Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge - Page 3 Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:14 am

After Ana walked past him in her flustered state, her cheeks red as tomatos, he smiled again as he stood up. She was fighting her hearts desire out of practicality. Something she had schooled herself in to drown out the sorrow. In time, she may let her feelings see the light of day again, but not today.

And Ed didn't force the issue, it was not his place. When the trio crossed the bridge, and approached the palace, Ed could sense the diminishing distress from those inside, and his smile faded. The trail from his mother was white hot in there... Along with something else...
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge - Page 3 Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:27 am

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Entryway and Great Bridge - Page 3 Dd2hjlf-836bff8b-e22b-4b51-8c02-8e09248a07f6.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzcxOWQzOWU5LTM4YTAtNDFhMC04ODM4LTQwNmJlN2M3OGYzMlwvZGQyaGpsZi04MzZiZmY4Yi1lMjJiLTRiNTEtOGMwMi04ZTA5MjQ4YTA3ZjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

Major Anastasia D'Faizland was still blushing more than a bride on her wedding day as she lead the way to the palace... when she could hear the unsettling cries of the palace staff again. She looked up, her flustered face cooling, her icy exterior returning as she realized it was time to move on and help the Queen. "Ed, we must hurry..." she says under her breath, and began to jog to the palace entrance.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:23 am

[from here]

Anastasia Faizland wrote:
Leland McKelly wrote:Leland raised a brow as Anastasia noticed the lack of the tattered jacket, but she failed to notice he was lacking his hat as well, his long, parted red hair was framing his face and the low ponytail behind him was long and unkempt, horse tail like. "Just noticed huh? Well, I was shaving and Ed appeared in the mirror, asking if he could have my jacket since I had gone out and bought a new one." He says, glancing over to his left, the new coat he had purchased was inside the bag. He didn't have the chance to slip it on yet, but... maybe later. He shrugged. "That old thing was a magically enhanced jacket, but its dirty and tattered, and has seen its use. Plus I don't need it anymore. I gave him my old hat too." He added, walking over to his horse and mounted it. "But you're right. The Lamia here are nice. Better than most." He says with a soft smile, looking over at her. "Well... best be off." He says, rearing the horse towards the bridge.

She looked at him with a look of confusion. "He just... appeared in the mirror?" She asks, noting his lack of a hat now as well. She could really see the haggard look of his clothing now as well, his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, the silk in tatters and blood crusted onto the gray vest he wore. She blinked at that, before mounting up. "Right..." She steers her horse close to the Gunslinger and begins to question the blood. "That looked like a nasty wound. Must have been one hell of a creature to leave a tear like that." She began, looking at him from the corner of her vision.

Leland shrugged. "I've seen stranger things in my short life." He then looked down at the encrusted blood on his vest, the large tear which looked like it came from something massive in size, as Anastasia stared at the sight. He glanced over to her, then looked away with a serious look on his face. "Oh... this thing." He began, keeping the horse on track, his mind went back about a month or so ago on Ryunoshi Island. "...I got that from hunting a monster demon bird. Two of them... monstrous creatures Behemoth Vultures are. The Beijionese call them the 'Zuu' others in Domescadia 'Roks'.... but they're big, mean and fearsome. Rare too, rarer than they used to be. They're carnivorous creatures, and have a soft spot for human flesh among other humanoids." He explains. "They are clever, and almost sadistic creatures. They stalk their prey for miles if they look promising enough to them, they've been known to pollute sources of water ahead of their quarry if needs be. Other than disease and over hunting, the beasts generally don't care too long for their young, and don't produce many of the beasts, roughly three to four eggs. Mothers stay with the fledglings until they can fly, if they can't, their siblings who can fly will cannibalize those who cannot; if all fail their own mother abandons them." He sighed, picking up the pace slightly.

"They are quite a predator to face... two adults, and one of them being a mother? Especially so. This gash was the least of my worries back then."

He looks back to Anastasia. "So, anything else you like to ask?"
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:34 am

Anastasia listened to his recollection of fighting the Zuu, and had remained quiet as he spoke of them. She met the birds in combat before in the past, only perhaps three times. They were sadistic and clever creatures, and the fact he had faced a mother who was watching over her fledglings wasn't something one could boast about easily. "Surprised you are alive indeed Leland. A mother won't abandon her babies to give chase thankfully, not while they're still young and developing feathers, or if they're still eggs. You are quite a lucky bastard." She says with a slight smirk and glance in his direction. She then looked ahead of her and picked up pace herself. "No, you deserve some secrecy too I suppose. Lets just tarry on." The Major says, before her horse took the lead.

[to here]
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3