Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge Empty The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

Post  Darkstorm Zero Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 am

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge 18fa5b9030f38da04008201a67723465-d5wdmnw

This city is only accessible via routes known only to the Desert Lamia Tribes, usually only achieved via burrowing through the sand. Outsiders from other species can only gain entry to this sanctuary via well hidden and guarded caves and tunnels. Incredibly well defended, any invading force attempting to gain entrance will find the guardians of this city more than capable, as they can collapse the tunnels on any intruder, spring ambushes from any angle at any point, at any time.

The city itself sits on a convergence of magical leylines that form arteries of the planets lifestream. This font of power is rigorously defended, and access to anybody bar the shaman and exceptional magical adepts of the tribes is forbidden on penalty of death. An underground spring of pure water is also found in abundance here, and much of the city floats upon it's glassy surface.

The palace seems to resemble ancient Elvish in architectural design and is used to house all the tribal and clan heads during their stays within the city, but also the home and residence of the current monarch of the desert Lamia tribes. Currently The Desert Golden Cobra, High Queen Orphia, sits the pearl throne of the Desert Lamia.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

Post  Leland McKelly Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:41 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge 18fa5b9030f38da04008201a67723465-d5wdmnw

This city is only accessible via routes known only to the Desert Lamia Tribes, usually only achieved via burrowing through the sand. Outsiders from other species can only gain entry to this sanctuary via well hidden and guarded caves and tunnels. Incredibly well defended, any invading force attempting to gain entrance will find the guardians of this city more than capable, as they can collapse the tunnels on any intruder, spring ambushes from any angle at any point, at any time.

The city itself sits on a convergence of magical leylines that form arteries of the planets lifestream. This font of power is rigorously defended, and access to anybody bar the shaman and exceptional magical adepts of the tribes is forbidden on penalty of death. An underground spring of pure water is also found in abundance here, and much of the city floats upon it's glassy surface.

The palace seems to resemble ancient Elvish in architectural design and is used to house all the tribal and clan heads during their stays within the city, but also the home and residence of the current monarch of the desert Lamia tribes. Currently The Desert Golden Cobra, High Queen Orphia, sits the pearl throne of the Desert Lamia.

From here:
https://galiavan2657.forumotion.com/t164p125-the-mouth-of-the-beijionese-desert#8759

Zetoes words made him ponder, as he dismounted the horse and followed him on foot through the caves, leading the horse inside. As soon as they were a ways in, pleasant warm air rushed past his face and they were in the Utopian like city he'd seen eighteen years ago. A great bridge stood before them, and he looked out to the Elvish looking palace and architecture. "Heh, its as beautiful as the last time I've seen this place." he says out loud, smiling faintly.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

Post  Anastasia Faizland Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:14 am

Anastasia dismounted too, as she was a few inches taller than Leland and the cave's ceiling was low as they entered. Admittedly, she was still suspicious of the creatures, but Leland was amiable with Zetose, so she trusted him for now. When they appeared before the great underground city, she couldn't help but be thrust back in time... "This is..." she paused, unable to continue her words as she looked around with wide eyes. She was quite interested in the architecture namely of the large palace in the distance, which looked distinctly Elven. She could tell, as it was similar in appearance to the palace deep in the Minktail woodlands, where she grew up as a younger girl.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:26 am

Leland McKelly wrote:From here:
https://galiavan2657.forumotion.com/t164p125-the-mouth-of-the-beijionese-desert#8759

Zetoes words made him ponder, as he dismounted the horse and followed him on foot through the caves, leading the horse inside. As soon as they were a ways in, pleasant warm air rushed past his face and they were in the Utopian like city he'd seen eighteen years ago. A great bridge stood before them, and he looked out to the Elvish looking palace and architecture. "Heh, its as beautiful as the last time I've seen this place." he says out loud, smiling faintly.

Zatose smiled again. "While we may not be as advanced technologically as you humans are, we prefer some of the ancient ways to remain intact. It has it's own sense of beauty."

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia dismounted too, as she was a few inches taller than Leland and the cave's ceiling was low as they entered. Admittedly, she was still suspicious of the creatures, but Leland was amiable with Zetose, so she trusted him for now. When they appeared before the great underground city, she couldn't help but be thrust back in time... "This is..." she paused, unable to continue her words as she looked around with wide eyes. She was quite interested in the architecture namely of the large palace in the distance, which looked distinctly Elven. She could tell, as it was similar in appearance to the palace deep in the Minktail woodlands, where she grew up as a younger girl.

Zetose looked at Anastasia and grinned "Yes, we managed to duplicate Elvish building methods and design. We focused this one on the Mithril Palace. It glows even in these caverns beneath the burning sands."

As the group approached to foot bridge, the other female slithered towards the barracks and guardhouse at the cave entry to report in, while Zetose let Leland and Anastasia to the bridge proper. However, at the guard house, they would see open pens where dozens of humans were kept. Shackled, chained and without any clothes at all, these men were dirty, bloodied, and looked tired and weary.

Some called out in the direction of the gunslinger and the Scardian officer, but from this distance they may as well have been shouting from the other side of the desert.

Zetose, and the other Lamia however, did hear it, and Zetose awaited the inevitable questions.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:51 am

Anastasia paused, her ears twitching slightly as she turned towards the rattled cages, her eyesight picking up on the imprisoned. "'Please help me, they're monsters', 'I don't know why I'm here, please help us', 'I don't want to end up like Mikhail'..." she said softly, loud enough to be heard by the Lamias and Leland. She then slowly turned to them. "I understand... you have cultural obligations, Zetose...but who are those men who are being treated like animals?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest, leaning a little to the left. "And for brevity's sake, I do understand... many Lamias find mortals like we do with cattle, but... even this seems a bit cruel for mere 'cattle'."
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:01 am

Zetose looked at Anastasia, then at the pens back at the blockhouse. "Ah, them... Part of the reason why I beleive you going to Amaine is not a good idea." spoke Zetose. "I was hoping to wait till you met with the elders, but I guess now is a good a time as any, even if it's only from me. But those human men? They are very very bad men. Worse than bandits... Worse than the CKB.... Almost as bad as the monsters that came out of the Gorge before the blast two days ago, or the ones coming out of Asrond now. But these men... They are merchants of death. Slavers, gun runners, thieves and worse. Every month, convoys of their group try to break passage through the desert to Beijio, or back towards Jemial, Danton and even Ithteca. We intercept them. But lately, these men have been more brazen, they try to attack our camps to make a route. And always, they bring soulless ones with them.... Dead people who obey orders with no emotion or question.... They feel no pain and do not stop until they are destroyed...."

Zetose looked back at the Elf woman. "We won... but many died. Elders passed judgement on them. They are to be used and consumed at the leisure of the families of those slain."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Zetose looked at Anastasia, then at the pens back at the blockhouse. "Ah, them... Part of the reason why I beleive you going to Amaine is not a good idea." spoke Zetose. "I was hoping to wait till you met with the elders, but I guess now is a good a time as any, even if it's only from me. But those human men? They are very very bad men. Worse than bandits... Worse than the CKB.... Almost as bad as the monsters that came out of the Gorge before the blast two days ago, or the ones coming out of Asrond now. But these men... They are merchants of death. Slavers, gun runners, thieves and worse. Every month, convoys of their group try to break passage through the desert to Beijio, or back towards Jemial, Danton and even Ithteca. We intercept them. But lately, these men have been more brazen, they try to attack our camps to make a route. And always, they bring soulless ones with them.... Dead people who obey orders with no emotion or question.... They feel no pain and do not stop until they are destroyed...."

Zetose looked back at the Elf woman. "We won... but many died. Elders passed judgement on them. They are to be used and consumed at the leisure of the families of those slain."

Leland found what Zetose had to say rather interesting. "They sound similar to the guys that almost got you Zetose, however... that bit about their 'zombies', the 'Soulless Ones', that sounds like something new." he asked, shuffling his feet a little. He looked back down at the cages. "This may sound garish, but none of you would have a body left over, one of these soulless ones?" He asked, as he removed the rifle from the side of his horse, transferring it to the holster on his back.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:16 am

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland found what Zetose had to say rather interesting. "They sound similar to the guys that almost got you Zetose, however... that bit about their 'zombies', the 'Soulless Ones', that sounds like something new." he asked, shuffling his feet a little. He looked back down at the cages. "This may sound garish, but none of you would have a body left over, one of these soulless ones?" He asked, as he removed the rifle from the side of his horse, transferring it to the holster on his back.

Zetose shook his head and frowned. "No... Worse. They had strange, powerful equipment and weapons. Even harder to defeat than DarkSEED equipment." Zetose spoke, he remembered his own fights with some of the convoys, and he rubbed a faded scar on his shoulder.

"Mamba, the Witchdoctor, and Shaman Krollod have the bodies of the soulless in their labs in the palace. Strange things. Frightening things..."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:37 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Leland McKelly wrote:Leland found what Zetose had to say rather interesting. "They sound similar to the guys that almost got you Zetose, however... that bit about their 'zombies', the 'Soulless Ones', that sounds like something new." he asked, shuffling his feet a little. He looked back down at the cages. "This may sound garish, but none of you would have a body left over, one of these soulless ones?" He asked, as he removed the rifle from the side of his horse, transferring it to the holster on his back.

Zetose shook his head and frowned. "No... Worse. They had strange, powerful equipment and weapons. Even harder to defeat than DarkSEED equipment." Zetose spoke, he remembered his own fights with some of the convoys, and he rubbed a faded scar on his shoulder.

"Mamba, the Witchdoctor, and Shaman Krollod have the bodies of the soulless in their labs in the palace. Strange things. Frightening things..."

"As a Gunslinger... its my job to protect the stretch of land which has no local law enforcement to make the rest of the territory safe. I'll have to take a look at the bodies myself, but... after I speak with the Queen. Its perhaps best not to see a cadaver before one is to meet with royalty. I'll ask for her permission regardless." he says with a shrug, before looking at the scar he had received. "You said... strange weapons?" he asked, then realized he was perhaps getting too involved, they just walked into the city after all. "Tell me about as we look for a place to, relax. I bet you my companion's butt is as sore as my own right now." he says with a playful smirk.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:29 am

To Zetoes earlier statement about those who were lost, Anastasia nodded solemnly and spoke softly. "I'm sorry to hear about your losses..." She remained quiet as Leland had between her conversation with Zetoes while he had a turn to speak with the male Lamia.

Leland McKelly wrote:
"As a Gunslinger... its my job to protect the stretch of land which has no local law enforcement to make the rest of the territory safe. I'll have to take a look at the bodies myself, but... after I speak with the Queen. Its perhaps best not to see a cadaver before one is to meet with royalty. I'll ask for her permission regardless." he says with a shrug, before looking at the scar he had received. "You said... strange weapons?" he asked, then realized he was perhaps getting too involved, they just walked into the city after all. "Tell me about as we look for a place to, relax. I bet you my companion's butt is as sore as my own right now." he says with a playful smirk.

She applauded Leland showing his professional interest in the situation, where she unfortunately could not, as she was a foreign solider, or rather a country sponsored Mercenary which only exists through a loop hole in the Tri-Continental Pact/Trust. She raised a brow, her lips into a slanted expression as he mentioned her derrière being sore. "He's right about us finding a place to relax and being sore," she says out loud, walking up to Leland, her face unchanging, not once looking in his direction and without the other Lamia looking she smacked his butt with her left hand. "...but not as sore as your ass, Gunslinger." she says softer, to Leland's ears, before handing him the stirrups and continuing on ahead; still wearing a cold face of indifference:

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge Anastasiadfaizland_zps4844a81a_jpg_original_by_anastasiadfaizland-dau94mi

She followed alongside the female companion of Zetose who had just joined them, and trying to figure out anything to say she looks at her, then looks ahead. "Nice scales. They're a pretty golden color and have a unique design." She didn't look back at Leland or Zetose at all during their walk.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:14 am

Zetose looked between Anastasia and Leland before shrugging. "You two legged surface dwellers are weird" he said. He then helped Leland stash the horses at the local inn stables.

On the way, Anastasia complemented Zetose's companion Corona on her scales. The female looked sideways a little with a strange puzzled look before looking at her tail. "Um... thanks? Don't usually get compliments from surface dwellers." she said, a slight blush caressed her tanned cheeks.

"Local inn will provide accomodation. Lelan'd blood price means you don't need to trade or barter."

Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:02 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Zetose looked between Anastasia and Leland before shrugging. "You two legged surface dwellers are weird" he said. He then helped Leland stash the horses at the local inn stables.

On the way, Anastasia complemented Zetose's companion Corona on her scales. The female looked sideways a little with a strange puzzled look before looking at her tail. "Um... thanks? Don't usually get compliments from surface dwellers." she said, a slight blush caressed her tanned cheeks.

"Local inn will provide accomodation. Lelan'd blood price means you don't need to trade or barter."

Leland, rubbing his backside slightly looked towards Anastasia with a funny look. "Yeah... you definitely hit the nail on the head there kid." he says, turning to Zetose with a smirk. "You know, I can still remember after saving you how you curled around my arm... then Lady Kaliphenia rose from the sand behind me, thinking I was one of your attackers and dragged me beneath the sands and, well, here where everything quickly got sorted out." He turns, looking back at the entrance. "I'm just glad we took the long way around this time around." he shrugs, rubbing his neck. It was very confining on the way down as he remembered.

He raised a brow at the fact that the Inn would be at no expense to them. "Oh is that so? That is very generous of your people Zetose." He says with a smile, patting the snake-man's back fondly.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Anastasia blinked at the snake woman's (Corona) comment, turning to her. "Truly? From the interaction between Leland and Zetose, I would imagine that such interaction isn't rare between mortals and your kind. I cannot speak for myself however, as I do not frequent this country unlike the Gunslinger there, the land in which I hail from is in the far North, across both of the vast oceans. Scardia, the country I have an allegiance to, is not far North; just off the coast of Beijio." she says explaining both Domescadia and Scardia respectively. As for the lodgings, she looked at the quaint adobe like structure built into the cave wall, noting its two floors and the glowing light shining through the windows. "We will not have to trade? That is quite amiable of your people indeed." she says with raised eyebrows. "Hm, this 'blood price' feels similar to one of the trials of my people. Elven cities, similar beliefs, perhaps there may be a common link between us after all." she says out loud, rubbing her chin with her left and and propping the elbow in the other.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland, rubbing his backside slightly looked towards Anastasia with a funny look. "Yeah... you definitely hit the nail on the head there kid." he says, turning to Zetose with a smirk. "You know, I can still remember after saving you how you curled around my arm... then Lady Kaliphenia rose from the sand behind me, thinking I was one of your attackers and dragged me beneath the sands and, well, here where everything quickly got sorted out." He turns, looking back at the entrance. "I'm just glad we took the long way around this time around." he shrugs, rubbing his neck. It was very confining on the way down as he remembered.

He raised a brow at the fact that the Inn would be at no expense to them. "Oh is that so? That is very generous of your people Zetose." He says with a smile, patting the snake-man's back fondly.

Zetose smiled back as he placed his trident on the guard rack. "After what you did to save a little snake in the sand, I'd say your generosity outshines mine."

"Yes... Auntie Kaliphenia was protective, headstrong, annnnnd hot tempered. I can't imagine you would have survived if I wasn't clinging to your arm like a scared milk snake." Zetose scratched the back of his head at the embarrassment of his young near toddler self clinging to Leland's sleeve out of morbid fear, for at the time he was the only thing on the surface not trying to kill him.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia blinked at the snake woman's (Corona) comment, turning to her. "Truly? From the interaction between Leland and Zetose, I would imagine that such interaction isn't rare between mortals and your kind. I cannot speak for myself however, as I do not frequent this country unlike the Gunslinger there, the land in which I hail from is in the far North, across both of the vast oceans. Scardia, the country I have an allegiance to, is not far North; just off the coast of Beijio." she says explaining both Domescadia and Scardia respectively. As for the lodgings, she looked at the quaint adobe like structure built into the cave wall, noting its two floors and the glowing light shining through the windows. "We will not have to trade? That is quite amiable of your people indeed." she says with raised eyebrows. "Hm, this 'blood price' feels similar to one of the trials of my people. Elven cities, similar beliefs, perhaps there may be a common link between us after all." she says out loud, rubbing her chin with her left and and propping the elbow in the other.

"We usually get by on what we take from raiders, or what we build and grow ourselves. Pretty self sufficient really." replied Corona as she placed her bow and quivver on the guard racks like Zetose had. "Besides, not many surface dwellers even know of our location, so it's not like we get much occasion to trade with them. Usually, two leggers like you are only here for one reason. I mean no offence, but our kind usually eats yours. But we are not savages, and we remember good deeds."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Leland chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as well. "Yeah... I wished Kali realized you were there before she bit me..." he says running his hand from his neck to his left shoulder. He chuckled nervously before removing his hand and turned to view the establishment as well. "Well," he turns to Anastasia. "You want to rest up, or meet with her grace?" he asked.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:50 pm

"No offense taken," she replies to Corona, after listening to her explanation. "I admit, your society from afar definitely would not suggest that you are. Definitely more sophisticated than most groups claiming they are 'sophisticated'." She says using air quotes, before turning to Leland.

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as well. "Yeah... I wished Kali realized you were there before she bit me..." he says running his hand from his neck to his left shoulder. He chuckled nervously before removing his hand and turned to view the establishment as well. "Well," he turns to Anastasia. "You want to rest up, or meet with her grace?" he asked.

"Yeah you can go on ahead. I'll unpack us if we are indeed going to spend the night. After that I may do a bit of recon of the city. Its so much like home, I can't help but be a bit curious to see what other similarities this city has."
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck as well. "Yeah... I wished Kali realized you were there before she bit me..." he says running his hand from his neck to his left shoulder. He chuckled nervously before removing his hand and turned to view the establishment as well. "Well," he turns to Anastasia. "You want to rest up, or meet with her grace?" he asked.

"Yeah... I said I was sorry" Zetose shrugged. before he looked back at the prisoner cages back across the bridge.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"No offense taken," she replies to Corona, after listening to her explanation. "I admit, your society from afar definitely would not suggest that you are. Definitely more sophisticated than most groups claiming they are 'sophisticated'." She says using air quotes, before turning to Leland.

"Yeah you can go on ahead. I'll unpack us if we are indeed going to spend the night. After that I may do a bit of recon of the city. Its so much like home, I can't help but be a bit curious to see what other similarities this city has."

Corona giggled a little "I think you for your kind words." The snake woman extended her hand in a friendly gesture. "My name is Corona by the way."

As the four were talking, a group of lamia had moved into the pens, and a younger member of them darted out and grabbed a younger member of the bandits, her teeth sinking into his throat and neck, dragging him onto the sandy dirt before the others.

"Hmm, well, I guess this answers how we deal justice out to murderers of our people." Zetose replied with a straight frown.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

"Yeah... I said I was sorry" Zetose shrugged. before he looked back at the prisoner cages back across the bridge.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"No offense taken," she replies to Corona, after listening to her explanation. "I admit, your society from afar definitely would not suggest that you are. Definitely more sophisticated than most groups claiming they are 'sophisticated'." She says using air quotes, before turning to Leland.

Corona giggled a little "I think you for your kind words." The snake woman extended her hand in a friendly gesture. "My name is Corona by the way."

As the four were talking, a group of lamia had moved into the pens, and a younger member of them darted out and grabbed a younger member of the bandits, her teeth sinking into his throat and neck, dragging him onto the sandy dirt before the others.

"Hmm, well, I guess this answers how we deal justice out to murderers of our people." Zetose replied with a straight frown.

Leland frowned as well, but patted Zetose assuredly. "You did your best, and, we understand. Don't feel bad about it..." he said, looking down, his hair covering his eyes as he looked lost in thought. He didn't look at Anastasia either as he turned his back to them all. "It's what you must do..." he finished, before looking slightly over his shoulder at his serpentine friend. "Zetose... May you escort me to Her Majesty?" he then looked forward again and without turning to Anastasia as well, spoke to her. "Alright then Anastasia, make sure not to cause much trouble then."
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Anastasia took her hand and shook it in turn. "Nice to meet you Corona, I'm Anastasia." she says with a slight smile, before turning to Leland acting weirder all of a sudden. She raised a brow, her face back to a neutral expression. "You say this like I'm a child, prone to getting herself in trouble. You do realize who and what I am, no?" she frowned, shaking her head.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland frowned as well, but patted Zetose assuredly. "You did your best, and, we understand. Don't feel bad about it..." he said, looking down, his hair covering his eyes as he looked lost in thought. He didn't look at Anastasia either as he turned his back to them all. "It's what you must do..." he finished, before looking slightly over his shoulder at his serpentine friend. "Zetose... May you escort me to Her Majesty?" he then looked forward again and without turning to Anastasia as well, spoke to her. "Alright then Anastasia, make sure not to cause much trouble then."

Zetose looked between Leland and Anastasia before speaking up. "Actually.... It is probably best if you both come to see the Queen. Corona here can speak for you Anastasia, but unless ratified by her grace, you may find yourself in trouble with the more... Zealotic and... hungry among my kin."

It would be difficult to fend off people who think food is food instead of people.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia took her hand and shook it in turn. "Nice to meet you Corona, I'm Anastasia." she says with a slight smile, before turning to Leland acting weirder all of a sudden. She raised a brow, her face back to a neutral expression. "You say this like I'm a child, prone to getting herself in trouble. You do realize who and what I am, no?" she frowned, shaking her head.

Corona looked at Zetose's explanation, before looking between the two visitors. "I think he likes you, and doesn't want you harmed." Corona commented, before her gaze diverted back to the pen, and she licked her lips slightly. Her and her sister were denied a large meal today. But she did have a well stocked kitchen back home, so it was no big loss to her. Just a hungry one.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Leland McKelly wrote:Leland frowned as well, but patted Zetose assuredly. "You did your best, and, we understand. Don't feel bad about it..." he said, looking down, his hair covering his eyes as he looked lost in thought. He didn't look at Anastasia either as he turned his back to them all. "It's what you must do..." he finished, before looking slightly over his shoulder at his serpentine friend. "Zetose... May you escort me to Her Majesty?" he then looked forward again and without turning to Anastasia as well, spoke to her. "Alright then Anastasia, make sure not to cause much trouble then."

Zetose looked between Leland and Anastasia before speaking up. "Actually.... It is probably best if you both come to see the Queen. Corona here can speak for you Anastasia, but unless ratified by her grace, you may find yourself in trouble with the more... Zealotic and... hungry among my kin."

It would be difficult to fend off people who think food is food instead of people.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia took her hand and shook it in turn. "Nice to meet you Corona, I'm Anastasia." she says with a slight smile, before turning to Leland acting weirder all of a sudden. She raised a brow, her face back to a neutral expression. "You say this like I'm a child, prone to getting herself in trouble. You do realize who and what I am, no?" she frowned, shaking her head.

Corona looked at Zetose's explanation, before looking between the two visitors. "I think he likes you, and doesn't want you harmed." Corona commented, before her gaze diverted back to the pen, and she licked her lips slightly. Her and her sister were denied a large meal today. But she did have a well stocked kitchen back home, so it was no bog loss to her. Just a hungry one.

"You have Zealots among you? What do you mean by that?" he says, not turning to either of the women behind him. "Anastasia, you heard him. If you wish to remain behind, do so at your own risk. In either case I believe you should meet the Queen regardless before we bed."

He paused, then turned to Zetose, cupping his hand around his mouth, looking nervous. "Our rooms... are separate, yes?" He whispered, glancing back to Anastasia, before looking back to the Lamia.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 am

Anastasia turned to Corona with a raised brow. "Is that so? Huh..." she blinked. She didn't want to toot her own horn, but of course there were many others who like her. Her men idolized the way she lead them and look up to her as their comrade and officer. And...there had been two others who did not like, but loved her. She frowned slightly at the thought, closing her lidded eyes. Then her left ear twitched, and she turned her lidded gaze upon the backs of both male mortal and Lamia respectively. She blushed slightly, frowning as she silently made her way between both men, cupping her hands around her mouth before whispering back: "They better be..." She says adding a grumpy grunt, backing up and placed her hands upon her waist. She shook her head, rolling her eyes before turning to Corona. "Corona, would you like to lead the way for me? I sense you are hungry, and want to go home, but let us...leave the pigs to their machinations, no?" she asked, raising her head and began to walk with no idea where she was heading into the street.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:23 am

Leland McKelly wrote:"You have Zealots among you? What do you mean by that?" he says, not turning to either of the women behind him. "Anastasia, you heard him. If you wish to remain behind, do so at your own risk. In either case I believe you should meet the Queen regardless before we bed."

He paused, then turned to Zetose, cupping his hand around his mouth, looking nervous. "Our rooms... are separate, yes?" He whispered, glancing back to Anastasia, before looking back to the Lamia.

"Meaning not every Lamia will be able to hold off from thinking that your elven friend is not a free quick meal. Everyone knows what you did Leland, you paid the blood price. But Anastasia here is unknown to the general people. Away from you or anyone who could speak for her, she may fall victim to the... more disreputable or desperate. Yes, even our society has it's dregs. I wish we could say our society is perfect, but just as not all humans are kind like you, not all Lamia are honorable either." Zetose explained, before Leland and Anastasia's exchange.

"Separate rooms it is then.... Huh...." Zetose said in straight puzzlement, before slithering in the direction of the palace via the main thoroughfare. "This way, friend Leland."

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 am

He nodded at Zetose's explanation. It made sense, as with any society there is the ones who are valued and loved, and the outcasts and undesirables. Perhaps living in a village hidden away, where you knew almost everyone by name for a long time made Leland forget his time in Ithteca. Leland froze, closing his eyes slowly as he looked away from Anastasia, before he was forced to turn and watch her head off. "Again, we two legged ones are strange, Zetose..." he gulped. "Sometimes scary." he added, before coughing against his fist. "Lets...ah, continue this elsewhere then." he finished, following his friend.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 am

[from here]

Edgar Holden wrote:
Leland McKelly wrote:"I'm a man who has been itching for a battle against demons who killed my family, friends... village. I was and still am prepared to commit a genocide against their very existence... but they let me in. I'm sure they could put up with you for a while longer, because their Queen needs your assistance." he paused, looking to the Lamia before looking to Ed again. "She has gotten weak, after a particular demon had possessed her. My 'sight' can sense that you are capable of healing, and I request that you may heal her since such a powerful possession could prove fatal to her body and soul. That... woman... that thing that had taken a hold of her..." He glanced down at where the hole had been sealed up, clenching his fists tightly.

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"It didn't help that insulted that being as well..." Anastasia said, flustered, arms folded and bowing forward slightly. "I was... mildly inebriated. I haven't drank that much bloodwine since I was training at the White Tower... I think I lost my edge for drinking, and my tolerance to alcohol over the years..." She whined, her blond bangs hiding her eyes as she stood there embarrassed by the things she had said while heavily imbibed.

Ed looked over the two as they explained the situation, and the more he heard, the darker his expression became, until his mouth became a thin stern line hidden within his beard and moustache. "Damn it.... She's already gone this far..." he uttered, as his scar lit up slightly.

"Very well, but we must depart and meet up with the others... I should be able to get us all to the entrance of the forest of Amaine by nightfall." Ed explained as he waited for Leland and Ana to lead the way. He would help those who needed it, and thward his mother's plans wherever he could.

Leland had held his tongue, and silently lead Edgar into the entrance of the Lamia city, home to once the Desert Elf races before they seemingly near vanished from the face of the earth... When they got to the bridge, he turned to the bigger man. "Our goals are similar, but I am not sure if it is wise to bring others into this. Your friends may die if they continue with us. As it is, I am making a detour into Tenik Incorporated's R&D Wing." He says, showing off President Rufus Tenik's Clearance ID he had gotten from the man directly. "There is a weapon down there that could help destroy these demons, and the tower with minimal collateral damage." He explained, before stashing away the ID again. "Don't worry, I don't plan on letting any of those demons leave that spire alive, and consider that tower toast." He says with a cold tone.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next