Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon's Tooth Tavern and Inn

+8
Nifaen Noblewoods
Tsushi Kuchiki
Jace Farsythe
Nessvyn
Weiss Shwarzsháfer
Random Mobs
Narumeia
Edgar Holden
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dragon's Tooth Tavern and Inn - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon's Tooth Tavern and Inn

Post  Nessvyn Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:40 am

Ness quickly entered the pub, rushing past many of the waiters and waitresses, heading straight to the bar. She had a pack on her back, and for those whom never seen her could have mistaken her for a child--if not for the fact she supported massive breasts, horns and a folded blade in it's sheath behind her. She hopped up at the counter, raising her hand to one of the barmen. "Hey, have you seen Doloric? I need to ask him a few things about Old Man Winters." she asked hopping in step, seeming anxious.
Nessvyn
Nessvyn
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:04 am

The bartender looked down at Nessvyn and smiled. "He's upstairs and around the back there Ness, seeing to his office needs. We had a couple of those punkers in here a short while ago, and one of the new patrons used a table to break one of their noses, so Doloric's ordering a new one."
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Nessvyn Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:17 pm

Random Mobs wrote:The bartender looked down at Nessvyn and smiled. "He's upstairs and around the back there Ness, seeing to his office needs. We had a couple of those punkers in here a short while ago, and one of the new patrons used a table to break one of their noses, so Doloric's ordering a new one."

Ness gasped. "Wow... they still here? The patron I mean? I should shake their hand!" she said. She'd had a few run ins with them. They once pulled up her skirt in public, but with the aid of Sig, and Master Doomhammer, the punks never bothered her again, not to mention she bit deep into one of the bunch's hands, last she knew, it scarred over.

Nessvyn
Nessvyn
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:54 pm

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed smiled slightly again. "Do not worry yourself too much about it. Think of it like this, if you were prone to fall prey to yourlust, it would have happened last time you did it if at all. You don't simply become a demon, it's always a choice. When you choose to take a life, you always carry that blood with you wherever you go, that is why when you do kill, make sure it's the blood of the guilty on your hands, and never the blood of the innocent. Do that, and you would have honored both sides of your masters philosophy. Just remember, even if you enjoy power like that, keeping it in reserve for when it is the right time to use it is in itself it's own power."

Ed laughed at Narumeia's antics, and was glad that she was loosening up enough and enjoying her freedom from prejudice. It made him reconsider whether or not to activate her hidden potential, and give her the power to assume mortal form at her own will. She did deserve that choice on her own, and besides, it would help speed up her healing of Jarrod if she had greater power and control. He remembered Alexus' joy simply from being given a name, and the real power he needed to protect his human charges when the need arose. His compulsion to protect Catherine and Damien was sparked from Ed's own orders. Alexus viewed Ed not just as the prince of Hell, he viewed him as a saviour for freeing him, and fulfilling the Empress's promise without resorting to needless bloodshed. A strange trait fora Demon of hell, but Alexus said that everyone there was angry at being judged as sin without ever having a chance to be anything else.

Ed looked at naru again when she bought up the greaser gang and Jarrod, and smiled. "He has just landed in Cretu general Hospital, and is undergoing surgery right now. As for the greasers..." he stretched his mind out a little, and immediately found them, hastily bandaging 'Fire Crotch's" nose up and stemming the bloodflow. He was hopping mad and getting about a half dozen more members of the gang and shouting obsenities in a nearby bardhouse they were renting for their clubhouse and illicit trading outpost. He sensed that Naru's earlier thought was right, the gang was worried about a loss of standing and reputation with their allies and superiors. 'Fire Crotch' was eassuring them that with their current outpost, they were untouchable as they held the only land road that ran through the forest, making them indispensable to the organisations local operations.

Edgar smiled sinisterly. That barnhouse will become their tomb. "Looks like we have a place for their funerals..." he said with a harsh sounding sneer.

Naru nodded he pink flushed face, and thought of Jarrod and the Greasers. "Sounds like we have a battlefield then. We could either strike with a frontal assault... or lull them into a false sense of security. After all, I am quite plastered... but they don't know that I'm not all that I seem... Even drunk, I won't be at risk unless they actually have something like Valor rounds chambered in their weapons. Though, they don't seem that well equipped to be carrying any of that ammunition. Valor rounds are expensive, its like 25 Gil per round chambered for a forty-five caliber weapon." she says with a sigh, but if anything her master told her, was to expect the unexpected of enemies. He seemed to stress that a lot, and never really talked about it, but he said he once let a rival get the best of him, by making him wait... Losing one's cool in a battle, and thinking that you've already one before the battle started are more than likely to get you killed, he told her. So even though they may be too poorly equipped from first glance... there was that possibility now that she thought of it. "On second thought, it's probably best we ambush them at the barn then." she amended, not that she was afraid one of them may be carrying such rounds with Ed about anyhow.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):
Consumable Items (Potions, Poisons, etc):
Currency (in Gilex [gX]): 480

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:04 am

Nessvyn wrote:Ness gasped. "Wow... they still here? The patron I mean? I should shake their hand!" she said. She'd had a few run ins with them. They once pulled up her skirt in public, but with the aid of Sig, and Master Doomhammer, the punks never bothered her again, not to mention she bit deep into one of the bunch's hands, last she knew, it scarred over.

(OOC: Posting for Random NPCs)

The bartender smiled, nodded, and indicated to the overly large man in black armor and robes, and the lavender haired woman sitting in one of the enclosed booths. "That's them over there, the big guy in black and the girl with the light pink hair, who by now looks as tipsy as you can get!" The bar tender laughed, and if Nessvyn looked at the table itself, she would notice a thick smear of blood on the edge of the table.

Narumeia wrote:Naru nodded he pink flushed face, and thought of Jarrod and the Greasers. "Sounds like we have a battlefield then. We could either strike with a frontal assault... or lull them into a false sense of security. After all, I am quite plastered... but they don't know that I'm not all that I seem... Even drunk, I won't be at risk unless they actually have something like Valor rounds chambered in their weapons. Though, they don't seem that well equipped to be carrying any of that ammunition. Valor rounds are expensive, its like 25 Gil per round chambered for a forty-five caliber weapon." she says with a sigh, but if anything her master told her, was to expect the unexpected of enemies. He seemed to stress that a lot, and never really talked about it, but he said he once let a rival get the best of him, by making him wait... Losing one's cool in a battle, and thinking that you've already one before the battle started are more than likely to get you killed, he told her. So even though they may be too poorly equipped from first glance... there was that possibility now that she thought of it. "On second thought, it's probably best we ambush them at the barn then." she amended, not that she was afraid one of them may be carrying such rounds with Ed about anyhow.

Edgar smiled again slightly and said "I wouldn't worry about their weaponry anyway. Even if they had valor rounds, I can block bullets just fine. We'll wait till nightfall to ambush them, that is when they will calm down enough to be vulnerable to either ambush, or frontal assault inside the barn, as they will get enough confidence back into them to delude themselves into a false sense of security."

He then sensed something, and looked back towards the bar, and saw a young short woman looking at them, and noticed the small horns protruding from her head. He did not sense malice about her, and noted she had plenty of mortal characteristics in her. "Huh... Coincidentally, we come across another half demon right here in this little village." he said and smiled.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:06 am

She turned towards the bar, raising a brow. "Huh, well I'll be. I guess she's that demon I overheard earlier, the one that one man with the war hammer had been defending prior to Jarrod's arrival to the long house."

She looked over the little one, noting the fine craftsmanship of her dress and the strange metal item she had sheathed on her lower back. She then turned her head to the ceiling, with the sound of thunder in the air. She then returned her attention to Edgar. "Aye. It's for the best. With cover of darkness, and then the coming storm, they wont be expecting us...nor will anyone be able to hear them scream..." she says her eyes glazed, mixed with the glassy look of drunkeness, but just beneath that were eyes that were getting ready for blood shed. Again, she didn't have a problem with cutting her foes down with her blade, it was the idea of removing them of their soul which, when it boiled down to it, scared her. She knew, because like them, one day when she died, she'd be joining them in the void...

She closed her eyes and sighed, before smiling. "I'll take some of what you're having..." she says, sliding her empty mug towards Ed, tapping the bottle of whiskey. "Then... we can eat if you like. Cause I don't know about you, but if I stood up to order us something, I'm more than likely going to fall in someones lap...." she says, drunkenly, chuckling perversely at the end of her statement, closing her eyes and grinning, showing off her pearly whites.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:14 am

Ed nodded with a grin, "That's her. She only really gets persecuted by Vodvelk Greywatch, but her fears are for being ridiculed for her tiny frame more than her demonic features. I guess nobody really told her it's not the size of the body that matters, but the power of her will. Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..."

He nodded to Naru when she accepted the planned course of action regarding the thugs and began to unscrew the cap on his whisky, when naru eyed it and asked for a mug full. He looked at her for a moment, judging her current insobriety to mere ale, and shrugged and thought 'why the heck not?' and proceeded to fill the mug up with the amber whisky, before handing Naru the mug. "Be careful with that. Whisky is a whole hell of a lot stronger than ale." and with that he let the mug go and watched with an expectant grin.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:34 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed nodded with a grin, "That's her. She only really gets persecuted by Vodvelk Greywatch, but her fears are for being ridiculed for her tiny frame more than her demonic features. I guess nobody really told her it's not the size of the body that matters, but the power of her will. Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..."

He nodded to Naru when she accepted the planned course of action regarding the thugs and began to unscrew the cap on his whisky, when naru eyed it and asked for a mug full. He looked at her for a moment, judging her current insobriety to mere ale, and shrugged and thought 'why the heck not?' and proceeded to fill the mug up with the amber whisky, before handing Naru the mug. "Be careful with that. Whisky is a whole hell of a lot stronger than ale." and with that he let the mug go and watched with an expectant grin.

She smiled. "Well then my decision to spare this village the fate of the dragon was spot on then." she says before adding: "Its either that, or she doesn't like having to hop to look over the counter."

She blinked at Edgar's remark about the difference in alcohol. "Please, I've drank higher proof sake than ale. The Sake I've drank may only be 40%, but what's another 40% to the mix?" she says before taking back the mug. She narrowed her eyes at him (though the one still hidden by her peekaboo bang). "Pff.. I'll show you..." she says, tipping back the mug. Gulp. Gulp. Gulp....gulp......gulp. She pulled the mug away, blinking wetness from her eyes. It was smooth, yet made her make a hiss when she opened her mouth. "Hahhhh..." she exhaled, slamming the mug down. "See, not so..." she started, then blinked, multiple times. It wasn't the room spinning, no; it was if her brain was now rotating on an access. Though she may be sitting, she was standing in her head. A sense of vertigo, and warmth. Her face felt warm, her ears seemed to take in a lot of sound, her eyes were a little blurry, but mostly from the wetness accompanied by drinking. She almost felt hor-

She blushed deep red at the thought and shook her head. "N-not so bad. See. Easy. 80% isn't bad.... that...was 80%...right.....?" she says to him, as her brain still seemed to keep rotating on an axis. She was moving in her seat, slightly, but it was if she was moving with a gentle breeze...
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:01 am

Ed's smile said all he needed to say at Naru's drunken antics. He reached across the table and pressed his index finger to her forhead gently. "You are, really very drunk right now." he said as he let some of his own power dilute the alchololic mixture in her belly to lessen the effect to a comfortable buzz, rather than a drowning ferret in a bubble of raw alchohol.

"If you overindulge, you'll become quite sick, and then you'll have trouble focusing tonight. Your 3/4ths demon, but even demons don't break down alchohol quickly, especially if they have not fed on life energy in a while." he explained, all the while wearing that grin on his face.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:29 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed's smile said all he needed to say at Naru's drunken antics. He reached across the table and pressed his index finger to her forhead gently. "You are, really very drunk right now." he said as he let some of his own power dilute the alchololic mixture in her belly to lessen the effect to a comfortable buzz, rather than a drowning ferret in a bubble of raw alchohol.

"If you overindulge, you'll become quite sick, and then you'll have trouble focusing tonight. Your 3/4ths demon, but even demons don't break down alchohol quickly, especially if they have not fed on life energy in a while." he explained, all the while wearing that grin on his face.

She narrowed her eyes, and pushed his hand away lightly. "I-I'm fine." she puffed her cheeks, and groaned. "It's only been....a while." she says on the life energy. "I also ate a warg earlier. It was delicious." she says chuckling before blinking at him again. "Perhaps having something in my stomach, physically, would help..." she says frowning. "...That or Coffee...." she sighed.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:42 am

Ed chuckled lightly. "Yeah, well, I can still purchase your meal of choice at dinnertime, if you have solid food in your belly when we go.... 'Hunting' tonight, you'll feel better. Unless you plannd to physically eat the prey as well?" Ed chuckled at the notion a little and looked out of the window into the village even as the people calmed down slightly to try and continue their daily activities.

"Hmm... it would seem they are calming down to less frightened levels of fear. The dragon is resting in it's cave, I can sense it now... But I also know it's not coming to this village, despite marking Jarrod as a target. The creature is not some idiotic rube or animal... It has become curious as to the explosion in Gailden a few hours ago." 'An explosion I caused no less... That means it's coming for me too...' he thought that last bit to himself.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:55 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed chuckled lightly. "Yeah, well, I can still purchase your meal of choice at dinnertime, if you have solid food in your belly when we go.... 'Hunting' tonight, you'll feel better. Unless you plannd to physically eat the prey as well?" Ed chuckled at the notion a little and looked out of the window into the village even as the people calmed down slightly to try and continue their daily activities.

"Hmm... it would seem they are calming down to less frightened levels of fear. The dragon is resting in it's cave, I can sense it now... But I also know it's not coming to this village, despite marking Jarrod as a target. The creature is not some idiotic rube or animal... It has become curious as to the explosion in Gailden a few hours ago." 'An explosion I caused no less... That means it's coming for me too...' he thought that last bit to himself.

Naru narrowed her eyes. "I've never eaten prey physically, or so you've described. It's not like my jaws unhinge, or I can transform into a bigger creature. And as for magic, I've never even studied or practiced how to shrink targets down." she yawned. "Though... I'm unsure how it would taste...." she says, somewhat curious to the prospect now.

She looked about them. "Yeah, I would say things have calmed down some. The dragon made Jarrod suffer physically and mentally, why did it not simply kill him then when it had the chance? Instead it left him, near crippled and gasping for breath..." she frowned, her hands around the mug, perhaps squeezing it a little too hard as it warped the metal. She groaned further till she noticed what she'd done and wide eyed, gasped, and slid the empty mug to the side with the others...

She sighed again, running a hand through her hair. "So, what now?" she asked, blushed and drunk.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 am

Ed looked back at Narumeia, and replied. "Well, as it so happens, as the crown prince of Hell, I have certain powers over other demons. I have the ability to unlock your full potential, and free you from your constraints to the Demon Realm, or even Hell itself. This is a little easier since you also have mortal blood in you, but I can essentially give you the same open choice that all mortals have. As a bonus, it increases your powers dramatically. I can't say what your new powers will manifest as, but as a demon with mortal blood in you, you also have access to mortals hidden capability of unlimited potential. The only downside is, you will aquire an appetite, either for a lot more mortal made food and beverages, or more mortal life energies."

When Narumeia asked about the dragons intent, he sighed and looked out the window. "She's marked him as a potential future meal, but didn't want to eat them both at once, so she pretty much forced him to watch her eat his girlfriend whole. She believes she has broken him, the sadistic lizard, and thinks he will never again put up the same fight when she comes for him." His answer was the truth, even though it condemned the creatures intent.

"Well, we can go to our suites and rest up, or we could get some food, or get to know people in the village market. Depends on what you feel up to doing." Ed answered looking back at Narumeia.

Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:27 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed looked back at Narumeia, and replied. "Well, as it so happens, as the crown prince of Hell, I have certain powers over other demons. I have the ability to unlock your full potential, and free you from your constraints to the Demon Realm, or even Hell itself. This is a little easier since you also have mortal blood in you, but I can essentially give you the same open choice that all mortals have. As a bonus, it increases your powers dramatically. I can't say what your new powers will manifest as, but as a demon with mortal blood in you, you also have access to mortals hidden capability of unlimited potential. The only downside is, you will aquire an appetite, either for a lot more mortal made food and beverages, or more mortal life energies."

When Narumeia asked about the dragons intent, he sighed and looked out the window. "She's marked him as a potential future meal, but didn't want to eat them both at once, so she pretty much forced him to watch her eat his girlfriend whole. She believes she has broken him, the sadistic lizard, and thinks he will never again put up the same fight when she comes for him." His answer was the truth, even though it condemned the creatures intent.

"Well, we can go to our suites and rest up, or we could get some food, or get to know people in the village market. Depends on what you feel up to doing." Ed answered looking back at Narumeia.

She frowned. "Perhaps another time. I don't think I feel up to taking that risk before helping out Jarrod. Though the offer is nice. I don't really know what you mean by 'constraints', I've never heard of anything restricting us demons to anything in particular." she then grinned slyly, narrowing her eyes at him: "Besides, you haven't even seen me in combat yet. I feel a little ashamed that you think I can't handle myself as is, without having even seen me unsheath my blade, with exception of perhaps cutting the restraints on Snow White." she teased in a teasing tone, leaned over, her chin in her right hand with the elbow propped on the table, while her left hand reached out and flicked Ed's forehead with a playful smile.

She kept the smile even as she spoke of the lizard. "Well, she isn't going to get the chance to. I won't let her get her maw around him. It may be just tapped emotions from his mate, but he's still a member of this village and I lo-" she stopped herself, loosing that confident look as she hiccuped. She rose her head clapping her red face. "I-I'm fine. Though all of those things sound rather pleasant." she says, coughing into her fist. "Though, probably best to do those things in the reverse order."
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:39 am

Ed tried to explain - "Demons are sometimes bound by their very nature, or their servitude to higher demons. I can break those shackles. And I can read your memories, so I know how you fight. Impressive indeed, but the enemies you will face once we reach the Asrond Spire may indeed challenge your perceptions of what you would consider an overwhelmingly tough opponent." He smiled at her confidence though, which let him lean back in his chair a little.

Ed smirked a little. "So you wish to revisit the market? Hopefully not to purchase too many more chocolate bars, you'll spoil dinner, and the....dessert" he said.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:50 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed tried to explain - "Demons are sometimes bound by their very nature, or their servitude to higher demons. I can break those shackles. And I can read your memories, so I know how you fight. Impressive indeed, but the enemies you will face once we reach the Asrond Spire may indeed challenge your perceptions of what you would consider an overwhelmingly tough opponent." He smiled at her confidence though, which let him lean back in his chair a little.

Ed smirked a little. "So you wish to revisit the market? Hopefully not to purchase too many more chocolate bars, you'll spoil dinner, and the....dessert" he said.

She chuckled. "Servitude? Thats only if I went back to the Demon Realm. I was born outside, in this realm. Technically, I'm not bound to serve any of the noble demons unless I moved back; you can say there has been some Underworld Politics as of late. Eighteen years ago, the Heir to the Demon Realm passed away. His mate took control and she set forth rules to limit demon contact with humans. Though, some of the demons don't like the idea of being stuck inside our pocket dimension and have simply left. Since I was born outside that influence, I'm pretty sure they can't touch me unless if its the woman herself. Many of the Nobles are weak, though some are more powerful than me, without no doubt. As I said, would be different if I decided to return to the realm, but...I think this realm's side has rubbed off on me." she says leaning back with her arms folded under her breasts. "H-hey! I can purchase whatever the Hell I want! It's my money....pff..." she says puffing her cheeks, turning her head to the left with a pout.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:23 am

"The demons of Hell are a whole different level of powerful and nasty. Of that, you can be assured..." Ed said, losing any sort of smile at that comment, and placing a hand idly on his chest wound, before placing it back on the table. "Yes, there are monsters from that place that can rip dimensional barriers to shreds and cause a lot of subspace damage, and even temporal damage. I've noticed that since I've been here, no echoes of such damage has occurred for a few million years. While this is good, as in the planet is not destroyed or uninhabitable, it is also a bad thing, because it means that nobody here, except perhaps myself, is capable of challenging beings of that level of power..."

Ed sighed as he realised something. These people on Galivan may have a variety of wonderous powers and skills at their command compared to those of his homeworld, but they were equally as unprepared to face an opposing force of such a scale of numbers, technology and sheer raw power. Some individuals under his mothers command were more then capable of cracking planets apart in a wide number of ways... The only thing he could think of was to prey that he was now strong enough to challenge them, and his mother. he trained fanatically for 13 years after his previous defeat and humiliation at her hands. His face was a deep frown at the thought.

Naru;s outburst brought him out of his self induced funk and he blinked at her. Then he laughed. "Oh no Naru, I'm not saying you can't! I'm saying that you SHOULDN'T. I won't stop you form doing whatever you want to do, but I also won't be able to ease the pain when you get sick from eating too much chocolate. Eeeeveerything in moderation as they say." Ed continued to laugh at Naru's pout.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nessvyn Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 am

Edgar Holden wrote:
Nessvyn wrote:Ness gasped. "Wow... they still here? The patron I mean? I should shake their hand!" she said. She'd had a few run ins with them. They once pulled up her skirt in public, but with the aid of Sig, and Master Doomhammer, the punks never bothered her again, not to mention she bit deep into one of the bunch's hands, last she knew, it scarred over.

(OOC: Posting for Random NPCs)

The bartender smiled, nodded, and indicated to the overly large man in black armor and robes, and the lavender haired woman sitting in one of the enclosed booths. "That's them over there, the big guy in black and the girl with the light pink hair, who by now looks as tipsy as you can get!" The bar tender laughed, and if Nessvyn looked at the table itself, she would notice a thick smear of blood on the edge of the table.

Narumeia wrote:Naru nodded he pink flushed face, and thought of Jarrod and the Greasers. "Sounds like we have a battlefield then. We could either strike with a frontal assault... or lull them into a false sense of security. After all, I am quite plastered... but they don't know that I'm not all that I seem... Even drunk, I won't be at risk unless they actually have something like Valor rounds chambered in their weapons. Though, they don't seem that well equipped to be carrying any of that ammunition. Valor rounds are expensive, its like 25 Gil per round chambered for a forty-five caliber weapon." she says with a sigh, but if anything her master told her, was to expect the unexpected of enemies. He seemed to stress that a lot, and never really talked about it, but he said he once let a rival get the best of him, by making him wait... Losing one's cool in a battle, and thinking that you've already one before the battle started are more than likely to get you killed, he told her. So even though they may be too poorly equipped from first glance... there was that possibility now that she thought of it. "On second thought, it's probably best we ambush them at the barn then." she amended, not that she was afraid one of them may be carrying such rounds with Ed about anyhow.

Edgar smiled again slightly and said "I wouldn't worry about their weaponry anyway. Even if they had valor rounds, I can block bullets just fine. We'll wait till nightfall to ambush them, that is when they will calm down enough to be vulnerable to either ambush, or frontal assault inside the barn, as they will get enough confidence back into them to delude themselves into a false sense of security."

He then sensed something, and looked back towards the bar, and saw a young short woman looking at them, and noticed the small horns protruding from her head. He did not sense malice about her, and noted she had plenty of mortal characteristics in her. "Huh... Coincidentally, we come across another half demon right here in this little village." he said and smiled.

She turned to face them, noticing them both easily. However, the girl who was tipsy...

Dragon's Tooth Tavern and Inn - Page 2 0b0c6d440aa80be45087db6ffbb26a62_zps0kpnwmon

...had rounded horns sticking from the sides of her head and outward pointed ears, similar to her own.

She blinked at them for a couple moments. The ears and horns seemed to 'shimmer' though when ever the woman went to run her hand through her hair, it would pass through the horns like if they were not there. She turned to the bar tender again. "Are you..." she was beginning to say to the bar man, before she closed her eyes and sighed. "...sure Doloric won't mind me coming up to talk to him?" she asked, turning to the pair again. If the demons behind her were going to cause trouble, it seemed it was only to the scum bags who they took care of. There was no need to put unnecessary attention on them, and get people worried.
Nessvyn
Nessvyn
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:37 am

Edgar Holden wrote:"The demons of Hell are a whole different level of powerful and nasty. Of that, you can be assured..." Ed said, losing any sort of smile at that comment, and placing a hand idly on his chest wound, before placing it back on the table. "Yes, there are monsters from that place that can rip dimensional barriers to shreds and cause a lot of subspace damage, and even temporal damage. I've noticed that since I've been here, no echoes of such damage has occurred for a few million years. While this is good, as in the planet is not destroyed or uninhabitable, it is also a bad thing, because it means that nobody here, except perhaps myself, is capable of challenging beings of that level of power..."

Ed sighed as he realised something. These people on Galivan may have a variety of wonderous powers and skills at their command compared to those of his homeworld, but they were equally as unprepared to face an opposing force of such a scale of numbers, technology and sheer raw power. Some individuals under his mothers command were more then capable of cracking planets apart in a wide number of ways... The only thing he could think of was to prey that he was now strong enough to challenge them, and his mother. he trained fanatically for 13 years after his previous defeat and humiliation at her hands. His face was a deep frown at the thought.

Naru;s outburst brought him out of his self induced funk and he blinked at her. Then he laughed. "Oh no Naru, I'm not saying you can't! I'm saying that you SHOULDN'T. I won't stop you form doing whatever you want to do, but I also won't be able to ease the pain when you get sick from eating too much chocolate. Eeeeveerything in moderation as they say." Ed continued to laugh at Naru's pout.

"Well, for now, I'll hold off on the upgrade. And you damn straight that you can't stop me from buying more chocolate...but, you never know! I may not even buy chocolate... there may be a few amenities I'd like to buy or other gear. Perhaps find out more info on the state of affairs here." she says still slightly buzzed and pink in the face. "Moderation...pff... you just demons live in the extremes not too long ago." she then shook her head, sighing. "Bah, now I'm confused again..." she slipped out of the seat, standing up. She wobbled for a moment, but then managed to hold her ground. She turned from Ed, to the little demoness staring at them. "...Ed is there something in my hair, or can she...?" she began, her tone low.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:53 am

Narumeia wrote:"Well, for now, I'll hold off on the upgrade. And you damn straight that you can't stop me from buying more chocolate...but, you never know! I may not even buy chocolate... there may be a few amenities I'd like to buy or other gear. Perhaps find out more info on the state of affairs here." she says still slightly buzzed and pink in the face. "Moderation...pff... you just demons live in the extremes not too long ago." she then shook her head, sighing. "Bah, now I'm confused again..." she slipped out of the seat, standing up. She wobbled for a moment, but then managed to hold her ground. She turned from Ed, to the little demoness staring at them. "...Ed is there something in my hair, or can she...?" she began, her tone low.

"Yes, I said demons live in extremes. But you, are part human. You can temper yourself to quell the extremes with discipline and courage. That means you have an advantage." Ed explained.

he smiled at the mention of Nessvyn seeing through the illusion. "Well, she is part demon too, and I didn't design the illusion to fool emonsenses, only mortal ones, so you wouldn't be persecuted. Besides, she doesn't intend to point it out. She sympathises with your plight, more than you realise."

Nessvyn wrote:She turned to face them, noticing them both easily. However, the girl who was tipsy...

Dragon's Tooth Tavern and Inn - Page 2 0b0c6d440aa80be45087db6ffbb26a62_zps0kpnwmon

...had rounded horns sticking from the sides of her head and outward pointed ears, similar to her own.

She blinked at them for a couple moments. The ears and horns seemed to 'shimmer' though when ever the woman went to run her hand through her hair, it would pass through the horns like if they were not there. She turned to the bar tender again. "Are you..." she was beginning to say to the bar man, before she closed her eyes and sighed. "...sure Doloric won't mind me coming up to talk to him?" she asked, turning to the pair again. If the demons behind her were going to cause trouble, it seemed it was only to the scum bags who they took care of. There was no need to put unnecessary attention on them, and get people worried.

The Barkeep looked at Ness a little puzzled. "No Ness, why would Doloric mind seeing you?"

However, after the barkeep finished speaking, Ness heard Ed's voice inside her mind. "You don't need to be afraid, Nessvyn, we are not here to harm your village or it's people. My name is Edward, the big guy in black armor."
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nessvyn Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:40 am

Edgar Holden wrote:

The Barkeep looked at Ness a little puzzled. "No  Ness, why would Doloric mind seeing you?"

However, after the barkeep finished speaking, Ness heard Ed's voice inside her mind. "You don't need to be afraid, Nessvyn, we are not here to harm your village or it's people. My name is Edward, the big guy in black armor."

She chuckled, turning back to him. "Wha? Oh...uh, never mind. Stress from the news about Jarrod's got to me. Little pensive, forget I said anything." she stated, frowning as she did. She began heading up to the second floor when she hear the voice.

She turned to the man in armor. She didn't know what to say. Or... think. How to respond.

She eventually went for the universal sign of friendliness and waved to him with a smile. "Sounded like he called me through my head.... They don't seem like bad seeds. I'm cool with them being here. Still though, his name is Edward?" she thought, not sure if she should walk up and introduce herself or not. She noted the woman was standing now, looking at her, so she assumed they may be aware of her, aware of them now. It only made sense that way.
Nessvyn
Nessvyn
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Narumeia Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:09 am

Edgar Holden wrote:
Narumeia wrote:"Well, for now, I'll hold off on the upgrade. And you damn straight that you can't stop me from buying more chocolate...but, you never know! I may not even buy chocolate... there may be a few amenities I'd like to buy or other gear. Perhaps find out more info on the state of affairs here." she says still slightly buzzed and pink in the face. "Moderation...pff... you just demons live in the extremes not too long ago." she then shook her head, sighing. "Bah, now I'm confused again..." she slipped out of the seat, standing up. She wobbled for a moment, but then managed to hold her ground. She turned from Ed, to the little demoness staring at them. "...Ed is there something in my hair, or can she...?" she began, her tone low.

"Yes, I said demons live in extremes. But you, are part human. You can temper yourself to quell the extremes with discipline and courage. That means you have an advantage." Ed explained.

he smiled at the mention of Nessvyn seeing through the illusion. "Well, she is part demon too, and I didn't design the illusion to fool demon senses, only mortal ones, so you wouldn't be persecuted. Besides, she doesn't intend to point it out. She sympathises with your plight, more than you realise."

"Hm." she hummed, then noticed her waving. Blinking, and feeling awkward just standing there, she waved back. "Well, I'm heading off to the market then." She says, turning to Ed. "You coming too?" she asked. She figured she'd introduce herself to the little imp later on, as she had a strange feeling in her chest that they were going to cross paths again. As it was she was getting the strange feeling she's been here before, in this situation, however she couldn't put a finger on when.
Narumeia
Narumeia
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Items
Projectiles (Ammo):

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 am

Ed smiled, and waved to Nessvyn, then he answered Narumeia. "Sure. I could use some air." Ed stood back up to his full height, and followed Narumeia out the door, He did cast a friendly glance to Nessvyn as he passed her, before stooping his head low as he did to clear the doorway. He then thought to himself "See ness? Extreme height has it's disadvantages, like criks in the neck because you have to play limbo in almost every doorway."

Once he cleared the door, he put the curclette back onto his head, before pulling up his cowl.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Farsythe Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:04 am

Jace entered the Tavern, taking a seat at the end of the bar. The young man looked rough, stubble on his chin, his hair in a mess, and his clothes seemed askew. He just finished negotiating a life or death deal, and after three weeks of being held as those bastards captive, he was finally free. Not too long after Bella was killed, he was taken to some sort of facility. They asked him various questions, and it was obvious they were NOT the Galiavan Mob. Still though, with some 'Sight Jacking' and his other abilities, he managed to keep himself from getting killed too. Thus the reason why he looked so worn out.

"A glass of anything that can take the pain away, and make it a double...." he says in a defeated tone, eyes hazy and otherwise looking absolutely like shit.
Jace Farsythe
Jace Farsythe
Corproral
Corproral

Back to top Go down

Post  Nessvyn Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:12 am

Ness made her way back down through the Tavern itself, passing the newcomer who looked absolutely defeated. She paused, turning to him, with a slight frown. He looked as though he got ran over by a train, haggard and worn away. She turned to the barman behind the counter again, and got his attention before mouthing out to him: 'Put whatever he's having on my tab', more or less, with a wink, before heading back out with a smile. Sometimes it was best to leave people alone when they were in this kind of state, but she'd at least make his drink free. If he was still in town later, she may just stop by and see what was the matter. He had a curious look to him, much like the two demons she met earlier.

She then headed out to the street, heading to Doomhammer's barn agian.
Nessvyn
Nessvyn
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next