Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Desert Expanse

+2
Edgar Holden
Rebecca Lee
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Desert Expanse - Page 2 Empty Re: The Desert Expanse

Post  Rebecca Lee Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:47 am

Becca furrowed her brows, her lidded gaze upon the giant in mild annoyance, a bit of fluster in her appearance. "Yeah yeah," she began, backing away weapons still raised, before she felt she was in safe distance. She back twirled both silver guns, crossing her arms and slid both weapons into her leather pistol holsters with practiced grace. "...whatever." She sighed, turning around and waving. "Smell ya later, you freaks..." she called out, walking through the desert dunes again. She, again, had no where in particular to go, but anywhere but Beijio city and here couldn't be much worse.

(to here)

Last edited by Rebecca Lee on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Rebecca Lee
Rebecca Lee
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 am

Anastasia watched the woman carefully back away, and when she turned around and went her separate ways, did the elf ease her gun hand. She turned to face the man named Edgar again, and spoke: "We should head back into the city of the Lamia, see how things are there. Then, Leland, I think we should continue with our trip to Asrond's Tenik Headquarters as planned." She suggested to the Gunslinger.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:02 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia watched the woman carefully back away, and when she turned around and went her separate ways, did the elf ease her gun hand. She turned to face the man named Edgar again, and spoke: "We should head back into the city of the Lamia, see how things are there. Then, Leland, I think we should continue with our trip to Asrond's Tenik Headquarters as planned." She suggested to the Gunslinger.

"If times were different, she would make a fine Gunslinger at the Association." Leland said, glancing back to Rebecca as she left. He shrugged. "At this rate though, an Enforcer from the Association will likely hunt her down. She may be mistaken for a Gunslinger who went Rogue." He sighed, turning his tired eyes back to Ana once she made her suggestion. "Aye, that would be for the best. By the time we hit the forest it'll be dark, but that'll be good for us. Then tomorrow we can sneak our way through Asrond proper. We should pack for the night ahead, so we don't have to risk being spotted hunting in the woods..." He says to the Elf, before looking back to the bigger man. "Oh yes, we were to speak in the city below now, right?" He began to walk towards the entrance to the city, before turning to the Lamia. "Will you be able to repair the damages?" He asked.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:07 am

The trio of Lamia relaxed slightly, keeping an eye on the larger gentleman, "It will take some time, the sand is difficult and the sandstone beneath has parted...!"

The Lamia were interrupted as the large man stood over the hole in the dunes, his hand outstretched.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 am

Ed's powers were closing the hole he and Leland had made. "I shall repair the damage I caused... Compressing the sands into new sandstone is simple when you can do it telekinetically." Ed answered, as his hand slowly clenched into a fist, compressing and hardening the foundation of sandstone so the desert dune sands did not leak through the roof, effectively resealing the caverns beneath like they had never been parted.

Once done, Ed turned back to Leland. "I do not know if your friends would welcome one such as I down into their city, I do not wish to cause alarm... besides, I have others willing to come with us to Asrond, they are in Kilwood right now, but I had planned to pick them up, and bring them to the edge of Amaine Forest... I can't fly us all directly to the ruins, that damn tower has been active longer than the one in the Gorge, and they will have defenses in place capable of thwarting even an aerial incursion protected by my powers."

Last edited by Edgar Holden on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:22 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed's powers were closing the hole he and Leland had made. "I shall repair the damage I caused... Compressing the sahnds into new sandstone is simple when you can do it telekinetically." Ed answered, as his hand slowly clenched into a fist, compressing and hardening the foundation of sandstone so the desert dune sands did not leak through the roof, effectively resealing the caverns beneath like they had never been parted.

Once done, Ed turned back to Leland. "I do not know if your friends would welcome one such as I down into their city, I do not wish to cause alarm... besides, I have others willing to come with us to Asrond, they are in Kilwood right now, but I had planned to pick them up, and bring them to the edge of Amaine Forest... I can't fly us all directly to the ruins, that damn tower has been active longer than the one in the Gorge, and they will have defenses in place capable of thwarting even an aerial incursion protected by my powers."

"I'm a man who has been itching for a battle against demons who killed my family, friends... village. I was and still am prepared to commit a genocide against their very existence... but they let me in. I'm sure they could put up with you for a while longer, because their Queen needs your assistance." he paused, looking to the Lamia before looking to Ed again. "She has gotten weak, after a particular demon had possessed her. My 'sight' can sense that you are capable of healing, and I request that you may heal her since such a powerful possession could prove fatal to her body and soul. That... woman... that thing that had taken a hold of her..." He glanced down at where the hole had been sealed up, clenching his fists tightly.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:28 am

Leland McKelly wrote:
"I'm a man who has been itching for a battle against demons who killed my family, friends... village. I was and still am prepared to commit a genocide against their very existence... but they let me in. I'm sure they could put up with you for a while longer, because their Queen needs your assistance." he paused, looking to the Lamia before looking to Ed again. "She has gotten weak, after a particular demon had possessed her. My 'sight' can sense that you are capable of healing, and I request that you may heal her since such a powerful possession could prove fatal to her body and soul. That... woman... that thing that had taken a hold of her..." He glanced down at where the hole had been sealed up, clenching his fists tightly.

"It didn't help that insulted that being as well..." Anastasia said, flustered, arms folded and bowing forward slightly. "I was... mildly inebriated. I haven't drank that much bloodwine since I was training at the White Tower... I think I lost my edge for drinking, and my tolerance to alcohol over the years..." She whined, her blond bangs hiding her eyes as she stood there embarrassed by the things she had said while heavily imbibed.

Last edited by Anastasia Faizland on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : drinking tolerance edge ^ u ^)
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:46 am

Leland McKelly wrote:"I'm a man who has been itching for a battle against demons who killed my family, friends... village. I was and still am prepared to commit a genocide against their very existence... but they let me in. I'm sure they could put up with you for a while longer, because their Queen needs your assistance." he paused, looking to the Lamia before looking to Ed again. "She has gotten weak, after a particular demon had possessed her. My 'sight' can sense that you are capable of healing, and I request that you may heal her since such a powerful possession could prove fatal to her body and soul. That... woman... that thing that had taken a hold of her..." He glanced down at where the hole had been sealed up, clenching his fists tightly.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"It didn't help that insulted that being as well..." Anastasia said, flustered, arms folded and bowing forward slightly. "I was... mildly inebriated. I haven't drank that much bloodwine since I was training at the White Tower... I think I lost my edge for drinking, and my tolerance to alcohol over the years..." She whined, her blond bangs hiding her eyes as she stood there embarrassed by the things she had said while heavily imbibed.

Ed looked over the two as they explained the situation, and the more he heard, the darker his expression became, until his mouth became a thin stern line hidden within his beard and moustache. "Damn it.... She's already gone this far..." he uttered, as his scar lit up slightly.

"Very well, but we must depart and meet up with the others... I should be able to get us all to the entrance of the forest of Amaine by nightfall." Ed explained as he waited for Leland and Ana to lead the way. He would help those who needed it, and thward his mother's plans wherever he could.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Amelie Roughthorne Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:13 am

The wind flapped against the simple leather cape and hood worn by the fugitive wandering the broad wasteland of the Gailden Continent. It was hard to believe, this land was mostly rolling green hills and prairies only a few centuries ago. The climate changed after Galideno fell, and not for the better in most of Gailden. She assumed that in another three or so centuries, the Gailden Continent would look like the grand expanse of nothingness that is Domescadia. She hoped she'd still be alive to see if this prediction would come to fruition.

The wind picked up and caused the woman to huddle in the leather cloak, a couple of papers she had ripped off the walls of some villages she had passed through slipped out from her bag since she had overstuffed them. They flapped and unfurled in the wind, flying high into the sky... her Wanted poster...

The Desert Expanse - Page 2 Amelie_Roughthorne_Wanted_Poster_3
(Poster made by Rufus Tenik :3)

Her hood blew off as she looked back and watched the 9 or so posters flapping in the high wind, scattered across the vast tan wasteland. "Well shit..." She mumbled, shaking her head, the Noble Vampire watching the papers take to the high skies and scatter. "I'm not going back for them... fuck that noise." She sighed, adjusting her black underframe glasses with her left hand's middle finger before she turned away and pulled her hood back over her head. She needed to flee the area as soon as she could. Seeing those posters confirms my theory... I never seen the inside of a damned cell in North Gate Prison! They're hunting me not for my crimes, but because I escaped from the unbreakable Adamantite Prison! They wanna keep their reputation stainless by sticking me in the back! Damn Gunslinger Association's gone too corrupt, their leaders all need to DIE. She thought as she had to think of where to head to wait this out for a couple of centuries. She did send her cousin a poster, so she'd hoped she'd see him in the coming days... till then? She supposed she'd head to 'the Far South' maybe in Carmilla's 'old floating ice burg'? There was a portal there to the 'otherworld', she doubted there'd be any bounty hunters willing to chase her into the Demon Realm for a measly 25 grand of Gilex.

Ahead of her were miles of sand and sunbaked mud. The same to either side of her and behind her as well, but she knew that the Amaine Forest as well as Danton City was ahead of her somewhere. She'd make a quick stop there, in spite of the dangers, and send her cousin Damien another correspondence. The Gunslingers have an academy there, its also the head of their Desert Rangers division of Enforcers... people trained to hunt someone like me. Hell, I was one of them... I'd know someone like me would hide under the nose of the Gunslinger Capital, but I don't have much of a choice as I need Cuz's advice... She frowned at this, her large red eyes blinking in the shadow of her hood. Just how long would she be able to avoid 'Justice' as she would have called it 17 years ago? Only time could tell...
Amelie Roughthorne
Amelie Roughthorne
Recruit
Recruit

Darkstorm Zero, Ahri of Blackfire and Rean Shichiten like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2