Galiavan 2657
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn - Page 2 Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:47 am

"I'm fine, really." she says, her face returning to it's serious look when she overheard the conversation about the Queen's failing health. "This is a first time I was made mention of the Queen's decline. If it is the same reasons as the one Leland was familiar with, shouldn't she stop?" She paused before, slamming both palms onto the counter before adding: "I know she has a right to look for the interest of her people, but her people also need her too! To sacrifice your energy into looking into something out of your control is simply-" she paused, thinking about the flames of the screams of that haunting night so long ago, and one of the reasons why she wanted to seek out Tenik Tower's Archives. "...reckless. Especially when you should be focusing on the picture here, as opposed to over there..." she said hunched over before sliding back into her seat. She shook her head violently before turning to Corona. "We need to see the Queen. If Leland cannot, I will try and convince her myself."
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn - Page 2 Empty Re: The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:53 am

Raz was about to answer Ana's words, but stopped short when he sniffed the air, and his ears perked up.

He suddenly hissed, and slithered fast as a whipcrack from behind the bar to the door, and wrenched it open. There he saw a dull orange glow emit from the palace windows. And he could taste brimstone in the air. A foul presence made itself known here. "Corona.... Take your friend, and get out of the city, or get her to the palace. I won't argue over which course you chose, but no matter your choice, do it now." said the male Lamia, his face had become stern, like the solder and adventurer he once was. This was Raz more serious that Corona had ever seen her father.

"Dad?"

"Go now, my daughter. Do what you believe you must do, and hold no regret."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:03 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Raz was about to answer Ana's words, but stopped short when he sniffed the air, and his ears perked up.

He suddenly hissed, and slithered fast as a whipcrack from behind the bar to the door, and wrenched it open. There he saw a dull orange glow emit from the palace windows. And he could taste brimstone in the air. A foul presence made itself known here. "Corona.... Take your friend, and get out of the city, or get her to the palace. I won't argue over which course you chose, but no matter your choice, do it now." said the male Lamia, his face had become stern, like the solder and adventurer he once was. This was Raz more serious that Corona had ever seen her father.

"Dad?"

"Go now, my daughter. Do what you believe you must do, and hold no regret."

Anastasia was curious to the reasoning for the Elder Lamia's actions and stepped down from the bar stool her hand upon the counter. Upon observing the harrowing conversation, she turned to Corona. "We must see the Queen at once, Zetose and Leland are still up there!" She barked.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:20 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia was curious to the reasoning for the Elder Lamia's actions and stepped down from the bar stool her hand upon the counter. Upon observing the harrowing conversation, she turned to Corona. "We must see the Queen at once, Zetose and Leland are still up there!" She barked.

"R-right!" Corona said, and as she slithered towards the doorway, Raz handed her her personal Galive. Not her archery set from earlier, and not a guards trident like Zentose, but an ornate poleblade of her people.

The deep city of the Desert Lamia people: Travellers Inn - Page 2 Latest?cb=20091228123835

"Come, Anastasia! I'll guide you there!" Corona said as she made her way to the bridge leading to the palace.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:35 am

"Right!" She exclaimed, taking a step before she had realized she was tripping upon the bar stool. Still, she did not fall fully, managing with an agile grace of a cat to rise from her lowered position into a dash out the door afterwards. "We'll return once we've seen to the Queen! Don't worry, we'll return!" she called back.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:The Empress eyed the departing man carefully, her senses detected his need for vengeance, his rage, his sorrow... His despair.

"You may not be able to help him, Anastasia. His mind is a maelstrom of hatred, desire for vengeance, rage, and despair at the loss of Izuna. But....

Leland couldn't continue to listen, abandoning the Lamias and Anastasia as he made his way back to the Inn. He didn't stop and chat with Raz still behind the counter of the bar, and wordlessly made his way to his room where he'd collect his gear. I will continue my journey. They were invading our universe way before the Void became an issue. We cannot trust she will not turn on us when the threat is dealt with. If it is dealt with. If only our demon realm just remained closed, I'd have been-! He slammed his fist against the wall of his room, gritting his teeth. "Its... not only that. How else can I protect them? What are we to do trading our services to these creatures? Offer sacrifices to fuel their regime? Should we turn against our own kind for them? Sure, get rid of our vilest scum, but who will determine the severity of the crimes? When we run out of 'them', they'll turn to us...." he says almost paranoid, shaking his head and rubbing his eyes painfully!

I should go, they'll only get in the way. I'll make myself the target, lure them away! The villagers can take refuge at the Temple with my wife. Yes. I'll lure them. They won't harm the nagas, the people of Danton, Ithtecca, Beijio, Siamatsu. Everyone, even Iz- He blinked. "Izuna?" he asked, the air, eyes wide, looking around the room of the inn, not recognizing where he was for a moment. "Sleep? I don't need sleep. I slept on the boat." he spoke to no one. "I've got to get to Asrond. If I can't do that... the enemy." he whispered, pushing his things into his bag. "I won't... won't let it happen again. So many... I can't..."
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Ed suddenly got a familiar sting in his mental powers, a terrifying reminder of Damian's self destructive urge struck him like the sledgehammer of deja vu. and Ed's left hand reflexively clawed into the side of his yead, and his eyes flared crimson like a pair of traffic stoplights at night.

"HHHHHRGH! D... D-Damian? No.... Someone like him.... from here on Galiavan" Ed rambled out like a moron at the table, before he suddenly stood up and walked from the bar like he was an andoid.

"No... Not again... I can't let it happen to a friend again..." Ed eerily repeated Leland's own words. as he left the bar,, and immediately launched skyward, completely heedless of whether or not anyone could see him.

Leland could see through the eyes of the stranger, feel his thoughts, and suddenly Leland knew he was coming for him...
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 am

Leland felt his chest seize again, and he too felt fatigued once again! His minds eye saw something... someone large as a cave troll with burning red eyes! "What is that thing?!" he exclaimed, to the open air. Poor Raz may have stayed well away once Leland began babbling like a loon. Good, for Leland drew his guns, throwing back the hammers of the revolvers as he swept the room, anticipating more unearthly visitors! "C'mon bastard... my 'sight' has a bead on you... show right up...!" He exclaimed, sweat rolling down his brow. He could feel a presence behind him as if it were pulling on the low ponytail he wore to hold back his long reddish hair. He swerved and aimed his guns, ready to blast the intruder if need be!
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:06 am

The Elf got to the inn, though her pace was slow. She too, didn't glance at Raz behind the counter when she heard Leland exclaim up stairs. She turned to Raz, finally, showing concern. "Don't let anyone up there." she ordered, before going up cautiously.

She crept through the second floor's hall before turning to the half open door to Leland's room.

"...my 'sight' has a bead on you... show right up...!" she could hear him mutter with her long ears. She wanted to grab her gun, and almost did. She could feel his killing intent with her soldier senses. She instead lowered her hand from her hip, and pushed the doorway open. She took one step forward, staring at Leland's gun trained on her head as he turned with the speed of lightning, as Gunslingers were known for. However, she was not only a highborne elf, she was a Scardian trained soldier!

She raised her arms, pushing both his guns by their barrels aside, as if to spread his arms wide open in tandem with him. Her lidded eyes glared daggers into his own deep blue eyes. While his arms were spread, she drew herself into his, hugging his shoulders with her arms. It was a simple CQC move, commonly referred to as a bear hug by most. It kept Leland from shooting her, or anyone really. Her chest puffed up against his, her blue eyes leveled with his.

"Leland!" She exclaimed, her tone serious and cold, the pressure of her 'hug' intensified as she pinned his elbows now against his waist! "Did you forget who I am? You dare point your gun wantonly? At me!? Are you a Gunslinger, or just another fool with a gun?!" she barked, bearing her teeth, before slamming her forehead hard against his own!
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:26 am

Edgar Holden wrote:Many hours later, Edgar was flying through the skies above the seas, heading back toward Gailden, this time towards the Beijio Desert.

Leland McKelly wrote:Leland felt his chest seize again, and he too felt fatigued once again! His minds eye saw something... someone large as a cave troll with burning red eyes! "What is that thing?!" he exclaimed, to the open air. Poor Raz may have stayed well away once Leland began babbling like a loon. Good, for Leland drew his guns, throwing back the hammers of the revolvers as he swept the room, anticipating more unearthly visitors! "C'mon bastard... my 'sight' has a bead on you... show right up...!" He exclaimed, sweat rolling down his brow. He could feel a presence behind him as if it were pulling on the low ponytail he wore to hold back his long reddish hair. He swerved and aimed his guns, ready to blast the intruder if need be!

Anastasia Faizland wrote:The Elf got to the inn, though her pace was slow. She too, didn't glance at Raz behind the counter when she heard Leland exclaim up stairs. She turned to Raz, finally, showing concern. "Don't let anyone up there." she ordered, before going up cautiously.

She crept through the second floor's hall before turning to the half open door to Leland's room.

"...my 'sight' has a bead on you... show right up...!" she could hear him mutter with her long ears. She wanted to grab her gun, and almost did. She could feel his killing intent with her soldier senses. She instead lowered her hand from her hip, and pushed the doorway open. She took one step forward, staring at Leland's gun trained on her head as he turned with the speed of lightning, as Gunslingers were known for. However, she was not only a highborne elf, she was a Scardian trained soldier!

She raised her arms, pushing both his guns by their barrels aside, as if to spread his arms wide open in tandem with him. Her lidded eyes glared daggers into his own deep blue eyes. While his arms were spread, she drew herself into his, hugging his shoulders with her arms. It was a simple CQC move, commonly referred to as a bear hug by most. It kept Leland from shooting her, or anyone really. Her chest puffed up against his, her blue eyes leveled with his.

"Leland!" She exclaimed, her tone serious and cold, the pressure of her 'hug' intensified as she pinned his elbows now against his waist! "Did you forget who I am? You dare point your gun wantonly? At me!? Are you a Gunslinger, or just another fool with a gun?!" she barked, bearing her teeth, before slamming her forehead hard against his own!

The vision he saw from 'Damian's' eyes and the jolt of pain he felt caused him to stop in mid air and blink.

"Huh... What in this universe is going on? These souls are familiar, yet not quite the same. The one called Leland feels almost exactly like Damian... It's uncanny... And this elf woman..."

"Wait a moment. Leland is one of the people Yoko told me would know about disabling that damn generator beneath the Asrond Spire." Edgar frowned at this, and took off again, redoubling his speed, leaving behind waves almost 10 meters high in his wake. "I do not like coincidences... Something very weird is going on here..." Ed thought as he made his way across the sea at record pace.

The mental image of the man's thoughts were becoming clearer the closer he got... he was closing in fast on Gailden from somewhere across he Scardian Sea.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 am

Anastasia Faizland wrote:The Elf got to the inn, though her pace was slow. She too, didn't glance at Raz behind the counter when she heard Leland exclaim up stairs. She turned to Raz, finally, showing concern. "Don't let anyone up there." she ordered, before going up cautiously.

Leland's eyes glanced into the deep blue of Anastasia's before feeling her head connect with his forehead! "Gah!" he exclaimed, clenching his eyes as his head stung with pain. He felt as if he had a hangover, which wasn't fair since unlike the Elf, he wasn't the one drunk! With the continued pressure on his arms against his hips, his grip got tighter on the handles of his revolvers. He glared at Ana through lidded, wincing eyelashes. "Ah...ow..." he commented, feeling his stinging head ease slightly his long bangs curtained his vision slightly. He wiggled in the hold, and could feel Ana's heartbeat through his chest. It was a steady, firm beat. "That... hurt..." he says, and it had to be the combined approach of the unseen presence bearing upon them with Anastasia's strength that made his fingers loosen around the grips of his guns, letting them clank upon the floor. He frowned, looking away from Anastasia's eyes. "..." he grunted.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:27 pm

Anastasia's eyes remained steely and fixed upon Leland's face, watching him turn and face away with a look of remorse or regret on his face. She headbutts him again, squeezing him tightly before doing so! "I didn't hear you apologize Leland. I've tossed my fair share of men around, far larger and taller than you! I've tumbled with Scardian's, trained and fought alongside them, besting them in combat as well! I'm first and foremost an officer of what was once the planet's greatest military force! I expect an apology and I expect it now, MAGGOT!" She commanded, swinging Leland around, pulling him close, her right arm wrapped around his neck, her left arm around his left forearm with her fingers laced around his wrist which she now pinned against the small of his back and sandwiched between his back and thin tummy. Her legs slid between his, her right thigh pulling out his left leg and curled around it while simultaneously pulling back! She leaned over his left shoulder, her steely blue gaze now fixed upon his. Her face was cold, lacking empathy and her brows gave her a stern, and angered expression!
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:45 pm

A slight commotion was heard outside the inn. People shouting and some hissing. None of the voices were clear, until someone came in and told Razz what was going on, and he made his announcement to his patrons at the bar.

"We got some kinda giant wizard man parting the sands above us by the sounds of it! Get ready to move all the youngsters to the palace if needs be!" he called out, before the aging Razz picked up his bi-fork and started slithering out of the inn.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Anastasia Faizland wrote:Anastasia's eyes remained steely and fixed upon Leland's face, watching him turn and face away with a look of remorse or regret on his face. She headbutts him again, squeezing him tightly before doing so! "I didn't hear you apologize Leland. I've tossed my fair share of men around, far larger and taller than you! I've tumbled with Scardian's, trained and fought alongside them, besting them in combat as well! I'm first and foremost an officer of what was once the planet's greatest military force! I expect an apology and I expect it now, MAGGOT!" She commanded, swinging Leland around, pulling him close, her right arm wrapped around his neck, her left arm around his left forearm with her fingers laced around his wrist which she now pinned against the small of his back and sandwiched between his back and thin tummy. Her legs slid between his, her right thigh pulling out his left leg and curled around it while simultaneously pulling back! She leaned over his left shoulder, her steely blue gaze now fixed upon his. Her face was cold, lacking empathy and her brows gave her a stern, and angered expression!

Leland winced again as he was assaulted by the Elf, his stetson falling and his head stinging. He was then pulled into another confined hold up, his body in such a manner where he was forced to face away from Ana and not slip out as easily. "Ahhh! What the hell?!" he yelled, complaining about the discomfort. Upon hearing her words, and looking into her eyes from the corner of his vision, he sighed and closed his own. "...Ni am sorrime, Anastasia."1 he says in the common, Elven tongue, reflecting upon their meeting as equals before.

Darkstorm Zero wrote:A slight commotion was heard outside the inn. People shouting and some hissing. None of the voices were clear, until someone came in and told Razz what was going on, and he made his announcement to his patrons at the bar.

"We got some kinda giant wizard man parting the sands above us by the sounds of it! Get ready to move all the youngsters to the palace if needs be!" he called out, before the aging Razz picked up his bi-fork and started slithering out of the inn.

Leland flashed his eyes again, and glanced upward. The commotion outside was like a torrent howl of hissing and shouting. Raz's words drifted up to him, less audible than what Anastasia could potentially hear, but he heard enough. "What? What's going on out there? What did Razz say?" he asked Ana.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Leland McKelly wrote:

Leland winced again as he was assaulted by the Elf, his stetson falling and his head stinging. He was then pulled into another confined hold up, his body in such a manner where he was forced to face away from Ana and not slip out as easily. "Ahhh! What the hell?!" he yelled, complaining about the discomfort. Upon hearing her words, and looking into her eyes from the corner of his vision, he sighed and closed his own. "...Ni am sorrime, Anastasia."1 he says in the common, Elven tongue, reflecting upon their meeting as equals before.

"-yes's MAJOR De Faizland! (It's MAJOR De Faizland!)" She barked back, pulling back his head with her right forearm, bending him in a more painful position that brought his back snugly against her chest! It actually hurt her a little, her breasts being uncomfortably flattened because of her own assault.

Darkstorm Zero wrote:A slight commotion was heard outside the inn. People shouting and some hissing. None of the voices were clear, until someone came in and told Razz what was going on, and he made his announcement to his patrons at the bar.

Her face softened some, her long ears twitching lightly. Someone is trying to invade the city? She thought, loosening her grip only slightly.

Leland McKelly wrote:
Leland flashed his eyes again, and glanced upward. The commotion outside was like a torrent howl of hissing and shouting. Raz's words drifted up to him, less audible than what Anastasia could potentially hear, but he heard enough. "What? What's going on out there? What did Razz say?" he asked Ana.

She turned her eyes back to the task at hand, restraining Leland and yanking him back painfully again. "Razz said someone take the children. Another had said that there is a large... wizard of sorts parting the sands. It sounds true enough, however..." she then, kicked the back of his leg out, turning towards her right, pushing her left hand against his back while pulling his neck with her other arm, throwing his entire body forward so that the man would fall flat on his chest upon the inn room's floor! She added further humiliation by dropping her right heel against his lower back, grinding it! "While I'll assess the situation, you will remain confined in this room! In your current state, I'd say you'd be more of a hindrance to these people! Pick up your guns when you're a Gunslinger..." she says stepping over him with her full weight against his back while in passing, pulling her own handgun from her holster as she crossed the threshold of the room; yanking back the luger style action of her Beijionese Type-45.

She paused in the short hall, facing the balcony that overlooked the bar below. She half turned, her narrow dark blue gaze glared at Leland's intensely. "Slaying yourself saves no one. You can't bring back the dead with bloodshed." she says coldly, before turning heel abruptly and began descending the stairway.

She was heading into the concourse, ready to confront this 'wizard' if need be. She had no time to pity Leland's plight.

Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Raz saw Anastasia come downstairs from their rooms, the Barkeep and old warrior looked concerned. "The sands above have stopped moving... Scout reports there was a lone woman trekking the desert before the magic man appeared. She has guns on the man, and they are having a standoff on the surface... Talking in unpleasant voices." explained Raz.

He started slithering out the door. "If he opens up the cavern ceiling... that is the end for Aluphia. The sun will scorch our babies and dry out our oasis.... This city has never been directly exposed to the wasteland sun."
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:24 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:Raz saw Anastasia come downstairs from their rooms, the Barkeep and old warrior looked concerned. "The sands above have stopped moving... Scout reports there was a lone woman trekking the desert before the magic man appeared. She has guns on the man, and they are having a standoff on the surface... Talking in unpleasant voices." explained Raz.

He started slithering out the door. "If he opens up the cavern ceiling... that is the end for Aluphia. The sun will scorch our babies and dry out our oasis.... This city has never been directly exposed to the wasteland sun."

Anastasia took in the information, her stoic expression unchanging as he described what would come to pass if they were to become exposed. "I see. I can only see one course of action. We'll need a small group of your city's best warriors. Its too dangerous for them to present themselves as an envoy, so keep them hidden while I expose myself to the pair. Should formalities become hostile, we'll attack. The city's men will have to set up in ambush positions around the pair in such case." she explained, a simple plan that a civilian could muster. She was a Major within the Artillery & Armored Cavalry Division, and this situation didn't really call upon a need for more advanced tactics. With some grain of luck, they would just waste their energy setting up positions and no harm will come to anyone. Worst case...

She slipped her handgun back into her holster, caressing the broom handle like grip.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkstorm Zero Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Raz nodded, and summoned a few other Lamia, giving them silent instructions to gather a small covert force, and perhaps even one of their Serpent Magi. "Closest tunnel that leads to that section of the desert is behind the inn. Come." said Raz as he left the inn with his young bottlewasher and bellhop in charge.
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Anastasia Faizland wrote:
Leland McKelly wrote:

"-yes's MAJOR De Faizland! (It's MAJOR De Faizland!)" She barked back, pulling back his head with her right forearm, bending him in a more painful position that brought his back snugly against her chest! It actually hurt her a little, her breasts being uncomfortably flattened because of her own assault.  

Her face softened some, her long ears twitching lightly. Someone is trying to invade the city? She thought, loosening her grip only slightly.

Leland McKelly wrote:

She turned her eyes back to the task at hand, restraining Leland and yanking him back painfully again. "Razz said someone take the children. Another had said that there is a large... wizard of sorts parting the sands. It sounds true enough, however..." she then, kicked the back of his leg out, turning towards her right, pushing her left hand against his back while pulling his neck with her other arm, throwing his entire body forward so that the man would fall flat on his chest upon the inn room's floor! She added further humiliation by dropping her right heel against his lower back, grinding it! "While I'll assess the situation, you will remain confined in this room! In your current state, I'd say you'd be more of a hindrance to these people! Pick up your guns when you're a Gunslinger..." she says stepping over him with her full weight against his back while in passing, pulling her own handgun from her holster as she crossed the threshold of the room; yanking back the luger style action of her Beijionese Type-45.

She paused in the short hall, facing the balcony that overlooked the bar below. She half turned, her narrow dark blue gaze glared at Leland's intensely. "Slaying yourself saves no one. You can't bring back the dead with bloodshed." she says coldly, before turning heel abruptly and began descending the stairway.

She was heading into the concourse, ready to confront this 'wizard' if need be. She had no time to pity Leland's plight.  

Leland lay there, motionless after Anastasia made her point rather clear. Her parting words rattled his nerves somewhat, and for a long while he stared at his fallen guns. He was helpless to help his family, the village. Years of inactivity made him weak, made him slow, and he paid for it. But... they were years not wasted in his own mind, but undeniable was the fact that all he did was pop his guns... and watched as the villagers were devoured and slain by the hundreds.

He was angry at the creatures, but most of all, himself. He couldn't save anyone. He made a vow to protect them, as village headman, as Izuna's husband. He failed them. Failed her.

'You tried'

The small voice in his minds eye was familiar. A sweet tone. It made him shiver, and close his tired eyes.

Am I going to just lay here...? I tried. I failed, but I didn't lay down... watch as another village potentially fall? He thought.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Leland McKelly Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:37 am

As he lay there, for some reason a scene played in his head... the haziness drifted away and the Sight spoke to him:

Darkstorm Zero wrote:As the two strangers got heated up, many more of the Golden Cobra warriors silently got into ambush positions and hid themselves in the sandy shallows, watching the two and clutching their weapons tightly. Nervously.

They didn't know why, but the feeling the large man gave off unnerved them all... He was not like other humans, who were normally either dinner, or friendly usually. those that wern't friendly were definitely dinner. But this man.... He was definitely not food...

They waited for Raz and his elf guest to arrive.

[From Here]

Ana finally arrived, slipping quietly beside Raz. She silently nodded to him, before taking noticed of his hesitation. Slipping quietly above the dune on her chest, she observed the two individuals in the sand, and watched as the scene got very tense. She heard banter from the Lamia about her that the pair had been at it for several minutes now, and it seemed like they would be pointing weapons at one another all day.

Ana sighed, removing her gunbelt and blade. "Don't try anything stupid..." she warned the Lamia. "If it gets bad, wait for an opening and try to handle it quick- but there is no need to spill further blood." she explained before climbing the dune.

She sneaks down the sandy hills, sliding on her bottom to get behind a crag. She then closed her eyes. Sir Brightblade, watch over me. She thought of her elderly teacher from way back when, before whistling loudly- then slowly revealed herself from the rocky outcrop of millennia old coral.

She appeared between the two from a distance and slowly approached without a word.

Leland shifted in his position somewhat. No... you arrogant woman! Can't you see its dangerous to go forward from here?! His thoughts raged, but he knew that Ana had good intentions, and by showing no arms it would mean a show of peace. But he felt it was too bold, and that she should have remained in cover instead. To him, it was almost like she wanted to provoke someone. Perhaps himself? Would she even be capable of such logic to think this way? That would be impossible, even for a mind reader to think that far ahead!

"Idiot..." he spat under his breath, slowly trying to rise to his knee. Ana's combat reflexes were impeccable, and she did a number on him before she left to handle this situation by herself. "I'm a freaking idiot..." he gulped dryly. "I forgotten their faces... all of them..." he began. "My father's, my mother's... my Sakura, Jack, Yume... Izuna's... Not anymore..."

He didn't have long to wrap his head around the logistics of the scene played out for him via the Sight:

Rebecca Lee wrote:She grits her teeth painfully tight. "Cocky son of a bitch!" She exclaimed, pulling back the triggers of both weapons when she heard the sharp whistle.

She appeared between the two from a distance and slowly approached without a word.

She flinched, turning to movement from her left and instinctively swayed the pistol in her left hand in the direction of the approaching figure!

Bang!

The flash of light, the slide recoiling as a nine millimeter casing ejected from the frame. She didn't get a chance to look at the target, the approaching figure; only turning and firing out of impulse given the ambush driven situation!

Leland's eyes widened as the Sight relayed another scene playing out in real time! "NO!" He screamed, his body glowing with a light golden aura that quickly expanded from his heart and outward. The room, the Inn, the sand above him, and the people above! The bullet exiting the plume of flame and smoke began to dramatically lose its speed, the people within the invisible golden dome did as well, to them it would be but a flash he supposed.

I do not aim with my hand. I aim with my eye.

He rolled forward, grabbing one of his gun's in mid roll, the weapon he forged alongside his Master upon earning his right to carry it.

I do not shoot with my hand. I shoot with my mind.

He thumbed back the hammer of the long barreled weapon, closing his hand around his right hand's fingers, keeping the left hand's fingers away from the cylinder gap and aimed high, with the Sight guiding his hand in conjunction with his thoughts on where to place the shot.

I do not kill with my gun. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

He exhaled in a long, slow drawn out breath as he charged his ki into the chamber of his pistol, the barrel glowing with an intense bright white light. He thought of his loved ones, of the people he learned his trade, and the future he needed to protect! The charging ball grew bigger with each of them he thought of, and thought of Ana's well being as well before he pulls back the trigger.

I am a Gunslinger!!

The pistol cracked like a cannon had gone off, the ball of light contained at the end of the barrel tripled its size, like that of a beach ball before exploding from the barrel and burrowing upward! The blast phased through the ceiling of the inn, through the rocky cave's ceiling, through the sands- each time the beam got somewhat smaller, but the bullet remained pristine!

When it was over, the beam faded, and the dome retreated back into Leland's body. He gasped, falling over his knee with his red hot glowing pistol smoldering upon the floor of the inn room! He felt sweat dripping from every inch of his body, his eyes wide with shock as his energy took a while to return to him.

"Please..." he whispered to the bullet he had shot.
Leland McKelly
Leland McKelly
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 pm

(from here)

Anastasia made it back to the Traveler's Inn with the taller Edgar, and brought him upstairs to the room she had thrown Leland onto his ass when he was acting like a little bitch. Unlocking the door, she enters, and immediately begins pulling sheets over the open concept 'windows' which allowed amazing views of the underground city. The room became a littler darker, and she then turned to Ed once more, looking nervously towards the curious book he had in silence.
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Ed was grateful for Ana's sense of urgency regarding this, and once she had covered the windows, he sat down on an oaken chair, and took the book from his satchel.

"I do not know what will happen once I open this book. Esdar did not tell me. But I can think of no other way to attain the answers we need..." he said, before unlatching the lock on the cover, and then, carefully, he opened the book...
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Random Mobs Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 pm

As Ed pulled the cover open, there was no grand fan fare, no spectacular light show. Simply the flipping of many pages. To Anastasia, the pages were all blank, but to Ed, he could see flickers of words upon the pages, changing shape and vanishing, as if waiting for Edgar to ask it a question...
Random Mobs
Random Mobs
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Anastasia Faizland Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Anastasia tensed up some, unsure what would happen so when Ed had actually opened the book and nothing happened, she was a bit... betrayed? She blinked, stepping close. "The... pages are all blank." She says, blinking looking at the pages carefully. "I was expecting something more... flashy?"
Anastasia Faizland
Anastasia Faizland
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Edgar Holden Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Edgar closed his eyes, and let his mind focus.

"Esdar, I have two questions I desperately need answers to. First, is there a way to stop the Mako Energy Reactor safely in the Asrond Ruins? How could I accomplish this? And Second, what is my mother's true purpose here? Her patterns and methods are very different from her usual way... Something is very off, and the refference to some mysterious monster, especially that image I gleamed from the Desert Lamia Queen's mind... Esdar, I need the answers, and you're the only one I know who may have them." Ed's mind spoke to the presence within the pages.
Edgar Holden
Edgar Holden
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next