Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn Empty The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:27 am

From here: https://galiavan2657.forumotion.com/t763-the-deep-city-of-the-desert-lamia-people#8785

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia turned to Corona with a raised brow. "Is that so? Huh..." she blinked. She didn't want to toot her own horn, but of course there were many others who like her. Her men idolized the way she lead them and look up to her as their comrade and officer. And...there had been two others who did not like, but loved her. She frowned slightly at the thought, closing her lidded eyes. Then her left ear twitched, and she turned her lidded gaze upon the backs of both male mortal and Lamia respectively. She blushed slightly, frowning as she silently made her way between both men, cupping her hands around her mouth before whispering back: "They better be..." She says adding a grumpy grunt, backing up and placed her hands upon her waist. She shook her head, rolling her eyes before turning to Corona. "Corona, would you like to lead the way for me? I sense you are hungry, and want to go home, but let us...leave the pigs to their machinations, no?" she asked, raising her head and began to walk with no idea where she was heading into the street.

Corona led Anastasia back to the nearby inn and tavern, where she opened the heavy ironwood doors. "Your horses and things are here, this is your accomodation. The food is from the surface people as well, so it should be fine. Rooms are upstairs." Corona said as she slithered inside smelling the food and drinks.

"Also, I must echo Zetose's warning and say be careful. Guards know of Zetose's report, but many civilians will not know until much later about you. be careful until you've been seen by the council at the very least. I do not wish to lose a friend to some desperate beggar." Corona said, and looked a little downcast, she made her people sound so unpleasant to a stranger.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:From here: https://galiavan2657.forumotion.com/t763-the-deep-city-of-the-desert-lamia-people#8785

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia turned to Corona with a raised brow. "Is that so? Huh..." she blinked. She didn't want to toot her own horn, but of course there were many others who like her. Her men idolized the way she lead them and look up to her as their comrade and officer. And...there had been two others who did not like, but loved her. She frowned slightly at the thought, closing her lidded eyes. Then her left ear twitched, and she turned her lidded gaze upon the backs of both male mortal and Lamia respectively. She blushed slightly, frowning as she silently made her way between both men, cupping her hands around her mouth before whispering back: "They better be..." She says adding a grumpy grunt, backing up and placed her hands upon her waist. She shook her head, rolling her eyes before turning to Corona. "Corona, would you like to lead the way for me? I sense you are hungry, and want to go home, but let us...leave the pigs to their machinations, no?" she asked, raising her head and began to walk with no idea where she was heading into the street.

Corona led Anastasia back to the nearby inn and tavern, where she opened the heavy ironwood doors. "Your horses and things are here, this is your accommodation. The food is from the surface people as well, so it should be fine. Rooms are upstairs." Corona said as she slithered inside smelling the food and drinks.

"Also, I must echo Zetose's warning and say be careful. Guards know of Zetose's report, but many civilians will not know until much later about you. be careful until you've been seen by the council at the very least. I do not wish to lose a friend to some desperate beggar." Corona said, and looked a little downcast, she made her people sound so unpleasant to a stranger.

She looked around, smiling. "Thanks a lot Corona, you were great help to me." She then noticed Corona's downcast nature and Anastasia looked stern again. "I understand Corona, and will abide by both of your wishes. However, do not feel ashamed or like you have to go out of your way to protect me because you feel I will cast judgement for your people. If I get eaten around here, it'd be the same for me to have walked down a seedy street in a human settlement and not expect to get robbed. I'm not expecting your people to pull up the woodworks and devour me piecemeal like the undead. If something were to happen, it would be my fault. So, don't worry about anything, I'm not judging you or your people." she says with a smile. "You can head home Corona, I can tell you're hungry. I'll remain inside the Inn and wait for Zetose to return so I may meet the Queen and Council as well. I've asked of you too much already friend, but if you still feel worried come back once you are settled so we can chat some more." she says patting her shoulder warmly.

Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 am

Corona sighed and liked a little anxious and unconvinced, but she slowly nodded with a frown. "I'll be back after I've had some desert campa rats...." And with that she licked her lips and turned to slither out, a loud growling could be heard from her slithering tail as she left.

The bartender laughed lightly at the scene "Ah, it is good to see Corona try to make friends again, even if it is a surface dweller." came the deep, gruff, yet somehow still pleasant voice of the large Lamia cleaning glasses.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Corona sighed and liked a little anxious and unconvinced, but she slowly nodded with a frown. "I'll be back adter I've had some desert campa rats...." And with that she licked her lips and turned to slither out, a loud growling could be heard from her slithering tail as she left.

The bartender laughed lightly at the scene "Ah, it is good to see Corona try to make friends again, even if it is a surface dweller." came the deep, gruff, yet somehow still pleasant voice of the large Lamia cleaning glasses.

Anastasia maintained her smile, still waving to Corona as she glanced to the large Bar-Lamia. "She's just shy is all. 99.9% of the time I'm solid ice, I may otherwise be a wall, but with that point one percent I like to feel that warmth again I once..." she then turns to him fully. "What do Lamia's like to drink? I'll have that as you tell me more about her, please. But back to Corona...You imply she stopped trying to make friends. What is the story behind that?" she asked, leaping high up onto the high counter, sitting at its edge with her legs and arms crossed.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:11 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia maintained her smile, still waving to Corona as she glanced to the large Bar-Lamia. "She's just shy is all. 99.9% of the time I'm solid ice, I may otherwise be a wall, but with that point one percent I like to feel that warmth again I once..." she then turns to him fully. "What do Lamia's like to drink? I'll have that as you tell me more about her, please. But back to Corona...You imply she stopped trying to make friends. What is the story behind that?" she asked, leaping high up onto the high counter, sitting at its edge with her legs and arms crossed.

The Barmen stopped polishing bottles and took on a contemplative look, one of sadness mixed in with a smile. "Poor girl has been... jaded since she lost her friend. Young human, was one of the nomad tribes who wanders the desert, making trade routes safe. Those people are some of the few two leggers we've ever trusted. Then those new bandits showed up.... Nomad tribes dwindle fast, and suddenly Corona's little friend shows up, but she ain't no friend no more... her skin was pale, clammy and her eyes were dead as a corpse. But she led these new bastards right to us..." We had to fight powerful new guns with spears, arrows, traps and the power of our mystics. We won, but the price was high. Corona had to rip her friend apart to stop her.... and that combined with the loss of two nestmates, makes her one of the hardest hit in recent months."

The barman gently took down a bottle of Minktail Bloodwine. "You're High Elven... I think you'll appreciate this." he said as he uncorked the bottle, and poured a small glass of the potent alchohol.

"We lamia can drink a lot of different beverages, but our usual doesn't usually agree with the constitution of other species, so we keep ourselves stocked in case of well meaning visitors and merchants. My name is Razzathon by the way. Just call me Raz tho" he said with a smile.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia maintained her smile, still waving to Corona as she glanced to the large Bar-Lamia. "She's just shy is all. 99.9% of the time I'm solid ice, I may otherwise be a wall, but with that point one percent I like to feel that warmth again I once..." she then turns to him fully. "What do Lamia's like to drink? I'll have that as you tell me more about her, please. But back to Corona...You imply she stopped trying to make friends. What is the story behind that?" she asked, leaping high up onto the high counter, sitting at its edge with her legs and arms crossed.

The Barmen stopped polishing bottles and took on a contemplative look, one of sadness mixed in with a smile. "Poor girl has been... jaded since she lost her friend. Young human, was one of the nomad tribes who wanders the desert, making trade routes safe. Those people are some of the few two leggers we've ever trusted. Then those new bandits showed up.... Nomad tribes dwindle fast, and suddenly Corona's little friend shows up, but she ain't no friend no more... her skin was pale, clammy and her eyes were dead as a corpse. But she led these new bastards right to us..." We had to fight powerful new guns with spears, arrows, traps and the power of our mystics. We won, but the price was high. Corona had to rip her friend apart to stop her.... and that combined with the loss of two nestmates, makes her one of the hardest hit in recent months."

The barman gently took down a bottle of Minktail Bloodwine. "Your High Elven... I think you'll appreciate this." he said as he uncorked the bottle, and poured a small glass of the potent alchohol.

"We lamia can drink a lot of different beverages, but our usual doesn't usually agree with the constitution of other species, so we keep ourselves stocked in case of well meaning visitors and merchants. My name is Razzathon by the way. Just call me Raz tho" he said with a smile.

Her eyes glinted with fire, but her face remained cold as ice as she silently listened to Corona's Story. "I come from experience when I say that the ones we love are the hardest enemies we can fight, even if for the right reasons." she says this, thinking back to her relationship with her parents after she and Henrik had eloped. However, she most directly related to Corona with what happened after she had married Henrik.

She blinked at the glass of Blood Red, and glanced up at the man-serpent. "Heh, Bloodwine is a rarity in these parts. I'll take it, thanks." She says grabbing the glass and swirled its contents before taking a sip. "Hm, good year too. Yes, I am the High Elf decent, but... I'm not sure if I'm considered such these days Razz." She started, before raising her glass. "The name's Anastasia, by the way." She then took another sip, before setting it down, with a sigh. "She had no choice but to put her friend down, much like I had to put down my first husband. I'm not sure who, but... some necromancer brought my Faeron back from the dead to haunt me and my second husband." she looked at the glass and sighed at her reflection, thinking of how her Faeron had attacked them while they lay sleeping, eyes dead with blood tears running down his cheeks, wearing the Mythril armor she had re-fitted for herself later on. "You cursed me, Ana...you did this...to me." She could remember him saying, and frowned a little. "...at that point we just know there is nothing we can do to help them, other than putting them down."
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Her eyes glinted with fire, but her face remained cold as ice as she silently listened to Corona's Story. "I come from experience when I say that the ones we love are the hardest enemies we can fight, even if for the right reasons." she says this, thinking back to her relationship with her parents after she and Henrik had eloped. However, she most directly related to Corona with what happened after she had married Henrik.

She blinked at the glass of Blood Red, and glanced up at the man-serpent. "Heh, Bloodwine is a rarity in these parts. I'll take it, thanks." She says grabbing the glass and swirled its contents before taking a sip. "Hm, good year too. Yes, I am the High Elf decent, but... I'm not sure if I'm considered such these days Razz." She started, before raising her glass. "The name's Anastasia, by the way." She then took another sip, before setting it down, with a sigh. "She had no choice but to put her friend down, much like I had to put down my first husband. I'm not sure who, but... some necromancer brought my Faeron back from the dead to haunt me and my second husband." she looked at the glass and sighed at her reflection, thinking of how her Faeron had attacked them while they lay sleeping, eyes dead with blood tears running down his cheeks, wearing the Mythril armor she had re-fitted for herself later on. "You cursed me, Ana...you did this...to me." She could remember him saying, and frowned a little. "...at that point we just know there is nothing we can do to help them, other than putting them down."

Raz stopped polishing bottles and looked at the sad Elven woman, and frowned. The similarities were there, but there was also differences. "What you experienced does sound like some form of necromancy. But this... this was even stranger." he looked either side of the tavern, noticing their were alone. "Look, you are a surface dweller, and a stranger to our lands, so you didn't hear it from me. But the girl? The doctors and mystics in the palace said she had something implanted inside her skull, right in her brain stem. The thing self destructed and destroyed most of the evidence along with the back half of the poor kid's head, but this time they found traces of what was there. They thought it was crystal fragments from some kinda cursed enchantment crystal, but it turns out they were nanoscopic circuits. complete with nanofilament wires you wouldn't find unless you were looking at it under a microscope at 200,000 times magnification." Razz looked worried. such sophisticated tech he had never heard of, even in the ADN.

"Radically advanced, and magically co-operating technology. It used the girl like a puppet, and was controlling her remotely.... And she was only one of the latest. The living goons call them CVs, or Converts.... But they said they only know how to implant the things, not who controls them or how. I've never seen or heard of tech like that. Even DarkSEED and CKB bastards would cringe at this..."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

Raz stopped polishing bottles and looked at the sad Elven woman, and frowned. The similarities were there, but there was also differences. "What you experienced does sound like some form of necromancy. But this... this was even stranger." he looked either side of the tavern, noticing their were alone. "Look, you are a surface dweller, and a stranger to our lands, so you didn't hear it from me. But the girl? The doctors and mystics in the palace said she had something implanted inside her skull, right in her brain stem. The thing self destructed and destroyed most of the evidence along with the back half of the poor kid's head, but this time they found traces of what was there. They thought it was crystal fragments from some kinda cursed enchantment crystal, but it turns out they were nanoscopic circuits. complete with nanofilament wires you wouldn't find unless you were looking at it under a microscope at 200,000 times magnification." Razz looked worried. such sophisticated tech he had never heard of, even in the ADN.

"Radically advanced, and magically co-operating technology. It used the girl like a puppet, and was controlling her remotely.... And she was only one of the latest. The living goons call them CVs, or Converts.... But they said they only know how to implant the things, not who controls them or how. I've never seen or heard of tech like that. Even DarkSEED and CKB bastards would cringe at this..."

"Faeron was entombed deep in the Great Elven City of my people, a place where the Drow who are readily skilled at this type of necromancy are not allowed to enter without permits. That meant either my family or his family went out of their way to send him out of spite, but to have done that... that would be a taboo in of itself. And plus it had been years..." she had continued before he delved further, and frowned at what he had to offer her.

"Circuitry and crystal filament? Sounds like a cross between the Undead and a cyborg... yeah I've never come across anything like that." She rubbed her chin, then looked at Raz with a raised brow. "You seem to know a lot for a common barman." She says raising her glass to her lips again.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 am

Raz scratched the back of his head "Because I run this watering hole, the Council told me as much as they dared, and requested that we merchants not allow the rumor mill to get too far into the realm of untruth. After all, false information is worse than none at all. Zombies and men with strange weapons attacking our cities? We'd have mass panic on our hands if our people were not told what was going on, and Wargod's forbid if any of our own had one of these things in their heads...." Raz shuddered at the thought, before drinking a glass of water to calm himself before resuming his glass polishing.

A few more minutes later, Corona reappeared in the doorway. Her belly now slightly distended from her snack, and a more calm expression on her face. "You been good, Raz?" she asked the bartender.

"Yeah, everything is calm for now Corona." replied Raz.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Raz scratched the back of his head "Because I run this watering hole, the Council told me as much as they dared, and requested thatwe merchants not allow the rumor mill to get too far into the realm of untruth. After all, false information is worse than none at all. Zombies and men with strange weapons attacking our cities? We'd have mass panic on our hands if our people were not told what was going on, and Wargod's forbid if any of our own had one of these things in their heads...." Raz shuddered at the thought, before drinking a glass of water to calm himself before resuming his glass polishing.

A few more minutes later, Corona reappeared in the doorway. Her belly now slightly distended from her snack, and a more calm expression on her face. "You been good, Raz?" she asked the bartender.

"Yeah, everything is calm for now Corona." replied Raz.

"Information is key for winning the battle. But you're definitely more connected than I originally thought, Razz." she says raising her glass to him before she went back to sipping it. By the time Corona returned, Anastasia's glass was empty, and the Elf turned to see her friend and her wiggling distended belly. She chuckled, looking up at her and raising her empty glass to her. "Welcome back Corona, I see you're looking more comfortable now that you've properly eaten." she says before setting her glass back down.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:59 am

Corona sniffed the air, before flicking her tongue a few times, then smiled. "He's already got you on the bloodwine. At least he didn't breakout the Scardian fire brandy."

The female Lamia coiled a few times around the barstool next to Anastasia before planting her behind on it. "Yeah, some things feel better when your not thinking about filling up. I imagine it's the same for you surface dwellers after a full day scouting?" Corona then picked up a glass and said "Jute, right to the top, and stirred up on the rocks. Thanks Razz."

Raz nodded once and went to get the flinn. "Not too many today Corona, Ok? You still need to take your guest to see her grace and the council."

"Yes daaaaaad. I am a grown woman you know..." Corona said sarcastically.

Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:12 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Corona sniffed the air, before flicking her tongue a few times, then smiled. "He's already got you on the bloodwine. At least he didn't breakout the Scardian fire brandy."

The female Lamia coiled a few times around the barstool next to Anastasia before planting her behind on it. "Yeah, some things feel better when your not thinking about filling up. I imagine it's the same for you surface dwellers after a full day scouting?" Corona then picked up a glass and said "Jute, right to the top, and stirred up on the rocks. Thanks Razz."

Raz nodded once and went to get the flinn. "Not too many today Corona, Ok? You still need to take your guest to see her grace and the council."

"Yes daaaaaad. I am a grown woman you know..." Corona said sarcastically.

Anastasia giggled, closing her eyes. "Well, I'm not the kind who gets drunk. Or, rather, I don't ever appear such. It takes... many a keg of Bloodwine before we High Elves fall over ourselves. Its for these reasons they moved the prison away from the vineyard the last time I was in my homeland." She sighs, before raising a brow, sliding her glass to Razz. "I'll have what she's having. I think I'll be fine." She then turned to Corona and grinned. "Yes, especially after a full day of scouting. However, Scardian Rations are not quite the fanciful feast one is eager to return to, at least for my men. I myself don't mind them." she says before noting the interaction between father and daughter. "Oh, so you're related. Small world." She grinned, closing her eyes again, feeling...that warmth inside her again, if but for a moment.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:17 am

Raz stopped pouring the ingredients into the flin, and looked at Ana before smiling. "Heh, indeed. She takes after her mother more than I, but she will always be my little Corona."

A light punch on the shoulder sent the giggling Elder back around the counter to finish preparing the drink. "He may be my old man, but he worries so much... I guess I can't really blame him, not with all that's happened so far." Corona added, before turning to look at Anastasia. "tell me, do you know of the Asrond Spire?" she asked.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:24 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Raz stopped pouring the ingredients into the flin, and looked at Ana before smiling. "Heh, indeed. She takes after her mother more than I, but she will always be my little Corona."

A light punch on the shoulder sent the giggling Elder back around the counter to finish preparing the drink. "He may be my old man, but he worries so much... I guess I can't really blame him, not with all that's happened so far." Corona added, before turning to look at Anastasia. "tell me, do you know of the Asrond Spire?" she asked.

She kept her smile a moment or two longer, before glancing her eyes at Corona's and raised a brow. "Asrond Spire? Do you mean the Tenik Tower, or..." she paused before looking more serious. "One of the three towers mentioned in my Grandmother's tale? I've heard reports that a vile spire appeared from the depths of Amaine. I have not laid eyes on it, but I can surely see its red beam in the sky every so often since it's appeared." she replied.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:33 am

Corona looked down at the bar, and frowned sadly. "The convoy bandits say that the Spire has grown... it overtakes the Tenik Tower, the Generator, and the ruins themselves. The surrounding forest is dying, sick, polluted and decaying faster every day, and monsters, far worse than any Demon Realm horror we know come poring out of archways of fire and deadly sorcery. But the last bach of convoy bandits say that the tower in the Gorge was destroyed by a beam of divine light that streaked into the stars."

Raz, overhearing Corona's tale, placed the completed drinks before the two women. "Don't get your hopes up too far Corona... Whatever happened at the Gorge simply can't happen at Asrond. if it does... Galiavan is finished. Remeber the Generator for the Cannon is still active in those ruins."

Corona looked at her father and curled her lip. "I just said that. I said that these.... monsters or people or whatever they are are funneling energy two and from that thing. But how can we coil here and do nothing?"
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:50 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Corona looked down at the bar, and frowned sadly. "The convoy bandits say that the Spire has grown... it overtakes the Tenik Tower, the Generator, and the ruins themselves. The surrounding forest is dying, sick, polluted and decaying faster every day, and monsters, far worse than any Demon Realm horror we know come poring out of archways of fire and deadly sorcery. But the last bach of convoy bandits say that the tower in the Gorge was destroyed by a beam of divine light that streaked into the stars."

Raz, overhearing Corona's tale, placed the completed drinks before the two women. "Don't get your hopes up too far Corona... Whatever happened at the Gorge simply can't happen at Asrond. if it does... Galiavan is finished. Remeber the Generator for the Cannon is still active in those ruins."

Corona looked at her father and curled her lip. "I just said that. I said that these.... monsters or people or whatever they are are funneling energy two and from that thing. But how can we coil here and do nothing?"  

Anastasia took her glass, and frowned. "There is a possibility something can be done at the Spire, but not in the same way as 'divine light'. However, you would need an engineer or someone knowledgeable of the reactors to perhaps shut it down, or seal it." She sighed, holding her head up as she went to bring the glass to her lips. Once taking a long sip, Anastasia's eyes went wide, and she took a few sips more. "I-in the mean time we...wow." she says, shaking her head. "Sorry, it's been a while since I've had something...this strong." She chuckled, and went back to drinking.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia took her glass, and frowned. "There is a possibility something can be done at the Spire, but not in the same way as 'divine light'. However, you would need an engineer or someone knowledgeable of the reactors to perhaps shut it down, or seal it." She sighed, holding her head up as she went to bring the glass to her lips. Once taking a long sip, Anastasia's eyes went wide, and she took a few sips more. "I-in the mean time we...wow." she says, shaking her head. "Sorry, it's been a while since I've had something...this strong." She chuckled, and went back to drinking.

Raz smiled slightly. "It's Corona's own mixer recipe. 3 parts Flinn, 3 parts Sujiama, and 2 parts Matze. 3 of our strongest alchoholic beveravges. And considering you lack the body size of a Lamia, Anastasia, I'm not surprised it'd give you a kick, even for an Elf." he said, before Corona redirected the conversation back on track.

"Our forest cousings in Amaine are living in fear, and the reports coming from there are not good. What about you? Do you have any connections with the Elves of Amaine?"
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:07 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia took her glass, and frowned. "There is a possibility something can be done at the Spire, but not in the same way as 'divine light'. However, you would need an engineer or someone knowledgeable of the reactors to perhaps shut it down, or seal it." She sighed, holding her head up as she went to bring the glass to her lips. Once taking a long sip, Anastasia's eyes went wide, and she took a few sips more. "I-in the mean time we...wow." she says, shaking her head. "Sorry, it's been a while since I've had something...this strong." She chuckled, and went back to drinking.

Raz smiled slightly. "It's Corona's own mixer recipe. 3 parts Flinn, 3 parts Sujiama, and 2 parts Matze. 3 of our strongest alchoholic beveravges. And considering you lack the body size of a Lamia, Anastasia, I'm not surprised it'd give you a kick, even for an Elf." he said, before Corona redirected the conversation back on track.

"Our forest cousings in Amaine are living in fear, and the reports coming from there are not good. What about you? Do you have any connections with the Elves of Amaine?"

Due to its high alcohol content, and feeling a bit up to the challenge, Anastasia shot the glass back like if it were a shot, and drank the rest of it down, closing her eyes as she gulped deeply, her neck rippling as she gulped the contents down.

She then lowered her head, eyes still closed and sets the glass gently upon the counter. "Hah...," she sighed, before opening her sharp blue eyes, her face again serious as before if not a little pink under the eyes. "Amaine has no Elven clans these days. The overgrowth and fauna has become too deadly for most. My clan used to send scouts in there, but... I've since lost my connections once my parents kicked me out for loving a mortal man!" She says, leaning against the counter, frowning and unaware of what she had said.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Due to its high alcohol content, and feeling a bit up to the challenge, Anastasia shot the glass back like if it were a shot, and drank the rest of it down, closing her eyes as she gulped deeply, her neck rippling as she gulped the contents down.

She then lowered her head, eyes still closed and sets the glass gently upon the counter. "Hah...," she sighed, before opening her sharp blue eyes, her face again serious as before if not a little pink under the eyes. "Amaine has no Elven clans these days. The overgrowth and fauna has become too deadly for most. My clan used to send scouts in there, but... I've since lost my connections once my parents kicked me out for loving a mortal man!" She says, leaning against the counter, frowning and unaware of what she had said.

The two Lamia looked at eachother, then back at Anastasia with concerned and troubled looks on their faces.

"Ana... I'm sorry I asked..." corona said as she tried to comfort the new friend she just made. Someone who knows the truth about pain.

"I forgot... High elven traditions are kind of.... strange and backwards to me. Why would any loved one wish to have their still living loved ones suffer alone without them? That particular rule never made sense to me." Raz said in a low tone. "But... it sounds like the troubles coming out of the ruins there have been going on for some time before these towers emerged. I wonder if there was a prelude, some warning as to what was about to happen?"
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:30 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Anastasia Faizland wrote:Due to its high alcohol content, and feeling a bit up to the challenge, Anastasia shot the glass back like if it were a shot, and drank the rest of it down, closing her eyes as she gulped deeply, her neck rippling as she gulped the contents down.

The two Lamia looked at eachother, then back at Anastasia with concerned and troubled looks on their faces.

"Ana... I'm sorry I asked..." corona said  as she tried to comfort the new friend she just made. Someone who knows the truth about pain.

"I forgot... High elven traditions are kind of.... strange and backwards to me. Why would any loved one wish to have their still living loved ones suffer alone without them? That particular rule never made sense to me." Raz said in a low tone. "But... it sounds like the troubles coming out of the ruins there have been going on for some time before these towers emerged. I wonder if there was a prelude, some warning as to what was about to happen?"

"Huh?" She grunts, turning to Corona with a puzzled look. "Sod the traditions..." she says closing her eyes her hand gripping the glass very tightly, to where she heard it crack. She stopped squeezing, and closed her eyes, wiping away a few rogue tears, she didn't care if she was under the influence, she wasn't... going to tell about what else her parents denied after she remarried...and...settled down.

"As for the Spires... my Grandmother and some of my people spoke of similar events...being the signs of ill things to come..." She says, before reopening her eyes and turned to them. "Iire i' atta ithil tara men, nelde towers will duna tuulo' i' talar'. . . i' Arda will natula lith." She paused, then spoke the translation: "It is an ancient Dialect of Elven Language, some say it was that of the Ancient Ones we descend from, but its roughly translated as: 'When two moons cross paths, three towers will spring forth from the ground, ushering ancient evils beyond comprehension, and the World will become ash'." She then turned to them with a sarcastic look. "Can you believe that my Grandmother would say that to us before putting us to beds some nights? Then again, given the business between my first and second husband, and of my exile... probably not too surprised." She says with a sigh. "Oh, and please... don't mention any of this to Leland, my past that is... it's perhaps best kept buried..." she says with a frown.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:41 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"Huh?" She grunts, turning to Corona with a puzzled look. "Sod the traditions..." she says closing her eyes her hand gripping the glass very tightly, to where she heard it crack. She stopped squeezing, and closed her eyes, wiping away a few rogue tears, she didn't care if she was under the influence, she wasn't... going to tell about what else her parents denied after she remarried...and...settled down.

"As for the Spires... my Grandmother and some of my people spoke of similar events...being the signs of ill things to come..." She says, before reopening her eyes and turned to them. "Iire i' atta ithil tara men, nelde towers will duna tuulo' i' talar'. . . i' Arda will natula lith." She paused, then spoke the translation: "It is an ancient Dialect of Elven Language, some say it was that of the Ancient Ones we descend from, but its roughly translated as: 'When two moons cross paths, three towers will spring forth from the ground, ushering ancient evils beyond comprehension, and the World will become ash'." She then turned to them with a sarcastic look. "Can you believe that my Grandmother would say that to us before putting us to beds some nights? Then again, given the business between my first and second husband, and of my exile... probably not too surprised." She says with a sigh. "Oh, and please... don't mention any of this to Leland, my past that is... it's perhaps best kept buried..." she says with a frown.

Corona and Raz shook their heads. "Won't say a work Anastasia. It's not our business to talk about your personal business. Besides, if the day ever came when you wanted to tell him, you should have the right to tell him yourself, on your own terms. That's how we Lamia always deal with things of this nature." Raz explained, even while Corona reached a hand to caress Anastasia's shoulder.

"Huh, so ancient elven legends predicted something like this would happen..... Pity nobody ever heeded prophecy I suppose. Hmm...." Corona got a strange look in her eye, and looked at her father, the look was concerning to Raz.

"No."

"I havn't even said anything yet."

"Still, the answer is no."

"Still forgetting that I am a grown woman who can decide for herself?"

"You've never even left the Shifting Sands before, nevermind the greater Desert Wastes."

"First time for everything. After all, you left even younger than I did, got to see the whole world during the wars."

"That was a different time Corona."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:49 am

"Its more than personal reasons. There are memories I fear to have resurface. Hence...why I keep quiet." she says softly, before rubbing her hands across her eyes. "Awww... I feel like I should have said nothing at all... such a pain..." she says, muffled by her palms.

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
"Huh, so ancient elven legends predicted something like this would happen..... Pity nobody ever heeded prophecy I suppose. Hmm...." Corona got a strange look in her eye, and looked at her father, the look was concerning to Raz.

"No."

"I havn't even said anything yet."

"Still, the answer is no."

"Still forgetting that I am a grown woman who can decide for herself?"

"You've never even left the Shifting Sands before, nevermind the greater Desert Wastes."

"First time for everything. After all, you left even younger than I did, got to see the whole world during the wars."

"That was a different time Corona."

She parted one of her fingers, her large blue eye shining through it towards Corona before she removed her hands from her face and turned to both of them. "What? Its dangerous out there Corona; I'll be honest, its been nearly twenty years since I last stepped foot in Asrond, let alone Amaine. I'm not sure if the Gunslinger and I can face it at our current level of skill, and I run a tank division." she says out loud.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:"Its more than personal reasons. There are memories I fear to have resurface. Hence...why I keep quiet." she says softly, before rubbing her hands across her eyes. "Awww... I feel like I should have said nothing at all... such a pain..." she says, muffled by her palms.

She parted one of her fingers, her large blue eye shining through it towards Corona before she removed her hands from her face and turned to both of them. "What? Its dangerous out there Corona; I'll be honest, its been nearly twenty years since I last stepped foot in Asrond, let alone Amaine. I'm not sure if the Gunslinger and I can face it at our current level of skill, and I run a tank division." she says out loud.

"All the more reason you need help. I do not know if your rolling metal machines could win in a direct fight with them, not if the weapons from the bandits are anything to go by... But, a small team could actually slip in unnoticed and do some damage." Corona argued, before a small mischevious smile crept onto her face. "Besides, I heard there were some good looking males among the Green Viper tribes of Amaine"

At that, Raz frowned. "You want to hitch yourself to a tree climber...?"

"So what if I did? At least I'll be able to leave the desert once in a while, Father"

Raz's frown deepend, he knew when his Corona referred to him as 'Father' she would become as obstinant and stubborn as her mother. "Hrrrmmm, Better clear it with Zetose and the Queen first... I do not know if he wishes to go with Leland either."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:12 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Anastasia Faizland wrote:"Its more than personal reasons. There are memories I fear to have resurface. Hence...why I keep quiet." she says softly, before rubbing her hands across her eyes. "Awww... I feel like I should have said nothing at all... such a pain..." she says, muffled by her palms.

"All the more reason you need help. I do not know if your rolling metal machines could win in a direct fight with them, not if the weapons from the bandits are anything to go by... But, a small team could actually slip in unnoticed and do some damage." Corona argued, before a small mischevious smile crept onto her face. "Besides, I heard there were some good looking males among the Green Viper tribes of Amaine"

At that, Raz frowned. "You want to hitch yourself to a tree climber...?"

"So what if I did? At least I'll be able to leave the desert once in a while, Father"

Raz's frown deepend, he knew when his Corona referred to him as 'Father' she would become as obstinant and stubborn as her mother. "Hrrrmmm, Better clear it with Zetose and the Queen first... I do not know if he wishes to go with Leland either."

Anastasia blinked and couldn't exactly argue with Corona's reasoning, even if she was a bit drunk and easily persuadable at the moment; she also didn't have her artillery and tank unit with her at the moment, as this mission was definitely not cleared with her own superiors...not to mention if High Command found she had left her post to her trusted Captain...

Upon hearing the side story for Corona's reasoning, Anastasia chuckled. "Well, I'd look for one with shiny Jade scales Corona, that way your offspring's scales will be almost like the flag of Beijio." She then turned to Raz. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt bringing her along. I mean, if we do happen to run into the Green Vipers Tribes, she can persuade them from harming us. Amaine's a wild place, growing wilder by the day." she says, tapping Corona's shoulder with the back of her right hand. "And she's definitely smarter than that other Lamia, Silixia? Sure, I would've been able to dodge that one's arrow, but I was more worried about Corona who was behind me. I didn't hear it till Zetose called them both off, but at some point before or after Silixia had drawn her bow, Corona had hers up as well. So silent, even my Elven hearing couldn't pick that up." she turns to Corona, still a bit pink in the face. "I wasn't going to admit it earlier, since I am a little arrogant, but given my High Elf upbringing, we all are to some extent!" She says chuckling a little, her eyes lidded as she then clapped the Lamia's shoulder.

Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:23 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia blinked and couldn't exactly argue with Corona's reasoning, even if she was a bit drunk and easily persuadable at the moment; she also didn't have her artillery and tank unit with her at the moment, as this mission was definitely not cleared with her own superiors...not to mention if High Command found she had left her post to her trusted Captain...

Upon hearing the side story for Corona's reasoning, Anastasia chuckled. "Well, I'd look for one with shiny Jade scales Corona, that way your offspring's scales will be almost like the flag of Beijio." She then turned to Raz. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt bringing her along. I mean, if we do happen to run into the Green Vipers Tribes, she can persuade them from harming us. Amaine's a wild place, growing wilder by the day." she says, tapping Corona's shoulder with the back of her right hand. "And she's definitely smarter than that other Lamia, Silixia? Sure, I would've been able to dodge that one's arrow, but I was more worried about Corona who was behind me. I didn't hear it till Zetose called them both off, but at some point before or after Silixia had drawn her bow, Corona had hers up as well. So silent, even my Elven hearing couldn't pick that up." she turns to Corona, still a bit pink in the face. "I wasn't going to admit it earlier, since I am a little arrogant, but given my High Elf upbringing, we all are to some extent!" She says chuckling a little, her eyes lidded as she then clapped the Lamia's shoulder.

Raz looked at Corona, then at Anastasia and smiled at the Elf. "And you, my dear, are well and truly inebriated." He chuckled a little and slid the Jute back under the counter. "Probably a good thing though, given the Queen's declining.... health."

Corona's ears perked up at her father's comment. "Declining health? Like Kali?"

"Yes, Corona... The queen has been overusing her gift to try and solve the riddle of the towers. However, whomever owns these towers, is more powerful than anyone we have ever seen. That is part of why I am worried. This might be the final battle, the one we are not meant to win."

"Dad, it's not like you to sound so.... nihilistic." Corona said, her ears drooped and a sad look came over her face.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next