Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders)

2 posters

Go down

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) Empty The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders)

Post  Dura al-Akram Khalili Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 am

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) B59aa3ac468a053a73a18e357f5a35e5

The shifting sands of the Domescadian desert swirl around the camp of the Arjmand Caravan. The Arjmand were made up of a number of different Domescadian Clans absorbed by the Adham Sultanate in the course of centuries, but are mostly the Alexandrian Clan descendants who were characterized best by their sword and buckler style of fighting (Gladiatorial), their distinct fiery hair, gold eyes, tanned and dark skin- though a few among their lot were born with silver or white hair. Crude walls made of Minktail trees logs with sharpened points make up decent, sturdy, makeshift barriers to protect the temporary Caravan village from the harsh blowing sands and monster attacks alike. These wooden structures sometimes form a giant circle, or simply connect to suitable, natural terrain that benefits the safety of the village. Within, simple huts made with twigs, desert blankets and straw help shelter the inhabitants, as well as tents of simple, elaborate, and military construction. Their are some who are sheltered with more modern mobile homes or converted cargo semis. The entire village was constructed so that it could be dismantled and leave little trace of its presence, like most Desert Raider camps. The way it was structured, no matter which way the village left it could be defended in case expediting was on an emergency level. Their Water-Filters, Water Rations and tanks were always in a ready state of evacuation for this matter, with food and other supplies being secondary given the harshness of the desert prioritizing the need of a constant flow of water. Everyone in the village does its part to maintain it and its people, with the payment of fresh water going to those who worked the hardest and so on. Exemptions were to the critically injured, infants and children who were not able to work; the elderly do their own sort of work such as sewing, tent & armor repairs, etc. Those who had committed crimes were punished with more undesirable work, such as latrine duty for both residents and their pack animals, and could be denied half their rations for shoddy work. Criminals who had committed harsher deeds such as theft or rape of one of their own were often given the choice of harsh punishment- including death- or could be branded with a magical seal or physical one, which identified them as a pariah awaiting sentencing at the next Confederation of Caravans meeting.

The Arjmand have a few vehicles in their employ, mostly refurbished hover bikes, retrofitted civilian vehicles with turrets and weapons, and aforementioned mobile homes/cargo transport land vehicles. Much of these are former Domescadian Military vehicles from the 2280s as well as DarkSEED vehicles from the 2630s. They also have animals, horses, camels, and an alien like lizard that can be taller than an average man known as a Domescan Guar:

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) B4fc3e18353ff2d7b592b24da675bfdf

The Arjmand Caravan, unlike many others, do not take slaves from battle or raids, as such would be a hassle and hindrance to their own survival given slaves would have to be observed constantly and would be receiving free food and water which they did not earn. These days, its also more associated with the tribes moral code, to not claim the life of another mortal as anything other than equal to their own; granted, two people of different strokes of life and race may be equal in their eyes, but there is no such thing as a free meal and drink in their hard working tribe. Their daily duties mainly consist of rooting out tomb raiders who defile their ancient lands, scavanging the deserts for supplies, vehicles, weapons, vending ore and materials they find to wandering travellers, and providing body guard and mercenary work to other parties- with those who plan to raid the aforementioned tombs slain once an opportunity arises. They are very protective of their ancient culture. Otherwise, they are a humble Caravan amongst a swath of others who make up the collective term 'Desert Raiders' known, and feared, throughout Galiavan.

[From here]

Dura al-Akram Khalili was brought back to the caravan, with the Scardian Saren Titanborn in tow. Both had sustained numerous injuries during their duel, which resulted in their mutual defeat. Dura's new attire, drew some questions among the tribe as she was carried on a makeshift stretcher of cloth and iron pipes:

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) 5ec68c734a54c8afcdb42f5064c449a8

"Did... our Dura lose? To an outsider?"
"No, surely there is more to it... but look, what is she wearing?"
"Looks foreign, almost Scardian... yet, also like a blend of her focuses..."
"Her attire is odd.. did she lose her mail?"
"No, I heard from Malik that it simply transformed, and that the weapon has also shifted to a more Scardian style."
"To what does this portend?"

Gossiped the shocked citizens of the Caravan, for they could not recall the last time Dura al-Akram Khalili had been seemingly bested, and by an outsider at that!

The man they carried was given a wide breadth, unsure what to make of the flaming haired Scardian and his palid complexion:

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) Agate_crosner__sen_iii__by_biancaneko23-dcfnt5c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi8wOTJiZDhmYy0zZGNlLTQxYzEtOGY2MC0yZGIwNWViNWM0M2QvZGNmbnQ1Yy00ODU2NGU2ZC0zMWFjLTRiOTMtYjk3Mi0wNjEwOGI5MmU3N2IucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTc5MyIsImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAwOCJ9XV19

"I hear he was a challenge for sweet Dura..."
"I hear he was a looter, and challenged Dura to a fight to the death!"
"Impossible, Dura couldn't have lost to this scrawny man, he must have tricked her!"
"I don't know about scrawny... look at that wide chest, those arms... that sword he carries..."
"We should crack his skull with a rock and be done with him...!"
"Yeah-!""Yeah-!""Yeah-!""Yeah-!""Yeah-!""YEAH-!!"

The crowd was ready to stone the Scardian to death, when the Caravan leader stepped out. "What's the meaning of this...?" They called out, silencing the crowd.

It was then, Dura began to stir...
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Darkstorm Zero, Random Mobs and Saren Titanborn like this post

Back to top Go down

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) Empty Re: The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders)

Post  Random Mobs Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:24 am

"What in the world is going on our here?!" the leader called out again, as he stepped through the tent flaps to see what was happening. The tall pale haired warrior was wearing the traditional garb of Warmaster, a garb once made famous by his ancestor Ooromov the Black Serpent.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) OSidjN9

He stepped up to the crowd, his expression one of anger, and his glare could easily match that of his ancestor. He drew his family's sword before them, and raised it high.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) ZyMLEj0

"Are we now so weak that we are willing to kill a man when he is of no threat? A man unconscious, a man who provided one of our best with a fair and decent fight? Have we so lost our way that we slip into the dark days of the Black King's reign? We may be raiders, but we still have our honor, and our strength. Elim, Khan, take him into the medical cart. And someone help Dura wake up. I will wish to speak with her about this stranger, and her report
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Dura al-Akram Khalili and Fili Primrose like this post

Back to top Go down

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) Empty Re: The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders)

Post  Dura al-Akram Khalili Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:52 am

Random Mobs wrote:

"What in the world is going on our here?!" the leader called out again, as he stepped through the tent flaps to see what was happening. The tall pale haired warrior was wearing the traditional garb of Warmaster, a garb once made famous by his ancestor Ooromov the Black Serpent.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) OSidjN9

He stepped up to the crowd, his expression one of anger, and his glare could easily match that of his ancestor. He drew his family's sword before them, and raised it high.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) ZyMLEj0

"Are we now so weak that we are willing to kill a man when he is of no threat? A man unconscious, a man who provided one of our best with a fair and decent fight? Have we so lost our way that we slip into the dark days of the Black King's reign? We may be raiders, but we still have our honor, and our strength. Elim, Khan, take him into the medical cart. And someone help Dura wake up. I will wish to speak with her about this stranger, and her report

"Uhnn...ah....?" Dura gasped, wincing as she sat up. "Shit... that hurt... handsome bastard... gave me one hell of a pum....what the hell am I wearing?" She winced, noting her change of clothing, which was odd since her tribe had discovered this... peculiar set of bikini looking mail, and she was the only woman capable of fitting it... she had only the three known forms, well, save when it was in a 'rest mode' four...

She was blinking over at familiar faces, the faces of her caravan, and of the Leader. "S-sir, forgive my current disarray... I apparently was defeated in single combat with a Scardian. Was he able to leave the halls of Adham Citadel unharmed? Where are my men...?" She winced, standing up from the stretcher, holding her head, and leaned on one of the bigger guys for support. "Still a little dizzy... how long was I out?" She asked, realizing she had so many questions, whilst he had a list of his own. "S-sorry. A lot has happened..." She explained, really noticing the similarity between the Chief of the Caravan and Oromov's spirit in the halls of the citadel ruins.
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Random Mobs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:52 pm

Dura al-Akram Khalili wrote:"Uhnn...ah....?" Dura gasped, wincing as she sat up. "Shit... that hurt... handsome bastard... gave me one hell of a pum....what the hell am I wearing?" She winced, noting her change of clothing, which was odd since her tribe had discovered this... peculiar set of bikini looking mail, and she was the only woman capable of fitting it... she had only the three known forms, well, save when it was in a 'rest mode' four...  

She was blinking over at familiar faces, the faces of her caravan, and of the Leader. "S-sir, forgive my current disarray... I apparently was defeated in single combat with a Scardian. Was he able to leave the halls of Adham Citadel unharmed? Where are my men...?" She winced, standing up from the stretcher, holding her head, and leaned on one of the bigger guys for support. "Still a little dizzy... how long was I out?" She asked, realizing she had so many questions, whilst he had a list of his own. "S-sorry. A lot has happened..." She explained, really noticing the similarity between the Chief of the Caravan and Oromov's spirit in the halls of the citadel ruins.

"Only a few hours Dura." came the reply from the Caravan Chief. And yes, your Scardian opponent also survived, though he's still unconscious. As for the rest of your team. They are the ones who carried you both back to us. I'm surprised you are still alive. The ruins of the Black King's Palace are no place for a sojourn. You knew that. Tell me, what drew you back to that desolate place? And what do you intend to do with your Scardian?"
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Dura al-Akram Khalili likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dura al-Akram Khalili Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:04 pm

"Only a few hours? That's good.." she sighed, rubbing her sore head. She winced at the Chief's words, and even her second in command had told her it wasn't a good idea... but had they not...

She began to relay to him that she was scavenging the safer sectors of the old city which no longer showed time acceleration radiation damage from the cannon blast from over 375 years ago, when her scouts spotted trespassing tomb raiders forcing the doors to the citadel open. Given the dangers and potential damages to their fractured culture as is, she elected to vanquish the raiders as is custom with most tribes, including their own, despite the risks. It paid off, as they were about to undo a seal- what it contained was anyone's guess. She spoke of the Chief's ancestor, Oromov the Serpent, and then the Scardian's bravery to take her on, one on one. She said he went easy on her first, which pissed her off, but started getting serious the longer they fought.

"Somehow, my armor has... enhanced after fighting him. There is no telling what other hidden forms this mail has now. So..." she says, blushing slightly. "Despite being promised to the chief warrior of the Rahjadha Caravan at the next Confederation of Caravans meeting... I may just give myself to this Scardian, should he have me. He fought well, honorably, and despite having the choice to end my life like I promised to end his, he spared me. Besides, the children we could produce would be strong for this tribe..." she says, thinking about the future of the tribe as she sat there, cross legged, hand on her chin...
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:35 pm

Dura al-Akram Khalili wrote:"Only a few hours? That's good.." she sighed, rubbing her sore head. She winced at the Chief's words, and even her second in command had told her it wasn't a good idea... but had they not...

She began to relay to him that she was scavenging the safer sectors of the old city which no longer showed time acceleration radiation damage from the cannon blast from over 375 years ago, when her scouts spotted trespassing tomb raiders forcing the doors to the citadel open. Given the dangers and potential damages to their fractured culture as is, she elected to vanquish the raiders as is custom with most tribes, including their own, despite the risks. It paid off, as they were about to undo a seal- what it contained was anyone's guess. She spoke of the Chief's ancestor, Oromov the Serpent, and then the Scardian's bravery to take her on, one on one. She said he went easy on her first, which pissed her off, but started getting serious the longer they fought.

"Somehow, my armor has... enhanced after fighting him. There is no telling what other hidden forms this mail has now. So..." she says, blushing slightly. "Despite being promised to the chief warrior of the Rahjadha Caravan at the next Confederation of Caravans meeting... I may just give myself to this Scardian, should he have me. He fought well, honorably, and despite having the choice to end my life like I promised to end his, he spared me. Besides, the children we could produce would be strong for this tribe..." she says, thinking about the future of the tribe as she sat there, cross legged, hand on her chin...

The Chief placed his fingers on his chin in thought. "My ancestor, Ooromov the Black Serpent... His final will and testament explained to us that he and the other members of the BGC left fragments of themselves to guard the passage to Adham's throneroom. Because in that place, there lay a gateway to Doom. You say these grave robbers tried to gain access to the Gateway chamber?"

The chief started pacing, his expression turned more and more serious.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) W0wvpy5

Rashinga, the chief of this caravan tribe, turned to look at another inside the tent. "Kyaga, what do you think?"

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) NHgfOrv

The twin sister of the chief, and similarly dressed woman looked Dura over.

"Seems you had a bit of fun rolling in the sand and water Dura." she said with a smirk. "If you wish to take him, I'd say do as you wish. Our ancestor, Ooromov himself cavorted with the Scardians and the Beijionese, heck most of the BGC were Scardian, such as Bladebreaker. But if you wish for your children to bear the power of S'card, then they need to be born on Scardian soil to inherit that power."

"It will mean breaking a pre-arranged marriage, but we of the Domescadian Sands do not marry for politics. We are a passionate people, andif love is not what you feel for your betrothed, then that is your decision Dura." spoke Rashinga again.
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dura al-Akram Khalili Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:27 pm

Random Mobs wrote:
Dura al-Akram Khalili wrote:"Only a few hours? That's good.." she sighed, rubbing her sore head. She winced at the Chief's words, and even her second in command had told her it wasn't a good idea... but had they not...

The Chief placed his fingers on his chin in thought. "My ancestor, Ooromov the Black Serpent... His final will and testament explained to us that he and the other members of the BGC left fragments of themselves to guard the passage to Adham's throneroom. Because in that place, there lay a gateway to Doom. You say these grave robbers tried to gain access to the Gateway chamber?"

The chief started pacing, his expression turned more and more serious.

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) W0wvpy5

Rashinga, the chief of this caravan tribe, turned to look at another inside the tent. "Kyaga, what do you think?"

The Camp of the Arjmand Caravan (Desert Raiders) NHgfOrv

The twin sister of the chief, and similarly dressed woman looked Dura over.

"Seems you had a bit of fun rolling in the sand and water Dura." she said with a smirk. "If you wish to take him, I'd say do as you wish. Our ancestor, Ooromov himself cavorted with the Scardians and the Beijionese, heck most of the BGC were Scardian, such as Bladebreaker. But if you wish for your children to bear the power of S'card, then they need to be born on Scardian soil to inherit that power."

"It will mean breaking a pre-arranged marriage, but we of the Domescadian Sands do not marry for politics. We are a passionate people, andif love is not what you feel for your betrothed, then that is your decision Dura." spoke Rashinga again.

"The woman among them seemed to have been pressed to believe there was treasure behind the passage, but... her face looked more like someone who was told to open the passage regardless of what lay behind. There were those other bandits we've crossed, the one who had mentioned a 'Mr. E' promising large payouts, we could assume the foolish girl was given similar promises. I've seen her once, from one of the other caravans, but cannot recall which. I would assume we should see her in a few days when the Confederation of Caravan's are to occur, unless she was exiled from her Caravan." Suggested Dura, before she turned to Kygaa. She smirked. "I'd rather roll around in bed with him, now~" She said boldly. "He was a tough opponent, but I will say my heart beats at the thought of him. My marriage to Sharir of the Rahjadha Caravan was only due to the fact I'm in my twenty sixth year and have no child to call my own. Sharir, is the strongest of the Rahjadha, but... not what I call, 'husband material' nor someone particularly great to look at when imagining intimacy... a horse's ass would be far more suitable to be very honest. Still, I would imagine Sharir will... not be mutual in this agreement, so I should prepare the Scardian, again... should he have me," she smirked at this. "for his likely duel to come." she chuckled, "Here I am, smitten by this Scardian Warrior, and the lump on my head he gave me made me forget his name! How funny." She chuckled to herself.
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:24 pm

Dura al-Akram Khalili wrote:"The woman among them seemed to have been pressed to believe there was treasure behind the passage, but... her face looked more like someone who was told to open the passage regardless of what lay behind. There were those other bandits we've crossed, the one who had mentioned a 'Mr. E' promising large payouts, we could assume the foolish girl was given similar promises. I've seen her once, from one of the other caravans, but cannot recall which. I would assume we should see her in a few days when the Confederation of Caravan's are to occur, unless she was exiled from her Caravan." Suggested Dura, before she turned to Kyaga. She smirked. "I'd rather roll around in bed with him, now~" She said boldly. "He was a tough opponent, but I will say my heart beats at the thought of him. My marriage to Sharir of the Rahjadha Caravan was only due to the fact I'm in my twenty sixth year and have no child to call my own. Sharir, is the strongest of the Rahjadha, but... not what I call, 'husband material' nor someone particularly great to look at when imagining intimacy... a horse's ass would be far more suitable to be very honest. Still, I would imagine Sharir will... not be mutual in this agreement, so I should prepare the Scardian, again... should he have me," she smirked at this. "for his likely duel to come." she chuckled, "Here I am, smitten by this Scardian Warrior, and the lump on my head he gave me made me forget his name! How funny." She chuckled to herself.

Kyaga looked at Dura with a smirk "Well, I guess you want a bit more than a nibble on your butt from him this time round. Your new prospective spouse is currently resting in the medical cart, I suggest getting that lump on your head looked at, and check in on him. As for Sharir and the Rahjadha, I suggest you prepare for Sharir''s right to challenge. You may be forced to kill him in a duel if he becomes obstinant - but I doubt Rahjiid, their chief, would wish to declare war."

Rashinga then placed his sword back into it's sheath on his hip. "I'm going to the citadel to redo the seal and secure the place. But with all that is happening now, I get the feeling that it may be redundant."

Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dura al-Akram Khalili Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:56 pm

Random Mobs wrote:
Dura al-Akram Khalili wrote:"The woman among them seemed to have been pressed to believe there was treasure behind the passage, but... her face looked more like someone who was told to open the passage regardless of what lay behind. There were those other bandits we've crossed, the one who had mentioned a 'Mr. E' promising large payouts, we could assume the foolish girl was given similar promises. I've seen her once, from one of the other caravans, but cannot recall which. I would assume we should see her in a few days when the Confederation of Caravan's are to occur, unless she was exiled from her Caravan." Suggested Dura, before she turned to Kyaga. She smirked. "I'd rather roll around in bed with him, now~" She said boldly. "He was a tough opponent, but I will say my heart beats at the thought of him. My marriage to Sharir of the Rahjadha Caravan was only due to the fact I'm in my twenty sixth year and have no child to call my own. Sharir, is the strongest of the Rahjadha, but... not what I call, 'husband material' nor someone particularly great to look at when imagining intimacy... a horse's ass would be far more suitable to be very honest. Still, I would imagine Sharir will... not be mutual in this agreement, so I should prepare the Scardian, again... should he have me," she smirked at this. "for his likely duel to come." she chuckled, "Here I am, smitten by this Scardian Warrior, and the lump on my head he gave me made me forget his name! How funny." She chuckled to herself.

Kyaga looked at Dura with a smirk "Well, I guess you want a bit more than a nibble on your butt from him this time round. Your new prospective spouse is currently resting in the medical cart, I suggest getting that lump on your head looked at, and check in on him. As for Sharir and the Rahjadha, I suggest you prepare for Sharir''s right to challenge. You may be forced to kill him in a duel if he becomes obstinant - but I doubt Rahjiid, their chief, would wish to declare war."

Rashinga then  placed his sword back into it's sheath on his hip. "I'm going to the citadel to redo the seal and secure the place. But with all that is happening now, I get the feeling that it may be redundant."

Upon hearing Kyaga knowing of her 'bite' she puffed her cheeks out, flustered. "...Ymir.....!!!" She growled out for her man, one of those present during the fight in the courtyard. Sighing, she ran her hand through her crimson hair, and glanced back. "Yeah, I'm not so worried about Rahjid, or the Rahjadha. Unless Rahjid has taken ill or passed and his Caravan is under temporary rule, war is the least of my worries. We shall find out in the coming days I suppose." She paused, before turning her head to Rashinga. "...I'm more worried about that seal. Even though I worry about my Scardian, and I should get my head checked, I could accompany you to the temple again for additional security if you wish it." She offered.
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:44 pm

Dura al-Akram Khalili wrote:Upon hearing Kyaga knowing of her 'bite' she puffed her cheeks out, flustered. "...Ymir.....!!!" She growled out for her man, one of those present during the fight in the courtyard. Sighing, she ran her hand through her crimson hair, and glanced back. "Yeah, I'm not so worried about Rahjid, or the Rahjadha. Unless Rahjid has taken ill or passed and his Caravan is under temporary rule, war is the least of my worries. We shall find out in the coming days I suppose." She paused, before turning her head to Rashinga. "...I'm more worried about that seal. Even though I worry about my Scardian, and I should get my head checked, I could accompany you to the temple again for additional security if you wish it." She offered.

Rashinga smiled and shook his head. "You did well to intercept the bandits before they breached that chamber. Go tend to your wounds and your prize. Kyaga and I'll be fine." replied the chief as he exited the tent, followed by his twin sister, who winked to Dura before following her brother.
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dura al-Akram Khalili Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:55 pm

She turned to them and smiled. "At least take a few of our best with us, just in case." She expressed to her leaders, before glancing herself over again. "Odd clothing this is... Its shifted into a fourth form, one that seems almost fitting for that Scardian. I wonder if that means our threads of fate truly are intertwined~" She chuckled warmly out loud at the spoken thought. She got up and made her way over to the medical tent to get herself patched up, then... depending on his injuries, order that her Scardian be brought to HER tent to rest up.
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Dura al-Akram Khalili
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down