Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash Site of the Yellow Jacket

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crash Site of the Yellow Jacket - Page 2 Empty Re: Crash Site of the Yellow Jacket

Post  Barbara Lockheart Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:42 am

Jean Maverick wrote:
Barbara Lockheart wrote:
Jean Maverick wrote:
With his rucksack back on, the mug's contents chugged for himself, he then tossed the mostly dry cup into a side pocket on his bag. He glanced over to her, noting the anxiety now, and swiftly followed behind her, his assault rifle which had hung off his hip now firmly held in his grasp. He looked around as soon as both were outside, weapon raised, but unsure what he was looking for. "How many and where we headed?" he whispered.

She didn't answer immediately, reaching for his shoulder while her eyes continued to fixate on the shallow water of the nearby stream. "I can't be certain, but we shouldn't stick around to find out. Head for the trees behind me, you turn for them take three steps, with me, tell me if its clear, then we'll pivot and you watch the water line, I take three steps... you get it, right? Okay." she says stepping back with him now.

I doubt keeping an eye on the water is the best solution... its why we need to constantly switch back and forth, in case one of us spots something off to the sides as we make our retreat into the jungle... She thought, before swallowing back adrenaline.

"If you see something, pick me up and run for the trees. You Scardians and your famed speed better live up to the legends, unlike the legends of your so called 'prowess in the bed chambers'- I can't speak for all girls, but I sure don't like someone whose too quick in there. How utterly disappointing." she scoffed, in a cynical jab at her new companion.

He nodded, before her jab at his Scardian pride. Without taking his eyes off the tree line as they walked, he leaned over towards her and whispered: "That's probably because you've not been with a real Scardian, lass." He teased, before resuming his stance again. "Clear on my end, switch." He says, pivoting around, weapon now trained on the stream past the drop ship, back walking with Barb now walking ahead. "Besides, getting action in this place? By who? By what? You were what, seventeen when you landed here? I call bullshit." He says in a teasing manner back at her. The banter was at least... somewhat anxiety relief. He didn't know what she was worried about at the moment, but he supposed it were the 'monsters' she spoke briefly of earlier.

"Clear."

*gasp* PERVERT!!

Barb's face became bright red after he whispered into her ear, and she had to fight the urge to smack him with the spear. "I can trip you and make a run for it myself." She says, after a moment of pent up fuming. "What? There's plenty of action in the jungles of shi no shima, if and when you take the time to look for it." She sarcastically scoffed.

As they switched back, she realized... she had lost concentration, and didn't even remember her sweep of the treeline. "Crap... take an extra moment to check the jungle, I... I may have missed something." She says softly, feeling flustered for such a damnable and easy to avoid blunder.

Random Mobs wrote:

The creature was waiting in her ambush spot, in the shade of the very trees they were wishing to approach. A smile crept upon her face. She knew the female. The Escapee, the one that got away from her a few times. Lil' Barb.

The creature remained stock still, only her large eyes moved, tracking them. Waiting for them to fall into her trap by not watching where they were going, and only where they thought she should be.

Crash Site of the Yellow Jacket - Page 2 HRkT7CZ

For someone like Barb, who had survived in this hell hole for near on 7 years, they develop a sort of... 'sixth sense' to danger. Barb right now was feeling as though she was being watched, knew she was being watched, but given the circumstances, and inability to stay still, could not pin point the exact direction where the anxiety built up the most.

"We have to keep moving, I feel it... don't stop, just keep walking, switch." She says, and now was facing the tree line which they were practically walking into by now, her hands gripping her petrification spear tightly.
Barbara Lockheart
Barbara Lockheart
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs, Jean Maverick and Nightshade like this post

Back to top Go down

Crash Site of the Yellow Jacket - Page 2 Empty Re: Crash Site of the Yellow Jacket

Post  Jean Maverick Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:49 am

He chuckled. "I'm sure you could, but then you'd miss out on the other food items I've got in my pack. I've got enough for three weeks, would be wasted on the monsters if you left me to die." He teased with a smirk. "Oh, so that a fancy way of saying your fing- what, whats wrong?" He stopped teasing, noting her change in demeanor. He was still quite alert, the sun was vanishing on the horizon, the shade had taken over much of the land by this point, only a few scant amber rays cascading from the trees surrounding them. "I see nothing but green. Just calm down... clear." He says, turning to face the water line while she turned to face the tree line. He felt nervous, sweat rolling down his neck and shoulders, weapon shouldered as they began to back up into fronds and brush.

"When do we make a break for it, Barb?" He asked, glancing over his shoulder at her.
Jean Maverick
Jean Maverick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs, Barbara Lockheart and Nightshade like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbara Lockheart Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 am

Barbara parted the fronds of the brush aside, and looked into the jungle ahead of her carefully. They were crossing into the tree line, the edge of the jungle where it had its other sources of danger. "I don't see anything strange, but we're losing light and the jungle's thicker up ahead. We'll head for where the trees get absolutely massive and make camp in the canopy, you don't explore the jungle after nightfall." she says, parting the brush, glancing back at him. "C'mon, lets go." She says wearily, still feeling like something was wrong... she could sense the negative chi in the air. She could sense something was going to go down... but couldn't ascertain where or when. She beckoned him forth, before turning to face the jungle, her spear lowered slightly, using it to part some of the branches as they broke through.
Barbara Lockheart
Barbara Lockheart
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Maverick Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:39 am

Barbara Lockheart wrote:Barbara parted the fronds of the brush aside, and looked into the jungle ahead of her carefully. They were crossing into the tree line, the edge of the jungle where it had its other sources of danger. "I don't see anything strange, but we're losing light and the jungle's thicker up ahead. We'll head for where the trees get absolutely massive and make camp in the canopy, you don't explore the jungle after nightfall." she says, parting the brush, glancing back at him. "C'mon, lets go." She says wearily, still feeling like something was wrong... she could sense the negative chi in the air. She could sense something was going to go down... but couldn't ascertain where or when. She beckoned him forth, before turning to face the jungle, her spear lowered slightly, using it to part some of the branches as they broke through.

"Tsk, and right when my all purpose night vision goggles were sent to the repair shop..." he says in a sarcastic manner. "Large trees, got it." he replied, and now that he didn't have to keep his head on a constant swivel, he looks over to Barb, and could notice her pale complexion. She knows something's up... she's got the terror in her eyes, something she's experienced before.

"Okay, point the way, and feel free to tell me what we're really dealing with when you're ready to." He says in a slightly impatient but concerned manner.
Jean Maverick
Jean Maverick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs, Barbara Lockheart and Nightshade like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbara Lockheart Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 am

Barb paused when he said that. "I don't know what they're really called. They're like a lizard man on steroids, huge... and more, human like. They have a scales, and smooth looking skin, but as smooth and 'skin like' as it looks, its just as durable as the dark green scales down their back." She began, looking displeased. "I seen what they can do, and they're not to be trifled with Jean. That yacht I was on with the aforementioned hotties? Yeah, well, I'm the only 'hottie' left from that not so pleasant cruise. Those cannibal, scaly, lizard people ate the last three who managed to survive with me." she says, as they walked into the jungle, still alert. "I don't want to go into it further... lets keep moving." She says, leading him along a sort of path deeper into the jungle. She looked about then pointed her spear. "There, see those trees? They're sturdy, with thick large limbs high off the ground. Look for a tree with limbs wide enough for us both." She added.
Barbara Lockheart
Barbara Lockheart
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Maverick Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 am

He had no idea what she was talking about, the creature in question. Not that he didn't believe her, but he just couldn't pin the tail on the beast so to say with her description. The only thing he could think off of the top of his head was a Wurm, or a dragon kin perhaps? But wasn't so sure. Aside the point, she been through hell in various meanings of the word.

He looked for a particular tree, when he thought he saw... no, looked like giant gold reflective orbs between the trees. He blinked and they were gone... but then he saw a tall tree that looked right at home with him. "Hey," he began, grabbing her shoulder, then pointed at the tree in question. "How about that one?" He inquired.
Jean Maverick
Jean Maverick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs and Barbara Lockheart like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbara Lockheart Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:19 am

Barb looked about for a proper tree when his hand fell to her shoulder. She glanced up at the tree he pointed to and she raised a brow at him. "...You call that the tree?" she scoffed and shook her head. "Well, certainly tall enough, but I'm not quite fond of the leaves. We can find better." She teased, easing up a little, despite feeling tension winding in her stomach. She slapped his shoulder and approached the tree's base. "It'll be hard to climb, even for a monster, so congrats newbie, you found a good one." She says, hand on her hip, looking back at him over her shoulder.
Barbara Lockheart
Barbara Lockheart
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs and Jean Maverick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Maverick Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:18 pm

Barbara Lockheart wrote:Barb looked about for a proper tree when his hand fell to her shoulder. She glanced up at the tree he pointed to and she raised a brow at him. "...You call that the tree?" she scoffed and shook her head. "Well, certainly tall enough, but I'm not quite fond of the leaves. We can find better." She teased, easing up a little, despite feeling tension winding in her stomach.

Given the circumstances, at first he wasn't sure if she was serious or not. "The leaves...? Are they poisonous or-?" he began, when she slapped his shoulder.

Barbara Lockheart wrote:She slapped his shoulder and approached the tree's base. "It'll be hard to climb, even for a monster, so congrats newbie, you found a good one." She says, hand on her hip, looking back at him over her shoulder.

He snorted at that, shaking his head. "Ah, your fucking with me."

He shook his head side to side, Jean began approaching the tree, and walked beside Barb as he glanced up the trunk. "Should be manageable, I can carry you in my arms and run up the trunk up to those vines." he noted.
Jean Maverick
Jean Maverick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Suddenly, the underbrush of the treeline exploded outward as the creature sprung her trap. It sprinted at them on all fours like a monster from Hell, or worse, ripping and tearing foliage like it was wet parchment, splintering branches and trunks into splinters, and scattering leaves, grass and flecks of dirt like confetti. Her growling vibrated in the air like war drums, and her snapping maw - filled with razor sharp conical teeth - clapped like some murderous bass. She was very large, over 30 feet from head to toes, and her tail added another 15 feet, and she was incredibly fast for a creature of that size, rapidly closing the distance between herself and her prey.

Last edited by Random Mobs on Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Barbara Lockheart and Jean Maverick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Barbara Lockheart Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:45 am

Barb turned to the sound of the Snapper launching up from the foliage. I knew it, I knew one was close!! Barb thought, turning to the creature, raising her spear- when she froze.

The memories of the three shipmates got stronger again. She wasn't exactly friends with them, but they bonded over their survival... but the creature before them, Galatea... devoured them. Since that first year on the island, she'd ran into this beast, she had missing claws on her dominant hand thanks to Barb's petrification spear, and she had numerous scars from their numerous engagements they've had over the six years. "...its you!" She spat, her body shivering in place. She raised her spear again, in defence, but they had little time to properly fend the large scaly bitch off! "Run!" She shrieked in a war like cry to Jean, swinging the petrification spear at the large, scaly, almost human looking monster!

Galatea... she's one of the biggest on the island! Brutus is the biggest male, or was, haven't seen him since the volcano- we can't fight her like this, we need to get up that tree fast! She'll have a hard time climbing with those claws I removed from her dominant hand last year... but damn, does she still look sore about it! Barb thought.
Barbara Lockheart
Barbara Lockheart
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs and Jean Maverick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean Maverick Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:52 am

Barbara Lockheart wrote:Barb turned to the sound of the Snapper launching up from the foliage. I knew it, I knew one was close!! Barb thought, turning to the creature, raising her spear- when she froze.

The memories of the three shipmates got stronger again. She wasn't exactly friends with them, but they bonded over their survival... but the creature before them, Galatea... devoured them. Since that first year on the island, she'd ran into this beast, she had missing claws on her dominant hand thanks to Barb's petrification spear, and she had numerous scars from their numerous engagements they've had over the six years. "...its you!" She spat, her body shivering in place. She raised her spear again, in defence, but they had little time to properly fend the large scaly bitch off! "Run!" She shrieked in a war like cry to Jean, swinging the petrification spear at the large, scaly, almost human looking monster!

Galatea... she's one of the biggest on the island! Brutus is the biggest male, or was, haven't seen him since the volcano- we can't fight her like this, we need to get up that tree fast! She'll have a hard time climbing with those claws I removed from her dominant hand last year... but damn, does she still look sore about it! Barb thought.

Jean turned to the crashing sound of trees, raising the rifle before hesitating- given he'd never seen such a manner of beast before. "What the?!" He exclaimed. Though his bullets would do some damage, he was pretty sure if he just sprayed and prayed, it would be a waste- she wasn't going to get scared of his rifle in the slightest! "Shit, she's huge...!" He stammered, glancing over to Barb, then realized the creature was about to lunge for her! He grabbed the woman around the waist, hiking off the forehead of the creature as she dove for them, his boot print clearly indicated on her flesh as he rebounded from her head to ground once more. He turned towards the tree, and despite Barb's struggles, he put his Scardian strength and speed to the test, and sprinted up the tree, the momentum carrying him high up the thick, wide, trunk! Gods... I hope we can reach the limb...!
Jean Maverick
Jean Maverick
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:44 am

Galatea spun on her heels, her nose immediately pointed right at the fleeing Scardian with her favorite prey on his back. He was fast, and quite strong for being so small, so even as she was running on all fours, she smiled and licked her lips, visibly to Barb on his back.

She let out another rumbling growl, before a more feminine yet still bestial voice came from her. "I am going to enjoy this far more than I should."

And it was true, while the human male was fast - very fast - her long legs and longer strides made her al the faster, and she was gaining fairly rapidly.
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Barbara Lockheart and Jean Maverick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2