Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirandae’s Office and Class

+3
Tesshū Tanegashima
Justin Tangeshima
Mirandae Goldleaf
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 Empty Re: Mirandae’s Office and Class

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:58 am

Mirandae turned to Justin, the eagerness in his eyes, the determination to continue flowing. "You're barely standing, you're not ready." She began, when she turned her blue orbs to the older gentleman who had been watching them, waiting for them in silence. She bowed her head respectfully to him as well, the Elder Tangeshima was one of the respected nobles in Beijio, and honored their traditions with respect as well. "Master Tangeshima..." she says before backing up so father and son could speak to one another.
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:15 am

Mirandae Goldleaf wrote:Mirandae turned to Justin, the eagerness in his eyes, the determination to continue flowing. "You're barely standing, you're not ready." She began, when she turned her blue orbs to the older gentleman who had been watching them, waiting for them in silence. She bowed her head respectfully to him as well, the Elder Tangeshima was one of the respected nobles in Beijio, and honored their traditions with respect as well. "Master Tangeshima..." she says before backing up so father and son could speak to one another.

Tessu smiled and returned the bow as he approached Justin.

Justin Tangeshima wrote:"I can still fight," he says, reaching out for his teacher. "I'm--" he paused when he hears the familiar voice. He turns to the sight of the hulking man, a man who was a Royal Guard of the Empress' court, and the current head of the Tangeshima clan. "Father..." He blinked, his hand lowering before he bowed respectfully to the Noble, his father and sensei. "...to expand my horizons, sir." he says, in a low voice, his eyes at his father's feet. "To ready myself for the wide world thats out there... father, I can handle it, I can do this..." He started, his body shaking from a mix of nerves and the aftermath of having his flames reflected back at him.

"And yet, when your instructors and teachers call to inform me of your progress, they all tell me you have been neglectful of your classes, and belligerent with your attitude towards them. You show no respect for what they are trying to do for you and you disregard them with contempt!" his father roared out the last word with anger.

"You are arrogant! You believe you are superior to your peers and your instructors because of your power! Well you are not. And I sent you here precisely because you're not. I sent you here so you can LEARN the skills you will need to fulfill the lofty dreams you have - to become a great warrior and hero. You cannot achieve that goal by slacking off in class, or not showing up at all! All that will earn you is a job as a circus clown lighting cigars of sycophants and criminals! I will not have our clan's legacy be tarnished so horrendously by a lazy attitude! Not after...." And suddenly, the fire in Tesshu's voice died out, and his face looked forlorn.

"...... Not after that. Don't be me, son..."
Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Yukine Fuyuki Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:24 am

Yukine was walking down the hall, the studious Yuki-onna carrying her books under one arm, her mary janes click upon the tiles. She was one of the top students at the University for her grades, and was a very pretty young woman with long, sparkling blue hair, and large crimson eyes. She was however, also known for being very stoic, and only had a handful of close friends...

She paused, feeling a warm breeze, and she turns her head to the row of windows to her right... and quickly hid out of sight... before poking her head out again. It was... kind of ironic... that she, a frost spirit had a crush on the boy who was the son of the master of the flame... but Justin Tangeshima was such a handsome, intriguing character... she only wished she knew how to approach him, which was hard given how often he didn't attend classes...

He was fighting the magical arts teacher, Ms. Goldleaf... and they paused for the taller, older human who approached them who had resemblance to Justin. His father...hm, they seem to be confronting him for his lack of attendance... She thought, skulking to the shadows, her eyes falling upon the soot covered young man and felt her chest pounding again! By the twelve circles of hell, his flames could scorch me to a puddle any day...<3 She thought, blushing intensely as she watched in silence from the shadows.
Yukine Fuyuki
Yukine Fuyuki
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:58 am

Tesshū Tanegashima wrote:
Mirandae Goldleaf wrote:Mirandae turned to Justin, the eagerness in his eyes, the determination to continue flowing. "You're barely standing, you're not ready." She began, when she turned her blue orbs to the older gentleman who had been watching them, waiting for them in silence. She bowed her head respectfully to him as well, the Elder Tangeshima was one of the respected nobles in Beijio, and honored their traditions with respect as well. "Master Tangeshima..." she says before backing up so father and son could speak to one another.

Tessu smiled and returned the bow as he approached Justin.

Justin Tangeshima wrote:"I can still fight," he says, reaching out for his teacher. "I'm--" he paused when he hears the familiar voice. He turns to the sight of the hulking man, a man who was a Royal Guard of the Empress' court, and the current head of the Tangeshima clan. "Father..." He blinked, his hand lowering before he bowed respectfully to the Noble, his father and sensei. "...to expand my horizons, sir." he says, in a low voice, his eyes at his father's feet. "To ready myself for the wide world thats out there... father, I can handle it, I can do this..." He started, his body shaking from a mix of nerves and the aftermath of having his flames reflected back at him.

"And yet, when your instructors and teachers call to inform me of your progress, they all tell me you have been neglectful of your classes, and belligerent with your attitude towards them. You show no respect for what they are trying to do for you and you disregard them with contempt!" his father roared out the last word with anger.

"You are arrogant! You believe you are superior to your peers and your instructors because of your power! Well you are not. And I sent you here precisely because you're not. I sent you here so you can LEARN the skills you will need to fulfill the lofty dreams you have - to become a great warrior and hero. You cannot achieve that goal by slacking off in class, or not showing up at all! All that will earn you is a job as a circus clown lighting cigars of sycophants and criminals! I will not have our clan's legacy be tarnished so horrendously by a lazy attitude! Not after...." And suddenly, the fire in Tesshu's voice died out, and his face looked forlorn.

"...... Not after that. Don't be me, son..."

He looked down, shaking in a mix of anger, annoyance and a bit of disappointment in himself. "They aren't lofty dreams, they weren't for the Busujima's, back when they weren't crazy!" He explained, and then went silent. General Taizo Busujima was last head of the Busujima clan, and was once a friend of his father's... both had seen horrible thing in the Beijio Civil War in the 2630's, and then in 2639 had to deal with Sephiroth and Tenik bullshit... Taizo had stopped talking with his father some time after that. Then five years ago, Taizo went stark raving mad, and had killed the Emperor... leaving the Empress widowed... and then Barduwulf Garamonde took the Shogun's seat of power, becoming High General.

"I'm not some clown, I plan to be the Inferno Scion! I'm a Fire Priest dammit!" He exhaled, half hearing his father state 'in training' after that.
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:04 am

Mirandae watched the two flame Priests, the Grandmaster and the apprentice, bicker for a few minutes, feeling best not to interject at the moment and decided to file her nails while they did. She blew her fingertips, and glanced back up when she sensed that there was a rising fire welling within her lackadaisical student, between the father and son bonding. Heated emotions... fuel the flames of inner spirit most effectively, after all. She thought.
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Yukine Fuyuki Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 am

From her hidden position, Yukine blinked as she watched the flame priests yell at one another. They seemed so comfortable with screaming, she had to wonder if this was something that frequently happened in the Tangeshima household... She stared at the sight of the sun crest on both men's outfits, the symbol, the mon of the Tangeshima clan. Her cool air began to frost the windows slightly as she observed them, and had to back off so they wouldn't frost too much and give away her presence.
Yukine Fuyuki
Yukine Fuyuki
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:44 am

Justin Tangeshima wrote:He looked down, shaking in a mix of anger, annoyance and a bit of disappointment in himself. "They aren't lofty dreams, they weren't for the Busujima's, back when they weren't crazy!" He explained, and then went silent. General Taizo Busujima was last head of the Busujima clan, and was once a friend of his father's... both had seen horrible thing in the Beijio Civil War in the 2630's, and then in 2639 had to deal with Sephiroth and Tenik bullshit... Taizo had stopped talking with his father some time after that. Then five years ago, Taizo went stark raving mad, and had killed the Emperor... leaving the Empress widowed... and then Barduwulf Garamonde took the Shogun's seat of power, becoming High General.

"I'm not some clown, I plan to be the Inferno Scion! I'm a Fire Priest dammit!" He exhaled, half hearing his father state 'in training' after that.

Teshuu looked at his son for a few long, tense seconds and sighed.

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 KURzHSd

"No Justin. What you are is young, headstrong, inexperienced, uneducated, and full of life, energy, and hope. I had indeed hoped to preserve three of these qualities in you by eliminating the others before something else did in a way far less merciful, as your uncle's death did to me in the war. In my youth, I was so much like you it is scary... Justin, I was so brash, thinking I was invincible, and could do anything I wanted on my own and without anyone's help. I followed my elder brother into the military, thinking it would be simple to crush our enemies and return victorious just like we did with all those fighting arenas and sparring sessions in the dojo. 'We are the best!' we used to think. 'We can defeat any opponent!'"

Tesshu reached out towards his son, and took hold of him with one arm around his shoulders and held him close. "But war... War is very different. You are young, and you do not know war. You've never had to experience it, sheltered as I tried to keep you until I thought you were ready for it. Defeating an opponent in the ring is one thing, they live with some bruises, some burnt hair, and a dent to some egos. But out there, hunting demons, fighting enemy soldiers out to kill you, where every attack is kill or be killed... you have not seen the rivers of blood, the corpses lining the streets, the smell of burning flesh... War is hell, Justin, and I know you are not ready for it because your idealism is still untempered. There's only two ways for you to temper yourself and become ready for the life you wish to lead. Fulfill your studies, do what your teachers ask of you, and take their lessons of experience to heart. Or.... Or learn these lessons the harder way, as I did, and suffer the pain of loss on the battlefield, and risk all your hopes being mercilessly crushed all at once as the desire for revenge overtakes your desire to help those who cannot help themselves. The leap from hero to tyrant can be instantaneous, and you may not even be aware you made the leap until you perpetuate your own atrocity in turn, and by then it's too late. That's why I am pushing you so hard now to learn the lessons here.... where you can be brought back from the brink without risking your dream. I make the training hellish so the real world is not as bad as it could be. I don't do this because I want to see you suffer Justin, I do it because I don't want to see you suffer even worse. I do it because I want you to succeed in your dream more than anyone on this planet... And I want you to do it because I know that, deep down inside, you have all the talent and skill you need to do it, if you make the effort to make it happen. But you have to work hard to make it happen. Miracles don't just happen on their own."
Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 am

Justin Tangeshima wrote:He looked down, shaking in a mix of anger, annoyance and a bit of disappointment in himself. "They aren't lofty dreams, they weren't for the Busujima's, back when they weren't crazy!" He explained, and then went silent. General Taizo Busujima was last head of the Busujima clan, and was once a friend of his father's... both had seen horrible thing in the Beijio Civil War in the 2630's, and then in 2639 had to deal with Sephiroth and Tenik bullshit... Taizo had stopped talking with his father some time after that. Then five years ago, Taizo went stark raving mad, and had killed the Emperor... leaving the Empress widowed... and then Barduwulf Garamonde took the Shogun's seat of power, becoming High General.

Teshuu looked at his son for a few long, tense seconds and sighed.

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 KURzHSd

"No Justin. What you are is young, headstrong, inexperienced, uneducated, and full of life, energy, and hope. I had indeed hoped to preserve three of these qualities in you by eliminating the others before something else did in a way far less merciful, as your uncle's death did to me in the war. In my youth, I was so much like you it is scary... Justin, I was so brash, thinking I was invincible, and could do anything I wanted on my own and without anyone's help. I followed my elder brother into the military, thinking it would be simple to crush our enemies and return victorious just like we did with all those fighting arenas and sparring sessions in the dojo. 'We are the best!' we used to think. 'We can defeat any opponent!'"

Tesshu reached out towards his son, and took hold of him with one arm around his shoulders and held him close. "But war... War is very different. You are young, and you do not know war. You've never had to experience it, sheltered as I tried to keep you until I thought you were ready for it. Defeating an opponent in the ring is one thing, they live with some bruises, some burnt hair, and a dent to some egos. But out there, hunting demons, fighting enemy soldiers out to kill you, where every attack is kill or be killed... you have not seen the rivers of blood, the corpses lining the streets, the smell of burning flesh... War is hell, Justin, and I know you are not ready for it because your idealism is still untempered. There's only two ways for you to temper yourself and become ready for the life you wish to lead. Fulfill your studies, do what your teachers ask of you, and take their lessons of experience to heart. Or.... Or learn these lessons the harder way, as I did, and suffer the pain of loss on the battlefield, and risk all your hopes being mercilessly crushed all at once as the desire for revenge overtakes your desire to help those who cannot help themselves. The leap from hero to tyrant can be instantaneous, and you may not even be aware you made the leap until you perpetuate your own atrocity in turn, and by then it's too late. That's why I am pushing you so hard now to learn the lessons here.... where you can be brought back from the brink without risking your dream. I make the training hellish so the real world is not as bad as it could be. I don't do this because I want to see you suffer Justin, I do it because I don't want to see you suffer even worse. I do it because I want you to succeed in your dream more than anyone on this planet... And I want you to do it because I know that, deep down inside, you have all the talent and skill you need to do it, if you make the effort to make it happen. But you have to work hard to make it happen. Miracles don't just happen on their own."

Justin was taken aback by his father's action, but he knew it was tough for him... Uncle's death never set well with him, and he understood what he was trying to say to him. "I know... you seen things in the Civil War... but it seems all of Beijio's great hero's vanished in the 2280's... if we had them, in our modern era? We wouldn't be worried about strife... the constant attacks. Its like ever since they vanished, this city's become a giant target! I'm sick of it... if the Busujima's can't produce a Thunderbeast, then we should fill those shoes ourselves, no? We are powerful enough, you are powerful enough!" He explained.
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Yukine Fuyuki Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:43 am

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 Yukine_face

Yukine gently smiled, blushing as she watched father and son have a soft moment together that was touching, so warm... even to a creature like herself. She leaned against the side of the window, batting her long lashes, quietly observing the scene from afar. Her mother would defrost for her longing for a fire priest, hell would be a frozen wonderland of icy death if she had ever brought such a boy home to show off, if he didn't freeze to death on the way to the frozen southlands where the Yuki-Onna were more prevalent, having been hunted out of the far north centuries ago by man... by men like him. It hurt, being unable to come forward... she could perhaps tutor him? Would she have the nerve? She didn't think she could keep the ice queen act long enough... be able to properly tutor the young man without lewd thoughts and unrealistic fantasies of lust and longing, such is a lonely life for Yuki-onna, who were apt like the legends- black widows. Her aunt was like that, she killed at least five of her eight husbands... most of the time because she thought they would leave. She wasn't like this, no not at all! It was simply that she was prone to unrealistic fantasies of romance that would never actually blossom, so she tried to block that out by studying, and study she did... and thus, here she was.

For now... she was simply glad father and son were seemingly patching things up. The mention of heroes, of protecting Beijio.. all very noble aspects that made her only more attracted to the young man <3!
Yukine Fuyuki
Yukine Fuyuki
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:42 pm

"And you can't do any of that, if you don't take the time to learn and adapt from other's you meet, who want to teach you honey." Mirandae says, glancing up at the young man. "Even the greats, the heroes of old had to show some effort for their work. If you wanna be like them, you got to be serious about your abilities, your limitations, and know how to adapt for both." She says, approaching them. "You've got promise," she says, placing a hand on his shoulder. "but that bravado you got can get you killed out there. I'm not here just to look pretty and grade papers, I'm here to make sure you can survive when a monster wants to use your bones as a tooth pick, or when an enemy's got a gun trained on your head, or a loved one, that you can defend yourself, defend the people you love." She explained with a smile.
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Justin Tangeshima wrote:Justin was taken aback by his father's action, but he knew it was tough for him... Uncle's death never set well with him, and he understood what he was trying to say to him. "I know... you seen things in the Civil War... but it seems all of Beijio's great hero's vanished in the 2280's... if we had them, in our modern era? We wouldn't be worried about strife... the constant attacks. Its like ever since they vanished, this city's become a giant target! I'm sick of it... if the Busujima's can't produce a Thunderbeast, then we should fill those shoes ourselves, no? We are powerful enough, you are powerful enough!" He explained.

Mirandae Goldleaf wrote:"And you can't do any of that, if you don't take the time to learn and adapt from other's you meet, who want to teach you honey." Mirandae says, glancing up at the young man. "Even the greats, the heroes of old had to show some effort for their work. If you wanna be like them, you got to be serious about your abilities, your limitations, and know how to adapt for both." She says, approaching them. "You've got promise," she says, placing a hand on his shoulder. "but that bravado you got can get you killed out there. I'm not here just to look pretty and grade papers, I'm here to make sure you can survive when a monster wants to use your bones as a tooth pick, or when an enemy's got a gun trained on your head, or a loved one, that you can defend yourself, defend the people you love." She explained with a smile.

Tesshu shook his head sadly. "As your teacher just pointed out son, even heroes can die. There is a very thin line between being a hero, and being a memory. This line is even finer when you need to be a leader as well - for nobody becomes a hero on their own. Hiyori herself gave up everything, even her place in Beijio to save it. Our Emperor Daichi Beijiosaki had many friends who were lost that year who could be considered heroes, many from our allied nation of Scardia. Did you ever hear the tale of his best friend, King Valundar Blade-Breaker, the man who defeated Abdel Adham, the Black Emperor who was at the height of his power? Valundar had prodigious talent, legendary natural skills, and power to rival any in this world at a very young age indeed. But he never stopped training, he never stopped improving himself, seeking to be better. Hiyori was the same, Daichi, all of those who once trained at the White Tower in Scardia were infused with the same principal. Perfection is the unattainable goal, but one should never stop seeking it, as there is always more to learn."

Tesshu then stepped back. "I'm not Hrothor, and my time as a soldier and warrior is drawing to a close, son. I'm getting older, slower... Time awaits no one. If you wish to honor the memories of heroes past, you would do it the right way, not the quick and easy way that will get you killed before you can make a difference in the world. Nobody wants to see the blood of a young idealistic boy spilled for no reason. If the time comes where you much choose to sacrifice your life for a greater cause as Valundar once did, then you must make that choice mean something when it comes, and not throw your life away at the first opportunity because using your mind was too hard. For example - "

he took a glance at Mirandae for a moment, and smiled. "Do you know why you could not get around your teacher's defense just now? It's not because she has some ultimate fireproof defense. As soon as I saw it, I could conclude of at least two ways around such a defense she could not block easily that is well within your capability. More now that I've had time to think upon it. But you let shock distract you for one, and two, you have proven to be unimaginative with your powers. Our flames are capable of so much more than simply burning things or causing explosions. And finally three, it proves you've also neglected your physics lessons, because you've failed to think of, and apply just what else fire actually does. So now that you've had a few moments to stew on it, I want you to explain to us how you might get around Ms.Goldleaf's defense. Do that, and I may take you to the stone shrine tonight, and let you see the flame of destiny."
Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:39 pm

He remained quiet, listening to what both teachers had to say till his father surprised him by having him answer what he did wrong. Oh Gods... He felt nervous. "...well I tried to burn off her oxygen when she took hold of me and burn me with her flames, but it didn't work." he says, before turning to his father with an annoyed look: "Unimaginative?! I have plenty of imagination old man, you saw me throw my tracers at her didn't you?!" He grumbled.
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:20 am

Mirandae looked at them both slightly unnerved. "Trying to boil me alive? You lot know that all this is a mock battle, a simulation of combat, not true combat, right?" She asked, feeling somewhat concerned for her own safety, given the elder fire priest's involvement.
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:44 am

Justin Tangeshima wrote:He remained quiet, listening to what both teachers had to say till his father surprised him by having him answer what he did wrong. Oh Gods... He felt nervous. "...well I tried to burn off her oxygen when she took hold of me and burn me with her flames, but it didn't work." he says, before turning to his father with an annoyed look: "Unimaginative?! I have plenty of imagination old man, you saw me throw my tracers at her didn't you?!" He grumbled.

Mirandae Goldleaf wrote:Mirandae looked at them both slightly unnerved. "Trying to boil me alive? You lot know that all this is a mock battle, a simulation of combat, not true combat, right?" She asked, feeling somewhat concerned for her own safety, given the elder fire priest's involvement.

Tesshu looked back at Mirandae with a smile and laughed. "Ms.Goldleaf, I'd never actually let my son cook you alive. I'd have stepped in before you got hurt. But at least then he would have demonstrated some adaptability to a life and death situation.

He then faced his son's accusation. "I saw your tracers, Justin, but what I didn't see is you do anything with them. As soon as the flames were reflected, you let your control of them go instead of using your pyromancy to redirect the flames. They were still yours, but you let them scorch you. And now I've said that out loud, I guess how dumb that actually sounds is sinking in a little? She scorched you with your own flames my son, and you had all you needed to prevent it. You froze, is all. A battlefield situation surprised you, and you froze up. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm grateful it happened during training, and not on a real battlefield where lives are at stake. But it does mean you are not the best yet, doesn't it?" Tesshu asked his son.

"Don't try to be a hero too soon. If you want to lead and be a champion one day, you have to learn how to follow, and learn now, while you are still able to. Because out there, there may not be a second chance" the father warned the son.

"That said, stripping the oxygen was one of the two ideas I had, so you are not falling as far behind as I had feared" Tesshu said with a smile actually a little proud that his son did have a brain somewhere under the bravado. "But to capitalize on it, and to get around the reflective barrier, you use your fire shaping to redirect the flames to surround the target entirely. A sphere of flame. All the oxygen in the air inside of such a sphere would get used up very quickly, plus it would ultimately raise the temperature inside the sphere even through the shield. She would have given up, suffocated, or cooked herself alive. This however, is a fatal technique Justin, and you must be very careful. Taking a life is no small matter, You must not ever take such an action unless you have absolutely no other option. Life is precious, each is a unique flame in this world. By choosing to snuff out such a flame is to make the world a darker place. Those of us who have power must learn to use that power wisely and responsibly. That is the difference between a Hero, and a Tyrant."
Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:47 pm

Justin Tangeshima wrote:He remained quiet, listening to what both teachers had to say till his father surprised him by having him answer what he did wrong. Oh Gods... He felt nervous. "...well I tried to burn off her oxygen when she took hold of me and burn me with her flames, but it didn't work." he says, before turning to his father with an annoyed look: "Unimaginative?! I have plenty of imagination old man, you saw me throw my tracers at her didn't you?!" He grumbled.

Mirandae Goldleaf wrote:Mirandae looked at them both slightly unnerved. "Trying to boil me alive? You lot know that all this is a mock battle, a simulation of combat, not true combat, right?" She asked, feeling somewhat concerned for her own safety, given the elder fire priest's involvement.

Tesshu looked back at Mirandae with a smile and laughed. "Ms.Goldleaf, I'd never actually let my son cook you alive. I'd have stepped in before you got hurt. But at least then he would have demonstrated some adaptability to a life and death situation.

He then faced his son's accusation. "I saw your tracers, Justin, but what I didn't see is you do anything with them. As soon as the flames were reflected, you let your control of them go instead of using your pyromancy to redirect the flames. They were still yours, but you let them scorch you. And now I've said that out loud, I guess how dumb that actually sounds is sinking in a little? She scorched you with your own flames my son, and you had all you needed to prevent it. You froze, is all. A battlefield situation surprised you, and you froze up. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm grateful it happened during training, and not on a real battlefield where lives are at stake. But it does mean you are not the best yet, doesn't it?" Tesshu asked his son.

"Don't try to be a hero too soon. If you want to lead and be a champion one day, you have to learn how to follow, and learn now, while you are still able to. Because out there, there may not be a second chance" the father warned the son.

"That said, stripping the oxygen was one of the two ideas I had, so you are not falling as far behind as I had feared" Tesshu said with a smile actually a little proud that his son did have a brain somewhere under the bravado. "But to capitalize on it, and to get around the reflective barrier, you use your fire shaping to redirect the flames to surround the target entirely. A sphere of flame. All the oxygen in the air inside of such a sphere would get used up very quickly, plus it would ultimately raise the temperature inside the sphere even through the shield. She would have given up, suffocated, or cooked herself alive. This however, is a fatal technique Justin, and you must be very careful. Taking a life is no small matter, You must not ever take such an action unless you have absolutely no other option. Life is precious, each is a unique flame in this world. By choosing to snuff out such a flame is to make the world a darker place. Those of us who have power must learn to use that power wisely and responsibly. That is the difference between a Hero, and a Tyrant."

"I wouldn't hurt you Ms. Goldleaf, its against my code to hurt women..." He says, flustered and looking off to the side, scratching his head. "It's not that dumb! I just haven't perfected it yet..." he says to his father about his tracer technique. "About that, I thought we couldn't be hurt by our own flames?" He asked, thinking over his father's tactics. Yeah... kinda blanked on surrounding her with my fire, all I did was make a pissing match with how high my flames could rise over hers... I should've surrounded her with the flames like the Old Man said... He thought.
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 pm

She didn't seem all too reassured, but when Justin asked about his flames hurting him, she stepped forward. "I can answer that Justin, you see, my ability allows me to reflect your flames in a way thats more like converting mana- in a sense, those weren't your flames at all, but instead mine I had converted from your mana signature, do you follow?" She asked, smirking.
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Justin Tangeshima wrote:"I wouldn't hurt you Ms. Goldleaf, its against my code to hurt women..." He says, flustered and looking off to the side, scratching his head. "It's not that dumb! I just haven't perfected it yet..." he says to his father about his tracer technique. "About that, I thought we couldn't be hurt by our own flames?" He asked, thinking over his father's tactics. Yeah... kinda blanked on surrounding her with my fire, all I did was make a pissing match with how high my flames could rise over hers... I should've surrounded her with the flames like the Old Man said... He thought.

"We can be, if we let them. Lapse in concentration, or having control of the flame wrested from us can lead to them being turned on us. Hence why in battle the mind must always be as focused as the body and spirit." answered Tesshu.

Mirandae Goldleaf wrote:She didn't seem all too reassured, but when Justin asked about his flames hurting him, she stepped forward. "I can answer that Justin, you see, my ability allows me to reflect your flames in a way thats more like converting mana- in a sense, those weren't your flames at all, but instead mine I had converted from your mana signature, do you follow?" She asked, smirking.

The older Tanegashima smiled at Mirandae and spoke again. "Basically put, she wrested control of your fire from you. I have yet to teach you how to control the flames of others, or sources of other flames yet, as you were not yet ready for those lessons. Perhaps now, knowing your limitations, you might take training more seriously. Do that and you may even surpass me one day. perhaps even your grandfather..."

Tesshu remembered his father well, Gendo, the impenetrable flame he generated. His fist ever flaming, never extinguishing during battle. He was a scion of light.

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 FoOyk2n

Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:49 pm

Justin sighed. "Yeah... whatever..." He rubbed his neck and looked away flustered, he never liked admitting he was wrong. "So, we going to do this again?" He asked the teacher. "I still got energy, and if you wanna go out to dinner at someplace nice we may wanna wrap this up before Senior over here's bed time." He said pointing to his father with his thumb.
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:55 pm

She raised a brow at Justin, hands on her hips. "You say that like if I am more interested in your hyper-sexual..." she closed her eyes and chuckled. "You know, why not? You seem to have recovered after your father's scolding." She says, walking a couple paces away, her hips swaying... seductively? She turns on the balls of her feet, and beckoned him forth. "Come now honey, if you want it you gonna have to earn it." She winked, raising her arms in a defensive stance.
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:08 am

Tesshu nodded and returned to the shade of the tree from whence he came, and watched.

He stroked his beard with one hand, and slung his other arm in his robe top.

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 Dm1SFcF
Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:20 am

Justin turned to his father with a nod, before turning to Goldleaf once again. He tried to think of a way around her defense other than creating a dome of flame outright... that would be the first thing she'd undoubtedly think to counter. He conjured flames in his hands again, and launched a pillar of flame towards Mirandae! He then rushed towards the flames, using them as his cover so that he may close the distance and come in with another flurry of immolating punches!
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Mirandae Goldleaf Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Mirandae side stepped the flaming pillar, as Justin flew out from it! His body intensely burning, he began punching her again, and again, she countered with blocking and swatting away his fists, before she grabbed both of his wrists, and came in with a high kick to his right ribs, her leg covered in flames that seared into his uniform when she struck the blow!
Mirandae Goldleaf
Mirandae Goldleaf
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Crisis Rocan Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:52 pm

A soft music feels the air from where it originates no one can see, but it is clear by the piece that the players are skilled with their instruments.

As if appearing from no where a youth wearing a uniform of blue jacket and white pants, with blue black hair cut short standing on end leans against the opposite side of the tree which Tesshu is leaning against.  The youth laughs just loud enough to be heard over the flaming competition taking place before his eyes.  With a slight grin which his youthful appearance took on an all too feminine look, making him appear to be much prettier than any male should have the right too look.  Which might explain the sudden appearance of many of the academies females students loitering about watching this foreign specimen of male student to their prowling grounds.  

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 Tsubo711

So Justin's failing to land another teacher I see.  If only he lead like a man!

In the blink of an eye he shot across the grounds to intercept the teachers foot only a fraction of a second after the impact to his brothers ribs.  Somewhere in the rush forward his jack fell free and his slight figure and build are revealed as he catches her foot on his left forearm, the eyes of the dragon tattooed on his arm glaring with a living light to them.

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 Tsubo10

In his right hand he twirled a single long stemmed rose as deftly as he had twirled a throwing knife between his fingers as he spoke again

Flowers make a better impression dearest brother, even the thorniest of the firer sex can appreciate the gesture.

On the last word he stops twirling the rose holding it forward over the teachers upheld leg before whipping it back toward his brothers face.

Is this a private dance, or do you only prefer the company dullards and fools like those two. Tsubo Tangeshima

Crisis Rocan
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Tesshū Tanegashima Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:35 pm

"TSUBO!" Tesshu roared out as he once again stepped out from his shaded spot, this time his expression was beyond stern, it was unyielding.

"You have interfered with your brother's lesson. Now, I must test you both, myself! This complete disrespect for your teachers and your own dreams has made this necessary!" Tesshu declared. He looked apologetically towards Mirandae Goldleaf. "Ms.Goldleaf, I apollogise, but you may wish to step back away from my sons, and keep the other students at a safe distance. This may get... explosive." Tesshu warned, before his gze returned to his sons.

"You wish to demonstrate that you are ready for the perils of demon hunting and being warriors and soldiers of Beijio. You will have your chance." Tesshu declared as he removed the prayer beads from his neck, and wrapped them around his right bicep. "If you wish to graduate, you will have to pass this test. Take the Tanegashima Magatama Beads from my arm. The one who claims them from me will inherit the Zantetsu Sword and be ready. Only one of you will pass this test, and neither will pass if you do not come at me with every intent to kill me, because that is the only way the Magatama will leave my arm, of that I can assure you. so you better be prepared to bring everything you have to the table. Forget that you are my sons and I your father, forget every attachment you have to me. As of this moment, I am now your enemy!"

With that declaration, Tesshu's well build arms and upper body slid from his robes, letting the sleeves call around his waist. And his eyes flared alight into those blazing orange orbs as the flames erupted from his very skin.

Mirandae’s Office and Class - Page 2 FN6es2F

"Now, FACE ME!" he roared at his sons, and rushed at them with twin fists full of molten flame!
Tesshū Tanegashima
Tesshū Tanegashima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Tangeshima Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:44 pm

He felt the flaming kick to his side, pulling his arm away from her to grab her leg, about to lift and pull her into a throw- when out of the blue, blue haired disappointment came to intercept his duel! Gods damned...! He grumbled. As the rose was thrown into his face, fire scorched the plant, and Justin reached out and grabbed his brother's wrist, yanking his tattooed arm for to be seen by all. "Nice ink, you buy that yourself?" he says, loud enough so that Tesshu could hear, given that Tsubo liked to spend family wealth without asking, another reason he was a black sheep in the family. He lets go of the teacher, glancing up with lidded, dead eyes. "...I thought you were supposed to be a boarding school. Then again, could explain the ink, the new haircut, the travelling band..." he paused, looking up to the sky. "YOU CAN STOP PLAYING!"

The music cuts out, after Justin's roar, the sound of instruments dropping and going off key, and unseen people scattering.

He then hears his father's scream, slowly turning to his father, and his powering aura. "....wait, what?! You senile old man?!" He asked, feeling confused. "What the hell?!" He exclaimed, taking Tsubo still in his grasp and threw him towards his charging father as a meat shield! "Why is it every time Tsubo shows up, I'm thrown in a three way death match?!" He added an additional kick to Tsubo's backside to help propel him forwards!
Justin Tangeshima
Justin Tangeshima
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next