The Graywatch Longhouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:16 am

The Graywatch longhouse was the largest home in the village, sitting at the top of the thoroughfare. The massive stone and ironwood edifice was a 3 storey house and home of the Graywatch family. Their patriarch is Vodveilk Graywatch, the current village chief, and his father Veldik was chief before him. Veldik Graywatch serves these days as the villages shaman and healer, a skill passed on to the elder chiefs of the village once they have grown to old to lead from the front. Much like their kin, the Grayswifts, the Graywatch family specialises as warriors, soldiers, mercenaries and other fighting jobs. Their ground floor served their business front, as well as the shaman's quarters to treat the sick and injured, or to perform various religious practices. The upper floors served as the family home. And the attic and basement served as stores for supplies and other family treasures and personal possessions.

Vodveilk sat at the head of his long dining table eating his meals with his family, while the desk clerk was busy downstairs setting up the running of the days businesses, wether it be for the village, or the family business.

"Hrmm, these rumors circulating about the trouble coming in from all over. War is brewing, demonic incursions are increasing like the plague... Havn't heard of troubles like these since before the wars against Sephiroth, or the final Raid incident," Vodveilk muttered over a cup of coffee, some of it catching on his beard.

"Vodveilk, Don't talk and drink at the same time..." Aurelia Graywatch chastised as she took a napkin and wiped her husband's soiled beard of his coffee residue. Vodveilk grumped slightly. "Don't be too wound up yet Vodveilk, the troubles havn't even hit Scaadia yet. No point in getting worked up until something does happen. Besides, we have enough troubles among our own people. Like that Nazeem swaggering and strutting about like a pompous ass from Cretu, or Beijio. 'Do you get to the capital often? oh what am I saying, of course you don't', He literally says that to every passer by, and multiple times daily to the other viiillagers. Then there is the problem with Cracius and his bumbling alchemy experiments blowing up every few weeks and scaring the animals and children..."

"Alright, alright, I'll talk to them this afternoon Aurelia" sighed Vodveilk as he took another spoonful of cereal into his mouth, trying to not sound so disappointed. it had been many moons since he last had a decent battle.


Last edited by Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:32 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:35 am

Admittedly, it had been overdue since she last visited the Graywatch Longhouse; it was partially the reason why she agreed to delivering the packages. In spite of the pinch of nervousness in her gut, she physically bore it and was undeterred in her task, walking up the elevated path leading to the longhouse. She could see some of the servants working the garden on the outside as she passed. They seem to not pay her much attention or simply scowled at her. Still, and unflinchingly, Nessy continued her journey with a defiant smile upon her face. She got around to the front of the home, and pressed a buzzer beside the door with her elbow, as to alert the arrival of her presence; her small form shifting the armored coat set inside the box to make carrying it more comfortable.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:45 am

The clerk, Bartoc , pressed the buzzer on the desk to open the doors. And when he saw who was on the other side, his face remained impassive. "Ah, hello Nessvyn. here to see old man Graywatch and get yourself scowled at?" he said.

"I don't envy you your mission there little lady... that man is harder to break out of habit than talking a dog off a meat truck..."
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:18 am

Random Mobs wrote:The clerk, Bartoc , pressed the buzzer on the desk to open the doors. And when he saw who was on the other side, his face remained impassive. "Ah, hello Nessvyn. here to see old man Graywatch and get yourself scowled at?" he said.

"I don't envy you your mission there little lady... that man is harder to break out of habit than talking a dog off a meat truck..."

"Heh, sometimes you just have to grin and bear it," Ness started, chuckling nervously. "I'm just here to deliver Thea her brooch and her fiance's armor coat--what have I told you about not calling me little Bartoc?!" she suddenly screamed, bearing her Impish fangs at the intercom, and would have pulled the box off the wall if her arms were not already full! That old blacksmith was wise packaging the materials before handing them off to Nessvyn.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:44 am

Nessvyn wrote:"Heh, sometimes you just have to grin and bear it," Ness started, chuckling nervously. "I'm just here to deliver Thea her brooch and her fiance's armor coat--what have I told you about not calling me little Bartoc?!" she suddenly screamed, bearing her Impish fangs at the intercom, and would have pulled the box off the wall if her arms were not already full! That old blacksmith was wise packaging the materials before handing them off to Nessvyn.

"Ugh... It's going to be one of those days is it?.... Hold on Ness, I'll buzz you in..." came Bartoc's groaning reply over the intercom before he pressed a second button, and a low pitched buzzing sound came through the door, and a metallic click indicated the door was unblocked and unlocked for Nessvyn's entry.

When she walked in, she could see Bartoc's less than thrilled, and somewhat downtrodden demeanor on his face. He thumbed the direction of the staircase. "They are upstairs, madam..." he said with somewhat sour grapes, fully expecting an earful from the vertically challenged half imp, half hobbit young woman.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:29 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:"Heh, sometimes you just have to grin and bear it," Ness started, chuckling nervously. "I'm just here to deliver Thea her brooch and her fiance's armor coat--what have I told you about not calling me little Bartoc?!" she suddenly screamed, bearing her Impish fangs at the intercom, and would have pulled the box off the wall if her arms were not already full! That old blacksmith was wise packaging the materials before handing them off to Nessvyn.

"Ugh... It's going to be one of those days is it?.... Hold on Ness, I'll buzz you in..." came Bartoc's groaning reply over the intercom before he pressed a second button, and a low pitched buzzing sound came through the door, and a metallic click indicated the door was unblocked and unlocked for Nessvyn's entry.

When she walked in, she could see Bartoc's less than thrilled, and somewhat downtrodden demeanor on his face. He thumbed the direction of the staircase. "They are upstairs, madam..." he said with somewhat sour grapes, fully expecting an earful from the vertically challenged half imp, half hobbit young woman.

She grabbed a hold of his shirt, forcing him to hunch down as she looked up at him. She had her teeth clenched, and she looked absolutely pissed. "I've told you never to call me a sub-atomic shrimp that can be barely seen by a microscope!!" she exclaimed, though a part of her did know he didn't say any such thing, she was just too furious to think straight. "Call me little again and perhaps I'll turn YOU into a COAT?!" she exclaimed, her voice echoing within the home. She then let go of him, grabbing her packages again and headed up the stairs, face turned away with a harrumph and headed up the stairs, closing her eyes. Her breasts bobbing against the packaging as she headed up in quieting anger.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 am

Bartoc harrumphed himself. He mumbled away from Nessvyn's "Yeah, just another day at work, get yelled at... death threats, and now the neighbours proud princess gets all shitty when anyone even mentions that she is vertically challenged, even in endearment or in jest. It's not anyones fault she is short and small... It's not even a bad thing, but she wants to chew the ass off of everyone who even mentions it... Won't make may friends *mumble mumble*"

Once Nessvyn made the trip upstairs and away from the groused Bartoc, she would enter the upstairs dining room where the Graywatch family were eating their breakfast. And she would almost immediately catch Vodveilk, the elder patriarch's cold critical stare. "Who let the half-imp in my halls while I am eating?!" he boomed out, the deep baritones and high octaves of his grumbling voice rattled the walls slightly.

Aurelia scowled deeply at her husband, and immediately clipped his year. "Don't be so bloody rude Vodvelik!" she chastised much more harshly this time, earning her a frown from the elder man. Aurelia turned to Nessvyn and with a smile that was still a half scowl at her husband for a moment, and said "I apologise dear. How can we help you today?"
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:12 am

Random Mobs wrote:Bartoc harrumphed himself. He mumbled away from Nessvyn's "Yeah, just another day at work, get yelled at... death threats, and now the neighbours proud princess gets all shitty when anyone even mentions that she is vertically challenged, even in endearment or in jest. It's not anyones fault she is short and small... It's not even a bad thing, but she wants to chew the ass off of everyone who even mentions it... Won't make may friends *mumble mumble*"

Once Nessvyn made the trip upstairs and away from the groused Bartoc, she would enter the upstairs dining room where the Graywatch family were eating their breakfast. And she would almost immediately catch Vodveilk, the elder patriarch's cold critical stare. "Who let the half-imp in my halls while I am eating?!" he boomed out, the deep baritones and high octaves of his grumbling voice rattled the walls slightly.

Aurelia scowled deeply at her husband, and immediately clipped his year. "Don't be so bloody rude Vodvelik!" she chastised much more harshly this time, earning her a frown from the elder man. Aurelia turned to Nessvyn and with a smile that was still a half scowl at her husband for a moment, and said "I apologise dear. How can we help you today?"

Ness paused, cringing slightly at the Elder Graywatch's booming voice echo though out the hall. She looked up to see Aurelia chastise her husband and smiled her cheery smile despite Vodvelik's rude introduction. "Its okay, honestly I'm fine!" she starts, chuckling nervously as she raises the boxes. "These are for Thea, her brooch and her fiance's heirloom armored coat. Sorry to have barged in when I had, I just figured I'd save you the trip!" she says walking towards them. She didn't see either of the sons at the table; they had two living boys, one in adulthood about her age, and the other younger. "I don't see either of the strapping lads today, are they busy?" she asked, as she held the boxes albeit awkwardly with Thea no where to be seen either at the moment.

avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:23 am

Nessvyn wrote:Ness paused, cringing slightly at the Elder Graywatch's booming voice echo though out the hall. She looked up to see Aurelia chastise her husband and smiled her cheery smile despite Vodvelik's rude introduction. "Its okay, honestly I'm fine!" she starts, chuckling nervously as she raises the boxes. "These are for Thea, her brooch and her fiance's heirloom armored coat. Sorry to have barged in when I had, I just figured I'd save you the trip!" she says walking towards them. She didn't see either of the sons at the table; they had two living boys, one in adulthood about her age, and the other younger. "I don't see either of the strapping lads today, are they busy?" she asked, as she held the boxes albeit awkwardly with Thea no where to be seen either at the moment.

Aurelia smiled in gratitude as Vodvelk snorted slightly. "Ah thankyou Nessvyn, we really appreciate the gesture." Aurelia said as she took the larger of the two boxes from Ness and put it aside, before taking the smaller box and placing it on the table itself. "Jerrod is off hunting, and Arnold and Thea are upstairs in their rooms, they don't enjoy coming down while their father is eating."

Vodvelk again grumbled into his bread and salted beef stew. He could guess what Aurelia meant. "Not something this one needs to learn about, dear wife..." he warned in a low tone.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:54 am

Random Mobs wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:Ness paused, cringing slightly at the Elder Graywatch's booming voice echo though out the hall. She looked up to see Aurelia chastise her husband and smiled her cheery smile despite Vodvelik's rude introduction. "Its okay, honestly I'm fine!" she starts, chuckling nervously as she raises the boxes. "These are for Thea, her brooch and her fiance's heirloom armored coat. Sorry to have barged in when I had, I just figured I'd save you the trip!" she says walking towards them. She didn't see either of the sons at the table; they had two living boys, one in adulthood about her age, and the other younger. "I don't see either of the strapping lads today, are they busy?" she asked, as she held the boxes albeit awkwardly with Thea no where to be seen either at the moment.

Aurelia smiled in gratitude as Vodvelk snorted slightly. "Ah thankyou Nessvyn, we really appreciate the gesture." Aurelia said as she took the larger of the two boxes from Ness and put it aside, before taking the smaller box and placing it on the table itself. "Jerrod is off hunting, and Arnold and Thea are upstairs in their rooms, they don't enjoy coming down while their father is eating."

Vodvelk again grumbled into his bread and salted beef stew. He could guess what Aurelia meant. "Not something this one needs to learn about, dear wife..." he warned in a low tone.

"Huh, Jerrod's been hunting often the past few months. You could have sworn the forest be under populated at this point!" she joked, before looking away from Vod and Aurelia chuckling. "Thanks Aunt Aurelia, I'm sorry to bother you both; I'll show myself out. Enjoy your breakfast Unc--Vodvelk." she corrected herself quickly, noting his cold stare before nodding and began backing away and headed back down the stairway. She made her way past Bartoc, waving to him as if their previous engagement was non existent. "Hey Bartoc, keep up the fine work, just don't call me a sub-atomic shrimp next time, kay?" She says kind heartedly, laughing as she exits the home.

Back outside, she sighed heavily. "Ugh... I think my chances for joining the Graywatch is as good as nil at this point." she says to herself. She decided it was best to return to Doomhammer, and grab her ring blade. She may do some hunting herself, or help with some of the logging.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:10 am

After Nessvyn departed, Aurelia turned to Vodvelk and looked at him sternly. "Do you have to treat the poor girl like at Vod? She tries so hard and does so much to help our village, and yet you still treat her like something you scraped off of your boot."

Vod looked at Aurelia, and the mixed emotions burned behind his eyes. "She is half outsider, and half demon, Aurelia. You know as well as I do that demons cannot be trusted!"

"You said it yourself Vod, she is only half demon, and even then, she has done nothing to earn our scorn. Her only real flaw, if you can call it that, is that she dislikes being short. If that's the worst of her flaws, then she may as well have been an angel, because with what she has put up with from you and half the village, your lucky she hasn't turned feral."

"That's not the point Aurelia..." Vod said, but went silent on the issue.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:22 am

Ness followed Elrich to the Longhouse. Many other villagers were heading the same way. It was common for people to flock to their leader in times of need. Still though, Ness couldn't shake the sinking suspicion something was off. Something more personal to the village was at risk. She choked it up to nerves and continued by Elrich's side. "Master Doomhammer, did you hear that sound earlier?" she asked, feeling a tad worried.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:54 am

Elrich slowed down a little for Nessvyn's sake and nodded slowly. "The Dragon of the Steppe... She has awoken... That explosion either awoke her, or frightened her away. We had some hunters outside the village who have not reported in... including Jarrod. Claudia was also last seen heading to the outskirts a few hours ago, and we have not heard from any of them since. Radios are down thanks to that explosion's EMP."

They headed upstairs without the leave of Bartoc, who was trying to calm everyone down.

Vodvelk was getting more and more frustrated and scared, Aurelia was trying to keep the patriarch calm as people rushed in and out of the place.

With a single move, Eldrich placed the head of his hammer on the table, which, while the Table withstood the heavy black steel head admirably, boomed loud enough to silence the frenetic hustle.

"Listen boss, we still got hunters outside the village unaccounted for, and that explosion roused 'her' from slumber. The Dragon of the Gods Steppe is loose, I heard her roar. We need to send search parties. But I am also aware.... I may be sent away to ithteca to assess the damage and help with repairs there... It's up to you Vod."

Vodvelk's eyes widened in disbelief at the words of the smith and one of his oldest friends. "No El. I won't be sending you to the ADN's aid when you are needed right here, especially if the Dragon has awakened again!"

Eldrich shook his head. "Whatever happened there in the capital may be the far greater threat Vod. If we could see it from here, it means the entire capital could be wiped out... You do not want another war brought to our doorstep. If you are worried about repairs for weapons, you need look no farther than right here." He placed his hand on Nessvyn's shoulder.

Vod's eyes cast down to the half imp and turned slightly bloodshot. "I will not..." he began in a grumbling growl, but was cut off by Eldrich immediately.

"Yes you will!" he shouted. "Gods damn it man, I don;t know what you think she did to deserve your scorn, but unless you have a real, tangible reason to hate Ness, you are going to stop this foolishness before you end up putting the village through something it can ill afford to pay!"

Vodvelk's eyes narrowed dangerously at Eldrich. "You do not truly understand who or what she really is Eldrich... Do not question..." he tried again, but again, the fearless blacksmith cut him off.

"I know exactly who and what she is, Graywatch, she is a valued member of this village, a capable seamstress and blacksmith, and a talented hunter. She does more for this village than most, and yet you only see the horns, you see something to blame for your own grievances. You let your rage punish one who is innocent and did you no wrong. You, who once never judged a person solely by looks or reputation, you never gave her a chance to be anything but your enemy. If you do this, I and my family WILL leave this village behind, and I know many of us will do the same... You have a choice beyond the immediate crisis Vod, Don't waste it."
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:12 pm

"The Dragon? I thought those tale were, well, tales! To keep kids and foolish hunters from going too far in the woods...I know there's wyverns but, a true blue dragon?" She exclaimed, shooting a glance from Doomhammer to the long house doors. It was crowded, and loud. At her height it was hard to see, but Elrich cleared a way for her after he swung his hammer down with a BANG.

She stepped forth listening to the conversation silently, only making a slight squeak when the blacksmith clapped her shoulder. She looked to Doomhammer with wide eyes. "A-are you sure? I mean I'm honored! I'd be happy to take the reins!" she said with a grin to her Master. "That Dragon had better watch out then, or she'll taste my blade!" she said rather confidently. "I mean, I'm a member of the Greyswifts, relatives to the Greywatch family and I have both families interests in mind. I can't let our reputation go south!" she explained, her ring blade clinking behind her as she smiled.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Vodvelk smiled sinisterly looking at Eldric as Nessvyn spoke her proclamation. "You want to know the real truth Doomhammer? fine! She is half demon! She is a spawn of a demon and a traitor! Her mother nearly burned this village to the ground, and her father tried to get me to spare her and the insideous demons she came here with! Now, we have some real demon problems coming in reports to us, all over the world, we have demon towers coming out of the ground, unlike anything we've ever seen before. Not even the Sephiroth wars saw anything like this! Monsters far beyond the usual throng of demons are coming out of those towers and killing anything that gets close, that included the Guardians Gorge... Right where you want to go."

Vod turned his smouldering steely gaze at Ness next. "You, you little demonspawn, your kind are responsible for the murder of two of my sons. Don't think for a moment I can give you leeway because it wasn't by your own claws that they died..."

The constant noise down below suddenly lessened and died off during the argument. And Eldrich's moustache twitched slightly.

A thumping step came up the staircase, before they saw a horrid sight.

Jarrod, dragging his sword up the steps, covered in blood and bruisses, and carrying his bow as a sling for his shattered arm.

Eldric acted first. "Dear Sca'rd boy!" Eldrik said astonished as he reached out, Jarrod collapsed into the Smith. "What happened?!" Vodvelk and Amelia were immediately by their son's side immediately afraid of losing another child. And judging from the horrific injuries that were visible, it looked like he had been mauled by angry storm giants.

"GET ME SOME GOD DAMN DOCTORS IN HERE!!" Vod roared to the staff downstairs. bartoc immediately called for someone, while he ordered another staff memebr to get the evac chopper going incase they needed to fly Jarrod to the hospital.

"D.....Drrrr...agon... took Claudia... She's... dead..." Jarrod wheezed out, before falling into unconsciousness.

Eldric and Vodvelk looked at eachother. Their stern faces shared the same concern. "Vod... I'm going to be preparing the arsenal and show Nessvyn how to help you... We have two big problems to deal with, and I can't be here for both of them... You are going to have to set aside your personal feelings towards her and do what you know is best for the village... and the world..."

Vodvelk looked into the unconscious face of his son, his mind whirred like a pair of gears trying to find something. But in the next moment, his eyes met Vod's, and he gave a slight nod of agreement.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Narumeia on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:54 am

As soon as Jarrod fell into the arms of the blacksmith, one of Naru's butterflies which had followed the young man, making sure he would get to the long house in one piece landed on a window sill, viewing the scene from outside. No one took notice of her spying insect, and it was then Naru heard someone speaking up to her from outside her cage. Her butterflies quickly began to deteriorate, becoming a low pink light before 'popping' silently like a bubble; the energy drifting every which way.
avatar
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Posts : 127
Join date : 2016-02-27

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:11 am

Random Mobs wrote:Vodvelk smiled sinisterly looking at Eldric as Nessvyn spoke her proclamation. "You want to know the real truth Doomhammer? fine! She is half demon! She is a spawn of a demon and a traitor! Her mother nearly burned this village to the ground, and her father tried to get me to spare her and the insideous demons she came here with! Now, we have some real demon problems coming in reports to us, all over the world, we have demon towers coming out of the ground, unlike anything we've ever seen before. Not even the Sephiroth wars saw anything like this! Monsters far beyond the usual throng of demons are coming out of those towers and killing anything that gets close, that included the Guardians Gorge... Right where you want to go."

Vod turned his smouldering steely gaze at Ness next. "You, you little demonspawn, your kind are responsible for the murder of two of my sons. Don't think for a moment I can give you leeway because it wasn't by your own claws that they died..."

The constant noise down below suddenly lessened and died off during the argument. And Eldrich's moustache twitched slightly.

A thumping step came up the staircase, before they saw a horrid sight.

Jarrod, dragging his sword up the steps, covered in blood and bruisses, and carrying his bow as a sling for his shattered arm.

Eldric acted first. "Dear Sca'rd boy!" Eldrik said astonished as he reached out, Jarrod collapsed into the Smith. "What happened?!" Vodvelk and Amelia were immediately by their son's side immediately afraid of losing another child. And judging from the horrific injuries that were visible, it looked like he had been mauled by angry storm giants.

"GET ME SOME GOD DAMN DOCTORS IN HERE!!" Vod roared to the staff downstairs. bartoc immediately called for someone, while he ordered another staff memebr to get the evac chopper going incase they needed to fly Jarrod to the hospital.

"D.....Drrrr...agon... took Fiona... She's... dead..." Jarrod wheezed out, before falling into unconsciousness.

Eldric and Vodvelk looked at eachother. Their stern faces shared the same concern. "Vod... I'm going to be preparing the arsenal and show Nessvyn how to help you... We have two big problems to deal with, and I can't be here for both of them... You are going to have to set aside your personal feelings towards her and do what you know is best for the village... and the world..."

Vodvelk looked into the unconscious face of his son, his mind whirred like a pair of gears trying to find something. But in the next moment, his eyes met Vod's, and he gave a slight nod of agreement.

Ness winced at being called demon spawn, her outward pointed ears drooping slightly. "I'm..." she then turned to the sound of someone entering the hall. Many gasped, Ness included as Jarrod entered, stumbling into Elrich. Ness's jaw dropped, looking down at the young man. He was perhaps the strongest of the hunters in the village, but to see him like this, it was heart breaking. "Oh no...." she wondered how the children of the village were going to take the news of Ms. Hillcloud's passing. She thought she felt another pair of eyes and looked towards the window instinctively. She saw a curious butterfly, larger and glowing faintly before vanishing like mist. She blinked, thinking it couldn't have been real, but she could still see traces of it being there before the energy dissipated. "What was that?" she thought, blinking her emerald eyes again.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:37 pm

In a few more moments, Dr. Heine Westenfluss arrived with his medical team. Jarrod was gently handed over to the good doctor to begin his field treatment, which began with a sedative, several sutures, bandages and splints. "Get the stretcher. We need to get this boy to Cetu general Hospital. He needs surgery." Vod explained that Bartoc already had the chopper ready for evac, and the doctor nodded. Amelia insisted on accompanying her son, and Dr.Westenfluss agreed. Once Jarrod was stable on the stretcher, he was carted down the stairs with all due haste. Vodvelk looked sternly at Eldrik and Nessvyn. "Do what you must... And Ness, if you prove yourself in this crisis, you will have earned my respect."

With those words, Vod returned to his provate chambers to prepare himself. Eldrik nodded to the cheiftain, his mouth a grim thin line.

"Well then... I guess you have your chance, Ness..."
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Random Mobs wrote:In a few more moments, Dr. Heine Westenfluss arrived with his medical team. Jarrod was gently handed over to the good doctor to begin his field treatment, which began with a sedative, several sutures, bandages and splints. "Get the stretcher. We need to get this boy to Cetu general Hospital. He needs surgery." Vod explained that Bartoc already had the chopper ready for evac, and the doctor nodded. Amelia insisted on accompanying her son, and Dr.Westenfluss agreed. Once Jarrod was stable on the stretcher, he was carted down the stairs with all due haste. Vodvelk looked sternly at Eldrik and Nessvyn. "Do what you must... And Ness, if you prove yourself in this crisis, you will have earned my respect."

With those words, Vod returned to his private chambers to prepare himself. Eldrik nodded to the cheiftain, his mouth a grim thin line.

"Well then... I guess you have your chance, Ness..."

Ness nodded, watching them take Jarrod away. "Looks like it..." she says, her tone light with a slight sense of unease. However, the image of that dissipating butterfly made her feel confident yet. "Not that I'm feeling insecure, but do you think the Dragon will attack the village tonight?" she asked turning to Elrich. "How exactly...big is it?" she asked, which was surprising considering she never liked to talk about height. "What I mean is... do you think its likely it will prey upon us soon?" she asked, her face also surprisingly serious, lacking her impish charm for once. Fiona was...well a meaty girl. For a Wyvern, she'd make a fitting meal, and wouldn't have to eat again for perhaps a week or two. But this full fledged dragon... was Fiona a meal? Or simply a snack....

avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:18 am

Eldrik nodded solemly and said "I think we should operate under the assumption that the beast can and will attack us at any time. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. I need to set up some new rules regarding hunters and scouts... perhaps even the village guardsmen." Eldrik went quiet suddenly, before he descended the stairs himself to return to his workshop with a determined step. He had to prepare the armories and arsenals. His role as the village blacksmith also included being the master-at-arms for the village. he was the quartermaster, he had to make sure the armaments and combat equipment was up to spec, and made sure that those that used it knew how to do so. He and Vod were both ageing veterans of several wars, and fought in battlefields across the world. but the younger generations only knew a fraction of what it meant to fight in a real war, and that was about to change. Whether it is fighting a terrible beast, or the armies of Demons Vodvelk mentioned, he had to get his people ready.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Nessvyn on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:53 am

Random Mobs wrote:Eldrik nodded solemly and said "I think we should operate under the assumption that the beast can and will attack us at any time. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. I need to set up some new rules regarding hunters and scouts... perhaps even the village guardsmen." Eldrik went quiet suddenly, before he descended the stairs himself to return to his workshop with a determined step. He had to prepare the armories and arsenals. His role as the village blacksmith also included being the master-at-arms for the village. he was the quartermaster, he had to make sure the armaments and combat equipment was up to spec, and made sure that those that used it knew how to do so. He and Vod were both ageing veterans of several wars, and fought in battlefields across the world. but the younger generations only knew a fraction of what it meant to fight in a real war, and that was about to change. Whether it is fighting a terrible beast, or the armies of Demons Vodvelk mentioned, he had to get his people ready.

Ness nodded, and took a few steps outside the long house. Looking around outside, she could see grief, fear and a mix of other emotions among the faces of the villagers. She looked out to the forest, and to where the Dragon may be laying in wait. If she could find a way to kill the beast and protect the vilage, she would be hailed a hero, and finally would be accepted. Jarrod was no longer an asset she could rely on, so that meant she was the next best defense this village had to offer with the exceptions of the grizzled war vets, Vod and Eldrich, but they shouldn't be put in the fray and Eld Doomhammer was leaving soon. She had to begin preparations herself, and postponed her hunting excursion for the time being unless she was going to hunt the dragon. "Its about three days journey to Gods Steppe...with our current vehicles since the one chopper we have on hand is taking Jarrod to the capitol. Damn, we could really use his help...but that arm....." she frowned.
avatar
Nessvyn
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 70
Join date : 2016-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Jace Farsythe on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:15 am

Jace finally made it to the long house, looking about as he approached. The village was still reeling from the presence of the dragon, and this may or may not be his best chance. He approached the door's intercom and activated it. "Excuse me, I'm looking for the headman of the village."
avatar
Jace Farsythe
Corproral
Corproral

Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Random Mobs on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Bartoc looked up disinterestedly at Jace, far too busy to be interrupted by an outsider. "Yes yes, Chief Greywatch is upstairs lad." said the man in a slightly frustrated tone as he frantically arranged files and made calls to Cretu and Ithteca trying to get some help and ascertain the wider situation. The poor guy looked positively frazzled.
avatar
Random Mobs
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Graywatch Longhouse

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum