Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bamboo Woodland

2 posters

Go down

Bamboo Woodland Empty Bamboo Woodland

Post  Shaea Genvyre Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:34 am

The elven woman is walking through the vast bamboo overgrowth on the South side of the island. Shaea Genvyre is her name, her sky blue eyes and bright orange-red hair were hard to miss in the vastness of green and browns. A white witch's hat proudly upon her head, she is clad in a skimpy, taut, white robe like dress that seemed ill advised for use in woodland exploration; but to Shaea, who was seemingly unphased, to her it showed that she could handle such environments and that what she wears didn't matter. She could handle it.

Still, the trek here was not easy... choppy seas, and avoiding a few hungry predators here and there, then there was the leak in the ship and the death of the crew... The risks, however, were worth it for she was perhaps the first researcher to ever step foot on this uncharted island from the outside. This place... this unseen land that was shrouded in mist, becoming unveiled. She heard the testimony from Yuuko Busujima, who had vanished five years and had seemingly shipwrecked here on route to Ryunoshi. She squeezed the details out of the noble who was despised in Beijio... Shae didn't care though. She was a neutral party, so what if she did or didn't have involvement in the Emperor's death five years ago? It didn't benefit her, so why care about it? She got good information out of her, charted a boat with her feminine wiles, and now she was here so all in all... it was productive five days.

She takes a seat on a rock, setting down her notebook and wiped her brow as she took a moment to rest and clean her foggy underframed glasses. The humid air was intense, but nothing she couldn't handle, but even so she hadn't stopped to rest for the last seven hours. She had been so fascinated by the new world, she had to record all she could see. "Heh, beat ya Reiri. All you'd want to do is get inside the fauna or flora you see, I'd rather it be the otherway around with me~" She cooed, to slime-chan~ the shapeless purple slime that coiled around her wrist upon calling for it. A magical wonder, how this brainless creature could manipulate itself, produce its own thoughts and reactions. She created it for... several uses. She was debating about one of those intended uses right now, but felt that it was perhaps best to wait till nightfall. She sighed, petting the slimy creature back to her side pack, and looked up into the green canopy above her while pedaling her hanging feet as she sat on that rock. She listened to the forest sounds, and what could have been a distant explosion, but thought nothing of it.
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Bamboo Woodland Empty Re: Bamboo Woodland

Post  Crisis Rocan Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 am

The forests for Gendoshima; three fourths of the island was home to a number of natural deterrents, deterrents that had been cultivated and allowed to grow in some cases unchecked like the overly abundant Leech Seedlings. A small seemingly innocuous seedling borne on the winds and air currents of the forest settling upon every living thing that crosses into the dense wilds. Much like dandelion seeds they drift along until something attracts them to carry them further from their home in their search for nutrients.

In the distance more sounds could be heard, trumpeting, of a natural variety, the kind that echoes off the hollows and tree filled spaces alike. Rhythmic and primal to the heart of its sound. The bamboo woods slowly echoes the trumpeting back as though the bamboo fields were a sounding board for the trumpeting music. A strange sort of musical enchantment falls upon the bamboo woods creating a lethargic mood upon all the living being within it. The trees though tall and proud seem to sag as the music increasing with each chorus and repeat. Leaves fall still, the sounds of wild life as though enchanted fall silent, the wind settles to a stand still, and the Leech Seedlings drift to the ground settling for the time being upon whatever surface they manage to cling to.

A sound steadily increasing in volume just as steadily as the trumpeting, a sound akin to thunder rolling across the forest floors growing with each moment as Shaea feels the effects of the musical enchantments power growing stronger and stronger with the volume of the sounds approaching.

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaea Genvyre Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Crisis Rocan wrote:The forests for Gendoshima; three fourths of the island was home to a number of natural deterrents, deterrents that had been cultivated and allowed to grow in some cases unchecked like the overly abundant Leech Seedlings.  A small seemingly innocuous seedling borne on the winds and air currents of the forest settling upon every living thing that crosses into the dense wilds.  Much like dandelion seeds they drift along until something attracts them to carry them further from their home in their search for nutrients.  

In the distance more sounds could be heard, trumpeting, of a natural variety, the kind that echoes off the hollows and tree filled spaces alike.  Rhythmic and primal to the heart of its sound. The bamboo woods slowly echoes the trumpeting back as though the bamboo fields were a sounding board for the trumpeting music.  A strange sort of musical enchantment falls upon the bamboo woods creating a lethargic mood upon all the living being within it.  The trees though tall and proud seem to sag as the music increasing with each chorus and repeat.  Leaves fall still, the sounds of wild life as though enchanted fall silent, the wind settles to a stand still, and the Leech Seedlings drift to the ground settling for the time being upon whatever surface they manage to cling to.  

A sound steadily increasing in volume just as steadily as the trumpeting, a sound akin to thunder rolling across the forest floors growing with each moment as Shaea feels the effects of the musical enchantments power growing stronger and stronger with the volume of the sounds approaching.

She blinked, watching everything fall around her as a steady, low, rhythmic trumpeting sound echoes throughout the bamboo wood. Nature, flora and fauna alike were falling asleep to the music's enchanting tune. "This is peculiar..." She yawned, but Shaea wasn't effected by such charms so easily, but as the chorus got closer, the more magical energy she could sense flowing around her...
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Thundering now the trumpeting is, but also a steady thumping builds beneath in rhythmic beat of marching feet, heavy feet strong and powerful as though a ton of weight paraded across the land. Something large was coming, something of gigantic proportions, or so the sound of rolling thunder and quacking earth would lead one to believe as the source of the enchanting music came closer and closer. With each passing moment the ground began to shake in unison with the underlying sound of marching feet. The closer it gets the hard it is to remain upright as the ground shakes and the trees quake with fear at the approach of the musical scions of Gendoshima's Southern Forest.

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaea Genvyre Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Crisis Rocan wrote:Thundering now the trumpeting is, but also a steady thumping builds beneath in rhythmic beat of marching feet, heavy feet strong and powerful as though a ton of weight paraded across the land.  Something large was coming, something of gigantic proportions, or so the sound of rolling thunder and quacking earth would lead one to believe as the source of the enchanting music came closer and closer.  With each passing moment the ground began to shake in unison with the underlying sound of marching feet.  The closer it gets the hard it is to remain upright as the ground shakes and the trees quake with fear at the approach of the musical scions of Gendoshima's Southern Forest.

She could feel the rumble beneath her feet, the rhythmic power pounding her ears, making her weak to her knees. She had to stand, keeping herself upright as earth shook. A troll? A dragon...? Maybe something new? She asked herself, adjusting her glasses, as they began to teeter off her nose. She back steps, front steps, side steps as the pounding earth shook beneath her! It was as if the ground became waves, and she was cast off as a waywards ship headed for destruction!
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:22 pm

As the earth shook her about a strange sight approached marching in formation with their trunks erect came three very large humanoid looking animals. To the naked eye they would appear to be Elephant type humans, the first thought that would come to mind would be to classify them as a beast-kin type, but they were no such thing. They marched in unison blaring their musical enchantment to conceal their movements through the Southern Forest, and to lull the dangerous life force stealing plants of their woodland domain to slumber in order to ease their patrol of their ancestral homeland.

Bamboo Woodland Ryginl10

The shortest stood no less then thirteen feet i height at the crown of his domed skull not counting the extra near foot to the tops of his massive ears. They came to halt before the oddly humanish creature who stumbled about in their path.

"What are you, and why are you here?

The tallest and front elephant humanoid speaks his words trumpeting out with a powerful bass sound, as all three stare down at the vastly small human looking creature before them.

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaea Genvyre Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:19 am

Crisis Rocan wrote:As the earth shook her about a strange sight approached marching in formation with their trunks erect came three very large humanoid looking animals.  To the naked eye they would appear to be Elephant type humans, the first thought that would come to mind would be to classify them as a beast-kin type, but they were no such thing.  They marched in unison blaring their musical enchantment to conceal their movements through the Southern Forest, and to lull the dangerous life force stealing plants of their woodland domain to slumber in order to ease their patrol of their ancestral homeland.

Bamboo Woodland Ryginl10

The shortest stood no less then thirteen feet i height at the crown of his domed skull not counting the extra near foot to the tops of his massive ears.  They came to halt before the oddly humanish creature who stumbled about in their path.

"What are you, and why are you here?

The tallest and front elephant humanoid speaks his words trumpeting out with a powerful bass sound, as all three stare down at the vastly small human looking creature before them.  

There is no way I'm fucking that... I've fucked orcs, but holy crap they'd kill me if I tried! She thought, blinking up at the tall elephant like creature that loomed over her. "Do you mean my name? Or what I..." She says patting each breast of hers with both hands, "I am, like species?" She asked, in return, before sighing. "...I'm an Elf, and my birth name is Shaea Genvyre, you... you really haven't seen an Elf before?" She asked, suddenly curious. To be fair, I never seen someone like them before either... She blinked. "And what are you? What do you call yourselves?" She asked, looking from right to left, observing all three closely.
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:03 am

"We know of elves, but they do not resist the Call to Slumber. None have resisted in the living memory of our kind as you have, not since the days of the first of our kind. We remember her, as though she is part of each of us. Come Shaea Genvyre, walk with us as we patrol our borders. Though it may become hard to hear as we go, my brothers must continue the Call to Slumber, or things more malevolent in nature will consume us."

Saying this he gently brushed the Leech Seedings that had come to rest upon her from her body. He lifted a single seedling up for her to see.

"Do not be mistaken by this drifting pariah's harmless appearance. They are far more dangerous than the entire herd of the Ryginlo. My people the Ryginlo, have existed apart from even the other inhabitants of this island. We have no desire to be drawn into their foolish squabbles and self-destructive tendencies.
These are called Leech Seedlings, they appear harmless, but when you get them wet enough they grow rapidly by sucking the very life force out of those who they attach too, and all lives beings they can entwine. More than one foolish calf has lost its life to the slow death that these infernal seedlings bring, before being found wandering through the forest of this island. But these are not the only dangers of the forest. Seeing as you are still on your feet while we sing the Call to Slumber, I would like to speak with you as we. Pardon the necessity of the Call, but we do not interact with the other races of Gendoshima by choice, as I was saying. The Call is as much to protect them from the dangers of the forest as it is to maintain our privacy and seclusion from the other races.
We have been this way for longer than most have recorded history, removing our presence from the history of this land as best we could."

The other two Ryginlo begin to trumpet out the Call to Slumber as the patrols leader beings to walk with Shaea at his side. He wasn't really giving her a choice in the matter, for her own good as much as the secrecy of the Ryginlo.

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaea Genvyre Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:26 am

Crisis Rocan wrote:"We know of elves, but they do not resist the Call to Slumber.  None have resisted in the living memory of our kind as you have, not since the days of the first of our kind.  We remember her, as though she is part of each of us.  Come Shaea Genvyre, walk with us as we patrol our borders.  Though it may become hard to hear as we go, my brothers must continue the Call to Slumber, or things more malevolent in nature will consume us."

Saying this he gently brushed the Leech Seedings that had come to rest upon her from her body.  He lifted a single seedling up for her to see.

"Do not be mistaken by this drifting pariah's harmless appearance.  They are far more dangerous than the entire herd of the Ryginlo.  My people the Ryginlo, have existed apart from even the other inhabitants of this island.  We have no desire to be drawn into their foolish squabbles and self-destructive tendencies.  
These are called Leech Seedlings, they appear harmless, but when you get them wet enough they grow rapidly by sucking the very life force out of those who they attach too, and all lives beings they can entwine.  More than one foolish calf has lost its life to the slow death that these infernal seedlings bring, before being found wandering through the forest of this island.  But these are not the only dangers of the forest.  Seeing as you are still on your feet while we sing the Call to Slumber, I would like to speak with you as we.  Pardon the necessity of the Call, but we do not interact with the other races of Gendoshima by choice, as I was saying.  The Call is as much to protect them from the dangers of the forest as it is to maintain our privacy and seclusion from the other races.
We have been this way for longer than most have recorded history, removing our presence from the history of this land as best we could."

The other two Ryginlo begin to trumpet out the Call to Slumber as the patrols leader beings to walk with Shaea at his side.  He wasn't really giving her a choice in the matter, for her own good as much as the secrecy of the Ryginlo.

"Well, I suppose you never met an Elf that appreciated music then~" She winked playfully. Granted it was... odd to her ears, but it wasn't completely unpleasant. Possibly helped that she wasn't... from this place.

When the creature was able to delicately remove the seed from her shoulder, Shae raised a brow at this, and began recording their words on the parchment she had on hand as well as her quill. "I see... something these seedlings have in common with my old partner, Reiri... they liked to suck the life out of things- mortals, fun..." She says nonchalantly, when she felt her body being moved along on its own, pushed gently ahead, to keep in pace with the Ryginlo. She paused her scribbles, and began to walk on her own, looking up at the taller creatures with a slight annoyed glare, but it shifted back to her calmer demeanor. "Aside from the seedlings, you said there were other dangers in these woodlands?" She inquired, her quill at the ready again.
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:55 am

"Oh we have the normal assortment of wild animals that stalk the forest, some more evil than others. But most often it is the innocent appearing ones such as the Leech Seedlings that are the most dangerous. There is a certain breed of firefly that is among the more dangerous creatures of the island as well, which does not have the patience of the seedling to savor its food. Hmm... Ah yes there is also a species of dog, with three, no four heads which is bizarre, but they don't often appear. And for the most part we put all living beings to sleep to keep our home secluded and free from the burdens of the world around us."

They came to a halt as the Ryginlo drink from a stream before them, the trumpeting as constant as it had to be was thirst work. And they would need to refresh themselves for the long walk ahead of them.

"Let me see, we also have a species of dridder here, mini-dridder to be exact which has a love for stealing things from other species, but those little ones stay mostly to the Northern Forest around their nesting grounds and a very particular lake with another ancient organism dwelling within it. We do not remember what it is, despite how far back our memories reach. A plant of some sort which likes to play with its food and much like the Leech Seedlings take its time doing it. There are so many creatures on Gendoshima which can be considered dangerous, even a Dragon of some considerable years inhabits these lands, I believe a few younger ones as well but those all steer clear of this forest we do not tolerate their behavior here."

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaea Genvyre Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:46 am

Crisis Rocan wrote:"Oh we have the normal assortment of wild animals that stalk the forest, some more evil than others. But most often it is the innocent appearing ones such as the Leech Seedlings that are the most dangerous. There is a certain breed of firefly that is among the more dangerous creatures of the island as well, which does not have the patience of the seedling to savor its food. Hmm... Ah yes there is also a species of dog, with three, no four heads which is bizarre, but they don't often appear. And for the most part we put all living beings to sleep to keep our home secluded and free from the burdens of the world around us."

They came to a halt as the Ryginlo drink from a stream before them, the trumpeting as constant as it had to be was thirst work. And they would need to refresh themselves for the long walk ahead of them.

"Let me see, we also have a species of dridder here, mini-dridder to be exact which has a love for stealing things from other species, but those little ones stay mostly to the Northern Forest around their nesting grounds and a very particular lake with another ancient organism dwelling within it. We do not remember what it is, despite how far back our memories reach. A plant of some sort which likes to play with its food and much like the Leech Seedlings take its time doing it. There are so many creatures on Gendoshima which can be considered dangerous, even a Dragon of some considerable years inhabits these lands, I believe a few younger ones as well but those all steer clear of this forest we do not tolerate their behavior here."

“Uh huh… sounds… charming.” She sighed, the mention of the canines with mulitple heads was a tad bizarre.

As they paused by a stream to drink, he brought up the Dridder. “Ah, yes, where I’m from, they have those as well.” She chuckled. “They seem to share a similar mindset it seems, no matter where they’re from.” She added. As the thunderous, yet rhythmic trumpeting around them returned, Shaea blinked away the tiredness. “Ah… sounds like a jellmock, or an Alraune,” she replied, then turned to the skies. “What… is that?” She pointed up, at some sort of floating shadow… that looked like a floating island…
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 am

"Hrumph"

The lead Ryginlo cocked his head to the side, trunk swaying dangerously close to the ground as it looked up into the clearing sky.

"That's not good!"

His eyes locked onto the floating shadow to which she referred.

"Sky Island..."

Thoughtful pause.

"Not for long."

Continues their interrupted patrol.

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaea Genvyre Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Crisis Rocan wrote:"Hrumph"  

The lead Ryginlo cocked his head to the side, trunk swaying dangerously close to the ground as it looked up into the clearing sky.

"That's not good!"

His eyes locked onto the floating shadow to which she referred.

"Sky Island..."

Thoughtful pause.

"Not for long."

Continues their interrupted patrol.

Shea looked up to the sky at the island and then back to the Elephant-Kin, Ryginlo as they spoke amongst themselves and continued on their path. "Ominous~" Shaea says in a playful and oddly cheery mockery of a forewarned tone. She had nothing better to do but follow them along for now, taking notes tills something else caught her attention.
Shaea Genvyre
Shaea Genvyre
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:32 am

As they travel along leaving the forest asleep and unaware of their passing through, The Ryginlo slow as they approach something in the heart of the deep dark forest. Rays of sunlight pierce through ahead where the sky and lands are clear of trees as the panoramic view breaks wide open before them as they approach the blinding light of day.

Bamboo Woodland Hidden10

"Welcome to the ancient hoe of the Ryginlo, ancient in the slumbering forest. The Hidden City of Crisinro!"

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down