Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets - Page 2 Empty Re: Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets

Post  Darkstorm Zero Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:02 am

After a few more hours of assembly and fine tuning, the job was completed, as the smith finished filing down, and polishing the metal parts, before finely sanding the chequered handgrips, and finally polishing the wood. The job was now completed.

"Alrighty then, lets head upstairs." said the Smith with a smile as he took the weapon, along with some other bits and bobs, and began to slither back up the sluce alongside the spiral staircase.

Once at the top, the smith began fishing through his stores for a few things, including a new gun belt and holster for this new weapon, he also fetched a .45-70 reloading tool, and a gun case.

He had all the parts to make rounds for the the guy and a full ammunition reloading bench here, but he knew Leland would need to be able to make new bullets on the fly as well, as not every gunsmith even makes the .45-70 sized round.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets - Page 2 Empty Re: Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets

Post  Leland McKelly Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:38 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:After a few more hours of assembly and fine tuning, the job was completed, as the smith finished filing down, and polishing the metal parts, before finely sanding the chequered handgrips, and finally polishing the wood. The job was now completed.

"Alrighty then, lets head upstairs." said the Smith with a smile as he took the weapon, along with some other bits and bobs, and began to slither back up the sluce alongside the spiral staircase.

Once at the top, the smith began fishing through his stores for a few things, including a new gun belt and holster for this new weapon, he also fetched a .45-70 reloading tool, and a gun case.

He had all the parts to make rounds for the the guy and a full ammunition reloading bench here, but he knew Leland would need to be able to make new bullets on the fly as well, as not every gunsmith even makes the .45-70 sized round.

Leland nodded, and followed the smith back up stairs, collecting his clothes, and setting the spare apron and gloves back where he found them before heading up. As he sets the apron on the coat rack he noticed a carving: Toefor.

Once they were up top, Leland glanced over the magnificent weapon:

Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets - Page 2 Golden_desert_rose_2_0_by_reikothegwen_dd2ha4c-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzI2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzZhMTQ1NzEtZWE5MS00OThkLTk0ZWMtOTYwM2I3YzkwN2RmXC9kZDJoYTRjLTcxZmE3NzQyLTg1MDUtNDYzNi05ODkxLTRkZmQ0MTc2MDdmMC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTEzNyJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19

It was a one of a kind, for its caliber at least. Speaking of, the lamia began to hand him various equipment for the new weapon, including a new holster. "Thanks, these will be useful. Where I'm headed, I'll have to perform maintenance on the road as the closest gun shop will be a three day walk." He says, before lifting the massive weapon. It was heavy, requiring his other hand to balance it as he tested its weight in his hand:

Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets - Page 2 GDR_2

It felt powerful. "You did a wonderful job....er, I don't think I caught your name old timer..." He says, lowering the unnamed weapon.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 am

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland nodded, and followed the smith back up stairs, collecting his clothes, and setting the spare apron and gloves back where he found them before heading up. As he sets the apron on the coat rack he noticed a carving: Toefor.

Alucphia Bazaar and Lower Markets - Page 2 Golden_desert_rose_2_0_by_reikothegwen_dd2ha4c-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzI2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNzZhMTQ1NzEtZWE5MS00OThkLTk0ZWMtOTYwM2I3YzkwN2RmXC9kZDJoYTRjLTcxZmE3NzQyLTg1MDUtNDYzNi05ODkxLTRkZmQ0MTc2MDdmMC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTEzNyJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19

It was a one of a kind, for its caliber at least. Speaking of, the lamia began to hand him various equipment for the new weapon, including a new holster. "Thanks, these will be useful. Where I'm headed, I'll have to perform maintenance on the road as the closest gun shop will be a three day walk." He says, before lifting the massive weapon. It was heavy, requiring his other hand to balance it as he tested its weight in his hand:

It felt powerful. "You did a wonderful job....er, I don't think I caught your name old timer..." He says, lowering the unnamed weapon.

the Smith opened up a gun carry case for Leland, and began carefully placing and arranging different bits and bobs, a cleaning kit, two small handbottles of wood polish and gun oil, the reloading tool, two jars of high grade gunpowder, primers, lead parts and .45-70 casings. Once the pistol was placed in it's case, he brought it, and two full 50 round boxes of .45-70 ready to fire ammunition.

"Thanks kid. Just call me Kessler. Oh and as for the name of your gun, given the stencilled motif you chose, why not call it the 'Desert Rose'?"  Kessler suggested.

"I like ya kid, and since you did half the work with me... hows about 1000G for the lot?"
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:10 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Leland McKelly wrote:Leland nodded, and followed the smith back up stairs, collecting his clothes, and setting the spare apron and gloves back where he found them before heading up. As he sets the apron on the coat rack he noticed a carving: Toefor.

the Smith opened up a gun carry case for Leland, and began carefully placing and arranging different bits and bobs, a cleaning kit, two small handbottles of wood polish and gun oil, the reloading tool, two jars of high grade gunpowder, primers, lead parts and .45-70 casings. Once the pistol was placed in it's case, he brought it, and two full 50 round boxes of .45-70 ready to fire ammunition.

"Thanks kid. Just call me Kessler. Oh and as for the name of your gun, given the stencilled motif you chose, why not call it the 'Desert Rose'?"  Kessler suggested.

"I like ya kid, and since you did half the work with me... hows about 1000G for the lot?"

Leland tossed him the bag of diamonds he had shown off before hand, slinging the case under one arm, and smirked devilishly. "Keep the change Kessler. And the design. If anyone else wants one like it, make it nice. And you know, that still has a nice ring to it. Desert Rose." He chuckled, turning away. He had a bunch of .45-70 ammo now, since his lever rifle chambered the same round. Stepping back out into the marketplace, he noticed many of the stalls were closing. "Huh, must be getting late..." He yawned. He looked around for a tailor, and found a place where they were selling long coats, but... they were in the Lamia style. Which made sense...

Still, he needed a change of clothes, and he decided to grab a leather jacket like pancho which had a full left sleeve and an open pancho-cape like shape to it. He was familiar with the jacket... it was one he wore as a seventeen year old Gunslinger years ago! Odd to find a similar coat after all these years, as the last had been eaten by acidic fluids... he purchased the jacket, and a tight black muscle shirt. He would have to wear his spare pants and boots. He looked around for other supplies all the while, while the market was still open.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2