Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grand Hall

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Grand Hall Empty The Grand Hall

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Ceras removed her large coat, melting snow drifting off the thick leather and fur, removing the fur cap as well before handing both to one of the Aspirants who waited on her. Ceras rubbed her shoulders, shivering in spite of the large fire places that warmed the interior of the castle. "I see Patrickson is keeping things in order around here..." she yawned, looking around the great hall for the man. She was a little excited to come all this way out here for the inspections, but didn't count on the Far North's ice bite to be so... bitey. She wondered how the new Aspirant she found in the Vastness was doing, she was surprised he could handle the cold with the limited layers of clothes he had on out there. She shrugged, she'd look into his situated after she settled down here. She walked the glossy tile floors, glancing up at portraits of former Masters of the North, Izhevesk History and the like. The oil paintings were of interest as well, the supposed depiction of the nameless First Gunslinger, knee deep in bloody snow fighting ironically the Galideno Musketeers... their ancestors, in defense of the Scardian inhabitants of the region. Eventually the war would lead to the foundation of Izhevesk and the proper founding of the Gunslinger Association as a whole. This place holds traditional value for us Gunslingers, as well as the start of a new nation...its both old and new. She thought, reaching out to the display case which held the tattered ancient remains of the First Gunslinger's coat, Hat... the silver bracers were sent to the Danton Academy where one of her Apprentices turned Rogue vandalized and stole them before fleeing to Ithteca. She still was trying to find a way to worm him out of the protection of the Demon Hunting School out there... he violated the Gunslinger Law and had to face the judgment for it, and those bracers, heirlooms of their way of life, needed to be returned.

She sighed, running a hand against the glass. I feel as though a certain Exeteer would wear this coat well. She chuckled, thinking of her friend, and ally, Leland McKelly. She recalled her first meeting with him in 2639, in the Ithteca Mountain chain. The DarkSEED trying to kill them with long range cannon fire, killing their own men in the process. I managed to get Shelke out of there though, with his help. If not for him, we'd both be dead. She continued to stare into the glass at the items... partially wondering what happened to the First Gunslinger's pistol he had used... perhaps it was undergoing repair. It had been a thousand years or so.
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

The Grand Hall Empty Re: The Grand Hall

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:27 pm

"Ah, Del Reina, there you are." A voice from the top of the staircase nearby says as he descends to her level. He is tall, middle aged with black parted hair that was slicked back with stubble upon his chin. The leather tabard coat he wore swayed with his movements, his leather boots clicking upon the polished tile at the base of the stairs. His brown eyes fell upon the woman, a smile upon his face. "Welcome to the North." He says, handing her a cup of tea. "Here, have some tea. It helps with the chill, but have no worries, 'within these walls the snow nor frost falls' or so they say up here, heheh." He chuckled. "I take it your travel here was uneventful, I hope?" He asked, before his eyes turned to the display and for a moment... caught a glimpse of a name he hadn't heard of in a long time... He took a sip of herbal tea to keep himself from viewing into her thoughts, his 'Sight' worming into places it shouldn't.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Evan Patrickson wrote:"Ah, Del Reina, there you are." A voice from the top of the staircase nearby says as he descends to her level. He is tall, middle aged with black parted hair that was slicked back with stubble upon his chin. The leather tabard coat he wore swayed with his movements, his leather boots clicking upon the polished tile at the base of the stairs. His brown eyes fell upon the woman, a smile upon his face. "Welcome to the North." He says, handing her a cup of tea. "Here, have some tea. It helps with the chill, but have no worries, 'within these walls the snow nor frost falls' or so they say up here, heheh." He chuckled. "I take it your travel here was uneventful, I hope?" He asked, before his eyes turned to the display and for a moment... caught a glimpse of a name he hadn't heard of in a long time... He took a sip of herbal tea to keep himself from viewing into her thoughts, his 'Sight' worming into places it shouldn't.

Ceras turned suddenly to Evan and let out a sigh of relief, startled from his echoing voice. "Oh, you startled me Master Patrickson." She chuckled, hand on her chest, sighing. She took the spare tea cup graciously, thanking him before taking a sip herself. "Mm, yes. Another blizzard for the ages out there. Uneventful though I almost literally ran into a new Aspirant out there; brought him in a couple hours ago." She replied. The tall man in front of her was a seasoned Gunslinger, and had been the Master of the North for nearly 19 years. She was certain he had better training and experience than herself. "You don't have to call me Del Reina, seriously, just call me Ceras, Evan; Master Patrickson." She smirked, taking another sip. The tea warmed her soul, her body feeling rejuvenated already! "Mm... you still pour a good cup of tea." She smirked.
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:46 pm

The mysterious armored Gunslinger leaned against the hall wall, and waited. His face hidden beneath the brim of his stetson, and shades. A cigar lit, hanging from his lips. He seemed to be waiting for something.

'Hmm, Leland's memories of the association seems to have come in handy... Need to break the news of all of this slowly to ease the pressure on Yoko before she arrives., that is not her burden to bear...' 'Cyrus', who was a psionic clone of Ed thought to himself.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:56 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:
Evan Patrickson wrote:"Ah, Del Reina, there you are." A voice from the top of the staircase nearby says as he descends to her level. He is tall, middle aged with black parted hair that was slicked back with stubble upon his chin. The leather tabard coat he wore swayed with his movements, his leather boots clicking upon the polished tile at the base of the stairs. His brown eyes fell upon the woman, a smile upon his face. "Welcome to the North." He says, handing her a cup of tea. "Here, have some tea. It helps with the chill, but have no worries, 'within these walls the snow nor frost falls' or so they say up here, heheh." He chuckled. "I take it your travel here was uneventful, I hope?" He asked, before his eyes turned to the display and for a moment... caught a glimpse of a name he hadn't heard of in a long time... He took a sip of herbal tea to keep himself from viewing into her thoughts, his 'Sight' worming into places it shouldn't.

Ceras turned suddenly to Evan and let out a sigh of relief, startled from his echoing voice. "Oh, you startled me Master Patrickson." She chuckled, hand on her chest, sighing. She took the spare tea cup graciously, thanking him before taking a sip herself. "Mm, yes. Another blizzard for the ages out there. Uneventful though I almost literally ran into a new Aspirant out there; brought him in a couple hours ago." She replied. The tall man in front of her was a seasoned Gunslinger, and had been the Master of the North for nearly 19 years. She was certain he had better training and experience than herself. "You don't have to call me Del Reina, seriously, just call me Ceras, Evan; Master Patrickson." She smirked, taking another sip. The tea warmed her soul, her body feeling rejuvenated already! "Mm... you still pour a good cup of tea." She smirked.  

He raised a brow about the new arrival, but didn't press for more info, partly not caring. "More Aspiring Gunslingers huh..." He took another soothing sip of tea, before she brought up the conducts. He nearly choked on his sip before composing himself, chuckling. "Del Reina, you flatter me, but I cannot be asked to do such. You are Del Reina, the Head Gunslinger, you ask a peasant to call the Queen by her first name." He closed his eyes chuckling. "By all right, you may address me as Evan, Del Reina." He added, before opening his brown eyes and stared into the red colored water in his tea cup, smirking. "Ah, yes. Some call me the 'Master of the Tea' behind my back, or other related things. My master pressed the importance of tea, it helps soothe the soul, and quite frankly I like drinking it." He takes another sip, before sighing contentedly. He turned to the display again. "I see you were observing the Duster of the First. I find myself staring at the coat myself some nights, wondering what kind of man he was. That reminds me, are you still unable to get a hold of those Silver Bracers that... Rogue bastard stole from the Southern Academy, Del Reina?" He asked, groaning a little at the topic of the bracers. Stealing historical artifacts of your culture, then fleeing like a coward...If I was allowed, I'd send in a team and rip him from his safety of the Cathedral... He thought, squeezing the tea cup a little tighter. He noticed the Del Reina took notice, and eased his grip. "Sorry, it still doesn't sit well with me, as much as you I suppose." He sighed.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:06 pm

She chuckled. "You've always been quite the traditional Gunslinger Gentleman, Evan." Ceras then frowned at the mention of the bracers. "No luck yet, unfortunately. It pains me, though, I suppose not as strongly as you, Evan. I feel responsible... the young man in question was my apprentice after all." Her onyx gaze turned to the plumes of smoke from around the corner, in a corridor leading into another wing of the castle, before returning her gaze to Evan. "We will get them back in time. I have a couple Enforcers on the case, observing him. As soon as he leaves the safety of the School he will be apprehended and face judgment for his crimes." She explained, though she didn't like the thought of punishing her own... former apprentice.
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:15 pm

'Cyrus' let out an amused "Heh" when he heard Evan refer to him as an Aspirant. 'Not quite. Though perhaps as young as they are, they won't quite remember how deep cover operations work. After all, a mere Aspirant would never know what I have to report.' he thought. He hated using deception like this, but in order to avoid panic, it was a necessary step for the moment. If Ed appeared in his new Archangel state out of the blue, a lot could go very wrong very fast, and Leland's own memories warned him of this, so he treaded the line more delicately. A lot closer to how he had to work before and during the Tall Oaks incident back on Earth.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:She chuckled. "You've always been quite the traditional Gunslinger Gentleman, Evan." Ceras then frowned at the mention of the bracers. "No luck yet, unfortunately. It pains me, though, I suppose not as strongly as you, Evan. I feel responsible... the young man in question was my apprentice after all." Her onyx gaze turned to the plumes of smoke from around the corner, in a corridor leading into another wing of the castle, before returning her gaze to Evan. "We will get them back in time. I have a couple Enforcers on the case, observing him. As soon as he leaves the safety of the School he will be apprehended and face judgment for his crimes." She explained, though she didn't like the thought of punishing her own... former apprentice.

He twitched a little. "A rogue has no right to call themselves a Gunslinger, even if they were an apprentice of the Head Gunslinger. Don't blame yourself for his sin, Milady. The despicable cur violated the laws, and when he's captured will pay for them. He should consider himself lucky he was not a Gunslinger from our era; back then... Rogues knew their betters. We'd been on his ass like white on rice...there would have been no place for him to run and hide to." He grumbled. He turned his brown eyed gaze back to the Gunslinger, and noticed she was looking somewhere behind him. His eyes shifted slightly, following her gaze to a plume of smoke. An eavesdropper..? He thought. He blinked, looking back to the Del Reina. "Heh... if your cur was up here, he'd be wishing for mercy. You know... if you want, I could just swing by that place, load a few neutralization rounds into him and drag his ass back to the Danton Academy if you wished for it, Del Reina." He smirked, sipping the last of his tea.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:22 pm

"There are many things the New Blood don't know. As us Old Bloods have lived through older rules and traditions, some were indeed more helpful... but there were some dark punishments and traditions, Evan. Old things no one wants to remember... things we had to go through as Apprentices. The Final Examination, for instance..." She reminded, before Ceras smiled at Evan's attempt to cheer her up, and then he made his offer; the Head Gunslinger laughing upon hearing it. "Oh, you know you can't do that Evan! As much as Lloyd deserves it." She chuckled. "This is a new era for the Association, we can't just interfere with other national interests like we could in the past!"
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:"There are many things the New Blood don't know. As us Old Bloods have lived through older rules and traditions, some were indeed more helpful... but there were some dark punishments and traditions, Evan. Old things no one wants to remember... things we had to go through as Apprentices. The Final Examination, for instance..." She reminded, before Ceras smiled at Evan's attempt to cheer her up, and then he made his offer; the Head Gunslinger laughing upon hearing it. "Oh, you know you can't do that Evan! As much as Lloyd deserves it." She chuckled. "This is a new era for the Association, we can't just interfere with other national interests like we could in the past!"

Evan felt a dark chill run down his spine upon her reflecting the old ways. The Final Examination especially was something he was mixed on. A part of him still feels guilt for slaying his Master, in order to claim his right to become a Master... but he saw it as a necessary evil for the growth of his character, and of a Gunslinger. It was his weight to bear, like all other Gunslinger Masters before him... the Del Reina spoke of such things like she experienced them herself, but if he was to recall correctly, she was but an Enforcer during the era the original Final Exam was still in effect. Yet, he bit his tongue and her second response made it clear she was definitely more interested in the new era's way of thinking. He smirked at her laughter. "I only jest, Del Reina." He takes his tea cup to his lips once more to drain what little tea remained, before walking towards the fireplace. A servant, non-aspirant walking up to take his cup when he handed it to them. He folded his hands behind his back, and stared into the flames. The crimson and orange light illuminating his dark face, giving him an unearthly almost sinister glow. "Well, this talk of things past has gone dreary, Del Reina." He looked over his shoulder at her, his smirk remaining. "Lets talk about the inspection of the Academy and your stay in the meantime. Is there anything you are looking for in particular or may need of me in the coming days?" He requested.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:42 pm

She continued to drink her tea, following him over to the fire place where the flames heat was intense, far more than she could handle so she kept her distance. Evan however, was practically in the yawning flames without a sign of discomfort. Ceras took a moment to think of what she could possibly need, and shrugged. "Nothing comes to mind, as it is, just run the place as you would normally and I'll observe Evan." She says, raising the tea cup with a smile, and taking a long sip.
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:53 pm

At that, 'Cyrus' could remain quiet no longer, and made his presence more well known. "Have the Masters considered 'talking' to the wayward student before deciding to tie the boy up, flay and geld him? You know, actually investigate the root cause for his decision to leave, rather than punish the symptom?" came the deep baritone voice of a voice long past.

The man stood up to his full height off the wall, and removed his shades, revealing his bright green eyes to the pair of masters. "There are reasons we moved past those aged laws... You are both old enough to remember them, but young enough still to be naive about them - if you'll forgive an old Master his candor. That said, a boy and his bracers are about to become the least of the Associations concerns."

"Deep Cover Operative, Master Cyrus Morden, It's been a few years since my last report, but this one could not wait." Cyrus cleared his throat before he began.

"Approximately 48 hours ago, Ithteca City was attacked and laid under siege by demons, and monsters of a type never seen before. They were co-ordinated, effective and well trained. They posessed weapons built from technology far more advanced than anything I've ever seen before, and posessed vast magical powers easily rivalling anything on record at best. The horde was beaten back by the appearance of the Wargod Stratus. After a protracted fight, the enemy retreated to a tower that had appeared in Guardian's Gorge, which mere hours later was destroyed in a sudden flash of light that bored the entire gorge out. I've never even seen such power before... but the beam tunnelled out the gorge into a glassy smooth giant tube like valley... The beam that caused it shot off into space. Gunslinger Enforcer Yoko Hinomoto was onsite and can confirm my report when she arrives to deliver hers. According to witness reports, the attack that caused all this was done by a single individual. An individual who then flew at speeds several times the speed of sound, carrying Yoko towards Danton, After that, I lost track. Having seen the tower, I decided to reach out to my contacts. Turns out, there are two more of them. one has arisen within the Gazatine Ruins. The other... is in Azrond, at the heart of Amaine Forest. Both locations are now overrun with these monsters... I hope that whomever the individual was that destroyed the first tower does not make the attempt at Asrond... Worse case scenario, it'll blow that MAKO reactor, and that could result in a chain reaction, destroying the planetary crust with it."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:23 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:She continued to drink her tea, following him over to the fire place where the flames heat was intense, far more than she could handle so she kept her distance. Evan however, was practically in the yawning flames without a sign of discomfort. Ceras took a moment to think of what she could possibly need, and shrugged. "Nothing comes to mind, as it is, just run the place as you would normally and I'll observe Evan." She says, raising the tea cup with a smile, and taking a long sip.

"Very well then, then if you wish to be shown to your quarters, Mr. Ivanov will-" he was suddenly interrupted by the individual who both Gunslinger had noticed listening in, but had not addressed till then.

Edgar Holden wrote:At that, 'Cyrus' could remain quiet no longer, and made his presence more well known. "Have the Masters considered 'talking' to the wayward student before deciding to tie the boy up, flay and geld him? You know, actually investigate the root cause for his decision to leave, rather than punish the symptom?" came the deep baritone voice of a voice long past.

Evan didn't particularly cared for the tall man's tone, a Gunslinger by appearance... but his Sight had some odd doubts about that. He had his hand ready to grab his DLX just in case... "-well eavesdropper, glad to see you've come to enter our chat. Tell us please, why we should not pursue a criminal for a crime we have proof that he had committed?" He asked smartly, unsure if the cur knew who either of them were. He'd let him know soon, if he continued his misconduct to a Del Reina and the Regulador de Norte.

Edgar Holden wrote:The man stood up to his full height off the wall, and removed his shades, revealing his bright green eyes to the pair of masters. "There are reasons we moved past those aged laws... You are both old enough to remember them, but young enough still to be naive about them - if you'll forgive an old Master his candor. That said, a boy and his bracers are about to become the least of the Associations concerns."

He twitched again. "His crime of theft and fleeing the Association without permission is evidence enough of his guilt, but I see no further reason to explain the situation to you further about such things. Is there a reason for your misplaced passive aggression, towards us?" he questions, looking him up and down. "I don't recall your face... who are you old one?"

Edgar Holden wrote:"Deep Cover Operative, Master Cyrus Morden, It's been a few years since my last report, but this one could not wait." Cyrus cleared his throat before he began.

"Approximately 48 hours ago, Ithteca City was attacked and laid under siege by demons, and monsters of a type never seen before. They were co-ordinated, effective and well trained. They posessed weapons built from technology far more advanced than anything I've ever seen before, and posessed vast magical powers easily rivalling anything on record at best. The horde was beaten back by the appearance of the Wargod Stratus. After a protracted fight, the enemy retreated to a tower that had appeared in Guardian's Gorge, which mere hours later was destroyed in a sudden flash of light that bored the entire gorge out. I've never even seen such power before... but the beam tunnelled out the gorge into a glassy smooth giant tube like valley... The beam that caused it shot off into space. Gunslinger Enforcer Yoko Hinomoto was onsite and can confirm my report when she arrives to deliver hers. According to witness reports, the attack that caused all this was done by a single individual. An individual who then flew at speeds several times the speed of sound, carrying Yoko towards Danton, After that, I lost track. Having seen the tower, I decided to reach out to my contacts. Turns out, there are two more of them. one has arisen within the Gazatine Ruins. The other... is in Azrond, at the heart of Amaine Forest. Both locations are now overrun with these monsters... I hope that whomever the individual was that destroyed the first tower does not make the attempt at Asrond... Worse case scenario, it'll blow that MAKO reactor, and that could result in a chain reaction, destroying the planetary crust with it."

He never heard of the name before, but there was a chance he was part of Del Rey Deschain's or Del Ray Ydnah's outfit... he certainly looked old enough. If so, the man was quite dedicated to his job... yet Evan had his doubts, but for now played the fool. His report came in at first, as a mild amusement, half wondering if the man was speaking from the bottom of a bottle of moonshine or whiskey...till he mentioned Yoko Hinomoto. For the second time that day, old memories and feelings resurfaced, and the Master of the North turned pale. "Enforcer Hinomoto knows she is barred from the Far North, that was the Del Rey's mandate, months prior to his death eighteen years ago." He stated, before he realized why she would break such a rule, turning to the Del Reina. "...Oh, I assume then she was going to inform you of the situation then, Del Reina, but was unable to get a hold of you." He surmised quickly. "We'll have to send someone to her, to let her know she has no reason to come up here with the state things are down south. It would be best for her to inform your second in charge down there Del Reina, and have them prepare to evacuate Danton city and the Danton Academy. Amaine's near the bloody city after all... the Southern Academy's Aspirants and Apprentices are in danger, they're not ready for a force of that magnitude if Master Morden's report is to be believed. As for these other towers, these spire things... I'll have a team of Enforcers scout the Gazatine Ruins." He says to the Del Reina, before turning to this 'Master Cyrus Morden'. "...What state was Enforcer Hinomoto in you last seen her? What is the description of the man who took her away?" He asked.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Ceras turned to the man both powerful members of the Gunslinger Association had sensed. He spoke very openly, with a hint of distaste she noticed that felt oddly placed, with reasons unbeknownst to herself. "Master Morden?" She says with uncertainty. She didn't recognize the name, it would have been in the registry even if he was deep cover, something she wasn't even aware the Association was capable of. Like Evan, her mind went to the Head Gunslingers from before her, Cain Deschain and Cyrus Ydnah. He could have been from late Ydnah or early Deschain... and he's treating us if we were twenty years old... then again, he's definitely older than either of us in appearance... The 40 year old woman thought.

The news of the towers, of Yoko and the demons made her face go pale. "I should return to the Academy then, they'll need someone to lead them, I can't let those demons just steamroll through Danton unopposed!" She says, feeling nervous. "Where's my coat?"
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:Ceras turned to the man both powerful members of the Gunslinger Association had sensed. He spoke very openly, with a hint of distaste she noticed that felt oddly placed, with reasons unbeknownst to herself. "Master Morden?" She says with uncertainty. She didn't recognize the name, it would have been in the registry even if he was deep cover, something she wasn't even aware the Association was capable of. Like Evan, her mind went to the Head Gunslingers from before her, Cain Deschain and Cyrus Ydnah. He could have been from late Ydnah or early Deschain... and he's treating us if we were twenty years old... then again, he's definitely older than either of us in appearance... The 40 year old woman thought.

The news of the towers, of Yoko and the demons made her face go pale. "I should return to the Academy then, they'll need someone to lead them, I can't let those demons just steamroll through Danton unopposed!" She says, feeling nervous. "Where's my coat?"

Evan quickly returned his attention back to the Head Gunslinger. "Del Reina, I must object!" he says, turning fully to her, grabbing her shoulders gently. "You are the Association's leader, if you are to fall the organization will flounder and there will be unrest; there will be Gunslingers squabbling for the seat of power and nothing will be done about the demons. Stay here, where it is safe, I implore you." He says worriedly when he thought of another idea. "We could have the non essential Gunslingers, the Aspirants, the Apprentices and the weak and sick ones sent up here for their safety as well." He suggested.

Last edited by Evan Patrickson on Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Evan Patrickson wrote:"Very well then, then if you wish to be shown to your quarters, Mr. Ivanov will-" he was suddenly interrupted by the individual who both Gunslinger had noticed listening in, but had not addressed till then.

Evan didn't particularly cared for the tall man's tone, a Gunslinger by appearance... but his Sight had some odd doubts about that. He had his hand ready to grab his DLX just in case... "-well eavesdropper, glad to see you've come to enter our chat. Tell us please, why we should not pursue a criminal for a crime we have proof that he had committed?" He asked smartly, unsure if the cur knew who either of them were. He'd let him know soon, if he continued his misconduct to a Del Reina and the Regulador de Norte.

He twitched again. "His crime of theft and fleeing the Association without permission is evidence enough of his guilt, but I see no further reason to explain the situation to you further about such things. Is there a reason for your misplaced passive aggression, towards us?" he questions, looking him up and down. "I don't recall your face... who are you old one?"

He never heard of the name before, but there was a chance he was part of Del Rey Deschain's or Del Ray Ydnah's outfit... he certainly looked old enough. If so, the man was quite dedicated to his job... yet Evan had his doubts, but for now played the fool. His report came in at first, as a mild amusement, half wondering if the man was speaking from the bottom of a bottle of moonshine or whiskey...till he mentioned Yoko Hinomoto. For the second time that day, old memories and feelings resurfaced, and the Master of the North turned pale. "Enforcer Hinomoto knows she is barred from the Far North, that was the Del Rey's mandate, months prior to his death eighteen years ago." He stated, before he realized why she would break such a rule, turning to the Del Reina. "...Oh, I assume then she was going to inform you of the situation then, Del Reina, but was unable to get a hold of you." He surmised quickly. "We'll have to send someone to her, to let her know she has no reason to come up here with the state things are down south. It would be best for her to inform your second in charge down there Del Reina, and have them prepare to evacuate Danton city and the Danton Academy. Amaine's near the bloody city after all... the Southern Academy's Aspirants and Apprentices are in danger, they're not ready for a force of that magnitude if Master Morden's report is to be believed. As for these other towers, these spire things... I'll have a team of Enforcers scout the Gazatine Ruins." He says to the Del Reina, before turning to this 'Master Cyrus Morden'. "...What state was Enforcer Hinomoto in you last seen her? What is the description of the man who took her away?" He asked.

Ceras Deltora wrote:Ceras turned to the man both powerful members of the Gunslinger Association had sensed. He spoke very openly, with a hint of distaste she noticed that felt oddly placed, with reasons unbeknownst to herself. "Master Morden?" She says with uncertainty. She didn't recognize the name, it would have been in the registry even if he was deep cover, something she wasn't even aware the Association was capable of. Like Evan, her mind went to the Head Gunslingers from before her, Cain Deschain and Cyrus Ydnah. He could have been from late Ydnah or early Deschain... and he's treating us if we were twenty years old... then again, he's definitely older than either of us in appearance... The 40 year old woman thought.

'Cyrus' sighed. "It would already be too late, Del Reina Ceras. But the monsters advance seems to have halted to within the Amaine treeline. They arn't leaving the edges of that accursed forest. An APB has been put out to order the civilians of the dangers of going anywhere near the forest, and several missing person reports and murders within the forest before knowledge of the towers existence came to our attention. Also.... There were reports coming out of Beijio. Leland McKelly departed the city on a direct course through the badlands towards Amaine, accompanied by one Elven woman named Anastasia Faizland. 24 hours after their departure, a minor seismic disturbance was detected coming from the desert. Since then, nothing."

He looked at both masters, his green eyes almost glowing as he looked at them both. "As for intercepting Yoko, it may already be too late. In her mind, the fate of the world is more important than a restriction placed upon her for reasons nobody dared to explain to her, over a dead law. Perhaps, Del Reina, another correction of a past mistake is long overdue in that regard, before you risk losing all three of them for a reason that made no sense to begin with." 'Cyrus hinted that Eriko and Yoko would not be the only Gunslingers the association would lose.

"Enforcer Hinomoto arrived in Danton according to last reports, searching for Lady Deltora. When she learned Del Reina was not in the city, she made frantic arrangements for transport here. She is on the way. As for the description of the person who took her from Guardian's Gorge - Male, approximately 7 foot 11 inches in height. muscular build, caucasian, tanned complexion, black of hair with a beard and moustache. He was seen wearing the torn remnants of what appeared to be black armor and robes. He had a large scar on his chest." He looked between the two. "Identity unknown at this time. but the individual's description has been seen only sporadically over the past two weeks. before that.... nothing. The man is a ghost."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Ceras looked mixed at the news, before agreeing to stay between both Gunslinger's judgments. "Fine... but I need someone to send word out to get those Aspirants out here, and anyone who are too ill to fight." She issued, before turning to the 'Cyrus'. She felt uneasy at his revelation of Yoko, and began to go past the edge of suspicion. "Deep Cover or not..." She stepped back, hand on one of her guns. "Someone whose been out of the loop for years wouldn't know something about that, especially something that isn't of informational value to a spy or undercover agent. The law of a past Del Rey or Del Reina carries on even if they pass away, I'm afraid... you would know that if you were a real Gunslinger." She pressed. Gunslingers were perceptive, and his story didn't add up now. What she said was half true; the law or order of punishment continues even after the Head Gunslinger who ordered it passed away or is no longer in power... but the new Head can pardon and remove orders as well if given just cause. She did that when she ascended to her seat to Yoko, to remove the Rogue Deserter status that was over her head during Cain's era. "Who are you really? If you come from either the tail end of Cyrus' Era or the beginning of Cain's, you wouldn't and shouldn't be in the know of the information you are insinuating to have. And even if you are, you broke conduct and have been snooping in affairs that are not of your rank to deliberate about, sir." She began. "How did you come across that info and what benefit does it gain to use against me? Are you an enemy of the Association or are you a friend?" She asked, authoritatively but respectfully.
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 pm

The news about Leland going to the heart of the forest to battle the demons made him mentally sigh. Of course that idiot would do that...always has to be the hero. Things never change. He grumbled, sadly thinking that his old rival was perhaps the only other Gunslinger who would have agreed with him on state manners. Both he and the Del Reina made the same observations, as he spoke of things he shouldn't have. The associations between Yoko and Leland, the north, that Yoko was coming put a different image in his head:

The Grand Hall 49765634_p0_by_makothesquirrel-dc0gwvo

He felt his heart dip, and then the worry. "You best answer the Del Reina before I call Enforcers in here." Were his only words. Otherwise he was thinking of how to keep everything contained, especially if Yoko was truly on her way. A part of him felt excited to see the woman... another, dreading if she found out the truth. Considering what they did to her... there's a chance the two may not even realize they're related... stop worrying. He told himself.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:37 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:Ceras looked mixed at the news, before agreeing to stay between both Gunslinger's judgments. "Fine... but I need someone to send word out to get those Aspirants out here, and anyone who are too ill to fight." She issued, before turning to the 'Cyrus'. She felt uneasy at his revelation of Yoko, and began to go past the edge of suspicion. "Deep Cover or not..." She stepped back, hand on one of her guns. "Someone whose been out of the loop for years wouldn't know something about that, especially something that isn't of informational value to a spy or undercover agent. The law of a past Del Rey or Del Reina carries on even if they pass away, I'm afraid... you would know that if you were a real Gunslinger." She pressed. Gunslingers were perceptive, and his story didn't add up now. What she said was half true; the law or order of punishment continues even after the Head Gunslinger who ordered it passed away or is no longer in power... but the new Head can pardon and remove orders as well if given just cause. She did that when she ascended to her seat to Yoko, to remove the Rogue Deserter status that was over her head during Cain's era. "Who are you really? If you come from either the tail end of Cyrus' Era or the beginning of Cain's, you wouldn't and shouldn't be in the know of the information you are insinuating to have. And even if you are, you broke conduct and have been snooping in affairs that are not of your rank to deliberate about, sir." She began. "How did you come across that info and what benefit does it gain to use against me? Are you an enemy of the Association or are you a friend?" She asked, authoritatively but respectfully.

Evan Patrickson wrote:The news about Leland going to the heart of the forest to battle the demons made him mentally sigh. Of course that idiot would do that...always has to be the hero. Things never change. He grumbled, sadly thinking that his old rival was perhaps the only other Gunslinger who would have agreed with him on state manners. Both he and the Del Reina made the same observations, as he spoke of things he shouldn't have. The associations between Yoko and Leland, the north, that Yoko was coming put a different image in his head:

The Grand Hall 49765634_p0_by_makothesquirrel-dc0gwvo

He felt his heart dip, and then the worry. "You best answer the Del Reina before I call Enforcers in here." Were his only words. Otherwise he was thinking of how to keep everything contained, especially if Yoko was truly on her way. A part of him felt excited to see the woman... another, dreading if she found out the truth. Considering what they did to her... there's a chance the two may not even realize they're related... stop worrying. He told himself.

'Cyrus' maintained a stoic face for only a moment, before he smiled. However, his smile was not of malice, or evil, nor was it out of fear of being caught. No, this was something else. "Hmm, Good... Very good. Leland's memories of you two were not wrong. You remind me of students I once had, a very long time ago."

The smile shallowed a little. "Your concerns are justified, yet misplaced. The truth of who and what I am however, will be very difficult for you to understand and accept on word alone. Therefore.... I must show you the truth - that you may see with your own eyes. Deception is not my style anyway..."

With these words, 'Cyrus' skin and clothing began to illuminate in golden flames! the sacred fire quickly consumed the being before them, until a new shape began to take form within the flames. Golden armored hands and feet first stepped from the blaze.

The Grand Hall 0mlD5P4

"My real name is Edward Holden. Recently Ascended Archangel of Justice. I am not of your world... I originally came here to combat the forces of Hell that have laid siege to your world."

Edward's flames faded, leaving behind the golden armored warrior to stand before the Gunslingers. He removed his hood, as his shield vanished before them.

The Grand Hall Cu5ITr6

"I understand you will both have many questions of me. I will do what I can to answer them for you - for your world needs you, and I have no desire to deter you that path. But the answers I have for you may contain many harsh truths. I will not lie to you, and my nature demands that I tell you a harsh truth, rather than a convenient lie."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:21 pm

She watched as the facade melted away, and both Gunslingers now stood before the man with puzzled looks. "I was going to point out that you carried the name of two different Del Reys..." she smirked. "So...why come to us, I must ask. We Gunslingers typically try to keep out of matters not concerning the Association, though this demon plague certainly changes matters on a degree." She shrugged.
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Evan didn't know what to think as he watched the intruder show his true colors, his true visage. He kept quiet, his eyes turning to the Del Reina, observing her handling the situation. Now... what will our Head Gunslinger say about this... He thought, before his eyes flashed back to the man. He knew something was off about him from the start, but why put them through the charade and bring up the past about Yoko... He wanted to leave and check up on Eriko, his fatherly instincts kicking in, but he had a duty to remain with the Del Reina.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Ceras Deltora wrote:She watched as the facade melted away, and both Gunslingers now stood before the man with puzzled looks. "I was going to point out that you carried the name of two different Del Reys..." she smirked. "So...why come to us, I must ask. We Gunslingers typically try to keep out of matters not concerning the Association, though this demon plague certainly changes matters on a degree." She shrugged.

Evan Patrickson wrote:Evan didn't know what to think as he watched the intruder show his true colors, his true visage. He kept quiet, his eyes turning to the Del Reina, observing her handling the situation. Now... what will our Head Gunslinger say about this... He thought, before his eyes flashed back to the man. He knew something was off about him from the start, but why put them through the charade and bring up the past about Yoko... He wanted to leave and check up on Eriko, his fatherly instincts kicking in, but he had a duty to remain with the Del Reina.

"From the memories I gleamed when I first arrived on this world, as well as those specifically of Leland McKelly, I determined that the Gunslingers would be necessary in aiding in the defense of Galiavan against the Hell Hordes. The Siege of Ithteca proved to me one thing... As prepared as your world's armies and defenses may be against the Demon Realm denizens, they are woefully unprepared to face the Horde. The explanations and the stories behind everything are long and complex... but the short version is that the demons your world are familiar with, are long separated remnants of those who were lost in a long prior war with Heaven. They are known to the Horde as Sundered Ones, and one of their goals is to recover their lost kin, and make them strong again."

Edgar frowned as the story his mother told him replayed in his memory. "Until today... I had no idea why they would do this. Demons are not known for camaraderie, even among their own kind. But it would seem they are martialling strength for a different purpose."

"That was, originally, my sole reason for me coming before you now. Until I detected something else that caught my interest. Of the two gunslingers I have met on this world thus far, Leland and Yoko respectively, I became curious as to exactly WHY I detected an exact spiritual and psionic match to them here in the North. And lo and behold I find Eriko... I also found it curious as to why neither parents nor the child knew of the others existence. So I consulted a particular tome I acquired from Esdar when I first arrived on this planet two weeks ago, when I performed my first planetary scan of Galiavan so I wouldn't be fighting the Horde blind... What do you suppose I found out, asking the Wargod of Endings directly?" Ed's face turned into a stern frown as his green eyes turned hard as steel. "I find a young girl had been separated from her parents, and all three have had their conscious memories altered by force! As the Archangel of Justice, I see nothing to justify this horrendous practice when it was performed, nor do I see why you have not undone this horrendous action. You may not know this, but Leland's current course of action is dictated by vengeance. His wife and children have been killed by Sundered Ones on the Beijio Scardia Islands not too long ago. I met him in the Badlands as he made his way towards my second target - the Azrond Ruins. He is driven by greif and the desire for vengeance. If he knew he still had living kin, he perhaps would not have chosen such a dangerously reckless mission." He then points his finger at the two master Gunslingers. "No matter your forbears mistakes, the fact that you stand by and do nothing knowing this atrocity has occurred makes you equally as responsible for it's outcomes. I should drag the four of you out to Amaine right now, and make you answer for this sin... But, I have far larger matters that require my immediate attention, such as the defense of your world."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Patrickson Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:20 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:
Ceras Deltora wrote:She watched as the facade melted away, and both Gunslingers now stood before the man with puzzled looks. "I was going to point out that you carried the name of two different Del Reys..." she smirked. "So...why come to us, I must ask. We Gunslingers typically try to keep out of matters not concerning the Association, though this demon plague certainly changes matters on a degree." She shrugged.

Evan Patrickson wrote:Evan didn't know what to think as he watched the intruder show his true colors, his true visage. He kept quiet, his eyes turning to the Del Reina, observing her handling the situation. Now... what will our Head Gunslinger say about this... He thought, before his eyes flashed back to the man. He knew something was off about him from the start, but why put them through the charade and bring up the past about Yoko... He wanted to leave and check up on Eriko, his fatherly instincts kicking in, but he had a duty to remain with the Del Reina.

"From the memories I gleamed when I first arrived on this world, as well as those specifically of Leland McKelly, I determined that the Gunslingers would be necessary in aiding in the defense of Galiavan against the Hell Hordes. The Siege of Ithteca proved to me one thing... As prepared as your world's armies and defenses may be against the Demon Realm denizens, they are woefully unprepared to face the Horde. The explanations and the stories behind everything are long and complex... but the short version is that the demons your world are familiar with, are long separated remnants of those who were lost in a long prior war with Heaven. They are known to the Horde as Sundered Ones, and one of their goals is to recover their lost kin, and make them strong again."

Edgar frowned as the story his mother told him replayed in his memory. "Until today... I had no idea why they would do this. Demons are not known for camaraderie, even among their own kind. But it would seem they are martialling strength for a different purpose."

"That was, originally, my sole reason for me coming before you now. Until I detected something else that caught my interest. Of the two gunslingers I have met on this world thus far, Leland and Yoko respectively, I became curious as to exactly WHY I detected an exact spiritual and psionic match to them here in the North. And lo and behold I find Eriko... I also found it curious as to why neither parents nor the child knew of the others existence. So I consulted a particular tome I acquired from Esdar when I first arrived on this planet two weeks ago, when I performed my first planetary scan of Galiavan so I wouldn't be fighting the Horde blind... What do you suppose I found out, asking the Wargod of Endings directly?" Ed's face turned into a stern frown as his green eyes turned hard as steel. "I find a young girl had been separated from her parents, and all three have had their conscious memories altered by force! As the Archangel of Justice, I see nothing to justify this horrendous practice when it was performed, nor do I see why you have not undone this horrendous action. You may not know this, but Leland's current course of action is dictated by vengeance. His wife and children have been killed by Sundered Ones on the Beijio Scardia Islands not too long ago. I met him in the Badlands as he made his way towards my second target - the Azrond Ruins. He is driven by greif and the desire for vengeance. If he knew he still had living kin, he perhaps would not have chosen such a dangerously reckless mission." He then points his finger at the two master Gunslingers. "No matter your forbears mistakes, the fact that you stand by and do nothing knowing this atrocity has occurred makes you equally as responsible for it's outcomes. I should drag the four of you out to Amaine right now, and make you answer for this sin... But, I have far larger matters that require my immediate attention, such as the defense of your world."

"And why do you care?" Evan asked. "Seems like your priorities are not in order, you want to gain allies by berating them? Such manners for a supposed higher being." He scoffed, before getting to the point. "Regardless of your threats, this is none of your concern. Its a Gunslinger manner. And as for Leland, it sounds to me he's gone Rogue, damn bastard, I knew he would do something that stupid one of these days, and here the Del Rey let him off with a slap on the wrist, while poor Yoko got the brunt of the punishment, just because he was a Prodigy." He grunted, his hair slightly falling out of place- his face red. He adjusts his hair when he realizes it, and shook his head. "It seems to me, your more in the habit of trying to make more enemies, get out of my Academy creature. You'll not be expecting any aid from me, especially after you come into my castle, threaten me and the Del Reina with black mail and threats, 'just cuz'." he says waving his hand. "Gods, now we have to send someone Leland's way to tell him to pull back from his actions before he makes things worse..." He says palming his face with said hand, rubbing his temples. "Gods be damned its just like 18 years ago..." He says.

In all truth Evan, was doing best to remain calm, to keep his anger from shooting out of him with an intensity higher than the flames of the sun.
Evan Patrickson
Evan Patrickson
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceras Deltora Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:29 pm

Ceras, held out a hand before Evan. She turned to him. "Stop..." She says calmly, before facing the being again. "The Master of the North has made a few points, but in spite of your accusations against either of us, I am still willing to help you on the condition you do not interfere with this matter." She says, evenly. "The previous Del Rey punished them for a crime, though unfair, has been a law within our organization since its foundation. These days, its not so much the case... but you answer your very reasons why we cannot tell them the truth. Both Gunslingers have since, lived very different lives. Leland went off and had a family, and Yoko has since forgotten her past. Should they know what happened, what do you think would happen? How would have Leland's family reacted, how would he have reacted? And not to mention Yoko, who had gone Rogue 18 years ago, all the effort I did to get her acquitted would be to waste, not to mention break their hearts. And the child herself, how would she react to all of this? Its something I've had to deal with since I ascended to the seat of Head Gunslinger, and something I will have to carry on my mind till the day I die. You think its easy for me? Its not... I struggle with the thoughts every time I look upon either Leland, Yoko or Eriko's faces..." She says, before shaking her head. "But Evan is right, are you here to condemn our and my predecessors decisions or ask for aid against the Demons?"
Ceras Deltora
Ceras Deltora
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:44 pm

Evan Patrickson wrote:"And why do you care?" Evan asked. "Seems like your priorities are not in order, you want to gain allies by berating them? Such manners for a supposed higher being." He scoffed, before getting to the point. "Regardless of your threats, this is none of your concern. Its a Gunslinger manner. And as for Leland, it sounds to me he's gone Rogue, damn bastard, I knew he would do something that stupid one of these days, and here the Del Rey let him off with a slap on the wrist, while poor Yoko got the brunt of the punishment, just because he was a Prodigy." He grunted, his hair slightly falling out of place- his face red. He adjusts his hair when he realizes it, and shook his head. "It seems to me, your more in the habit of trying to make more enemies, get out of my Academy creature. You'll not be expecting any aid from me, especially after you come into my castle, threaten me and the Del Reina with black mail and threats, 'just cuz'." he says waving his hand. "Gods, now we have to send someone Leland's way to tell him to pull back from his actions before he makes things worse..." He says palming his face with said hand, rubbing his temples. "Gods be damned its just like 18 years ago..." He says.

In all truth Evan, was doing best to remain calm, to keep his anger from shooting out of him with an intensity higher than the flames of the sun.

Ceras Deltora wrote:Ceras, held out a hand before Evan. She turned to him. "Stop..." She says calmly, before facing the being again. "The Master of the North has made a few points, but in spite of your accusations against either of us, I am still willing to help you on the condition you do not interfere with this matter." She says, evenly. "The previous Del Rey punished them for a crime, though unfair, has been a law within our organization since its foundation. These days, its not so much the case... but you answer your very reasons why we cannot tell them the truth. Both Gunslingers have since, lived very different lives. Leland went off and had a family, and Yoko has since forgotten her past. Should they know what happened, what do you think would happen? How would have Leland's family reacted, how would he have reacted? And not to mention Yoko, who had gone Rogue 18 years ago, all the effort I did to get her acquitted would be to waste, not to mention break their hearts. And the child herself, how would she react to all of this? Its something I've had to deal with since I ascended to the seat of Head Gunslinger, and something I will have to carry on my mind till the day I die. You think its easy for me? Its not... I struggle with the thoughts every time I look upon either Leland, Yoko or Eriko's faces..." She says, before shaking her head. "But Evan is right, are you here to condemn our and my predecessors decisions or ask for aid against the Demons?"

Ed faced Evan first, and answered his challenge. "I care about all those who are innocent, and are punished for no reason. Eriko deserved to know her true self - and your association took that from her. No matter your justifications, you know this is a crime, and unjust. As to your threat, You will find no enemy of me. But I will ask you this - do you prefer a harsh truth, or a convenient lie? I can not lie to you, therefore I can only tell you the truth of the matter, even if it is a harsh and brutal truth, at least you'll know what I tell you will not lead you into the halls of the blind. If you percieve my words as a threat, Evan, perhaps you are protecting a truth for alterior motives... That said, even if you are, it no longer matters..."

With that said, he faced Ceras. "Then you doom them to the monsters he will face within that tower... Like me, they have psionic capability that spans this world. They will bore into his memories, searching for weaknesses, no matter how small. They will plague his fears, his nightmares. If I found her, they assuredly will..."

Edgar sighed not for the first time since coming to Galiavan. "The sheer extent to which this planet has underestimated the foes they face is simply staggering... One Above All, give me strength..." he sighed. "If you don't reveal the truth to them, and prepare them for what that means for the three of them. Then you WILL lose them all, If I honor your request, and let that happen. You two, as the current Head master, and you as her foster father, you both have a decision to make... And if the Demons do break them, then they truly will be lost. You must decide what is more important for your world now. Is it the dead tradition, or the life of three of your members, and the fate of your world."

Ed then took a step away from them. "The decision remains yours. I will not force your choice, but the Hell Demons certainly will, when they come for the girl to break Leland."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next