Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters

3 posters

Go down

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Empty Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters

Post  Abdel the Pure Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:06 am

(from here)

Abdel continued from bridge street, making his way down a larger causeway, even a village square! "My, this frontier town has changed dramatically since my time. It used to reek of alcohol and horse shit, and the streets were paved with mud and excrement."

The man in his shabby white clothes continued down the cobblestone road ahead of him, admiring how nicely everything looked! "Here I was, about to burn this place to the ground centuries ago!" Laughed the former Desert King. His eyes turned towards the line of businesses that were far larger than the ones lining much of the cobblestone bridge he just left. What the hell's a satellite phone? He pondered, glancing at a window offering varying mobile phones and whatever this 'satellite phone' was. He found it curious, but not worth more than a moment of inquiry before continuing on his mission. He needed clothes. He couldn't rule-

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Unknown_32

-looking like a pauper, now could he?

Finally, after looking about tirelessly for a clothing outlet, he found what he was looking for. He saw the suits lining the window, the curious name of the establishment however was what caught his eye first. "Darkreaver & Dragonswallow...? This doesn't look like an arena, nor the Dragon Alley's pub." He chuckled. Darkreavers were something he was used to hearing about, they were the names of Teronian Shadowblades who separated from the Council of Thirteen. Dragonswallow... well, that was just literal, now wasn't it?

He entered the store, the tinkle of the silver bell above bringing back some nostalgia as he recalled entering a building in Galideno with such a pleasant sounding bell. He looked around, the navy carpet plush under his feet as he brought his hand out to touch the high quality threads and floor model 3 piece suits and overcoats. They were quite posh, and of high quality. "Wait, is that..." He paused, his hands wrapped around loose threads, and lifted the silken texture up to his nose, sniffing it. "By the Gods, it is! Domescan Silk? How? I figured such treasures would be lost in this era..." he said in shock. In 2282, when Galideno destroyed Domescadia near the end of the war, the only place you could find the unique silk worms or the silk itself was in Gazatine, and it was completely destroyed. Or, so he believed...

Suddenly, there was a commotion in the room behind the counter. Glancing over, he saw the door open, and out stumble a tall male kitsune clad in classic pilot's attire. He smiled, feeling the nostalgia consuming him, as it reminded him of the uniform used in his air force from back in the day. "Excuse me, my good Kitsune, are you the purveyor who runs this establishment?" he asked the man whose back was to him, and noted the many silvery tails which occupied his back. One was caught in a clothing wrack, and, for some reason, Abdel reached out and pulled it carefully out. "Watch it, you almost lost a tail there!" He says, relinquishing the tail. "A mighty fine set of tails you have I may add!"

Abdel the Pure
Abdel the Pure
Private First Class
Private First Class

Darkstorm Zero likes this post

Back to top Go down

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Empty Re: Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters

Post  Groose van Sturm Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:34 am

Falling through the sky; for a nine tailed kitsune, was like dancing in the rain.  Falling through the sky; for a nine tailed kitsune, who had assumed a deity level of power, was like having your cake, and six of your friends' pieces and getting to eat them all.  Groose mind you free falling with the best of them, was something of a paradox, neither tailed kitsune nor untailed.  Inari Kitsune on the other hand, well there was a kitsune of note and power.  

He could waltz across the sky or so legend told of his mythical abilities.  And the truth behind this was not too far from the truth.  In a cloud of flames spewed forth by the dragon's lungs and rage, Groose would have been consumed, if not for Inari Kitsune, yet again saving their mutually entangled lives.  

from here

Ouch, dammit my nose.

The words escaped his mouth as his face smacked into the back wall of a small but neatly kept store room. Blinking back pain he closed his eyes to a squint as he tried to focus and shut it out.  He found his way around the dimly lit room tripping as he opened a door leading out into a brighter well lit storefront.  Catching only a few of the words the shabby dressed man was saying.

Never trust a Gnome to get a job done right…

His eyes locked not on the man but rather an oddly designed lawn gnome situated directly behind the counter right in his path.  Stumbling out into the store proper he spun back toward the voice nearly getting his wonderful unseen tails tangled up in a clothing rack.

Straightening himself up he glanced at the lawn gnome behind the counter shaking his head as he finally registered the man’s presence.  And a few of his words.

Mighty fine tails indeed.  I suppose you could say I am the purveyor of this establishment and certain others.  Though usually the attendants aren’t so porcelain headed about their duties.  It really can be trying to find a worthwhile fellow to run things when I’ve more important business to be about.  

Seeing as I’m here, might I suggest something not so shabby backstreet thug, and more Imperial lord at his ease in Domescan Silk?

As he nodded toward the material he was still holding in one hand close to his nose.

Perhaps something that smells as pleasant as that piece you have there?
Groose van Sturm
Groose van Sturm
Private
Private

Abdel the Pure, Rufus Craig and Raven Swordcrow like this post

Back to top Go down

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Empty Re: Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters

Post  Abdel the Pure Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:34 pm

Groose van Sturm wrote:

Falling through the sky; for a nine tailed kitsune, was like dancing in the rain.  Falling through the sky; for a nine tailed kitsune, who had assumed a deity level of power, was like having your cake, and six of your friends' pieces and getting to eat them all.  Groose mind you free falling with the best of them, was something of a paradox, neither tailed kitsune nor untailed.  Inari Kitsune on the other hand, well there was a kitsune of note and power.  

He could waltz across the sky or so legend told of his mythical abilities.  And the truth behind this was not too far from the truth.  In a cloud of flames spewed forth by the dragon's lungs and rage, Groose would have been consumed, if not for Inari Kitsune, yet again saving their mutually entangled lives.  

from here

Ouch, dammit my nose.

The words escaped his mouth as his face smacked into the back wall of a small but neatly kept store room. Blinking back pain he closed his eyes to a squint as he tried to focus and shut it out.  He found his way around the dimly lit room tripping as he opened a door leading out into a brighter well lit storefront.  Catching only a few of the words the shabby dressed man was saying.

Never trust a Gnome to get a job done right…

His eyes locked not on the man but rather an oddly designed lawn gnome situated directly behind the counter right in his path.  Stumbling out into the store proper he spun back toward the voice nearly getting his wonderful unseen tails tangled up in a clothing rack.

Straightening himself up he glanced at the lawn gnome behind the counter shaking his head as he finally registered the man’s presence.  And a few of his words.

Mighty fine tails indeed.  I suppose you could say I am the purveyor of this establishment and certain others.  Though usually the attendants aren’t so porcelain headed about their duties.  It really can be trying to find a worthwhile fellow to run things when I’ve more important business to be about.  

Seeing as I’m here, might I suggest something not so shabby backstreet thug, and more Imperial lord at his ease in Domescan Silk?

As he nodded toward the material he was still holding in one hand close to his nose.

Perhaps something that smells as pleasant as that piece you have there?

"Heh," grunted Abdel on the topic of worthy attendants. "I never put too much stock in the employees I didn't hand pick myself, and not with important jobs unless I deem them worthy of such a task like building an airforce from the ground up or taking a couple of islands for the glory of my banner." He explained as he continued to feel the fabric in his hand. "If no one's worthy, its best you just do that job yourself, am I right?" He chuckled, turning to the kitsune.

On the note of his clothes, he looked down and back up to him with a slightly flustered look. "Trust me, it was this or be naked, and the populace have no right to gaze upon my natural beauty." He said half honestly. "These plebeians don't know greatness if they looked it in the face after all..." he began, before smirking, his shades glinting as he did. "May as well blind them with one of your finest suits; one that can rival the Tenik Dynasty~"
Abdel the Pure
Abdel the Pure
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Groose van Sturm Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:36 pm

Ahh aerial conquest, is much like raising an empire of businesses beneath the radar of all the major players in the world sir.  If you do it right, no one can see it or stop the progress even after its too late.  Now than something to rival Tenik Dynasty.

Hmp!

I think we can do better than that.

Groose van Sturm Kitsune of a thousand businesses, was wearing the hat of his retailer and all around business tycoon personality as it were. The Kitsune MrUts. Of the nearly infamous MrUts brands, which cater to nearly every need conceivable for weapons to weapons undergarments, candies to construction equipment, you name it MrUts probably sells a bastard version of it. I mean a legitimate but ultimately MrUts version of said items.

Flitting passed his former employer of a bygone era he slipped the fine looking and smelling material into his own hand as he walked back behind the counter about to begin making some quick measurements and other tailor like behaviors when he stopped dead his head cocked to the side a thought suddenly in his minds eye. An image of something old, something new, something used, and something unbelievably available sitting in the back of his shop, just waiting for the right something. A something that had just struck him as elegantly fitting for the request.

Ugh! No this pig swill will never do, it's barely fit for Tenik toilet paper...

I think I have just the thing though...

Something fit for a pure soul...

A material that with the right touch and a little patient will be the finest of Imperial clothing, suited for only the most regal of customers.
This may take a few moments, but pure perfection can never be rushed.

MrUts dropped the material letting it fall atop the Lawn Gnome behind his counter as he stepped foot into the back of his tailorshop, Having just the perfect material in mind of this particularly divine occasion.
Groose van Sturm
Groose van Sturm
Private
Private

Abdel the Pure and Ranpu Nassar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Groose van Sturm Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:25 pm

A timeless desert consuming everything.  A different time, a different place.  A land in ruin, trapped in a frozen moment.  And yet within the eye of the mind something lives, something continues to survive despite the endless unseen glue which binds him in place.

Groose’s mind became unstuck, as he stepped through the doorway to the back room of the tailor shop.  He was walking toward it, the thing he recalled going to waste just laying there unused after all these years.  Something that he should never have received in the first place, it was impossible…  A long, long time ago now, especially when you consider the situation one Norbert van Sturm had found himself in at the time.  Crashed, in a desert.

Not such a bad thing really, but this particular desert was about to change for the worse.  Time was about to stop within it, and Norbert… well he was unlucky enough to be stuck in it as things went straight belly up.  He was hot-footing it back when he became stuck in place with only his thoughts, and the mind of Inari Kitsune for company.

Needless to say it would be many long years before the two minds of Groose van Sturm would walk free of that desert, following a long trail of Gnome corpses home.  But during this time, he met someone impossible.  A being able to traverse the time frozen desert.  A being he had met an eternity ago or at least Inari Kitsune had met during his lifetime.

The odd Dwarf, had been out for a stroll as he put it, while he was whittling something that looked to be a large chunk of metal down into impossibly thin strips.  Behind him rolled a small cart in which more of the metal sat, as he worked and walked along.  Grose of course hadn’t been certain at the time that he was real, but sure enough the dwarf had stopped for a chat while he whittled away at the metal, slowly thinning it out into wire, then again thinning it down into a fine delicate looking thread.  

Before long he was spooling up the metal strips like a fine thread.  After a few minutes of work he had ten spools of the metal thin as thread which he set to soak inside a small vat on his cart, filled with some strange mudded liquid.  He nodded to the time frozen Kitsune as he lifted each spool of metal out tucking them into a void pocket which Groose rarely used.  The Dwarf spoke saying, something about being finished just in time as he patted the void pocket after setting the last spool inside.

It was a very unsettling experience for Groose at the time, having some strange Dwarf just reach into his void pocket and open it as if that were even possible to deposit the metal spools.  The very same he now stood before in his tailor shop.  Ten spools of metal thread, impossibly cut, impossibly thinned down until they could bend and weave like normal cloth thread.  A metal so rare, made impossibly different.  Enough for one outfit, just enough to make a suit of clothing, one of a kind because of what the thread had been cut from…

Groose returned to the counter of his tailor shop and set the ten spools of thread down on the counter before him, for the work he was about to undertake.  An impossible material for a near impossible request… one that suited MrUts’s skills and talent as a tailor.
Groose van Sturm
Groose van Sturm
Private
Private

Abdel the Pure and Ranpu Nassar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranpu Nassar Mon May 29, 2023 9:30 am

The overhead bell wrinkles as another customer enters the clothing shop. The woman was tall, about 5'9 in height, with long back length raven black hair that looked soft as silk. She had narrow, dark eyes and a tanned complexion as well; her lithe, slender frame ambled throughout the clothing shop. Long, shapely and slender legs guiding the woman dressed in rather contemporary linen and white silk clothes fit for the Domescadian Desert, looking like Bastet herself as she shashays her way toward the front desk where the kitsune and man in white are standing.

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Shop_Ranpu

The woman's lidded eyes fell over the man in white, judging his current 'lack of style' as he was conducting a transaction with the kit behind the counter; her lidded brown eye looking him up and down before being transfixed by his burning red gaze.

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Judging_Ranpu

Interesting... almost handsome this one, but he lacks taste with his current attire. I almost pity him. Perhaps I'll pay for a new set of clothing simply to remove my sight of his gaudy tracksuit. I don't think such attire is befitting anyone, and I would rather bask naked than wear such an unseemly garment in public should the tables be turned! Ranpu Nassar thought harshly of the customer, unaware of whom he really was. Had she known? She'd have fallen to his knees and kissed his feet given her family were supporters of Abdel Adham the 66th Sultan of Domescadia in the 2280s, up to the very end.

Ranpu was a customer herself here, and was picking up some accessories she had mended after a rather tedious and grotesque encounter with some thugs who worked for that one-eyed, walking & talking weed, Babara the Green Thumb. She wanted her dead, for muscling in on her territory at the Virgin Sands. I can't help it if people like me more than that sulky dandelion; poor girl's gonna wilt and shrivel up once I'm through with her! As soon as I have the majority in the Virgin Sands I can gain favor with those filthy slugs and begin earnest sale with them. I have so many slaves and stolen goods I need to fence, so such a partnership, although lamentable given the appearance of my 'gracious hosts' would be quite profitable for me and the Akali Caravan... heh, I'll be able to one up Durah at the next Caravan Confederation meeting, thats for damn sure~ She smirked, humming to herself as she turned her gaze down to her nails, filing them as she waited to be served and pick up the golden bracers and necklaces being mended.
Ranpu Nassar
Ranpu Nassar
Recruit
Recruit

Abdel the Pure likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdel the Pure Mon May 29, 2023 11:34 am

Groose van Sturm wrote:

Ahh aerial conquest, is much like raising an empire of businesses beneath the radar of all the major players in the world sir.  If you do it right, no one can see it or stop the progress even after its too late.  Now than something to rival Tenik Dynasty.

Hmp!

I think we can do better than that.

Groose van Sturm Kitsune of a thousand businesses, was wearing the hat of his retailer and all around business tycoon personality as it were.  The Kitsune MrUts.  Of the nearly infamous MrUts brands, which cater to nearly every need conceivable for weapons to weapons undergarments, candies to construction equipment, you name it MrUts probably sells a bastard version of it.  I mean a legitimate but ultimately MrUts version of said items.

Flitting passed his former employer of a bygone era he slipped the fine looking and smelling material into his own hand as he walked back behind the counter about to begin making some quick measurements and other tailor like behaviors when he stopped dead his head cocked to the side a thought suddenly in his minds eye.  An image of something old, something new, something used, and something unbelievably available sitting in the back of his shop, just waiting for the right something.  A something that had just struck him as elegantly fitting for the request.

Ugh! No this pig swill will never do, it's barely fit for Tenik toilet paper...  

I think I have just the thing though...

Something fit for a pure soul...

A material that with the right touch and a little patient will be the finest of Imperial clothing, suited for only the most regal of customers.
This may take a few moments, but pure perfection can never be rushed.

MrUts dropped the material letting it fall atop the Lawn Gnome behind his counter as he stepped foot into the back of his tailor shop, Having just the perfect material in mind of this particularly divine occasion.

"Yes... I must agree with your logic there, noble shopkeep. Perhaps when the time comes and I conquer this land I shall cut a piece aside for you, shall you remain loyal I may even make you my prime minister!" Half joked Abdel, before holding out his arms and letting the Kitsune measure him. He was used to such tedium, remembering how his adopted mother would have those sirens tend to his beck and call and measure him for armor, clothing... what have you since he was a boy. He often fidgeted around back then, in spite of his developing murderous and ambitious intentions since he was a wee child of five, he just didn't like those he deemed 'unsightly' to touch him. It was a trait that intensified in the Shade which the world registered as Abdel Adham, that demonic entity known as the 'Black Emperor' of Domescadia... blood and filth so readily disturbed him he would often have the place cleaned after brutal executions, which was odd for when he occupied the powerless 'Thrall' persona that befriended Hiyori Busujima and Balinwulf Garamonde. The shade had its uses, deflecting much of Val's money, influence, power... hell even his own life in destroying. Had Val not been so forthcoming in his sacrifice to protect his people of Lux, 'Abdel the Pure' may have not even happened. Had Val found out about Thrall, about the plan he and his mother concocted all those years ago... had he had a slightest inkling of what was truly happening... the world would have been very different right now. Domescadia would have been spared the Galideno dog's might. As I foresaw thanks to the power of the Void Dragon, my people are now a scattered confederation of caravans. None have rebuilt proud Domescadia since my era. What a pity. They lack so much ambition... or they are simply atoning for what they believe was a blight on our cherished history. Even so, I am glad they protect my keeps and palaces to this very day from would be ruffians and cutthroats... Abdel sighed internally. So much had passed, yet so little had changed. Had he been successful in Beijio, had Frey'd not sealed Sephiroth... had Balinwulf not impale his wretched heart, he would have made...

Before he knew it, the fox was done and heading into another room to provide something better than Domescan Silk? Curious... He thought, when he noticed movement to his left.

Ranpu Nassar wrote:
The woman's lidded eyes fell over the man in white, judging his current 'lack of style' as he was conducting a transaction with the kit behind the counter; her lidded brown eye looking him up and down before being transfixed by his burning red gaze.
Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Judging_Ranpu

A ravishingly beautiful Domescadian woman in contemporary noble dress looked upon him as if he was a slug with her narrow, lidded eyes. That explains why he would have Domescadian silk if he got it from her. She's got a Hiyori Busujima look going on, but I smell honey and dew of the desert roses off this one. She's of my kin, and still plays the part of appearances befitting of the Noble Class... I suppose not all hope is lost on my modern brethren. He thought, as she continued to glare at him like a cockroach. Had he been his Shade, she'd have no eyes in her sockets and the shop would be painted crimson, but he was above that, given he was far more sane than that walking ball of pitch black malice. He smirked, his crimson eyes heavily lidded. "Forgive my appearance my Desert Flower, I woke up in a rather unfortunate state. Think of this putrid shell which a lesser being deemed as 'clothing' like the crystal lizard's dung. It looks like absolute shite on the outside, but with a little makeover you'll find a gem worth more than all the gold in Solomon's Quarry. One that took years to develop, although from modest and disgusting origins." He says, hand in his pocket as his vision returned to the Kitsune.

Groose van Sturm wrote:
Groose returned to the counter of his tailor shop and set the ten spools of thread down on the counter before him, for the work he was about to undertake.  An impossible material for a near impossible request… one that suited MrUts’s skills and talent as a tailor.

Abdel raised a brow, picking up one of the spools. It was heavy, but not inconceivably so. The slightly gilded and silverish luster, the metallic scent which he picked up on and soon tasted as he gently bit down on the thread with one of his sharp canines-

-his eyes widened when the thread resisted his bite. "My my..." he said aloud, amazed as he tossed the spool in his open palm. "Is this... what I truly believe it to be, my good man?" He asked the kitsune, before turning his gaze to the woman. A smirk broadened across his face. "Tell you what," he began, and handed the woman his katana. "...I'd like for you to try and cut this thread with that sword." he began, stretching the flexible, glinting wire like thread out wide between his two hands. "Should you not be able to, you must implore that I pay for your needs here and take you out for dinner. Should you...well, I'll think of something should you be able." He smirked. He presented the thread to her, arms wide, if she wanted to she could even skewer him with his blade! He smiled pleasantly, lidded, glowing crimson eyes gleaming into her large, dark orbs...
Abdel the Pure
Abdel the Pure
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranpu Nassar Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm

For her part, Ranpu remained silent in the man's presence as the kitsune was away. Simply observing the odd man and his glowing red eyes. She looked away soon after and waited in silence to pick up her mended accessories when the woman shot a glance at the man again, cocking a brow as he addressed her in such a manner.

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Ranpu_oh

"Oh?" She replied in a low, inquisitive tone. She turned to face him, one hand on her hip as he handed her the tachi he had been holding moments prior, gently checking out its gleaming blade before glancing back up at him. "That is very bold of you to ask, for all I know this blade is dull, and regardless of its sharpness there's the potential I may end up cutting you instead... are you willing to risk accidental death by a stranger?" She asked, and found herself smirking in an amused manner.
Ranpu Nassar
Ranpu Nassar
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdel the Pure Mon May 29, 2023 10:55 pm

Ranpu Nassar wrote:For her part, Ranpu remained silent in the man's presence as the kitsune was away. Simply observing the odd man and his glowing red eyes. She looked away soon after and waited in silence to pick up her mended accessories when the woman shot a glance at the man again, cocking a brow as he addressed her in such a manner.

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Ranpu_oh

"Oh?" She replied in a low, inquisitive tone. She turned to face him, one hand on her hip as he handed her the tachi he had been holding moments prior, gently checking out its gleaming blade before glancing back up at him. "That is very bold of you to ask, for all I know this blade is dull, and regardless of its sharpness there's the potential I may end up cutting you instead... are you willing to risk accidental death by a stranger?" She asked, and found herself smirking in an amused manner.

Abdel found the woman's precociousness and otherwise coy demeanor amusing. "My Desert Flower, the blade which you hold is my most prized possession and the only thing of real worth I have at present. You think it would be dull? You should feel honored I even allowed you to hold the weapon, let alone use it." He says with a smirk.

Darkreaver & Dragonswallow Outfitters  Sanchoumou_touken_ranbu_drawn_by_suda_ayaka__56ef83edb751f3544344cdc36cb986d6

"Heh, if by some chance you'd manage to kill me I would have to think of some way to reward you of such a feat." He chuckled in earnest. He raised the thread once more. "So, do you concede to my terms, my Desert Flower?" He asked her, his glowing lidded gaze leveled at hers.
Abdel the Pure
Abdel the Pure
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum