bars; Leprechauns, Elves and Goblins interacting with one another peacefully which doesn't happen often AT ALL; I've seen a pair of young men so cracked out on fairy dust that they should've been dead, and they wrecked the popular brothel in town. I've seen ghosts, and the monsters that live in the subway tunnels to Renoa. But I have yet to see a dragon land out here. I've seen big ass lizards, lizard people and a half draconian once or twice, but they all know not to land in Renoa. Its just not worth it unless they're after cattle, but not be so bold as to claim an entire dairy farm to their own! I'm not sure why, but since Illurich Island north of Rolan was left well enough alone by locals, the beasties tend to keep to themselves. And its Goblins we're talking about here... they over exaggerate much simply to try and get you into one of their situational contracts, and they can't lay much to claim nor even destroy Rolan if they wanted to with a dragon or any other magical beast because the Spirits of Rolan prevent such calamities. Its why Rolan is world wide neutral zone for centuries, why the Gunslinger Association has little presence here other than issuing bounties or protection detail, why militaries don't post themselves here unless they are from the country or made from it, like the Rolanian Elves or the DCR. Its why the Rolonian Syndicate nor the DCR can wipe out one another either. Its the will of the Spirits of Rolan, and Rolan doesn't want the country harmed." She explained as they continued down the road.

"And if you're worried about losing your life today? Don't think about it, rookies don't die on the first day of the job, especially ones looked after by me!" She added, bringing the bike up to a small service station that was essentially a shack with a pair of tanks up front for refueling. "Need a pitstop? If so, nows your chance. I'm gonna make a quick report to dispatch." Chalis explained, before pulling up her visor and brought the radio from her bike to her lips. "Captain Chalis Willowsteel and Officer Scott Wyvernbane of Unit 13 reporting in. We're at the midway point to Mu-Irzik now," She paused, cupping her pretty blue eyes and then continued. "...looks like significant structural damage, no smoke nor fires. Looks suspicious, will continue on ahead so please standbye. Over." Chalis finished.

Under her helmet, the Captain sighed heavily.

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields Annoyed

Dammit... what are those damn gremlins up to now? How can they even break apart a structure created by a War God?? Chalis asked herself, but it was almost impossible to understand the ways of the Goblinkin. They're just as bad as the Kitsunes... ugh... what a pain... this has a deskload of paperwork all over it! lamented the overworked Captain of Unit 13. "Oi, Scott, grab me the strongest caffeine they got here, I'm gonna need it..." The woman addressed to her fellow officer, whom she watched with her lidded, azure gaze.
Chalis Willowsteel
Chalis Willowsteel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wyvernbane Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:50 am

"..." Scott was quiet as his superior explained her rather laidback demeanor, but it didn't help that he felt something was wrong. He couldn't quite explain it, but something was definitely wrong with the situation they were getting into. He took off his helmet to let out some of the hot air that now condensed his bangs and made his face red with sweat. The ride was both harrowing and thrilling, and being up and close with the Captain was its own bonus in his mind. She asked him to grab some coffee for her and he nodded. "No prob, Cap'!" He called back before entering the quaint 'Midway Point' Refueling Station.

Scott wasn't gone long, arriving with a Styrofoam cup of coffee and handed it to the woman who was messing with the radio yet. "The strongest they had is this odd brand, "Katsumi's something another", imported from Beijio. The guy behind the counter said it's the trucker and smuggler's choice of coffee but don't expect to sleep for a while." He chuckled, dubious of its authenticity; he was sure the owner only wanted to strong arm a city kid into buying an expensive imported coffee brand. "Here ya are." He said, handing her the cup as he sat on the back of the bike. "So, how long have you been with the Breland Guard?" He asked the woman suddenly.
Scott Wyvernbane
Scott Wyvernbane
Private
Private

Chalis Willowsteel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chalis Willowsteel Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:36 am

Chalis shrugged, taking off her helmet as well to get some fresh air and to easily enjoy the coffee. "I'll take it, a long as it's hot." She replied, taking the cup in hand and began to slurp at it, not even really tasting it as she did. "...Hmm?" She glanced back at him, before looking up as if to ponder it then and there. "How long have I been in Unit 13...? Hmm... I'd say, perhaps... six or seven years now? I was in my early twenties when my luck seemed to run out everywhere else. I had been denied entry to the Izhevesk Royal Military for any odd reason, the ADN thought I was too 'aggressive' and kicked me out while the Scardian Foreign Legion didn't jive with me well. I wanted to actually mean something, put my skills to use. I was a mercenary for a time, then Rita sent me a resume, told me to sign it so I did. Next thing you know I'm a Breland Guard Cadet and in three months Captain of Unit 13, which had been always seen as unlucky till I took over it and made it the most successful unit in the Breland Guard." She paused, took another sip, then turned to him with her tired blue eyes. "...and still is, in spite of its low attendees and numbers as of late." She added, reaching over and patting the taller Scotty's head! Captain Chalis continued: "Many went off to other jobs after last year so I've been running around and doing my own thing as of late. I haven't even had time to meet with all the new bounty hunters yet, but I know Mai and BB well enough, in spite of the handful of occasions we've actually had a chance to talk. Damn this coffee is great? How much caffeine are in the beans? I feel like a live wire!" She exclaimed, before taking another long sip. "Anyway, we should get going soon," Chalis immediately changed the subject, turning to face the arena in the distance. "It bothers me, that there are sections of that Arena in actual distress... though I'm sure its the Goblins at fault. Wouldn't put it past them. Probably should prepare some tickets ahead of time..." she began, writing down the names of the goblins she could remember, before something felt off... Wait... wasn't I not supposed to do something with Goblins...? I can't remember now... She thought, blinking rapidly as Katsumi's God Source caffeine began to super energize the Captain's body!
Chalis Willowsteel
Chalis Willowsteel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Wyvernbane Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:10 am

"Huh... 'aggressive'?" He gulped and kept his other thoughts to himself as she explained everything, and quickly got more hyper with every sip. "Maybe you shouldn't be drinking that in one sitting, Captain...I think I overestimated its strength." He chuckled nervously as the woman began signing tickets ahead of time. The woman's built like a super soldier and instead she plays a glorified security job. Gods, Galiavan is very odd indeed... Scott sighed.

She brought up the destruction of the structure of the arena, which was visible for miles apparently given both could see the arena sparkling on the horizon. "What the- how is that even possible? Doesn't that place like, self repairs?" Scott asked.
Scott Wyvernbane
Scott Wyvernbane
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakk, The Rabbit Slayer Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:45 pm

(from here)

There was no sound to indicate his arrival, only ion orbs which bounced across the hillsides and around the pair of officers, followed by Drakk's massive green, scaly body!

The Rolling Hills of Rolan's Fields Dragsaur_Drakk

Drakk's now thunderous steps shook the ground around the Midway Point, forcing the one store attendant to flee into the rolling hills and leave the pair of officers to face the creature alone!

He had walked a considerable distance from the Arena's stands, and these were the first set of humans he had been able to interact with in centuries! Petrified scales like a shell continued to break apart and descend his body, the crimson red eyes were cast upon the pair in blue. Hmm... humans. Official ones from their dress. I need to gather information from them! He thought, as his active ion blasts continued to bounce about the area!
Drakk, The Rabbit Slayer
Drakk, The Rabbit Slayer
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down