Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor District

+9
Alfred Wilnas
Finn Lachdanan
The Mysterious Stranger
Random Mobs
Saeko
Anastasia Faizland
Old Sid
Satori
Sango Sigara
13 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Poor District - Page 2 Empty Re: Poor District

Post  Finn Lachdanan Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Finn didn't know exactly where to go, but after showing Saeko's blade and giving a general description of the said swordswoman, the locals directed him to the poor district. From there, it was simply observing the residents within react to him brandishing the blade and worryingly looking in the direction heading North East of the Poor District. "Always helpful..." he grumbled, if not for him holding Saeko's blade, he imagined it would have been pretty rough entering this area of the city where he didn't see many or any foreigners. "These poor residents probably are thinking: 'The Poor District is gonna 'rupt in flames! All because some foolish bastard's got that crazy woman's sword', or something like that." he says out loud, not caring if he was heard. He would find Ms. Busujima in time, he was a skilled tracker after all.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:52 am

(From here)
Finn Lachdanan wrote:
Saeko wrote:
"Ah... sounds legit." Saeko replied to his Beijionese hospitality remark, taking a seat and slipped the garters under her skirt, then began to slide her thigh high stockings one by one up her exposed, slender legs. She noticed he did not enter, likely due to his armored boots, but the fact he was courteous to the Beijionese standards, which was commendable. She closed her eyes, sighing as he brought up the day before. "To be honest, I'd like to say we were both unreasonable. Given the circumstances..." she grumbled, finishing clipping the garters to her purple thigh high stockings. She smoothed out her black mini-skirt as she stood, walking over to his direction before she stood face to face with the foreign red-haired young man. "Today we start on a new leaf. There is no reason for us to keep hostilities, given we will making our exchange in full." she continued, before kneeling down before him, grabbing her purple knee high combat boots.

She began slipping them on, crouched on one knee. "It was rather bad timing..."

Poor District - Page 2 Saeko_by_kikoaihara-dbnjxtj

She tied the straps tight, and applied the knee protectors as she continued:

"With the dragon attack, my rival, my... humility... I was not in a very good mood..." she says, blushing, her right arm crossing her chest, holding her left fore arm as she sat there embarrassed.  

Poor District - Page 2 2966bee94bffd05ec15e58e0f11b07f4_d5g34vc_by_kikoaihara-dbnjxtq

"Either way," she quickly adds, closing her eyes and recomposing herself, standing up once more before turning towards him with a smile. "We can begin anew, so long as my father's sword hasn't been damaged while in your care." she slightly threatened, but her tone was light and teasing. She slipped elbow guards and gloves on, standing before him with her combat gear ready:

Poor District - Page 2 Zgzs__11__by_kikoaihara-dbnjxsv

"Let us leave, an be silent for I do not want to wake my guest." she reiterated, walking past him with a cool air about her, taking to the street ahead of Finn.

Finn watched with distrait as the woman slid her thigh highs up her sexy legs, admiring the view before the 'view' came to him. Staring now at the samurai's eyes. "A 'new leaf', eh?" he asks, watching her lower herself. He backed up, giving her room to slip on her boots, noticing their armoured construction, which reminded him of more modern Rolanian SWAT gear... "Hm?" he blinked, hearing her tone shift, glancing from her knees to her face. She was becoming increasingly agitated, nervous as she spoke of the highlights. "A rival? I doubt there is much of a competition against you, with your direct, terrifying manner at times." he admitted, somewhat as a mild jest, but her expression did not change. Humility... if it came to her modesty, she was rather confident strutting her stuff in public, but he knew what she meant. Her reputation and honour.

She stood up suddenly, her composure returned and further slipped on more modern means of protection to her elbows hand hands. Her smile was encouraging, but her teasing tone made him fluster as he felt he took rather great care of her blade! "Yeah, well, the same for me mother's amulet Ms. Busujima." he scoffed as she walked past him, turning to follow her as he quietly closes the door behind them.

Saeko half turned, her right hand on her hip, her free hand pulling out the emerald necklace by its chain, showing it to him. "You're heirloom's fine. Couldn't have been in safer hands in this district, and that's saying something given how I returned home deprived of my clothes." She shrugged, slipping the amulet back into her pocket, brushing the purple colored journal. She cocked her head to the right, nodding down a narrow street. "Follow me. And stay close, the kids here can deprive you of your belt buckle before you even knew it. People are desperate in this quarter for obvious reasons." she says low enough not to be overheard, leading Finn along.
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:37 am

He followed after Saeko, watching his mother's amulet swing in her hand before she brought it back to her hidden pocket, noticing the shape of a book before she alerted him of the dangers of being pick-pocketed. He shrugged, following close to her side. He decided it was best to ask now, since it was on his mind: "So, why is it still desperate here? This is entire sector is still called the Poor District after the last, what, 500+ years? Hasn't the Emperor or Empress tried to do anything about it in the past?"
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 am

"There have been many. The previous Emperor... especially. Its not so easy for the Emperor to rid a city of poverty, so that tends to fall to one of the other noble houses. Unfortunate for the poverty stricken, most of the Beijio upper class can care less what happens to this district as long as the stench of the filth doesn't drift into the market street. The Empress has been busy with her personal life and foreign policy, the Shogun is too busy trying to keep the city safe from everything ranging to dragons to demon pirates..." she paused at that, then turned to him with leveled eyes. "...don't ask." she then resets her gaze to the street before her and continued.

"Funding doesn't go into the poor district, but to walls, guards, and construction of the main areas of the city. I'm not too fond of it myself, and that isn't just the 'fallen from grace' side of me speaking. Even when I wasn't living in a dusty apartment in the slums... I never liked how torn apart our empire truly is beneath the surface. You think the Beijiosaki's and Garamondes had succeeded in unifying Beijio... but in truth, they couldn't be more divided..."

She paused, pointing left, not looking at Finn. "This way."
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 am

Saeko wrote:"There have been many. The previous Emperor... especially. Its not so easy for the Emperor to rid a city of poverty, so that tends to fall to one of the other noble houses. Unfortunate for the poverty stricken, most of the Beijio upper class can care less what happens to this district as long as the stench of the filth doesn't drift into the market street. The Empress has been busy with her personal life and foreign policy, the Shogun is too busy trying to keep the city safe from everything ranging to dragons to demon pirates..." she paused at that, then turned to him with leveled eyes. "...don't ask." she then resets her gaze to the street before her and continued.

"Funding doesn't go into the poor district, but to walls, guards, and construction of the main areas of the city. I'm not too fond of it myself, and that isn't just the 'fallen from grace' side of me speaking. Even when I wasn't living in a dusty apartment in the slums... I never liked how torn apart our empire truly is beneath the surface. You think the Beijiosaki's and Garamondes had succeeded in unifying Beijio... but in truth, they couldn't be more divided..."

She paused, pointing left, not looking at Finn. "This way."

Finn remained silent as she explained the situation and it painted a sad picture indeed. Since her father killed the previous emperor who had tried to help the large poor district, it was not only the nobles which hated the Busujima name... but the entirety of the empire. The poor would have seen the act even more treasonous than some of the upper class. He watched her expressionless face, seemingly too on task to show any sort of emotion he could easily read. What is there to read? She's heart broken and lost purpose in a city which despises her, living amongst those who live in fear or disgust... but I've seen some speak positive of her too, but... she's a proud one. Because of the sins of the father...

He followed closer, catching her perfume on the wind. "Perhaps there needs to be a change then, to the status quo. In Scardia, the government sends scouts into the poorer areas, offering jobs to those who can work and aid to the injured. Though not permanent, it provides service to the kingdom and gilex in the pockets of the needy. Sure, there is always disconnect between classes, but Scardia was once divided by them too. There used to be a Slave Caste... but it was abolished by Scar'd, and all the classes took his example." He explained, before shrugging. "Sorry, I don't mean to bore you with me country's history."
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 am

"I've heard that one. Scar'd is an interesting individual in your people's history." she replied, glancing over at him. "You saw my apartment, I'm a history buff." she added, taking his wrist suddenly and then pulled him towards a building with a thick carpet for a door. "My household used to be one of the pillars of this nation. We were the 'Thunderbeast's of Beijio', and with blades of thunder we cast all opposition from Beijio's borders. We were a powerful house, for nearly 1000 years... in its golden age, the Busujima's had commanded respect even among the criminals of Beijio. The triads, yakuza in the city were paid to keep the city safe when the guard were not present... outsiders would fear the lightning our family would rain down upon them should they cross them, or the Emperor. We spun tales and lead armies, assassinated threats and openly declared war on all of the Emperor's enemies. We were a force to be reckoned with..." she then paused, her head bowing before the entrance to the small restaurant she frequented.

"Now we are the family who slayed the Emperor. Nay, I'm the only Busujima left... all others had cast their namesake away, to keep their damned reputation... the honor they no longer deserved. I'm the last." she says. She turned to Finn, her blue eyes gleaming. "We are here." She changes the subject, parting the doorway's curtain like door. The scent of Beijionese cuisine was wafting into the air. "Go on in. I promised you breakfast."
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:23 am

Finn looked at her with a look of surprise, given he was sure from her tone the day before implied she disliked foreigners... he assumed she was a nationalist by that logic, but it was also very amusing to see she was familiar with the Scardian lore. He chuckled at her comment. "That is true, you had many books and tomes in your closet instead of clothes. And the large map on the wall reminded me of me grammar school's class room." he teased. He was suddenly grabbed by the wrist and pulled towards a shabby building with a curtain like door.

He silently listened as she spoke of her family history, of its relations to the people of Beijio and beyond. Thunder Beast, eh? That deadly look she gets in her eye is definitely bestial in nature, yet also very calculative. Fierce. He thought.

She bowed her head, and reiterated her current predicament, of being the last of her family name. "Why are you tellin' me th-" before he could finish, the purple haired woman had parted the rug like door and invited him in. The scent of the Beijionese cuisine within was exotic, and her insistence forced him to drop the thought and enter. "Heh, milady, where I am from it is customary for a man to hold the door open for a lady." he teased, but given her insistence he says this in passing, entering before her. However, as a gentlemanly act, he extended his right arm across the curtain, holding it up for her after he was inside.

It was a quaint little place from the look of things, not exactly presentable like the main areas he had been touring through before. However, he trusted Miss Busujima's intuition.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 am

Saeko didn't answer him yet, taking advantage of the open curtain, she slipped in and nodded to the counter without much acknowledgement in his gentlemanly advances. She made her way to the counter, passing a few tables with customers nursing rice, natto or yakizakana. "I'll have yakizakana (grilled fish), with a large side of rice and pickles." she asked, before turning to Finn with an inquisitive look.
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:58 am

Finn looked at the food items around them, unsure what was what. "Uh... I'll have whatever you're havin'." he says with a somewhat embarrassed look. He looked around, and yet could see some of the other restaurant patrons turn their gaze upon them. I must stick out like shite in the litter box... He thought pessimistically. He was sure this feeling would pass soon.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 am

Saeko nodded, turning to the worker again. "Make that two."

She then pointed towards one of the tables, and took a seat, motioning Finn to sit in front of her. "I have much to say, but first... proper introductions." She sighed, adjusting herself before looking Finn squarely into his eyes. "I am Busujima, Saeko; the current Head and only member of the House of Busujima. I am the daughter of General Taizo, who had slain the Emperor Sigara." she says in the formal manner, bowing her head slightly.
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:38 am

Saeko wrote:Saeko nodded, turning to the worker again. "Make that two."

She then pointed towards one of the tables, and took a seat, motioning Finn to sit in front of her. "I have much to say, but first... proper introductions." She sighed, adjusting herself before looking Finn squarely into his eyes. "I am Busujima, Saeko; the current Head and only member of the House of Busujima. I am the daughter of General Taizo, who had slain the Emperor Sigara." she says in the formal manner, bowing her head slightly.

Finn followed her, taking a seat in front of her as directed. He smirked briefly as she formally introduced herself, and given the stigma her family name was felt he had no reason to hide his own, especially after everything that had transpired between them. "I am Finn Ardol Lachdanan, of House Lachdanan. Like you, me family shares a history of King slayers." he began, shedding his identity to her. "And I am flattered to be of your acquaintance, Miss Busujima." He bowed, somewhat, taking her hand and raised it to his lips in an old, yet traditionally accepted custom.

He removed his lips and glanced up to her with his steel blue eyes, lowering her hand before returning to business. "So, ya say we have much to talk about, eh? I assume it must be in relation to the conversation on the way here. Not many would convey their personal history to a complete stranger without reason."
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:00 am

Finn Lachdanan wrote:
Saeko wrote:Saeko nodded, turning to the worker again. "Make that two."

Finn followed her, taking a seat in front of her as directed. He smirked briefly as she formally introduced herself, and given the stigma her family name was felt he had no reason to hide his own, especially after everything that had transpired between them. "I am Finn Ardol Lachdanan, of House Lachdanan. Like you, me family shares a history of King slayers." he began, shedding his identity to her. "And I am flattered to be of your acquaintance, Miss Busujima." He bowed, somewhat, taking her hand and raised it to his lips in an old, yet traditionally accepted custom.

He removed his lips and glanced up to her with his steel blue eyes, lowering her hand before returning to business. "So, ya say we have much to talk about, eh? I assume it must be in relation to the conversation on the way here. Not many would convey their personal history to a complete stranger without reason."

Saeko recognized the last name. Years ago, the Scardian King had been slain by his confidant, and has since been on the run. The young man before her was definitely not the perpetrator, for it was an older gentleman. She watched as he took her hand and kissed it, which made the others in the shop raise eyebrows or look away with shame or flustered looks. Saeko herself was a touch flustered, only for she saw the greeting as a tad outdated. "Saeko. No need to be too formal." she began, slipping her hand away once she could. She cleared her throat, and nodded to his perceptive response following his introduction.

"I understand now why you would be hesitant to relinquish your name in full the day before. But perhaps it is fate that we were to meet Finn." she began, pausing to remove her sister's journal from her pocket before setting it in front of her. "You are correct in your observation. I have a proposition for you Finn, for if you are in no hurry or reason to remain here in Beijio I would like to hire you on as additional muscle for a journey to find a missing treasure which belongs to the Busujima Family. If successful, it will help bring my family name from the brink of obscurity." she explained, tapping the journal's purple cover. "And its all in here."
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:08 am

Finn noticed the slight insecurity in her eyes. I should tone meself down to zero... He thought, leaning back. Her face changed though, as she brought out the purple journal and began to express her plan which she wished to involve him in. He raised a brow. "A missing treasure? What kind of treasure are we talkin' about?" he asked, firstly. His eyes drifted to the worn journal she was tapping.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:28 am

"The symbol of the Busujima family, the sword of the Thunder Beasts past, the Doujigiri." Saeko explained. "The blade allows its user to conjure 'the thunder' the lightning which protected Beijio. I was once under the impression the blade which you have taken from me was the Doujigiri, that the sword's power had simply run out... but we were wrong. According to my sister's research, the blade was taken by our ancestor, Hiyori Busujima, in late 2282, during the destruction of Beijio. Many rumors surround her vanishing, but my sister had believed that she either perished in Ryunoshi, where the original Busujima Manor remains in ruins, or that she had fled to the Amaine, wounded. My sister was unable to find the blade in Ryunoshi, and in her haste to return to the continent, was struck down in a fierce storm five years ago."

She paused as their meal arrived, grilled Beijionese Slaughterfish with white rice and pickled vegetables with complimentary bowls of miso soup and green tea:

Poor District - Page 2 Img_1936

Saeko nodded respectfully to their host. "My regards to the chef. Very presentable and delicious as always." she compliments with a smile before paying for the meal.

She turned to face Finn again and continued once the waitress left. "My sister, though a cunt... was not entirely stupid. She was willing to risk a storm, armed with these facts, to get back to the mainland and chart an expedition into the Amaine."
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 am

Saeko wrote:"The symbol of the Busujima family, the sword of the Thunder Beasts past, the Doujigiri." Saeko explained. "The blade allows its user to conjure 'the thunder' the lightning which protected Beijio. I was once under the impression the blade which you have taken from me was the Doujigiri, that the sword's power had simply run out... but we were wrong. According to my sister's research, the blade was taken by our ancestor, Hiyori Busujima, in late 2282, during the destruction of Beijio. Many rumors surround her vanishing, but my sister had believed that she either perished in Ryunoshi, where the original Busujima Manor remains in ruins, or that she had fled to the Amaine, wounded. My sister was unable to find the blade in Ryunoshi, and in her haste to return to the continent, was struck down in a fierce storm five years ago."

She paused as their meal arrived, grilled Beijionese Slaughterfish with white rice and pickled vegetables with complimentary bowls of miso soup and green tea:

Poor District - Page 2 Img_1936

Saeko nodded respectfully to their host. "My regards to the chef. Very presentable and delicious as always." she compliments with a smile before paying for the meal.

She turned to face Finn again and continued once the waitress left. "My sister, though a cunt... was not entirely stupid. She was willing to risk a storm, armed with these facts, to get back to the mainland and chart an expedition into the Amaine."

Finn listened intently, of the treasured sword and its power. I see... by getting back the sword which allows her to wield the 'thunder', she could bring her family name back to its former glory through the use of its power. He thought, nodding as she spoke. "Sorry to hear about your sis-" he paused, looking down at the meal in front of him. Grilled fish and rice, with a soup of sorts. He wasn't picky, but the platter was a mild distraction.

He glanced back up when she mentioned her sister by 'cunt' and grinned with curiosity. "You two didn't get along well I take it?" he asked, grabbing his tea and brought it to his lips.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:46 am

Finn Lachdanan wrote:
He glanced back up when she mentioned her sister by 'cunt' and grinned with curiosity. "You two didn't get along well I take it?" he asked, grabbing his tea and brought it to his lips.

Saeko looked down, her face looking pale while her right hand cupped her left elbow and began to rub it nervously. "That is an understatement of the century... I'd rather not speak of it." Hesitation and anxiety was heavy in her words and actions, as she blocked out the more disturbing images of her shared past with Yuko.

Her blue gaze darted back to him, her pink lips parting. "So will you assist me?"
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:51 am

He hit another sour subject, and his smile falters. "I see, no need to press the subject luv." he said in a serious tone. He leaned back again, arms folded across his chest, with one hand propped under his chin in an inquisitive manner. "That depends... how dependable is the information in that journal? And more importantly, what's in it fer me? The Amaine is a dangerous forest, has been for centuries. Its also a very big place to get lost in. If anyone wants to go missing forever, they need not to go anywhere else." he expressed his concern.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 am

Saeko frowned. A part of her knew this conversation would be inevitable. "Admittedly, there is not too much to go on save for old accounts. There is no cohesive map, save for one utilized during the 2282 era and its rudimentary roadways." she began, looking down at the journal. "But... I am good at finding things. Its hard to explain, but I get this feeling deep in my core that I simply know where things are. When I was... making my underworld cash, I was largely successful because of these inner feelings. They never failed me before, and its with 100% certainty, like a charged jolt of electricity that runs through my entire being, that the sword is in the Amaine. My sister felt so too, but she was too reckless and died for it. I know this is going to be a dangerous job, and that is why I need your assistance." she explained, practically begging now that her gleaming blue eyes were upon his.

"I will also admit, I do not have much by way of cash... I never collected on the recent contract I made with... questionable individuals..." she thought of the CKB and how she not only failed to fulfill their contract, but turned her back on the contract all together! She clasped her hands together and frowned. "If we succeed, I could promise you a place in power, by finding the blade the Busujima name would undoubtedly be restored. The coffers would be returned, and I could offer you a large sum of money." she hesitantly added.

She looked up at him. "I could offer you all the money I have on me at the moment, but there is not much else I can provide as a down payment."
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:22 am

Finn watched her fidget nervously as plugged in the important details. He frowned. "So, essentially you are going off nothing really but yer intuition and your sister's research that your long dead ancestor is perhaps still clutching the sword Gods know somewhere in the worlds most largest and dangerous forest? A forest that that has creatures that would make us their breakfast in a heart beat, or kill us simply for the hell of it?" he paused, lowering his green tea. "Annnnd you want, yours truly, to accompany you without question, or something worth the effort to go in search of this sword, that could be anywhere between Beijio City and the Amaine? To risk me life, for...how much you have on you?" he asked, pausing his rant briefly.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:26 am

Finn Lachdanan wrote:"...To risk me life, for...how much you have on you?" he asked, pausing his rant briefly.

Saeko turned out her wallet, and ran her finger across the edges of bills and counted the loose platinum Gilex along with it. "...about four thousand and five Gilex... give or take."
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:40 am

Saeko wrote:
Finn Lachdanan wrote:"...To risk me life, for...how much you have on you?" he asked, pausing his rant briefly.

Saeko turned out her wallet, and ran her finger across the edges of bills and counted the loose platinum Gilex along with it. "...about four thousand and five Gilex... give or take."

He nodded generously. "Ah, so risk me life for four thousand and five Gilex, 'give or take'; for an intangible prize? I'm sorry Miss Busujima, but these odds are not really in our favour." he continues. "This is a considerable operation, where we can both come out fucked if it doesn't pan out for us."
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:51 am

Saeko closed her eyes. "Trust me, its out there..." she sighs, her eyes cast upon him with a gleam. "I cannot abandon this quest. I believe you are fated to join me in this journey, given our mutual pasts. I could remove the stigma from both our names if we succeed. If not for freedom, what else could I offer you to change your mind?"
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:16 am

Saeko wrote:Saeko closed her eyes. "Trust me, its out there..." she sighs, her eyes cast upon him with a gleam. "I cannot abandon this quest. I believe you are fated to join me in this journey, given our mutual pasts. I could remove the stigma from both our names if we succeed. If not for freedom, what else could I offer you to change your mind?"  

He bowed his head, sighing. "Its not that easy to remove the stain. I think you would be foolish in risking your life looking for a needle in a haystack, or more appropriately a needle within an encroaching maw of teeth. That is what you're headed into."

He looked up at her. "I'm not sure I'm fated for much. Since leaving Scardia, me eyes have been on me back, ready for another 'warrior of justice' to avenge a fallen king." he says solemnly. He could see she was begging at this point, which made this conversation harder. He thought about it, of what price would be equivalent to the task at hand. What was worth risking it all before charging into the fray?

He sat there in silence for a moment, before his attention was turned to her sword on his hip. "I don't know if I can be free of the burden I was placed under. But, for a down payment... of four thousand and five Gilex, and perhaps your sword," he rattled the blade gently. "once we've either left the Amaine victorious or empty handed. Perhaps." he bargained.
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Saeko Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 am

Saeko was now the one somewhat amused. "You are hounded by warriors from you country? I find that odd."

She glanced down at her father's sword then back to him. "My sword? I would sooner remove my tongue or my eyes with chop sticks." she said plainly, her eyes leveled on his with animosity.
Saeko
Saeko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Lachdanan Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:53 am

"I don't want to get into it..." Finn frowned. "That would be rather uncomfortable. Look, the way I sees it, you're going to get a new sword. I don't know you, but me conscious would be heavy knowing you're searching those dreaded woods aimlessly. You shouldn't waste yer life on looking for fairy tales." he advised. If in theory they did leave, and ended up searching those woodlands for weeks without progress, taking possession of her blade would be the motivation for her to give up her fruitless search, or so he believed. "That is my offer, unless you have something better."
Finn Lachdanan
Finn Lachdanan
Master Corporal
Master Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next